PDA

View Full Version : Major League Baseball 2009

WhiteRat
Apr 6th, 2009, 09:33 PM
The season is now upon us so that means we've got a good 6 months of quality and hopefully roid free baseball.

Here's to a great season for all, especially the Twins, who are destined to win the World Series.

paranoid
Apr 7th, 2009, 12:39 AM
The blue jays kicked ass tonight. It was a good start to their 33rd season.

WhiteRat
Apr 7th, 2009, 02:06 AM
I caught the last few innings of that game. The Jays done good by handing the Tigers a loss.

paranoid
Apr 7th, 2009, 02:28 AM
ya I was watching the habs so I only caught the last inning just after the fans threw stuff on the feild. What was that all about anyway? The announcer never said what happened.

Colonel Flagg
Apr 13th, 2009, 02:12 PM
"Swing and a miss, struck eeem out!"

"Swing and ... it's a well-hit ball, deep to right it ... is ... outta ... here, HOME RUN!"

Rest in Peace, Harry Kalas. :(

Pentegarn
Apr 13th, 2009, 04:35 PM
"Swing and a miss, struck eeem out!"

"Swing and ... it's a well-hit ball, deep to right it ... is ... outta ... here, HOME RUN!"

Rest in Peace, Harry Kalas. :(

A tragic loss

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-phillies-kalashospitalized&prov=ap&type=lgns

Chojin
Apr 13th, 2009, 08:55 PM
steroids only make baseball more exciting. anyone who hates them is gay.

Geggy
Apr 16th, 2009, 11:16 AM
I always knew that the new york yankees is an evil organization but never thought their old stadium would be used as a concentration camp. I bet the new stadium has all new and improved high tech survillence.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/30230537/

WhiteRat
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I love that the officer told him to get the hell out of the country if he didn't like it. Dude shouldn't have been kicked out, but as a service member I find it insulting when idiots talk, move around, leave their hats on, or sip on a beer during the national anthem. How hard is it to stand still for 2 mins?

WhiteRat
Apr 17th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Francisco Liriano pitches a solid 6 innings and the Twins bullpen once again manages to fuck everything up by given up 12 runs in the 7th.

They've only played 11 games but last year's bullpen disasters have seemed to continue where they left off.

Geggy
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:39 AM
But what about the irony that was pointed out in the article? God bless america is about america and the freedom that it stands for yet the guy wasn't allowed to go to the bathroom during the song, let alone get kicked out. Along with shoving patriotism into our throats and sealing off all exits during the song, it seems a bit totalitarian-y. But the guy retalitated the way any americans would by suing. God bless america indeedy.

Btw how about that beatdown by the indians against the yankees? That was just beautiful.

WhiteRat
Apr 21st, 2009, 06:12 PM
Read my post, I don't think the guy should of been kicked out or even talked to about it.

sspadowsky
Apr 22nd, 2009, 03:03 AM
You could have an angel straight out of Heaven sing "God Bless America," and it would still sound like the big gay showtune that it is. I fucking HATE that song.

Anyway, in a nice turnabout, the Cardinals' starting pitching was subpar, and the bullpen was excellent. Nice to see them hold a lead for once. And Pujols breaks his bat and still hits a ball 300 feet. I see now why the media have taken to calling him "The Machine."

Colonel Flagg
May 8th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Manny Ramirez :lol :wank

Pentegarn
May 9th, 2009, 01:31 AM
I think the new 'baseball controversy' should be playing without taking performance enhancement drugs. It would be a heck of a lot of less work for the sports media if they did it that way

Colonel Flagg
May 24th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Is it just me, or did the Yanks look a little too happy after beating the Phils in Saturday's game? Yes, they came from behind in the 9th with 3 runs off Lidge, and Cabrera got another walk-off base hit, but really, did they need to give him the "dogpile" treatment? It isn't September yet, there's still like 120 games left to go before the Playoffs start guys.

http://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/e51dc763-7b5e-4781-903a-fc775941ab33.jpg

I don't know, I just thought it was a little bush league.

Pentegarn
May 24th, 2009, 12:42 PM
I wouldn't let it get to you, the Phils will prolly make the playoffs while the Yankees will do their usual el foldo that they have been doing for the last 5 years.

Colonel Flagg
Jun 6th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Phils and Dodgers goin' at it for a four game set in LA - the first two games were pretty damned good. I can only hope for two more (like the first, not like the second ;))

LA is doing OK without MR - still with the best record in the NL.

Pentegarn
Jun 6th, 2009, 11:41 AM
LA is proving they are a force to be reckoned with. I can easily see them in the World Series this year (hopefully playing the Tigers :D )

Pentegarn
Jun 9th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Barry Bonds wife is leaving him. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-bonds-separation&prov=ap&type=lgns

I can't wait till she rips half of all his ill gotten gains from him :lol

Colonel Flagg
Jun 9th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Maybe she'll get half his home runs ...

Pentegarn
Jun 9th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Maybe she'll get half his home runs ...

He's divorcing his wife, not the cream and the clear :lol

Colonel Flagg
Jun 9th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Ooooh good one! :troutslap

Geggy
Jun 12th, 2009, 04:50 PM
ysP4EFqAAJs

Geggy
Jun 12th, 2009, 11:34 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/gamecast?gameId=290612110

Oh my god that's fucking terrible. Mets choked yet again.

Colonel Flagg
Jun 13th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Great pitching last night from .... Blanton and Lester?? :eek

sspadowsky
Jun 14th, 2009, 12:27 PM
http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090613&content_id=5305100&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=stl

Albert Pujols is simply unstoppable. I've watched this about nine times just because of Ohka's reaction at the crack of the bat.

Colonel Flagg
Jun 20th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Phils are in the midst of interleague play, where they traditionally suck big hairy monkey balls. They do not disappoint, losing their last 5 in a row, and 7 out of 8 against the AL East.

Dammit. >:

Pentegarn
Jun 23rd, 2009, 09:38 AM
They can suck in regular season interleague play all they want. As long as they don't suck against the American League post season it doesn't matter.

Colonel Flagg
Jun 28th, 2009, 10:16 PM
They had to win the last two games aganst the Jays to finish 6-12 in interleague play. Worst record in interleague play for a reigning World Series champ since interleague play began.

No matter how you slice it, that's some bad baseball. >:

sspadowsky
Jun 29th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Yeah, but aren't you guys missing half your pitching staff or something?

Colonel Flagg
Jun 29th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Just Brett Myers now.

Kitsa
Jul 1st, 2009, 03:59 PM
This is old but I still loves it because Milwaukee players tend to be plump...

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/c_c_sabathia_prince_fielder_keep

Colonel Flagg
Jul 2nd, 2009, 06:45 AM
:lol

That reminds me of the words of the immortal Jim Fregosi talking about John Kruk, the first baseman for the '93 Phillies (now ESPN commentator):

"Boy, he sure does hit good fat, doesn't he?"

Colonel Flagg
Jul 21st, 2009, 03:22 AM
From last year's baseball thread:

Yesterday, from Omar Minaya:

"Willie has my support. He has the support of our ownership. Willie's job was never in danger going into this meeting."

Kiss of Death - the "Vote of Confidence". He'll be gone by the 4th of July.

Randolph was fired on June 17th. Now this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4342683

I want you to be our general manager, and I want Jerry [Manuel] to be our manager.

What goes around, comes around.

Colonel Flagg
Jul 21st, 2009, 11:53 PM
10 in a row for the Phils. Woo. Hoo. :blah

Womti
Jul 22nd, 2009, 10:53 AM
hey is anyone besides me really psyched that the sox have finally stopped winning the world series? just sayin :rave

Pentegarn
Jul 22nd, 2009, 05:50 PM
hey is anyone besides me really psyched that the sox have finally stopped winning the world series? just sayin :rave

I'd say everyone other then Geggy is :lol

Geggy
Jul 23rd, 2009, 05:25 PM
MARK BUEHLRE OF THE WHITE SOX PITCHED A PERFECT GAME TODAY

http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/gamecast?gameId=290723104&autoRefresh=0&action=summary

Pentegarn
Jul 24th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Cool, those don't happen often, wish I had seen it on the TV at least though

Pentegarn
Jul 28th, 2009, 02:13 PM
http://www.federalbaseball.com/2009/7/28/965350/josh-willingham-hits-grand-slams

This is something that has happened less times in baseball history than the perfect game

El Blanco
Jul 28th, 2009, 06:41 PM
It is a great time to be a Mets fan. Just fan-fucking-tastic.

Seriously, is Omar Minaya on the Phillies' payroll? Maybe the Yankees?

Colonel Flagg
Jul 28th, 2009, 10:01 PM
They usually wait until the off-season to fire the General Manager. I hope for your case, EB that this time, they make an exception.

Colonel Flagg
Jul 28th, 2009, 10:05 PM
http://www.federalbaseball.com/2009/7/28/965350/josh-willingham-hits-grand-slams

This is something that has happened less times in baseball history than the perfect game

And 9 out of the 13 were on teams in what is now the AL Eastern Division.

Seriously, I initially thought you were referring to the fact that the Nationals won a game. :p

El Blanco
Jul 29th, 2009, 12:02 AM
I won't call for a man's job...

but if they do make a move, I suggest trying to move Minaya to Bernezar's job (he is a good scout) and trying to lure Depodesta from the Padres.

I know that would piss off certain people, but fuck Joe Morgan and Bill Plashke.

Pentegarn
Jul 29th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Seriously, I initially thought you were referring to the fact that the Nationals won a game. :p

well played :lol

Pentegarn
Jul 29th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Good news for the Colonel

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ge-leephilliesdeal072909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Cy Young pitcher, AND a not to shabby left fielder for 'prospects'.

Looks like the Dodgers won't just walk into the World Series so easily now.

Colonel Flagg
Jul 29th, 2009, 10:10 PM
More like GREAT NEWS!! :picklehat

The only question is how will they do with four lefty starters. On the other hand, they are able to keep Drabek, Happ, Taylor and Brown.

Pentegarn
Jul 30th, 2009, 12:36 AM
The only question is how will they do with four lefty starters.

That will be an issue I wager.

Colonel Flagg
Jul 30th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Maybe Happ can learn how to "switch-pitch"?

EDIT: Damned YouTube embedding!

-2oD8KzxS14

EDIT: There it is!

Pentegarn
Aug 1st, 2009, 10:54 AM
If he were smart he would drop his glove to disguise his pitching arm for the batter. Jim Abbott showed us you don't have to have your glove on your hand when you pitch after all.

In "Why Cleveland will never win any sports championships again" news, they traded yet another star away.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ys-tradebuzz073109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

The big joke locally is that next week is "Victor Martinez Bobblehead night" in Cleveland and local news keeps wondering if they will cancel the promotion.

I am more concerned with why the Cleveland ownership hates their fans so much, other than the Cavs there is no effort out of Cleveland to break their curse.

Geggy
Aug 8th, 2009, 08:49 AM
http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/gamecast?gameId=290807110&autoRefresh=0&action=summary

An incredible game between sox and yanks last night. Most exciting 0-0 game I've ever witnessed. Btw don't ask me what's with the sox as of late. Their bat went cold immediately after the all star. Now their pitching has been problematic. Wtf

Pentegarn
Aug 12th, 2009, 12:32 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/32380144/ns/sports-baseball/

Geeze Tigers, you could have at least won after all that

Geggy
Aug 12th, 2009, 04:56 PM
It was the first time in youk's career he's ever charged the mound after being hit by a pitch. Its about time too. He got hit by a pitch 15-something times last season. This year so far he is leading the league with 10 hbp. What is it about youk that makes pitchers want to bean him? Do they really find his batting stance that annoying?

Also it was porcello's second time he has hit a batter this season, both times against youk.

El Blanco
Aug 13th, 2009, 08:04 AM
I think it is more amazing they miss his fat ass with such frequency.

And give him a break on not charging more. 60 ft 6 in is a long way to run for him. Did you see the poor guy weezing when he got to the mound?

Colonel Flagg
Aug 13th, 2009, 10:23 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090813&content_id=6401446&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

And Philadelphia fans are always touted as the worst in professional sports. Gee, I don't remember anyone at the Bank tossing a full beer on Fukudome. What an assclown. >:

El Blanco
Aug 14th, 2009, 11:55 AM
No, they throw batteries instead.

My friends that root for the Phillies are talking like they've been vindicated. As if finding one douchebag in another city somehow rectifies decades worth of assholes so bad the city and team management put a fucking court and jail cell in the basement of the stadium.

Pentegarn
Aug 14th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Philadelphia fans boo'd Santa Claus. (http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/30/sports/football/30nfl.html)

They chanted "She's ugly" at the halftime wedding a fan won at an Eagles game (admittedly having your wedding at an Eagles game is probably in the top 10 bonehead moves of all time, but still) (From the Holly Robinson Peete interview on the Jim Rome Show)

They cheered when Irvin was injured. (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/news/1999/10/11/philly_fans_ap/)

Trust me the Philadelphia fan rep is not undeserved, they have done some bad stuff over the years.

Colonel Flagg
Aug 14th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Please don't equate Phillies fans with Eagles nutjobs. :( Trust me, they are of two ilks.

True enough, the Phils fans have had their share of ugliness over the years, but no more so than other cities (I seem to remember a certain "Death to Disco" night that resulted in a forfeited baseball game due to damage incurred at the field).

And if we are to believe teh interwebs, there have been several battery-throwing incidents, not all of which are attributable to the Philly Phaithphul. :\

Colonel Flagg
Aug 14th, 2009, 02:17 PM
As if finding one douchebag in another city somehow rectifies decades worth of assholes so bad the city and team management put a fucking court and jail cell in the basement of the stadium.

The court (which is at the "Linc" and not the "Bank", EB - you're mixing fan metaphors) is actually a great deterrent to the typical "over-the-top" moral turpitude exhibited by a small subset of Eagles fans.

Trust me, you have the same bonehead fans in New York. And I don't believe one or two moronic Giant fans mean the entire fan base sucks eggs.

Just sayin'

El Blanco
Aug 14th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Yes, we have morons here, but it isn't celebrated. But, Philly seems to be the Mecca of douchebaggery. It's like they compete with Detroit or something.

Colonel Flagg
Aug 14th, 2009, 03:26 PM
And once painted with the "douchebag" brush, it's awfully tough to wash it off. :\

Soriano may be right - some ignorant slug in Philly may try to throw a brew on a Cub outfielder, if they meet in the playoffs. I can only hope if (God forbid) this happens, that the other fans in his section beat the living crap out of him.

Of course, this would only give ESPN more fodder .... Can't win for losin' :(

Colonel Flagg
Aug 14th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Doublepost

Pentegarn
Aug 15th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Please don't equate Phillies fans with Eagles nutjobs. :( Trust me, they are of two ilks.

Well and good, but I was answering this

And Philadelphia fans are always touted as the worst in professional sports. Gee, I don't remember anyone at the Bank tossing a full beer on Fukudome. What an assclown. >:

Most of the worst stuff is done at the Eagles games. But they are part of the stigma Philly is stuck with as a sports town.

Colonel Flagg
Aug 15th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Woopsie. Damned keyboard put the wrong letters under my fingers again! :\

WhiteRat
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Ol' Johan Santana is done for the year. That's a lot of money that won't be put to use down the stretch.

Colonel Flagg
Aug 27th, 2009, 09:21 PM
I haven't seriously given the Metropolitans any thought for about the past month. That's sad. :(

Billy Wagner is now a Red Sock. Whoop-dee-doo. :blah

adooo
Aug 29th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Go Cardinals and Albert Pujols

WhiteRat
Sep 1st, 2009, 12:05 PM
The Twins take one from the White Sox (who i'm convinced are already throwing in the towel). The Twins have been playing great ball the past 2 weeks and are still in the hunt for the AL Central. Something tells me this might be a repeat of the 2006 all over again.

Pentegarn
Sep 5th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Normally I just ignore A-Rod, but this made me chuckle a bit

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Long-arm-of-the-law-finds-itself-in-the-grasp-of?urn=mlb,187211

Tadao
Sep 5th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Hahaha, I would have cheered him :(

Colonel Flagg
Sep 10th, 2009, 04:49 AM
The latest in "Berra-worthy" quotations, this time from Jason Werth:

"The way things are going lately, we're overanalyzing too much."

sspadowsky
Sep 23rd, 2009, 06:17 PM
Cardinals' magic number is down to two. Hopefully, the Astros pitching staff will be as shitty tonight as they have been the two previous. After a couple of long winters, it will be nice to see the Redbirds in October again.

I hope these last two nights are the beginning of something regular- this offense is too good to have the crappy output they've had the last couple of weeks.

The Phils were underachieving for a bit too, but that was a pitching problem, wasn't it?

Colonel Flagg
Sep 24th, 2009, 04:50 AM
Still is, SS. Their bullpen has taken an early vacation - as of April it seems. Lidge is enigmatic, perfect last year and 'perfect' this year - 48-0 in saves in '08 and 0-11 W/L record in '09. Which Lidge will show up for the playoffs?

Another last night too. This is beyond a concern. :(

Colonel Flagg
Oct 4th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Detroit and Minnesota in a one-game playoff. Who knew?

Colonel Flagg
Oct 7th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Good game and outcome for the Twins. Congratulations, WR. Good luck against the Yanks! :\

Colonel Flagg
Oct 12th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Jeez, but that was a nail-biter. I'm still not ready to feel comfortable with "Light's out" Lidge in the game, but with 2 on and 2 out to get the K on one of Colorado's most dangerous hitters, ... well, I'm cautiously optimistic. Bring on the Dodgers. :picklehat

Colonel Flagg
Oct 12th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Am I the only one still interested in the baseball playoffs? :(

Pentegarn
Oct 13th, 2009, 08:01 PM
I think you are the only one who still has his team in it with a realistic chance at winning :lol

Colonel Flagg
Oct 13th, 2009, 10:31 PM
No Yankees fans amonst us sports groupies? Now that's hard to believe! :eek

Pentegarn
Oct 14th, 2009, 02:40 PM
It's hip to hate the Yankees, didn't you know?

Colonel Flagg
Oct 14th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Tell that to the die-hards at work! >:

Pentegarn
Oct 14th, 2009, 02:54 PM
You work, in Philly, with Yankee fans?

And they haven't somehow been killed by Philly residents?

Colonel Flagg
Oct 14th, 2009, 03:39 PM
And we have Cowboy fans here too! :eek We call them cockroaches. :lol

sspadowsky
Oct 14th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I was so disgusted by the half-assed play put on by the Cardinals that I haven't paid attention to baseball since about the 7th inning of the game in which they were eliminated. They all looked completely lost and confused. They were way too good of a team to be so shitty for the last month. Good luck to everyone but the fucking Yankees.

Pentegarn
Oct 14th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Good luck to everyone but the fucking Yankees.

See? Everyone hates the Yankees here, including me. But I earned my hatred honestly from back when there was just an east and west and the Tigers were looking up at them a lot

Colonel Flagg
Oct 14th, 2009, 10:24 PM
I hate all teams from Los Angeles and New York. It's part of my heritage. :\

Plus Dallas. Always Dallas. >:

Colonel Flagg
Oct 14th, 2009, 10:26 PM
I was so disgusted by the half-assed play put on by the Cardinals that I haven't paid attention to baseball since about the 7th inning of the game in which they were eliminated.

I'm sorry for your loss, SS. I was pulling for them until the end - a Cards/Phils NLCS would have been AWESOME. :fu Manny

Geggy
Oct 17th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Am I the only one still interested in the baseball playoffs? :(

I'm still watching the postseasons even though the depleted red sox are out.. Couple of match ups in CLS are too good that it can't be missed.

I watched game 2 of NLCS. LA clearly didn't beat Phillies, The Phillies beat themselves especially late in the game. Their offense lacked consistency today against a former Philly whose era was 4.56. Nice to see Pedro back in top form although he's not the same Pedro of the old. He lacked speed but was more deceptive in his pitching sequences.

Yankees suck!! I have my reasons and it goes way back to the early 80's.

Colonel Flagg
Oct 18th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Yankees suck!! I have my reasons and it goes way back to the early 80's.

You're a Sox fan - it's in your blood. :|

My big takeaway from game 1 was that Pedro Martinez can still pitch. How does that taste, Omar? :lol (EB - what's the word from the Big Apple? Does Omar fear for his livelihood? For your sake, I hope so.)

Colonel Flagg
Oct 19th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Holy Jesus Christ. Do you think they could have made that one any more exciting? Makes up for last night.

JRoll!

Colonel Flagg
Oct 20th, 2009, 04:48 AM
The Angels victory was also exciting. I especially loved the 8th inning baserunning goof by Bobby Abreu. :lol

Pentegarn
Oct 20th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Just wish they had been faster about their win, I was waiting for House dammit! :P

Pentegarn
Oct 21st, 2009, 10:14 PM
5 home runs so far. You got less a baseball game and more a cannon fire fight going out there Colonel

Colonel Flagg
Oct 21st, 2009, 10:52 PM
As long as the Phils score more runs than the Dodgers, I don't give a rat's ass. :)

Chan Ho Park looks fired up.

EDIT: Last count is 6, with Victorino's 2 run dinger in the bottom of the 6th.

Colonel Flagg
Oct 21st, 2009, 11:50 PM
7 homers in all, not including Victorino's ground rule double that would have been a homer were it not for some bonehead in right-center field.

Ugliest game I've ever seen to end a playoff series. But I'll take it. :picklehat

Pentegarn
Oct 22nd, 2009, 08:40 AM
Grats Colonel. I'll be rooting for the Phillies when the Yankees inevitably play them in the World Series

Colonel Flagg
Oct 23rd, 2009, 05:13 AM
Back to the Bronx for game 6. :\ Can the Angels stage a "Sox-worthy" comeback?

Geggy
Oct 25th, 2009, 08:58 AM
I hope so. I'm hoping for a repeat of 2004 alcs. The angels-yanks series has been so fucking tedious for number of reasons. A lot of close games, too many bad calls by umps (ie. the now infamous call at third that should've been a double play), and I want the yankees to lose. I'm actually excited for the phillies. Given that the angels lose, the phillies is a team that's most definitely capable of embarrassing the yankees cuz that's the only thing I want out of this postseason.

Pentegarn
Oct 26th, 2009, 12:10 AM
And for the next couple weeks, everyone at i-mockery sports forum is a Philly fan :P

Colonel Flagg
Oct 26th, 2009, 05:03 AM
:picklehat

sspadowsky
Oct 29th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Nice results in Game 1. I hope and pray that the Phils sweep and the Yankees never even once have a lead.

Colonel Flagg
Nov 1st, 2009, 12:52 AM
Effin' Yankees now have a 2-1 lead in games. Gotta get games 4 and 5 to go back to NY only having to win one. >:

Pentegarn
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:31 AM
I hate the Yankees, if they can't win it all they just throw money at the problem till they do win. I still think Philly will win in the end though.

Pentegarn
Nov 3rd, 2009, 08:48 AM
Well Yankees, you haven't won it all yet.

*roots very hard for the Phils to win the next 2*

Geggy
Nov 3rd, 2009, 09:29 AM
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE PHILLIES AND THEIR FANS!!

http://media.bonnint.net/wtop/16/1680/168026.jpg

Colonel Flagg
Nov 3rd, 2009, 04:12 PM

The Inky had to print a "Major League" retraction after that ad was mistakenly printed. One can imagine that Macy's (originally based in New York City) was pretty pissed off.

Then again, it's possible a clipping of the ad came through a time-warp and the editor just wanted to get a jump on the Daily News.

Geggy
Nov 4th, 2009, 11:19 PM
we may not see that ad again. yankees are leading 7-3 at top of 8th right now with mariano pitching the heart of phillies' order. jason werth just struck out. :(

Geggy
Nov 4th, 2009, 11:52 PM
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs031.snc3/11844_1288558453685_1221914078_30898798_3128126_n. jpg
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs031.snc3/11844_1288558493686_1221914078_30898799_2771429_n. jpg
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs031.snc3/11844_1288558533687_1221914078_30898800_298655_n.j pg
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs031.snc3/11844_1288558573688_1221914078_30898801_6516032_n. jpg

Colonel Flagg
Nov 4th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Effin' Yankees. I HATE baseball. :explode

Until Spring Training, that is. :hypno

We'll get 'em next year. :\

Colonel Flagg
Nov 4th, 2009, 11:55 PM
:lol @ geggy

Pentegarn
Nov 9th, 2009, 08:40 AM
First off: Geggy, no room for the Vader NOOOOOOOO? Or is it now too cliche?

Second: Somewhere in a third world country, there are people wearing those back to back shirts, along with 2 different OSU BCS champion shirts and so on and so on :lol

Third: I agree with Colonel, EFFIN Yankees indeed. That was very hard to both watch and stomach.

Colonel Flagg
Nov 9th, 2009, 10:12 AM
It's time to close this thread and start anew with the winter meetings and trade rumors! :)

Pentegarn
Nov 10th, 2009, 09:34 AM
I say keep it till 2009 ends then start a new baseball thread