PDA

View Full Version : '09/'10 NHL Season

Colonel Flagg
Sep 17th, 2009, 09:57 PM
It's TIME!!!!

Flyer, Blue Jacket, Sabre, Red Wing, Wild, Penguin, Blackhawk, Avalanche and Ranger fans unite as one, in the pursuit of Lord Stanley's Cup.

For the last time.

Bring it on.

(Apologies if I missed your favorite team.)

stevetothepast
Sep 18th, 2009, 09:20 AM
well bud you missed, the canucks, les canadien, and the (hopefully) triumphant return of Fluery with the Flames.

10,000 Volt Ghost
Sep 18th, 2009, 09:35 AM
I can't wait. I'm trying to go to a game next wednesday against the Maple Leafs.(Looking at you Major Scales)

Colonel Flagg
Sep 18th, 2009, 10:43 AM
well bud you missed, the canucks, les canadien, and the (hopefully) triumphant return of Fluery with the Flames.

I probably missed a great deal more, as I forgot about the Oilers and the Bruins who I believe both have a significant fanbase here at the i-Mock sports forum.

Go Flyers.

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/1/22/thumbs/otfdygw11k2tlka0yvxk82xux.gif

EDIT: Major Scales!! (or do you prefer FM?) - I totally forgot the Leafs. And here we just dropped a goose egg against you in the second preseason game.

stevetothepast
Sep 18th, 2009, 10:56 AM
man oh man lots of fighting in the pre-season so far.

Colonel Flagg
Sep 18th, 2009, 01:05 PM
And the games don't mean anything yet. Imagine when the regular season starts ....

RaNkeri
Sep 20th, 2009, 04:27 PM
I'm excited to see how Koivu will perform in Ducks with Selänne

Kitsa
Sep 25th, 2009, 10:23 AM
We don't even get to see any preseason on TV here. Hell if I'm getting NHL Network on top of our already enormous and ridiculous cable bill.

It'll be interesting to see how Leclaire does with the Sens now. I was really impressed with Mason last season and I hope he continues to kick ass. Leclaire has lost all semblance of his adopted American accent now that he's back in Canada. 'E 'as a shance to forget 'is Hanglish now:

96JNRNjXMRg

I missed the phenomenon I called "Question time with the fucknuts in the lobby", which is when Blue Jackets fans would go up to Jim Day with what were sometimes good and sometimes extremely stupid questions about hockey in general. I love the deer-in-the-headlights look as a drunken fan tries to come up with something intelligent on TV. So it'll be fun to see that again.

I saw a baby shirt that said, "I'm told I like hockey", and I will definitely be getting one of those for my kid when she arrives.

Colonel Flagg
Sep 25th, 2009, 12:23 PM
I missed the phenomenon I called "Question time with the fucknuts in the lobby", which is when Blue Jackets fans would go up to Jim Day with what were sometimes good and sometimes extremely stupid questions about hockey in general. I love the deer-in-the-headlights look as a drunken fan tries to come up with something intelligent on TV. So it'll be fun to see that again.

Heh.

Back in the days of Eric Lindros, the local Sports Talk Radio hosted a similar program (infrequently) informally known as "Hockeyz in da 'Hood". Turns out the "Legion of Doom" line (Lindros, Mikael Renberg and John LeClair) brought out a whole new cadre of hockey fans who weren't exactly familiar with the game. I loved to listen to them answer the simplest of questions like "What is a two-line pass?" and "Can you give me an example of 'offsides'?" Some of the responses were truly sitcom laugh-track worthy.

Damn, but I miss those days. :(

Kitsa
Sep 25th, 2009, 12:58 PM
My favorite was, "What is a hat trick, and why is it good?"

10,000 Volt Ghost
Sep 25th, 2009, 03:27 PM
My roommate and I are trying to go to the Sabres game in Philly in October.

stevetothepast
Sep 28th, 2009, 06:34 PM
I can't wait for the season to start, of course, I have been able to catch the sports highlights every morning.

stevetothepast
Sep 29th, 2009, 01:05 PM

I guess Fluery retired after the flames wouldn't sign him.

Colonel Flagg
Oct 4th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Emery looks like a pretty good signing by the Flyers, at least until he self-destructs.

Good on the Jackets for re-upping Klesla for another 4 seasons. He had the game-winner on Saturday, too.

Kitsa
Oct 14th, 2009, 08:19 PM
dammit, it's all pre-empted for football here.

Except there was some Lake Erie Monsters game the other day in the wee hours of the morning.

Colonel Flagg
Oct 18th, 2009, 10:52 AM
And after that fast start, the Flyboys land with a thud. Two 3rd-period losses in a row. :grumble

EDIT: Yes, I count Anaheim. They blew a two goal lead before losing the shootout. >:

10,000 Volt Ghost
Oct 24th, 2009, 10:19 AM
http://www.kingstonfrontenacs.com/sites/default/files/bench.jpg

I don't know how I missed hearing about Don Cherry night.

Colonel Flagg
Oct 24th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Those sweaters are being auctioned off. Get 'em while you can!

http://www.kingstonfrontenacs.com/DonCherryMilitaryNight

10,000 Volt Ghost
Oct 25th, 2009, 01:54 AM
:lol at the price for those......$510

If I buy one of those I'm going to use a gold bar as payment.

Colonel Flagg
Oct 25th, 2009, 08:37 PM
They're one-or-a-kind, man. And the fashion police are glad of it! :eek:eek:eek:eek

Kitsa
Oct 31st, 2009, 01:10 PM
I was really, really hoping that the Blue Jackets would pull off a win over the Penguins last night. It looked good for a while, between Nash and Vermette. Steve Mason impresses the hell out of me.

The OT felt like it went on forever and then the shootout was like...aw, dammit. :(

It was fun to see the puckbunnies dressed extra-slutty for Halloween, though.

Colonel Flagg
Oct 31st, 2009, 09:20 PM
Puckbunnies. :lol

Kitsa
Nov 3rd, 2009, 06:08 PM
I'm fairly sure that with the exception of the really young guys, most of the Blue Jackets are married.

I guess if you're of a certain mindset, though, you don't care about the marital status of the guy you're trying to ensnare, as long as he's a professional hockey player.

You can always pick them out, too. Other people are too sane to hang their boobies out in that sort of cold.

Kitsa
Nov 12th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Well, that was an unpleasant and embarrassing slaughter last night. 9-1, jeez :(

Pentegarn
Nov 14th, 2009, 09:39 AM
So Kitsa, how bout all this talk that C-bus might be losing the Jackets because their business model is failing?

Kitsa
Nov 14th, 2009, 11:16 AM
I heard that they're hemorrhaging money at an alarming rate. I don't know what they've got planned :( Isn't it something like $12M/year or something like that?

It's kind of a shame because they've got a lot of good things going for them, they're a family-friendly team with great programs. I think they're under-marketed and certainly under-merchandised. I never quite figured out why farm team status was taken from the Dayton Bombers, but the Bombers are sitting out the season themselves.

I think they should thank their lucky stars they have Nash, for one. And Mason, the Detroit fluke aside, is doing great. I felt bad that Torres took a puck to the face...haven't heard how that turned up, did he break anything?

In unrelated news, my christmas-display net keeps falling apart. I think I'm going to lean Pazzy against the house.

edit: OUCH. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NHL&id=1190&line=95078&spln=1

Pentegarn
Nov 14th, 2009, 01:19 PM
2 things

1) Torres, it sounds like, is in for some massive maxillofacial reconstructive surgery.

2) Wait a tic, there's fantasy hockey now?

Kitsa
Nov 19th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Screencap of an email I got today...sounds a bit ominous :(

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn199/kitsa_for_imockery/bluejacketsemail.jpg

Kitsa
Nov 27th, 2009, 06:28 PM
So I was all excited about seeing the Jackets-Sens game last night because I wanted to see the big meetup- old goalie vs. new.

Yeah, except Pazzy took a puck to the jaw while on the bench (for another injury) and is out for another month.

http://boards.ign.com/hockey/b5111/187126364/p1/

He ended his Blue Jackets career on an injury, and has been injured at least twice since. Doh.

Tadao
Dec 10th, 2009, 03:31 PM
T7P-ogk5pQw

Pentegarn
Dec 11th, 2009, 01:56 AM
Fans fighting is more win than fail :P

Kitsa
Dec 22nd, 2009, 10:39 PM
What on earth is going on with the Blue Jackets? :( Why pull Mason if Garon is going to suck just as bad?

Nice touch with the closeup on the blood-scraper guys after last night's Phoenix game, btw.

Pentegarn
Dec 22nd, 2009, 11:39 PM
Ew, I missed that.

See C-Bus, this is why we need to keep hockey in our fair city.

Blood scrapers

Kitsa
Dec 22nd, 2009, 11:50 PM
cPPbuXL2vqs

around 1:54, if you want to skip the fight and go right to them.

There was an embarassing goal right beforehand that bounced off Methot's calf and right into the net.

Pentegarn
Dec 23rd, 2009, 12:09 AM
Geeze Boll kicked his ass hard. He even landed less punches doing it.

By the way I used to have a tool like the blood scrapers used, but it got lost in the move.

I miss that tool

10,000 Volt Ghost
Dec 23rd, 2009, 02:30 AM
T7P-ogk5pQw

Fucking wish they had dollar drink night here. The end of the interview was cut off where he actually tells the fans that the stick was for the girl and that they should just give it to her.

Kitsa
Dec 23rd, 2009, 08:53 AM
I was surprised that Boll did that much damage, too, especially against a guy that big. But it's nice to see Boll jumping back into shitstarter duty...he'd been kind of mild there for a while.

I see those scraper tools at the mall every once in a while, people scraping gum and stuff off the floor. I can see where they'd be pretty handy.

Colonel Flagg
Dec 23rd, 2009, 09:01 AM
Flyers have been wall-to-wall suck lately. :(

Kitsa
Dec 23rd, 2009, 07:54 PM
They're playing the winter classic, though, right? I saw whatshisface curly hair going on about it at length on the Price is Right...they're playing the Bruins.

10,000 Volt Ghost
Dec 24th, 2009, 02:04 PM
They're playing the winter classic, though, right? I saw whatshisface curly hair going on about it at length on the Price is Right...they're playing the Bruins.

Drew Carey?

Can't wait for new years day hockey. :)

Colonel Flagg
Dec 24th, 2009, 05:56 PM

Yep. Should be a real classic all right. :(

Kitsa
Dec 26th, 2009, 07:03 PM
No, some guy from Philly with long curly hair, name eludes me at the moment.

Kitsa
Dec 27th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Also...I like Steve Mason okay, but I am not liking his tantrums too much.

(see around 9:20...or whenever it is the shootout finally ends...for example)

q5uissryTy0

Kitsa
Dec 29th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Holy shit, Blue Jackets finally won one. And against the Redwings. :love

Fucking DVR cut off with 22 seconds left in the 3rd, 0-0, so I had to go looking to figure out what happened in OT.

10,000 Volt Ghost
Dec 29th, 2009, 05:58 PM
:lol That's horrible(The DVR part) What did you throw at the tv?

Kitsa
Dec 29th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Guess it's my own fault for not telling it to record 1/2 hour over...usually I do but I forgot.

Haven't thrown anything at the TV since the night the Redwings won the cup (a roll of toilet paper that was handy).

WhiteRat
Dec 30th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Just two months ago I was ready to give up on the Wild after the atrocious 3-9 start but now they are clawing their way to a playoff spot.

Also, fuck Marion Gaborik. Who does he think he is leaving town and managing to play injury free hockey?

Colonel Flagg
Dec 31st, 2009, 08:17 AM
Same with the Flyboys - they're on a 4 game win streak heading into the "winter classic" at Fenway. It could be a good game, the way they're playing right now.

Beat the Rangers last night 6-zip. Ouch.

Kitsa
Dec 31st, 2009, 09:32 PM
Must remember to record winter classic tomorrow. Must....remember. Must remember.

Where is it? Vs? I can't remember last year, I thought some network had it but that seems quite unlikely with all the bowl games.

Colonel Flagg
Dec 31st, 2009, 09:47 PM
I don't think I get coverage with Comcast in my area. Surprisingly. Which is a shame. :(

Kitsa
Dec 31st, 2009, 09:51 PM
The nationally televised Jackets-Redwings game showed up on Versus, so it was just a guess.

10,000 Volt Ghost
Jan 1st, 2010, 11:55 AM
I don't think I get coverage with Comcast in my area. Surprisingly. Which is a shame. :(

I think NBC is going to televise it too. You should be able to watch it.

GOOOOO FLYEERRRRRRRSSSSSSSS!!!!

edit: confirmed it is on NBC

Geggy
Jan 2nd, 2010, 12:13 AM
I watched the winter classic on TV. That was surreal. And awesome.

Boston college and boston university will face off at the same rink on january 8th, as well as a match up between two women college hockey teams prior to the men's game.

10,000 Volt Ghost
Jan 2nd, 2010, 09:13 AM
It was pretty good. I wish it snowed during the game though. I'd like to see some West coast teams, maybe the Canucks involved in this next year too.

Kitsa
Jan 2nd, 2010, 03:09 PM
I like how they announced the olympic team. The kids were cute, especially the ones who missed their cue to turn around.

As a goalie, I like TIMMAY a lot.

One thing that confused me was the fighting...I thought that was generally frowned upon in all star/winter classic games, or at least to the degree I saw...thought it was supposed to be happy family-friendly fun time.

10,000 Volt Ghost
Jan 2nd, 2010, 04:35 PM
all star games its frowned upon because no one wants to get injured. Winter Classic is straight hockey the way it should be.

They should eliminate the all star game actually. The only thing that is fun about it is the skillz comps.

Kitsa
Jan 2nd, 2010, 08:27 PM
I think the last couple of years I paid very little attention to the game, I mainly liked the skills competition. Ovechkin does a lot of showboating, but it's still fun to watch.

I don't remember how the olympics affected things last time around. Is there still an all-star break or do they skip it on olympic years?

Colonel Flagg
Jan 2nd, 2010, 08:48 PM
Good game. :(

10,000 Volt Ghost
Jan 3rd, 2010, 05:35 AM
I think they skip it for the olympics

Kitsa
Jan 3rd, 2010, 06:22 AM
Was it last year that the one American player was staring at the French-Canadian reporter's chest (she was wearing an All-Star logo sweatshirt in French) for an uncomfortable amount of time on-air, then said, "Make your shirt speak English"?

Because that was funny.

Kitsa
Feb 7th, 2010, 10:06 PM
I leave momentarily to have a kid and NO ONE addresses Hitch getting fired?

:hypno

Colonel Flagg
Feb 8th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Without you posting in Hockey, no one else seems to give a flying eff. :(

The Flyers are skating to a first round playoff exit ... maybe ... if they play well enough to finish in the money. Plus, they just lost to EDMONTON for crying out loud. >: I need to pay attention to this?

EDIT: I'm actually getting more enjoyment out of basketball, lately. And that's scraping the bottom of the proverbial barrel.

Pentegarn
Feb 8th, 2010, 09:36 AM
I leave momentarily to have a kid and NO ONE addresses Hitch getting fired?

:hypno

She's right, I should have posted on this.

Here's the thing, I don't know which was worse, that I didn't know until 2 days later he was fired, or that I didn't know he lost most of his December games

EDIT: you are right to be frustrated Colonel, the Flyers are not playing to the potential their talent has.

Colonel Flagg
Feb 9th, 2010, 01:55 PM
What talent? Where? I want their names! >:

Seriously, with Brière and Gagné, Richards and Carter, Timmonen, Pronger, Emery and a legitimate Rookie of the Year contender in van Riemsdyk, seriously, WTF? They're still mired in the second division! Jeez!

On the plus side, they beat the Devils last night - for what seems like the first time in forever. :(

They've got to come around before the end of the season. Right? :\

10,000 Volt Ghost
Feb 9th, 2010, 06:00 PM
I meant to post this a while back when I had to watch the Sabres play on VS but I hate the VS announcers with a passion. Instead of calling it a shot on net they call it a drive or something ridiculous. All they care about are stats and star players. They're also useless at life. I'm pretty sure that no one loves them.....not even their moms. I can't even type the level of frustration I feel at those fools. Fresh garbage could put them out of a job for good. I'm heading home right now to continue this......

GO SABRES

Colonel Flagg
Feb 11th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Kind of a non-sequitur, but my 7-year old daughter is loving the 36+ inches of white stuff we have currently on the ground. She found my son's hockey stick, and wants to play. Now. I told her that there was no way I had the energy to play right now, seeing as I'm in pretty much complete pain after all the shoveling I did over the past 36 hours.

Your bets please - who do you think won this one?

Kitsa
Feb 16th, 2010, 02:18 PM
I think she has a good future in womens hockey.

In other news, the other day (can't remember which game) I actually heard them use the phrase "poke check" somewhere outside of NHL10.

Pentegarn- it's ok, at first I just thought that Claude Noel was getting an unusual amount of airtime for an assistant coach.

10,000 Volt Ghost
Feb 16th, 2010, 05:39 PM
http://www.wgrz.com/genthumb/genthumb.ashx?e=3&h=240&w=320&i=/imagepool/images/100131060809_wgrzmillermask2.jpg

I love Miller's helmet for team USA. With the Big Diesal Uncle Sam.

Kitsa
Mar 10th, 2010, 09:02 PM
The ongoing saga with the Blue Jackets...

Good afternoon. Many of you have asked us to keep you posted as news develops regarding the Blue Jackets and the financial challenges the club currently faces involving the operation of Nationwide Arena. While there is not a great deal new we can share at this time, we would like to bring to your attention a recent article that captures the essence of the situation very clearly.

The story linked below offers a synopsis of what has transpired here in Columbus, looks at the landscape involving arenas throughout the NHL and shows why the issue involves much more than just the hockey team and arena.

Thank very much for your continued support of the Blue Jackets, Nationwide Arena and the Arena District.
http://thehockeywriters.com/the-arena-chronicles-part-iv-columbus-unique-in-arena-structure/ (http://smr.mm.ticketmaster.com/track?type=click&enid=bWFpbGluZ2lkPTQ2Njg2NCZtZXNzYWdlaWQ9NTE2NzY0J mRhdGFiYXNlaWQ9REFUQUJBU0VJRCZzZXJpYWw9MTIzMTkwMjk 4NiZlbWFpbGlkPWFtb3JldHRlLmtpdHNhQGdtYWlsLmNvbSZ1c 2VyaWQ9MTExODg5OTg4NyZleHRyYT0mJiZodHRwOi8vdGhlaG9 ja2V5d3JpdGVycy5jb20vdGhlLWFyZW5hLWNocm9uaWNsZXMtc GFydC1pdi1jb2x1bWJ1cy11bmlxdWUtaW4tYXJlbmEtc3RydWN 0dXJlLw==)
Carry the Flag!

10,000 Volt Ghost
Apr 5th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Playoff time.

Colonel Flagg
Apr 5th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Here's to the "one and done" I'm hoping for. :(

Colonel Flagg
Apr 11th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Flyers manage to push one past Lundqvist in the 3rd to force the shootout, then Boucher stonewalls Jokinen FTW!!

And the 7 seed - meaning they play Jersey.

Oh well, at least they made the playoffs. :(

10,000 Volt Ghost
Apr 15th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Glad the flyers beat the devils and the sabres beat the bruins. Only game 1 though.

Kitsa
Apr 18th, 2010, 07:46 AM
So yesterday there was an "official" NHL bus parked in the parking lot of a discount motel in our dinky little town.

Once I got over the little thrill of seeing it, I was mainly trying to figure out what the fuck. It said, "Wolves" on the side. I know of the Chicago Wolves, but they're AHL and Chelios plays for them now and fuck that.

Our little town has a modest ice rink and a goodly-sized high school hockey team. I know they regularly play people from fairly far away...I just watched a televised game against some high school from Quebec a month ago. But somehow I don't see NHL scouts coming on a bus to see it. I looked up the ice rink's schedule and there's some conference going on there right now, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with hockey. And I looked up the Wolves' schedule and they're playing in Milwaukee or Milwaukee is playing them at home or something. So it remains, what the fuck.

Of course, it would have been a little weird seeing Chris Chelios at the walmart or something. (Walmart's across the street from the shitty little motel). Probably by the fucking lobster tank omg inside joke from oldentimes in Chicago.

Colonel Flagg
Apr 21st, 2010, 05:46 AM
Flyers have pushed the Devils to the brink. How'd that happen?

And who is Dan Carcillo? :confused

Pentegarn
Apr 21st, 2010, 06:02 AM
Flyers have pushed the Devils to the brink. How'd that happen?

And who is Dan Carcillo? :confused

you are right to be frustrated Colonel, the Flyers are not playing to the potential their talent has.

In other words, "told ya so" :lol

Colonel Flagg
Apr 21st, 2010, 09:54 AM
Actually, I was expecting something along the lines of "Dan Carcillo = John Galt".

Pentegarn
Apr 21st, 2010, 06:30 PM
I am always happy to see an Atlas Shrugged reference

Colonel Flagg
Apr 22nd, 2010, 11:17 PM
They made a liar out of me.

Or should that be "flyer"? ;)

LET'S GO FLYERS!

{bum. bum. bababum.}

Kitsa
Apr 23rd, 2010, 08:15 AM
I'll be damned, Leclaire's still got it. I didn't even bother watching the game because I didn't think they'd play him- saw the second overtime on SportsCenter. Well done against Malkin and Crosby. I still don't forgive you for leaving Columbus, but that was some decent goaltending.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10113/1052718-150.stm

10,000 Volt Ghost
Apr 27th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Once again I find myself rooting for the Flyers post season.

:lol or the Coyotes

Colonel Flagg
Apr 27th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Welcome abord the bandwagon, Bill!

We'll be glad to have you for their next and (probably) final series. :\

10,000 Volt Ghost
Apr 27th, 2010, 04:17 PM
You never know, New Jersey got trounced which I was really glad to see. :)

Colonel Flagg
Apr 27th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Now if only the Habs can bounce Ovechkin and the stinkin' Caps life will be good. ;)

Colonel Flagg
May 7th, 2010, 08:52 PM
<Echo ... echo ... echo>

Anybody home?

Flyers-Bruins game is very exciting. Flyboys are playing with desperation (duh!) but Boston is hanging in there after 2.

Send it back to Beantown, boys. :rock

Pentegarn
May 7th, 2010, 08:54 PM
The Flyers are playing with spunk, good for them!

Colonel Flagg
May 7th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Plus there's the injury to Sobotka - will he be back in the 3rd? And how effectively?

Colonel Flagg
May 7th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Bruins just scored. Power play. Shit. >:

Colonel Flagg
May 7th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! :rock

Colonel Flagg
May 7th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Dammit! Bruins pull the goalie and score with less than 20 seconds to go!

Colonel Flagg
May 7th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Pandemonium. That was something.

Nothing like an OT win to stave off elimination. Now the 'boys go BACK to BOSTON!

Bring it on.

Pentegarn
May 8th, 2010, 05:47 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LJkHm2WtSsk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LJkHm2WtSsk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Colonel Flagg
May 8th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Ah, memories .... :broadstreetbullies

Colonel Flagg
May 10th, 2010, 09:29 PM
5 minutes left to play in the 3rd with the Flyers holding a 4-0 lead.

Goin' back to Philly! Yeah!!

Colonel Flagg
May 12th, 2010, 10:59 PM
And the Habs bounce the Pens, and the Flyers go back to Beantown for Game 7.

If the Flyboys win game 7 not only will they be the 3rd team in history to come back from 0-3, but they also will have home-ice advantage as a 7 seed. How 'bout it!

Pentegarn
May 13th, 2010, 06:17 AM
The Flyers are a good story this year though. They refuse to go down despite the down 0-3 and injuries they have had to endure.

Colonel Flagg
May 13th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Agreed. And how about those Habs? I hold no love for Montréal, but I have to respect the fact that the 8 seed beat both the President's Trophy winner and the Defending Champions in their first two series.

If the Flyers can advance, it will be a series for the ages.

Colonel Flagg
May 14th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Damn. A nailbiter. This is what Game 7 is all about! :rock

EDIT: Woo Hoo!!! :party

Bring on les Habitants!

Kitsa
May 15th, 2010, 11:32 PM
Dammit, I haven't watched a single game and that's really something for me. :(

Zhukov
May 18th, 2010, 08:57 AM
What does Power Play do? How do you get it?

Pentegarn
May 18th, 2010, 06:24 PM
If I remember my Hockey lingo, the Power Play comes when a player from the opposing team is in the penalty box, giving the team with the power play the advantage of numbers.

Zhukov
May 23rd, 2010, 09:13 AM
I thought it meant your goals count as double or something. Or maybe you are allowed to aim for the face. That's pretty rubbish if it's that; just about every other game has 'power play' too, they just don't call it that.

10,000 Volt Ghost
May 23rd, 2010, 12:44 PM
n_w4MV_LwMw

RaNkeri
May 23rd, 2010, 03:35 PM
Aam5BONTFio

Pentegarn
May 23rd, 2010, 05:51 PM
Philly being up 3-1 is no where near as interesting as when they came back from down 3

Esuohlim
May 23rd, 2010, 05:56 PM
This kid I know from Chicago hates hockey yet is bandwagoning on the Blackhawks like a motherfucker with every new facebook status

RaNkeri
May 24th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Quoting myself from Jun. 2009
07 - Ducks
08- Red Wings
09 - Penguins

I bet 10 € that Thrashers or Black hawks win in 2010 :rolleyes

History will be made :rock

Colonel Flagg
May 24th, 2010, 01:35 PM
You're halfway there, dude.

RaNkeri
May 24th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Now that I think about it, the name Flyers would also go well with the theme of recent SC winners

Kitsa
May 24th, 2010, 08:12 PM
I thought it meant your goals count as double or something. Or maybe you are allowed to aim for the face. That's pretty rubbish if it's that; just about every other game has 'power play' too, they just don't call it that.

I wish that were so, it would be way more interesting.

I was just at the Blue Jackets store and I'd like to know why, even though they never made it anywhere near the playoffs this year, they still have the gall to put $35 pricetags on t-shirts.

Pentegarn
May 24th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Never buy t-shirts at a game.

As for the Flyers, they seem to have things well in hand so far. Looks like they are going to the finals

Kitsa
May 24th, 2010, 09:14 PM
This wasn't even in Nationwide Arena. They have a store at the Tuttle Crossing mall in Dublin, I go there a few times a year. It's weirdly posh for a hockey-and-hockey-accessories store.

Actually, I wanted to get a jersey for my kid and that ended up being ridiculous, so I walked off with a(n?) "I'm a Blue Jackets Sweetheart" tshirt for $15 (actual manufacturing price about $1, I'm sure).

Colonel Flagg
May 24th, 2010, 09:42 PM
CUP FINALS BABY! WOOT! :rock

RaNkeri
May 25th, 2010, 03:39 AM
So what are your expectations? Flyers have huge momentum, but I don't think it's enough to overcome Chicago.

I'd say Hawks win 4-1 or 4-2.

However seeing what Flyers did to Boston, I wouldn't be too surprised if they'd be able to win the series.

Either way, the cup is coming to Finland

10,000 Volt Ghost
May 25th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Rooting for the blackhawks vs flyers. Hoping for the blackhawks to win though

.....fucking hate the thrashers.

Kitsa
May 25th, 2010, 03:32 PM
I never mustered an opinion about the thrashers.

I'd pick blackhawks over flyers.

Colonel Flagg
May 25th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Unfortunately, If I was a realist, I'd probably agree with you all.

But I'm not >: Flyers in 6

Pentegarn
May 25th, 2010, 08:32 PM
I gotta go with the Colonel on this one.

We doubted the Flyers before and then they did something done only 3(?) other times in hockey history

But I was on the Flyers have some talent train for months :lol

Colonel Flagg
May 25th, 2010, 09:42 PM
On paper the Hawks are a better team.

However, on paper, Washington and Pittsburgh should have pounced all over the Habs, and the Flyers should have been bounced by the Devils.

Funny game, hockey, eh?

Kitsa
May 26th, 2010, 10:08 PM
I think hockey took up three whole pages in Sports Illustrated this week. Four if you count the blurb in the table of contents.

Lookin' good.

Colonel Flagg
May 27th, 2010, 09:27 AM
dbl pst

Colonel Flagg
May 27th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Usually it's only takes up a few paragraphs on a page with soccer, water polo and women's fencing. :(

10,000 Volt Ghost
Jun 4th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Nice job for the Flyers OT victory the other day.

My roommate rushed home to watch the end of the game. It was tied 3-3 with a minute left. I was like ".....I'm gonna play Super Smash Brothers, there's only like 1 minute left in the game. Its basically over anyway."

Boy was he mad.

Colonel Flagg
Jun 4th, 2010, 02:12 PM
I'll be tuning in briefly tonight, no more than 5 minutes at a time. :superstition

Pentegarn
Jun 4th, 2010, 03:00 PM
I think I will watch the full game.

the Flyers won last time I did so

Colonel Flagg
Jun 4th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Working so far - 3-1 after one. :)

Pentegarn
Jun 4th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Their new "play aggressively in the 1st period" tactic is working too

Colonel Flagg
Jun 5th, 2010, 01:14 AM
Do they have a "Playoff" version of Rookie of the Year? Because win or lose, Ville Leino has been nothing short of outstanding.

Colonel Flagg
Jun 6th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Gotta win one in Chicago, boys. Not looking good so far ....

EDIT: Now it's win or die trying. :(

10,000 Volt Ghost
Jun 8th, 2010, 05:43 PM
I hope it goes to game 7.

Colonel Flagg
Jun 10th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Dammit. >:

10,000 Volt Ghost
Jun 10th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Sorry Flagg :(

I'm kind of glad to see Kane score the winning goal though for the BHawks.

RaNkeri
Jun 10th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Great series, but god damn the end was shitty

Pentegarn
Jun 10th, 2010, 04:22 PM
I hope Pronger took that game puck too

Colonel Flagg
Jun 10th, 2010, 04:57 PM
He looked like such a force throughout the playoffs, then melted down in Games 5 and 6. :(

Esuohlim
Jul 5th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Shit, Bob Probert just died :( He collapsed suddenly on a boat or something :(

He liked to beat the shit out of people :tear

Colonel Flagg
Jul 5th, 2010, 08:06 PM
I remember him - a goon like no other. He will be missed. :(

Kitsa
Jul 6th, 2010, 01:09 AM
He did indeed beat the almighty shit out of people :( Crappy that he's gone.