PDA

View Full Version : NCAA 2009 season thread

Pentegarn
May 16th, 2009, 06:50 PM
I know what you are thinking, 'Waaaaay early', and normally I would agree, but this season's first game has already been decided.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Friday-Roundtable-What-price-Delaware-State-s-s?urn=ncaaf,163767

Couple things here:

1) Why would Delaware State do this to themselves. Sure, money and program recognition are nice, but have a little pride in your team.

2) Why would Michigan ever schedule any 1-AA opponent ever again after the Appalachian State Debacle?

Colonel Flagg
May 16th, 2009, 09:21 PM
It's NEVER too early for college basketball. Wooo.

Pentegarn
May 16th, 2009, 11:07 PM
It's NEVER too early for college basketball. Wooo.

This is the college football thread though :lol

Colonel Flagg
May 18th, 2009, 05:41 AM
Ummm ... apologies? :redface

I get excited about college basketball more than college football. Which makes no sense, since I'm more of a pro-football fan than an NBA fan. Anyhoo, for others like me who can't see straight past 8:30, could we specify the title a bit more - you know, NCAA Football 2009 or something. I'd appreciate it, since we're undoubtedly going to have an NCAA 2009 basketball thread someday ....

Good talkin' to you, P.

Pentegarn
May 18th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Anyhoo, for others like me who can't see straight past 8:30, could we specify the title a bit more - you know, NCAA Football 2009 or something. I'd appreciate it, since we're undoubtedly going to have an NCAA 2009 basketball thread someday ....

Yeah, I was thinking that same thing myself.

WhiteRat
May 18th, 2009, 07:21 PM
I thought this was the thread for college lacrosse.

Pentegarn
Sep 5th, 2009, 07:29 AM
So Boise State and Oregpn play and LeGarrette Blount treats to this:

EDIT: Youtube had to take the video down because ESPN are a bunch of whiny bitches

That seemed like a sucker punch to me. Oh and real brave after the sucker punch throwing up your dukes while keeping your helmet on. At least take off your face protection for a throw down, after all you were all for hitting him without his helmet. Not only are you a shitty example of sportsmanship, you are a freaking coward. Carmelo Anthony punching and backpedaling away is laughing at your cowardice.

On the plus side, this dipshit is getting suspended for the season ( http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=txt25oregonblount&prov=st&type=lgns ). Bonus punishment, because he is a senior, this will probably make him all but forgotten when the NFL draft comes next year! HA! Karma: 1 LeGarrette Blount:0

Colonel Flagg
Sep 5th, 2009, 07:48 AM
That young man needs 400mg of thorazine. STAT!

Pentegarn
Sep 6th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Oklahoma pretty much ended itself for the hunt for the national title yesterday.

OSU took a punch from Navy but managed to get the win thanks to an unusual defensive play. Navy does have a good running game and OSU came out kind of rusty. Hopefully next week they will come out stronger. Time will tell.

For the gambling degenerates, Florida failed to cover the spread and only won by 59 :lol

WhiteRat
Sep 6th, 2009, 08:59 PM
That young man needs 400mg of thorazine. STAT!

What movie is that from? I know this quote!

MattJack
Sep 7th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Let me start off by saying first that I'm not tryin to hate on anyone for liking college ball or anything like that, but I just want to let yall know where I'm coming from and see what yall think.

I never got into college football. I never quite understood when I was younger(or now) how schedules worked and what counted. Being from Louisiana you'd figure I'd bleed purple and gold(even going to a couple games and having childhood friends graduate from there), but I don't.

Three or four years ago I tried getting into college ball because some of my buddies were telling me it was the best shit ever. Well, I watched a couple of games and they were OK and all, but then I learned something that has just made me not give a shit about college ball.

The BCS.

What the fuck is that shit about? How can EVERY sport on the planet have a playoff system EXCEPT college football? Who is the best? The BCS is the most broken/glitched/fucked shit I've ever heard of in my life when it comes to deciding who's the best. I guess it's all politics and money, but I don't know, maybe college ball followers like it?

How do yall like the BCS? Is it legit or do you think it's completely stupid too?

Also why are some games completely lopsided? I mean Kansas beat Citadel yesterday 40-6. Florida beat Charleston 62-3!! The sad part is that this shit isn't uncommon. When was the last time you saw that shit in the pros on a regular basis?

Is there any possible way I can get into college ball at this stage in my life? Are there some basic facts I need to know?

Thnx I-Mockery Sports Forum

Colonel Flagg
Sep 7th, 2009, 06:12 AM
What movie is that from? I know this quote!

I paraphrased. :) I think the actual quotation is from the movie "Ghostbusters" and goes something like this:

[talking over the phone to Dr. Egon Spengler] "I just whacked her up with 400 mg of thorazine; she's going to take a little nap now."

It just seemed appropriate.

Colonel Flagg
Sep 7th, 2009, 06:29 AM
[...] I learned something that has just made me not give a shit about college ball.

The BCS.

What the fuck is that shit about? [...]

BCS = Big Craptastic Suckfest

How do yall like the BCS? Is it legit or do you think it's completely stupid too?

It's all they can get. Yes, it sucks. Yes, it's a travesty that college football is the only major national sport with no playoff system. Such is the power of the NCAA. They operate under the misguided opinion that they'll lose billions of dollars in revenue if they go to a playoff system (the "Bowl Train" will hit the final station) and further mistake the confusion of a non-consensus national champion as "good for the sport".

Personally I'd take the NCAA board of directors out back and shoot 'em.

Also why are some games completely lopsided? I mean Kansas beat Citadel yesterday 40-6. Florida beat Charleston 62-3!! The sad part is that this shit isn't uncommon. When was the last time you saw that shit in the pros on a regular basis?

Not bloody often, I'll admit.

The reason most Division I schools schedule cupcakes on their schedule used to be to pad their won/loss records to help them achieve national recognition. Thankfully, this practice, while maintaining a healthy level of status quo (Penn State vs. Akron comes to mind) is losing significance, thanks to a computer ranking system that rates quality of opponents, or strength of schedule as a number that gets factored into the BCS ranking. It's only one factor, so it doesn't carry all the weight it probably should, but it's a step in the right direction, and it's all the morons in charge would agree to.

Is there any possible way I can get into college ball at this stage in my life? Are there some basic facts I need to know?

I am sure the rest of my brethren in the sports forum will add where they deem it significant, and correct me where I may have made an inadvertent error.

If you're a football fan, then getting into collegiate football could be do-able, if you're willing to invest the time and energy in getting to know either your local college team(s) or your alma mater. However, if you're not a football fan, the chances are less than likely. IMO, of course. :)

Pentegarn
Sep 7th, 2009, 10:09 PM
I got some answers of my own, they may even match the Colonels in some spots

The BCS.

What the fuck is that shit about? How can EVERY sport on the planet have a playoff system EXCEPT college football? Who is the best? The BCS is the most broken/glitched/fucked shit I've ever heard of in my life when it comes to deciding who's the best. I guess it's all politics and money, but I don't know, maybe college ball followers like it?

Everyone, everywhere, ever agrees with you, except the people making money from the sponsorships and the few BCS honks (i.e. SEC fans) Those same people who agree with you all have their own solution. I would take even a plus 1 system at this point, but they won't even give that. I think the BCS hates sports fans.

A system that always keeps the 2 best teams from playing each other for the championship can only be called stupid.

You'll find this is VERY common for the BCS conference teams. Especially the SEC (look at their schedule last year; they refuse to play anyone tough in preseason and they don't need to because the AP poll voters will suck their collective dicks on command. They won't risk the undefeated season on some real preseason competition because one loss can cost them the BCS championship. Hence why Florida plays the Columbus School for Blind Girls in preseason.

1) According to ESPN. Nothing is better then the SEC. It doesn't matter that they only play themselves, it doesn't matter that generally they lose the majority of their bowl games when they finally have to play an out of conference team that is tough, they can do no wrong in the eyes of ESPN.

2) Unfortunately, the Big 10 has yet to grasp the concept of the spread and how to defend it.

3) Once upon a time, Michigan University had a football team, then the evil wizard Rich Rodriguez put the curse of his coaching on their university and all it's traditions, now they have a team that loses to OSU by roughly 40 points.

4)The Big 12 is Big on offense and little on defense

5)USC are the only non SEC school that ESPN likes. About halfway through every season though, they lose to some slap like Stanford or Washington and their season gets shot, that said they still deserve a BCS shot more than most of the SEC.

6) Out of nowhere about 3 years ago Boise State made a big splash. Not sure why but they have remained relevant. They were best known before this surge for their blue football field.

7)Utah is another little university that could, like Boise State.

8) A few rivalry games of note: OSU vs. Michigan, Army vs. Navy, Notre Dame vs. Michigan, Notre Dame vs. USC, Auburn vs. Alabama, Texas vs. Oklahoma, USC vs. UCLA

MattJack
Sep 8th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Thanks gentlemen!

Well I'm from SEC territory, but yet I don't give a damn how "stacked" their conference is if they play padded schedules.

After reading both of your posts I guess I'll watch college ball for the love of the game, but I'll pretty much consider it Amateur Ball(which technically it is). It just seems like all the college system has to do is tweak a few things here and there to make it awesome, but unfortunately politics and money are involved.

I'll just watch the games that "matter" from now on. I'll root for La teams of course, but I really don't give a shit. I just love football and I love a good game.

Once again thanks. Also if you have any other thoughts/opinions for me they are more than welcome.

WhiteRat
Sep 8th, 2009, 04:43 PM
You'll find this is VERY common for the BCS conference teams. Especially the SEC (look at their schedule last year; they refuse to play anyone tough in preseason and they don't need to because the AP poll voters will suck their collective dicks on command. They won't risk the undefeated season on some real preseason competition because one loss can cost them the BCS championship. Hence why Florida plays the Columbus School for Blind Girls in preseason.
You'll find this is common for nearly ALL college football teams, D1, D1AA, and even D2.

Take for instance Maine (1AA) playing St. Cloud State (D2 and my alma mater for 1 semester) this past weekend. These are essentially tune up games as college does not have a preseason. I don't have a problem with this kind of scheduling as long as it's limited to one 1AA game, two games against a WAC, MAC, or CUSA team, and one marquee BCS game. You also failed to mention that the smaller schools receive several hundred thousand dollars just for showing up. It's a good tune up for the big schools and a really nice payday for the little guys, most of them having small athletic budgets to begin with.

1) According to ESPN. Nothing is better then the SEC. It doesn't matter that they only play themselves, it doesn't matter that generally they lose the majority of their bowl games when they finally have to play an out of conference team that is tough, they can do no wrong in the eyes of ESPN.Agreed.

6) Out of nowhere about 3 years ago Boise State made a big splash. Not sure why but they have remained relevant. They were best known before this surge for their blue football field.Boise State has been solid for several years now, not just since 2006. They are relevant because they have consistently fielded solid teams and are a model for why the BCS needs to go.

8) A few rivalry games of note: OSU vs. Michigan, Army vs. Navy, Notre Dame vs. Michigan, Notre Dame vs. USC, Auburn vs. Alabama, Texas vs. Oklahoma, USC vs. UCLAYou could also add Florida vs. Florida State vs. Miami, Oregon vs. Oregon State, Cal vs. Stanford, Iowa vs. Iowa State, and South Florida vs. Central Florida. There are many more great rivalries that ESPN neglects because they aren't seen as big money games even though some of these rivalries stretch back a hundred years.

There is much more to college football than what's just shown on ESPN. Try to check out several different games, not just BCS. You'll find that they are just as exciting as the more hyped games. Personally, I find games like North Texas vs. Ball State much more entertaining than South Carolina vs. NC State.

Pentegarn
Sep 11th, 2009, 04:38 PM
You could also add Florida vs. Florida State vs. Miami, Oregon vs. Oregon State, Cal vs. Stanford, Iowa vs. Iowa State, and South Florida vs. Central Florida. There are many more great rivalries that ESPN neglects because they aren't seen as big money games even though some of these rivalries stretch back a hundred years.

What Harvard vs. Yale not good enough for your list? What about the Old Oaken Bucket, no love for that match between Indiana and Purdue? :lol

Babs
Sep 12th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Right now OSU vs. USC is taking place. Over 105,000 people are at the OSU horse shoe. I've decided to take shelter at my parents house in Grove City for the time being, seeing as there will be absolute mayhem taking place after this game.

Colonel Flagg
Sep 12th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Why? Riots can be fun. ;)

My favorite NCAA game o' the day:

Notre Dame - 34
Michigan - 38

:lol

Babs
Sep 12th, 2009, 11:34 PM
And OSU lost the fucking game. FUCKING WOW! Way to go defense, especially against a freshman QB. Lesson learned today, the word disappointment.

Pentegarn
Sep 13th, 2009, 12:24 AM
The 4th and 1's we didn't go on didn't help either.

Babs
Sep 13th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Fucking amen. Imagine if we would of went for them on the 4th & goal scenarios. Should of, would of, could of. I'm ashamed of these so called "luck-eyes".

WhiteRat
Sep 14th, 2009, 10:21 AM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q15/JerkDouglas/1ufot091309.jpg

What an amazing experience. First time since 1982 that a Minnesota football game has been played on campus. Just a great experience.

Pentegarn
Sep 19th, 2009, 08:57 PM
5)USC are the only non SEC school that ESPN likes. About halfway through every season though, they lose to some slap like Stanford or Washington and their season gets shot, that said they still deserve a BCS shot more than most of the SEC.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/09/usc-football-aaron-corp-pete-carroll-jake-locker-washington-ingame-report.html

Colonel Flagg
Sep 19th, 2009, 09:25 PM
So, what are the lottery numbers for next week, big guy?

Pentegarn
Sep 19th, 2009, 10:48 PM
If only...

But if I did know them, I couldn't share them with you, I think we are in the same multi state jackpot :P

Babs
Oct 2nd, 2009, 02:42 AM
I keep forgetting there's a sports forum on here but here I go...

So I was happy to see Penn State get their ass whooped by Iowa this year unlike last year it took a field goal to win. OSU with a shut out against Big Ten Illinois is a good way to start off a conference win. I'm really iffy with the BCS but I really want to see us beat all Big Ten teams and have all Pac 10 teams lose and for OSU to play them in the Rose Bowl.

Pentegarn
Oct 2nd, 2009, 06:46 AM
Truth is OSU is the only Big 10 team that could win the Rose Bowl this year, the rest of the Big 10 is pretty abysmal. MU may be undefeated, but they haven't played anyone and won't till their last game.

Babs
Oct 11th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Iowa is not such a bad team, I know OSU won't have any trouble with them but it's to see them be undefeated until they face us haha.

Colonel Flagg
Oct 18th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Oopsie. Was someone looking past Purdue, perhaps? :hypno

Pentegarn
Oct 18th, 2009, 11:16 AM
More like some QB forgot what team he was on what with the at least 4 turnovers he personally caused

Babs
Oct 18th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Terrelle Pryor is more overrated than the OSU program itself. I mean, how do you expect to be taken seriously by the BCS if you lose to Purdue?

Terrelle Pryor, one of the worse QB's I've seen. Learn to plant your fucking feet, throw off your front foot, and fucking put your god damn hip into it you piece of shit.

Pentegarn
Oct 20th, 2009, 10:34 AM
That's a bit harsh. He had his worst game ever, but he has had great games against much better opponents too.

I would say one of 2 things need to happen. Either he needs to shore up his throwing fundamentals a lot, or they need to have him and a throwing QB behind center at the same time. Snaps to him are most likely runs, snaps to the other QB, passes.

Babs
Nov 4th, 2009, 07:25 PM
A little late on this post but I was going to state this. That USC game at Oregon goes to show that the Pac 10 is not a conference to push off to side and only look at the SEC teams. Oregon CRUSHED USC, not only was Masoli having dead accuracy with the passes he throw, but the rushing of the Oregon team against a very good rushing defense was out of control. Orgeon rushed up 300 yards against a team that has only allowed 77.9 yards in rushing this season. Oregon IMO should definitely go to the National against Florida. Florida is an amazing team just like last year but I can see Oregon being their greatest opponent this year.

Pentegarn
Nov 9th, 2009, 08:24 AM
and sadly they won't even get a whiff of the BCS game because of that Stanford loss.

Speaking of upsets, how bout them Hawkeyes?

Babs
Nov 11th, 2009, 04:40 AM
What an upset seeing Stanford beat Oregon, that was a pretty good game.

Hawkeyes were lucky all this year, it was only a matter a time they folded with that unbalanced offense.

WhiteRat
Nov 12th, 2009, 01:54 PM
A little late on this post but I was going to state this. That USC game at Oregon goes to show that the Pac 10 is not a conference to push off to side and only look at the SEC teams. Oregon CRUSHED USC, not only was Masoli having dead accuracy with the passes he throw, but the rushing of the Oregon team against a very good rushing defense was out of control. Orgeon rushed up 300 yards against a team that has only allowed 77.9 yards in rushing this season. Oregon IMO should definitely go to the National against Florida. Florida is an amazing team just like last year but I can see Oregon being their greatest opponent this year.

Ever heard of Texas?

WhiteRat
Nov 12th, 2009, 02:01 PM
I was hoping that Iowa would be undefeated up to the last game of the season when Minnesota travels to Iowa City. I would've liked nothing more than to steal a game from the chickenhawks and watch all of their fatass fans climb onto their John Deer tractors and drive home crying.

Babs
Nov 12th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Have I ever heard of Texas and their weak ass schedule?

Teams like LSU and Arkansas are some of the two teams that had the hardest schedules.

WhiteRat
Nov 13th, 2009, 08:20 PM
What do LSU and Arkansas have to do with the BCS title game?

You really think that Oregon would be a tougher opponent for Florida than Alabama and LSU or even Texas? Oregon is a good team but they weren't even the first ones to knock off the mighty Trojans; a Husky team coming off a winless season already did that. Impressive win sure, but it's not like Leinart and Bush were playing in Eugene.

Pentegarn
Nov 14th, 2009, 09:47 AM
The only hard games LSU and Arkansas have are Florida and maybe, maybe Alabama. The SEC is a 2 team deep conference with a 10 team deep reputation. Just ask Utah last year. If the SEC were all that, would Alabama not have won that game last year?

The Big 12 is pretty under average this year too. (last year vs. this year shows that) Sadly though, the way things are the BCS is nothing more than a glorified bowl game that invites the Big 12 champ and SEC champ to play one another leaving the scrappy teams like Natti, TCU, and the like in the dark.

In my eyes, Utah is the National champ of 2008 and if TCU wins out, they are the national champ of 2009. Heck my method isn't any less ridiculous than the current 'official' one.

In other news: The Big 10 Rose Bowl participant gets decided today in the Horseshoe.

Babs
Nov 14th, 2009, 07:00 PM
I agree about Utah. Utah is an AMAZING team. In my eyes, they are definitely the national champs of 2009 (they played their bowl game in 09 against Bama NOT 08). They destroyed Alabama and now Albama is now in 2nd place? How so, Texas won their bowl game last year why are they not 2nd? Anyways, I'm off topic but then thing is is that Utah is an amazing team, once ran by Urban Meyer.

I can't wait to see this Utah and TCU game, I know for sure Utah is going to win.

On another note, BUCKEYES WIN AGAINST THE COCKEYES!

Pentegarn
Nov 14th, 2009, 11:48 PM
They win their Championship in 09, but it is for the 08 season, like when the Buckeyes won the 2002 BCS game in 2003.

And could the Buckeyes done anything more to throw that game away?

Esuohlim
Nov 15th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Are there any wolverine fans on here? Nothing makes me happier than to see their football program deteriorating before my eyes.

WhiteRat
Nov 16th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Are there any wolverine fans on here? Nothing makes me happier than to see their football program deteriorating before my eyes.

Yeah it's been fun watching DickRod and his teams' antics every week, but I still maintain that he will right the ship. He overhauled the entire offense and once he gets most of his own players on the field you will see a return to the top of the Big 11 for Michigan (and I hate Michigan, too).

Pentegarn
Nov 16th, 2009, 12:46 PM
If he is given the time anyway, but everyone is suddenly clamoring for his resignation in Ann Arbor

EDIT: By the way TCU crushed Utah didn't they? That legitimizes heir place in my "The real national champion" college football system.

Colonel Flagg
Nov 16th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Once again, the BCS is proven to be the fraud it truly is. :\

Babs
Nov 16th, 2009, 06:10 PM
TCU will probably go to an "At Large" bowl. Scratch that, I gurantee they make them go to the capital one bowl game (non bcs).

Colonel Flagg
Nov 16th, 2009, 09:56 PM
How about this - can TCU get ranked #1 in both USA Today and AP Polls and still not make it to a BCS bowl? Probably not, but wouldn't that be something? :lol

Pentegarn
Nov 20th, 2009, 08:35 AM
How about this mess? Bethel College vs. Sterling College. Pay attention to the QB and how he throws this pass. Don't blink you'll miss it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fMdIHuzJRbw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fMdIHuzJRbw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The only thing I can say for this play if it were a planned out play is the defense would be looking at the QB and not expect a pass so the offense knowing what was coming would have a jump on the ball. But still, no look? Really?

Colonel Flagg
Nov 29th, 2009, 09:51 PM
That takes some balls, man.

Pentegarn
Nov 30th, 2009, 10:44 PM
And in, "What took them so long" news, Charlie Wies gets fired

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601079&sid=asOpzOqT0cRw

Pentegarn
Dec 4th, 2009, 07:26 AM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1AqnsjEPLIA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1AqnsjEPLIA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Pentegarn
Dec 5th, 2009, 11:38 PM
And the BCS honks breathe a collective sigh of relief as Texas barely squeaks by Nebraska, allowing the fraud that is their joke of a way to decide the champion in college football to continue uninterrupted.

Could you imagine what they would have done had Nebraska upset Texas? TCU vs. Alabama? Would that not make the sponsors shit themselves? Damn shame that won't happen and this fraud can continue :(

Babs
Dec 6th, 2009, 12:42 PM
I was hoping for that loss. That last kick I thought it was going to right a little to much for comfort but god damn, Colt McCoy messed up throwing the ball with 1 second left.

Pentegarn
Dec 6th, 2009, 10:10 PM
The BCS selection, fraud that it is, is made.

BCS Championship: Alabama vs. Texas
Rose Bowl: OSU vs. Oregon
Sugar Bowl: Cincinnati vs. Florida
Fiesta Bowl: TCU vs. Boise State
Orange Bowl: Georgia Tech vs. Iowa

And surprise surprise, they put TCU against Boise State. Could you be any less transparent BCS selection committee? It is painfully obvious you put those 2 together so they wouldn't expose any team in the BCS conferences to humiliating non BCS defeats further proving what a fraud your whole greedy broken system is. I know you don't want to see your precious big money schools get publicly humiliated by a non-BCS school (like Boise State did to Oklahoma and Utah did to Alabama in the past), but please try to be a little subtle about it.

Babs
Dec 7th, 2009, 12:11 PM
I'm glad atleast Florida got their shit handed to them by Alabama. Florida is very over rater in my opinion seeing as their only 4 games the played that were non SEC conference were non AQ conference teams. Fuck Florida, oh how the mighty have fallen in a very devastating way.

I'm pure sure Florida will win against Cincinnati seeing as the Bearcats are more of an offensive team and Florida's defense should have no problem covering the deep passes.

Pentegarn
Dec 7th, 2009, 03:03 PM
God I hope not, I want to see a sweep of the SEC in every bowl game

Colonel Flagg
Dec 7th, 2009, 03:53 PM
(inside the BCS Boardroom)

Thank G**! Texas beat Nebraska!

Woot!

We won't have TCU to f*** with our "Championship" system.

Hey, I know how we can really f*** with those G** Damned Horned Frogs ... let's have them play Boise State!

(maniacal laughter)

BCS - Big C***-Suckers

Colonel Flagg
Dec 9th, 2009, 01:30 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4727155

Interesting turn of phrase here:

Typically, we do not comment on inquires that are in progress.

Since when did an NCAA investigation become a "typical" occurrence? Apparently since Lane Kiffin became the coach - 6 secondary NCAA violations in the past year.

I'm wondering what "amenities" these "hostesses" provided to the "student" athletes.

WhiteRat
Dec 10th, 2009, 05:35 PM
I'm so excited that Minnesota gets to play in the Insight Bowl for the 3rd time in 4 seasons! Playing Iowa State gets me all hot and bothered!

PS Fuck the Alamo Bowl, who chose Michigan State over Minnesota even though we won the head to head and Michigan State just suspended 8 players.

Pentegarn
Dec 11th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Maybe they thought it was a basketball game :P

Colonel Flagg
Dec 19th, 2009, 10:59 PM
And in the "does anyone care" department, Villanova beats Montana 23-21 to win the FCS, formerly known as the 1AA championship, but since it's a REAL championship, the NCAA thought that was undermining the BCS, so they gave it a similar acronym.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :p

Pentegarn
Dec 20th, 2009, 01:19 AM
I care, because I think they do it in tourney format. Therefore they are right, and FAR more legit than the BCS. Speaking of that, I have some news I heard that I will post in a bit after I research it further

Pentegarn
Dec 20th, 2009, 01:26 AM
Found it.

In a moment of government that invokes mixed feelings in me (I am pro small government after all, but I hate the BCS enough to not care about their rights) it appears Congress will vote on a bill possibly designed to force a playoff system in college football.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/05/bcs-house-vote-congress-t_n_381514.html

Edit: also the New Mexico Bowl was today and was surprisingly entertaining.

Babs
Dec 20th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Pentegarn, we're watching the OSU vs Oregon game together. YOU HAVE NO CHOICE!

Esuohlim
Dec 20th, 2009, 07:37 PM
PS Fuck the Alamo Bowl, who chose Michigan State over Minnesota even though we won the head to head and Michigan State just suspended 8 players.

I agree 100% that we don't deserve it.

Pentegarn
Dec 20th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Pentegarn, we're watching the OSU vs Oregon game together. YOU HAVE NO CHOICE!

OK. Just PM me the particulars

Colonel Flagg
Dec 21st, 2009, 09:27 PM
I care, because I think they do it in tourney format. Therefore they are right, and FAR more legit than the BCS.

Yes. It's the same way in Division II and Division III (the Amos Alonzo Stagg Bowl) where teams actually play several seeded playoff games tournament style culminating in the championship.

What a concept. :blah

Pentegarn
Dec 22nd, 2009, 12:04 AM
That would be too much like right. It looks like as sports fans, Congress is our only hope (God help us)

Colonel Flagg
Dec 22nd, 2009, 05:09 AM
:eek

Babs
Dec 23rd, 2009, 07:02 AM
Dec.19 New Mexico Albuquerque ESPN 3:30PM Wyoming 35-Fresno State 28
Dec.19 St. Petersburg St. Petersburg ESPN 7:00PM Rutgers 45-UCF 24
Dec.20 New Orleans New Orleans ESPN 7:30PM MidTenn 42-USM 32
Dec.22 Las Vegas Las Vegas ESPN 7:00PM Oregon State 20-BYU 44
Dec.23 Poinsettia San Diego ESPN 7:00PM Utah vs. California
Dec.24 Hawaii Honolulu ESPN 7:00PM Nevada vs. SMU
Dec.26 Little Caesars Detroit ESPN Noon Ohio vs. Marshall
Dec.26 Meineke Charlotte ESPN 3:30 PM North Carolina vs. Pitt
Dec.26 Emerald San Francisco ESPN 7:00PM Boston College vs. USC
Dec.27 Music City Nashville ESPN 7:30PM Kentucky vs. Clemson
Dec.28 Independence Shreveport ESPN 4:00PM Texas A&M vs. Georgia
Dec.29 EagleBank Washington DC ESPN 3:30PM UCLA vs. Temple
Dec.29 Champs Sports Orlando ESPN 7:00PM Miami vs. Wisconsin
Dec.30 Humanitarian Boise ESPN 3:30PM Idaho vs. Bowling Green
Dec.30 Holiday San Diego ESPN 7:00PM Arizona vs. Nebraska
Dec.31 Armed Forces Ft. Worth ESPN 11:00AM Air Force vs. Houston
Dec.31 Sun El Paso CBS 1:00PM Stanford vs. Oklahoma
Dec.31 Texas Houston ESPN 2:30PM Missouri vs. Navy
Dec.31 Insight Tempe NFL 5:00PM Minnesota vs. Iowa State
Dec.31 Chick-fil-a Atlanta ESPN 6:30PM Tennessee vs. Virginia Tech
Jan.1 Outback Tampa ESPN 10:00AM Northwestern vs. Auburn
Jan.1 Capital One Orlando ABC Noon Penn State vs. LSU
Jan.1 Gator Jacksonville CBS Noon Florida State vs. West Virginia
Jan.1 Rose Pasadena ABC 3:30PM Oregon vs. Ohio State
Jan.1 Sugar New Orleans FOX 7:30PM Florida vs. Cincinnati
Jan.2 International Toronto ESPN2 11:00AM South Florida vs. N. Illinois
Jan.2 Papa Johns Birmingham ESPN 1:00PM UConn vs. South Carolina
Jan.2 Cotton Dallas FOX 1:00PM OK State vs. Ole Miss
Jan.2 Liberty Memphis ESPN 4:30PM East Carolina vs. Arkansas
Jan.2 Alamo San Antonio ESPN 8:00PM Michigan State vs. Texas Tech
Jan.4 Fiesta Glendale FOX 7:00PM TCU vs. Boise State
Jan.5 Orange Miami FOX 7:00PM Georgia Tech vs. Iowa
Jan.6 GMAC Mobile ESPN 6:00PM C. Michigan vs. Troy
Jan.7 BCS Title Game Pasadena ABC 7:00PM Alabam vs. Texas

BCS schedule if anyone wanted to know it.

WhiteRat
Dec 23rd, 2009, 01:12 PM
This is almost 2 months old and 13 mins long, but it's 100% worth the listen.

Some Michigan radio guys go absolutely insane over the poor state of college football teams in Michigan. There are some great one liners in here.

http://tindeck.com/listen/kzkc

Pentegarn
Dec 23rd, 2009, 02:09 PM
I wish I could find the MSU rant from a few years ago where the radio host shouts himself hoarse yelling "Make plays! Make plays! Make plays!"

That was a good piece of radio.

In regards to your link, yakety sax makes everything better. You could be announcing that you got fired, cheated on, and your dog died, the minute yakety sax starts playing, it's all good!

Pentegarn
Dec 27th, 2009, 12:59 AM
HUGE NEWS!!!! HUGE NEWS!!!! HUGE NEWS!!!! HUGE NEWS!!!! HUGE NEWS!!!! HUGE NEWS!!!!

Urban Meyer resigns!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=txt25floridameyerresig&prov=st&type=lgns

Babs
Dec 27th, 2009, 05:22 AM
I already heard about this.

COME TO OSU BABY

Pentegarn
Dec 27th, 2009, 09:38 AM
I already heard about this.

COME TO OSU BABY

Nah, I still like Tressel better. He just needs to learn how to defend against the spread.

Pentegarn
Dec 27th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Also, they should now change the Sugar Bowl to the "teams without a coach Bowl"

WhiteRat
Dec 30th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Mike Leach getting fired is an absolute joke. Want to see the so called "shed" that he "imprisoned" bitch Adam James (who wanted to transfer to SMU last year but didn't get the release) in?

http://www.kcbd.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=4421239&h1=Attorney%20speaks%20on%20treatment%20of%20playe r&vt1=v&at1=News&d1=333634&LaunchPageAdTag=Sport&activePane=info&rnd=24752732

Pentegarn
Dec 30th, 2009, 04:51 PM
I don't see Tech doing better coach wise than Leach, unless they plan to get to get Harbaugh

Babs
Dec 30th, 2009, 07:40 PM
On a different note. Why is Michigan so terrible now?

Pentegarn
Dec 30th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Well, you'd have to go back to this event:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/17/sports/ncaafootball/17michigan.html?em&ex=1198126800&en=f63318431f167643&ei=5087%0A

It started pretty much there, then it got worse.

Colonel Flagg
Dec 31st, 2009, 12:30 AM
Re: Leach vs. Tech - let the legal circus begin.

Re: Michigan's downfall - :lol

WhiteRat
Dec 31st, 2009, 01:51 AM
I don't see Tech doing better coach wise than Leach, unless they plan to get to get Harbaugh

Harbaugh won't go to Tech. He's primed to take over a top flight program and Tech will ALWAYS play second fiddle to Texas while battling with A&M, Baylor, and TCU for that position.

Tech was shit before Leach and will now slide back into mediocrity. There is more to the story than just the James incident (who reportedly wanted out to SMU but wasn't given his release last year). The AD or president (not sure which one), has had it out for Leach for a few years now and was looking for any excuse to get rid of him, also saving 800,000 in bonus money in the process. This will cost Tech a lot in the end.

Colonel Flagg
Dec 31st, 2009, 02:27 AM
That $800K bonus money will look like chump change when all the legal stuff is over and done with. The Tech AD is a fool for not waiting until after the Alamo Bowl.

Pentegarn
Dec 31st, 2009, 09:48 AM
Harbaugh won't go to Tech. He's primed to take over a top flight program and Tech will ALWAYS play second fiddle to Texas while battling with A&M, Baylor, and TCU for that position.

Tech was shit before Leach and will now slide back into mediocrity. There is more to the story than just the James incident (who reportedly wanted out to SMU but wasn't given his release last year). The AD or president (not sure which one), has had it out for Leach for a few years now and was looking for any excuse to get rid of him, also saving 800,000 in bonus money in the process. This will cost Tech a lot in the end.

While I agree (and furthermore have heard he wants to stay at Stanford, presumably to keep fucking with Pete Carroll) If they throw enough money at him (which I doubt they will) they could make him cave. But since they won't they basically fucked themselves because whoever they get will be a downgrade.

Pentegarn
Dec 31st, 2009, 09:54 AM
Oh as an aside to Harbaugh, (who is fast becoming my favorite asshole coach) anyone remember when he "What's your deal?"d Pete Carroll last time they played and Harbaugh ran up the score? (he went for 2 when he was up by a ton, Carroll did not like that)

Carroll(during the post game handshake): "What's your deal? What's your deal?"

Harbaugh: "What's your deal?"

Then he calmly walked away.

I found it hilarious because it was done to USC

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/128358-harbaugh-ticks-off-carroll?eref=sihp

WhiteRat
Dec 31st, 2009, 11:09 AM
While I agree (and furthermore have heard he wants to stay at Stanford, presumably to keep fucking with Pete Carroll) If they throw enough money at him (which I doubt they will) they could make him cave. But since they won't they basically fucked themselves because whoever they get will be a downgrade.

Tech will not throw a large sack of cash to get Harbaugh and if they did it would likely have to exceed the 2mil a year that June Jones gets at SMU. Like I said, it is a second tier job and Harbaugh is destined for a helmet school and he knows this. Also, do you think administration that didn't want to re-sign a coach who had just finished an 11-1 season will go out and get a noise maker like Harbaugh? Hell no. This is a clear sign that they do not support the football program and will likely promote from within or go sign some bitch of a yes man that won't ruffle the feathers of the AD.

Colonel Flagg
Dec 31st, 2009, 09:38 PM
BTW your Whiteness, the Insight Bowl - what the Hell was that?

Pentegarn
Jan 1st, 2010, 08:34 PM
Dear ESPN, AP, and all the Buckeye haters,

Tell me how our ass tastes!

Regards,

Buckeye Nation

Babs
Jan 1st, 2010, 09:00 PM
How many Big Ten bowl wins so far?

Suck it.

Kitsa
Jan 1st, 2010, 09:51 PM
I live in Ohio.

M-E-H meh.

I think it's mainly all the inflatable Brutus Buckeyes in everyone's yard and the whole THE Ohio State thing that piss me off.

Pentegarn
Jan 1st, 2010, 10:06 PM
So far, 2 big ten wins, and one of the Big 10 losses was in OT against an SEC school.

As I said, SEC gets exposed in bowl games

WhiteRat
Jan 1st, 2010, 10:47 PM
So far, 2 big ten wins, and one of the Big 10 losses was in OT against an SEC school.

As I said, SEC gets exposed in bowl games

The Big Ten has 3 wins: Sconnie, PSU, and OSU, with losses from Minnesota and Northwestern.

WhiteRat
Jan 1st, 2010, 10:49 PM
BTW your Whiteness, the Insight Bowl - what the Hell was that?

Same ol', same ol'.

Drove from their own 1 yard line down to the Iowa State 35 or so with a few mins left and our blue chip backup QB (no sarcasm, dude was ranked behind Pryor in HS) fumbles without getting hit. Bye bye game.

Pentegarn
Jan 1st, 2010, 11:25 PM
Still they held in it. So all in all the Big 10 made a great showing

Also, I forgot about the Wisconsin win

Pentegarn
Jan 1st, 2010, 11:30 PM
Just saw the Florida score. Way to beat an already mentally and emotionally beat down team Florida.

Pentegarn
Jan 4th, 2010, 10:34 PM
The Fiesta Bowl (or as I call it, the REAL national championship) is on right now and it is a close one.

WhiteRat
Jan 5th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Anyone who claims that Boise State deserves a part of the National Championship is out of their mind. 98th ranked schedule.

Pentegarn
Jan 5th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Thing is, how can we ever know that they couldn't beat either Bama of Texas? The BCS keeps them out and never gives them a shot. So I say they are the champs because that isn't any less ridiculous than the way college football determines its champion. Heck, I think it was rather transparent of the BCS to pit them against TCU because of exactly what you just said. Now everyone will say, 'look at their schedule' or 'look who they played in their bowl', and then the BCS fraud stays protected (because the last thing they want is another Boise State beats Oklahoma or Utah beats Alabama). Well I say look at the SEC's schedule. Who do they play outside the SEC? How then do we know the SEC is as great as ESPN claims? Seems to me if they were the best conference top to bottom they would have won every bowl game with no trouble. LSU would have beaten Penn State, Auburn wouldn't have had to take Northwestern to OT to get that win, Arkansas would have blown out East Carolina instead of squeaking by like they did, UConn wouldn't have destroyed South Carolina, Va Tech wouldn't have destroyed Tennessee, and Clemson wouldn't have beaten Kentucky. Considering this conference gets an automatic BCS bid every year despite the fact that this happens every year at bowl time tells me that saying Boise State deserves a share of the championship isn't any less ridiculous than the BCS championship itself is.

Colonel Flagg
Jan 5th, 2010, 03:21 PM
I agree with Pentegarn, in principle. Boise State beat TCU, but we don't really know how good TCU was, do we? WhiteRat has a point (strength of schedule) but how will we ever find out if they don't allow these teams to play an "acknowledged" power?

Personally, I would have liked to see Texas/TCU in a "Battle of Texas" bowl. Imagine the interest (including TV ratings) that would have garnered. Unfortunately, Texas beat Nebraska, and this became a moot point.

WhiteRat
Jan 5th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Thing is, how can we ever know that they couldn't beat either Bama of Texas? The BCS keeps them out and never gives them a shot. So I say they are the champs because that isn't any less ridiculous than the way college football determines its champion. Heck, I think it was rather transparent of the BCS to pit them against TCU because of exactly what you just said. Now everyone will say, 'look at their schedule' or 'look who they played in their bowl', and then the BCS fraud stays protected (because the last thing they want is another Boise State beats Oklahoma or Utah beats Alabama). Well I say look at the SEC's schedule. Who do they play outside the SEC? How then do we know the SEC is as great as ESPN claims? Seems to me if they were the best conference top to bottom they would have won every bowl game with no trouble. LSU would have beaten Penn State, Auburn wouldn't have had to take Northwestern to OT to get that win, Arkansas would have blown out East Carolina instead of squeaking by like they did, UConn wouldn't have destroyed South Carolina, Va Tech wouldn't have destroyed Tennessee, and Clemson wouldn't have beaten Kentucky. Considering this conference gets an automatic BCS bid every year despite the fact that this happens every year at bowl time tells me that saying Boise State deserves a share of the championship isn't any less ridiculous than the BCS championship itself is.

Let's look at BSU's schedule. Who did they play in the WAC? The WAC!

If you are just going to assume that Boise deserves a national title because "we just don't know" then i'm going to assume that if they played in the Pac-10 they'd have at least 2 losses. Using my logic they aren't even in a BCS bowl.

There isn't a single team in the WAC outside of BSU that is nationally relevant. You might be able to make a tiny case for Nevada and their insane offense but even they got smoked by a mediocre Notre Dame team this season. They need to change conferences very soon or go out of their way to schedule more BCS teams. Sure they beat Oklahoma few years ago but then the media will counter with an undefeated WAC team in Hawaii getting shit stomped by Georgia.

No matter how upset you are at the BCS you cannot ignore BSU's conference schedule. The Oregon win was nice but really, what else do they have?

Pentegarn
Jan 5th, 2010, 04:19 PM
About as much as any SEC team

And by the way, you can't put this on Boise State, they can't even get a single BCS team to accept their challenge, this article will reveal further:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/284222-boise-state-attacked-for-soft-schedule-but-no-bcs-teams-will-play-them

Boise State has gone out of their way to get some strength of schedule, even going as far as to say they will play anyone on the road if they have to. So now Boise State deserves punishment because every BCS team is scared to schedule them for a game where Boise State would have to travel?

This is why the BCS is a fraud. Make a freaking tournament and let it get decided on the field rather than making the championship a goddamned popularity contest where only the big money universities get invited and I will never again say some other game is deciding the real national champion.

We as fans deserve better than what the BCS gives us.

WhiteRat
Jan 5th, 2010, 04:21 PM
I agree with Pentegarn, in principle. Boise State beat TCU, but we don't really know how good TCU was, do we? WhiteRat has a point (strength of schedule) but how will we ever find out if they don't allow these teams to play an "acknowledged" power?

Yes, we need a playoff, the fans want it and the media wants it and the BCS money grubbers know this but won't give in. But the fact is in the system we do have now the winner of the national championship game is the National Champion. Key phrase here is "in the system we have NOW."

Saying that X team is the rightful champion because you don't agree with the way it's set up is ridiculous and reeks of sour grapes.

Again, I would LOVE a playoff but to me there are certain factors that you absolutely can't ignore ie the WAC blows big weiners.

Pentegarn
Jan 5th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Saying that X team is the rightful champion because you don't agree with the way it's set up is ridiculous and reeks of sour grapes.

That may be but sour grapes is what I feel as a fan, and thus I refuse to give credence to this fraud of a system. Had we had a tournament before, OSU would likely never have made it to the championship against Florida for example. As a result we got a severe mismatch and nobody enjoys that.

WhiteRat
Jan 5th, 2010, 05:00 PM
That may be but sour grapes is what I feel as a fan, and thus I refuse to give credence to this fraud of a system. Had we had a tournament before, OSU would likely never have made it to the championship against Florida for example. As a result we got a severe mismatch and nobody enjoys that.

Do you think that 55 days off for OSU might have had anything to do with it?

WhiteRat
Jan 5th, 2010, 05:02 PM
About as much as any SEC team

And by the way, you can't put this on Boise State, they can't even get a single BCS team to accept their challenge, this article will reveal further:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/284222-boise-state-attacked-for-soft-schedule-but-no-bcs-teams-will-play-them

Boise State has gone out of their way to get some strength of schedule, even going as far as to say they will play anyone on the road if they have to. So now Boise State deserves punishment because every BCS team is scared to schedule them for a game where Boise State would have to travel?

This is why the BCS is a fraud. Make a freaking tournament and let it get decided on the field rather than making the championship a goddamned popularity contest where only the big money universities get invited and I will never again say some other game is deciding the real national champion.

We as fans deserve better than what the BCS gives us.

I don't buy that no one will play them even if they travel. Back in 05 Boise was ranked and played Georgia on the road and got stomped something 38-19 so it's not like USC is losing to them at home and now everyone is suddenly afraid to play them. Also, it's not like they blew OK out of the water, they had to use two trick plays to beat them.

Pentegarn
Jan 5th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Do you think that 55 days off for OSU might have had anything to do with it?

That can account for some of it, but not 30+ points worth, plus that argues for a +2 format because it would force the post season to start 1-2 weeks earlier

I don't buy that no one will play them even if they travel. Back in 05 Boise was ranked and played Georgia on the road and got stomped something 38-19 so it's not like USC is losing to them at home and now everyone is suddenly afraid to play them. Also, it's not like they blew OK out of the water, they had to use two trick plays to beat them.

Which is evidence that the BCS and media are inconsistent. If it is OK for the SEC to barely stumble by against the likes of Northwestern and East Carolina and it not mean a thing to their reputation, then Boise State's win against (what should have been) a superior Sooners team should be weighed just as heavily. But it is not, because the SEC is the glamor league in ESPN's eyes, while Boise State is merely an interesting side show, even though they do pretty much everything they are supposed to.

These sorts of inconsistencies almost never happen in college basketball

Colonel Flagg
Jan 5th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Gentlemen!

The simple fact is this arguing is pointless without A PLAYOFF SYSTEM. It would fit within the current bowl system, and would not extend the collegiate season by more than a week or two. This will take an act of Congress. Literally.

Just so that we're all on the same page here. :)

Pentegarn
Jan 5th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Who's arguing. I thought this was 'exuberant debating' :P

Besides all my fancy posturing and arguing can be summarized with this statement:

"The BCS is so ridiculous that I am now making up my own equally ridiculous and arbitrary system of naming a collegiate football champ because they are both equally pointless"

Pentegarn
Jan 5th, 2010, 11:45 PM
With Iowa's win, the big 10 is 4-3 with 2 BCS wins!

Yet the media will still say the Big 10 can't keep up with the Pac 10 and SEC. >:

Pentegarn
Jan 6th, 2010, 12:47 PM
I missed this, I must have been typing during Kirk Ferentz's post game thank yous. In the traditional post game praise the opponent part of his speech, Kirk Ferentz praised Wake Forest for being such a quality opponent :lol

Kitsa
Jan 8th, 2010, 08:54 AM
I'm still trying to figure out the Flea-Josh Groban-Mariachi thing.

Pentegarn
Jan 8th, 2010, 10:39 AM
I'm still trying to figure out the Flea-Josh Groban-Mariachi thing.

Lena was sitting next to me and said, "Josh Groban and Flea?!"

I said, "just be glad he has clothes on while preforming America the Beautiful."

On to my thoughts about this game.

Once again, the overrated SEC gets a gift. This time in the form of a disastrous McCoy injury and no less than 3 botched pass interference calls (2 no calls that were clearly Bama defensive PI and one PI on Texas that wasn't PI at all) After that third botch, I got fed up and watched Planet Earth's Caves episode on Blue Ray instead.

Fuck the BCS and everyone involved in it.

Kitsa
Jan 9th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Now that he's older...if you squint, Flea sort of looks like Sting.

Babs
Jan 9th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Let's look at BSU's schedule. Who did they play in the WAC? The WAC!

If you are just going to assume that Boise deserves a national title because "we just don't know" then i'm going to assume that if they played in the Pac-10 they'd have at least 2 losses. Using my logic they aren't even in a BCS bowl.

There isn't a single team in the WAC outside of BSU that is nationally relevant. You might be able to make a tiny case for Nevada and their insane offense but even they got smoked by a mediocre Notre Dame team this season. They need to change conferences very soon or go out of their way to schedule more BCS teams. Sure they beat Oklahoma few years ago but then the media will counter with an undefeated WAC team in Hawaii getting shit stomped by Georgia.

No matter how upset you are at the BCS you cannot ignore BSU's conference schedule. The Oregon win was nice but really, what else do they have?

What about the Utah Utes who went undefeated in the 2008 season and BEAT Alabama to top of their perfect season. TCU demolished Utah this year and lost to Boise (also note that Utah won their bowl game this year as well). Boise is one hell of a fucking team, only losing 4 games with Chris Peterson as their head coach.

Colonel Flagg
Jan 9th, 2010, 01:39 PM
I can sum up my opinion in three words:

SCREW THE BCS!