PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Twisted Wizard of Oz toys!

Mockery
Feb 18th, 2003, 10:20 AM
http://www.spawn.com/toyfest/catalog/monsters2.aspx

These look awesome! :love

Protoclown
Feb 18th, 2003, 12:51 PM
HOLY SHIT! Those are fucking great!

I HATE when I like anything McFarlane is responsible for, but his toys do kick ass. :(

Les Waste
Feb 18th, 2003, 01:56 PM
Toto is scary :(

Zbu Manowar
Feb 18th, 2003, 02:00 PM
Shit! I dig the Wizard and the Tin Woodsman. All nice and steampunkish. Lion and Scarecrow aren't that bad, Dorothy is a bit weird as anything, but Toto....well, Toto looks like the one who was added because they needed another character and wanted Glinda or the Wicked Witch of the West to be fucking wicked. Anybody know if McFarlane has the rights to do the rest of the Oz characters? Princess Ozma should be quite...unique considering what Dorothy looks like. ;)

And Proto, don't worry. Chances are McFarlane has as much to do with the character designs as I have to do with the Department of the Interior. He probably just lends his name to the company and plays in his office all day.

Protoclown
Feb 19th, 2003, 10:36 PM
NEVER MIND :(

MrAdventure
Feb 19th, 2003, 11:01 PM
With Toto they took too many damn liberties, and I'll be a Good Witch of the North if you can balance on a bicycle with that shit in the basket. >:

MCFARLANE IS A DORK, LOL. (WWHOOSSH WHOOSSH LOOK AT ME DRAW SPAWN'S CHAINS)

I SAY RETURN TO OZ IS CREEPIER THAN THIS THOUGH.

Ninjavenom
Feb 20th, 2003, 01:58 AM
Oh lord god jesus almighty, if you see it fit to help me obtain a Woodsman action figure...

FS
Feb 20th, 2003, 04:50 AM
Stop right there, Ninjavenom. I think you've already claimed about as many orphan souls as the good lord'll need. >:

Ninjavenom
Feb 20th, 2003, 02:03 PM
That won't stop me. God needs baby skulls! Everyone needs baby skulls!

...Do you have any nephews or neices running around the house?

FS
Feb 20th, 2003, 05:09 PM
Hah, you'd have to orphan them firs- get back here!

Dorothy makes me feel funny in my pants, and I'd like to own the Scarecrow :hypno

noob3
Feb 21st, 2003, 03:22 AM
When are they comming out?

Vomit
Feb 21st, 2003, 02:29 PM
WTF

Dorothy looks like she's in a bondage movie.
The scarecrow almost made me LOL.
The Lion is :/.
The Tin Woodsman is http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Feb-2003/3817-emot-krad.gif.
Toto looks like a radioactive FROG or a prop from a Marilyn Manson video.
The Wizard is pretty cool. :(

Zbu Manowar
Feb 22nd, 2003, 01:15 AM
I dig the steampunk aspect some designer put into this series. But still, the whole Toto idea was a bit lame. Why not just throw a package of some really kickass flying monkeys instead?

Jeanette X
Mar 4th, 2003, 09:41 PM
Oh my God...That is so cool! :eek :faint :love :orgasm Any one seen The Return To Oz?

Sam
Mar 4th, 2003, 10:01 PM
The munchkins that come with Dorothy are scary as fuck... I mean... come on... two little fat naked midgets... with one riding another... NOOOO!!!! :suicide

Zbu Manowar
Mar 4th, 2003, 10:02 PM
Afraid not, I was hoping Anchor Bay would rerelease it on DVD so I could pick it up....oh well, here it is if anybody wants it on tape:

Return to Oz VHS (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000JMQC/qid=1046833656/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-0592187-7502338?v=glance&s=video)

Jeanette X
Mar 5th, 2003, 12:38 AM
I have it on tape too. It was my favorite movie growing up.

I'd love to see it on DVD because there were a lot of scenes that were cut.

Cybernetico
Mar 5th, 2003, 02:58 PM
McF owns. They make the scariest toys. Dorothy looks creepy. Though the scarecrow is the coolest, the position is awesome, with the shotgun and scythe.

James
Mar 8th, 2003, 05:51 PM
I like those very much, but not as much as the Classic Monsters line that's coming out.

But the Scarecrow and Tinman fucking own.

Edit: Is anyone else reminded of Psycho Mantis (Metal Gear Solid) when looking at The Wizard?

Zbu Manowar
Mar 8th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Now that you speak of it, yeah. McF might be reusing some of their old molds to save some cash.

Zbu Manowar
May 28th, 2003, 01:26 AM
Oh, and the Collector's Club at Spawn.com are having an exclusive Oz figure: two winged monkeys and a munchkin. Check it out:

Spawn.com's Two Monkeys, a Munchkin, and a Pizza Place. (http://ecommerce.spawn.com/order/)

HyperDingo
May 28th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Tin man kicks ass!! Me wantee!!

HickMan
Jun 1st, 2003, 03:22 PM
These are for the game, American Mcgee's Oz. The game looks great. The tinman looks the coolest followed up by the wizard. I can't find any websites on the game though :(. But I know it's for pc and xbox.

Zbu Manowar
Jun 11th, 2003, 12:41 AM
I thought about getting some the American McGee Alice figures but never had the cash. :( Anybody have any pics of them?

snake
Jun 12th, 2003, 01:15 PM
American MgGees Alice was crap......cool characters, but way to much platform jumping and annoying puzzles. I hope they make this one right.....www.tothegame.com has information on all upcoming games btw.