PDA

View Full Version : Dear Simpsons

Command Prompt
Dec 7th, 2003, 08:52 PM
You have brought me many years of joy, and provided a great deal of laughter, but after viewing your most recent episode I am afraid to say that the flame is now extinguished.

You were once a hip, offbeat cartoon that provided the viewer with clever satire and sharp writing, asking in return only that one possess a certain level of intelligence to understand the jokes. Now you have resorted to toilet humour that would appeal only to 15 year olds that get high by sniffing paint. This has been going on for some time now, and while I prayed that you were in a slump, it is now apparant that the show is a cash cow with no substance left, nay, no soul.

Please, save what dignity you have left and fade into history with the knowledge and respect of what you once were, rather than continuing to offend your long time viewers with the garbage that you now are.

Esuohlim
Dec 7th, 2003, 08:55 PM
Where have you been for 5 years? >:

Command Prompt
Dec 7th, 2003, 09:07 PM
Watching one big fucking downhill burnout my friend.

Nerd
Dec 7th, 2003, 09:23 PM
I think that brought a tear to my eye.

Ninjavenom
Dec 7th, 2003, 10:02 PM
I like the new season. It contains less tasteless jokes than the previous one. And less references to Marge's vagina.

I'm not kidding, i really do like it.

Rongi
Dec 7th, 2003, 10:21 PM
Fuck you >:

Cap'n Crunch
Dec 7th, 2003, 10:23 PM
I bet Matt Groening has been dead for 6 years. :(

Emu
Dec 7th, 2003, 10:42 PM
They keep his brain on a shelf in a bunker, right between Hitler's and Disney's.

ScruU2wice
Dec 7th, 2003, 11:17 PM
I like the new season. It contains less tasteless jokes than the previous one.

just because its a little better than last years crapiness, doesn't mean its good. but i still like some of the new episodes, its just think that in general there really going downhill, and trying to cram too much into one episode... :(

Freaky Sheek
Dec 8th, 2003, 02:05 AM
this was all a lie
one huge lie (http://www.msnbc.com/news/988733.asp?cp1=1)

>:

Emu
Dec 8th, 2003, 10:15 AM
Regardless of what the news article says, the show continues to suck eggs today. :(

Freaky Sheek
Dec 8th, 2003, 12:40 PM
I know... When I read that article, I had a thought of hope, but like I said, it was one huge lie.:(

Daphne
Dec 8th, 2003, 04:02 PM
You have brought me many years of joy, and provided a great deal of laughter, but after viewing your most recent episode I am afraid to say that the flame is now extinguished.

You were once a hip, offbeat cartoon that provided the viewer with clever satire and sharp writing, asking in return only that one possess a certain level of intelligence to understand the jokes. Now you have resorted to toilet humour that would appeal only to 15 year olds that get high by sniffing paint. This has been going on for some time now, and while I prayed that you were in a slump, it is now apparant that the show is a cash cow with no substance left, nay, no soul.

Please, save what dignity you have left and fade into history with the knowledge and respect of what you once were, rather than continuing to offend your long time viewers with the garbage that you now are.

Dear C:\
THEN STOP FUCKING WATCHING AND WE MIGHT GO OFF THE AIR! >:
~The Simpsons

honestly, if you all hate the fucking show don't watch it!

I still enjoy it, I don't care if it's not as good as it was years ago, it's still funny (the one where they went to the UK was one of the funniest in years), but I don't care how much I love a show, if it sucks I dont' watch it so that they take the hint! Ratings are what keep shows alive!

Anonymous
Dec 8th, 2003, 04:32 PM
Instead of having threads to discuss how the show sucks, why not come up with ideas on how to return it to its former glory?

ScruU2wice
Dec 8th, 2003, 06:27 PM
i think the medical marijuana episode was funnier than the UK one, but they all face the same problem there either too short and seem to have a buffer time in the end (ie. singalong with sideshow bob at the end of the simpsons where someone threatens homers life) or they are too long and try to cram too much storyline into one episode (ie the episode when lisa becomes class president)

I dont hate it as much as many of you, but i believe the simpsons churns out 2 or 3 worthwile episodes per season to watch. Honestly, it's possible to have the simpsons actually be the former greatness it was.

Another thing that is annoying is when they keep poking fun at the staleness of their own show and the people who don't like them. >:

AChimp
Dec 8th, 2003, 06:40 PM
Five years ago, C:\ would have been a 15-year-old who got high sniffing paint.

Maybe The Simpsons isn't funny anymore because you are older? :(

ScruU2wice
Dec 8th, 2003, 07:14 PM
or ran out of money for paint :rolleyes :lol

Esuohlim
Dec 8th, 2003, 09:22 PM
There's actually a few small problems I have with the show now that, when added together, form the reason why I actually don't watch the show anymore (at least the new ones. I still have tapes upon tapes of old shows from the first 9 seasons).

No ones needs a shred of intelligence to get the jokes anymore. It's all stupid puns and fart jokes. A lot of the jokes are about celebrities, TV shows, and movies. It's turned into an actual sitcom, and I fucking hate sitcoms. It's just not a smart show anymore.

Remember the first 9 seasons? Everything that happened could be based on real experiences, such as Homer almost having an affair with a co-worker, Lisa helping Homer gamble on football, or Bart shoplifting right before Christmas. What are the plots now? Homer being shipped to some unknown island after making a website? Bart moving away from his parents and living in an apartment with a skate park in the building? Homer hiring a professional private eye to follow Lisa around so he can learn more about her? I mean, what the fuck?

Celebrities aren't that great. Stop putting them in the episodes for no reason, dipshits.

Cartoony, nonsensical shit that doesn't belong on the Simpsons. Stuff like Homer sparring with Tony Hawk in mid-air using skateboards SUCKS AND IS NOT WHAT THE SIMPSONS IS ALL ABOUT. I've mentioned this many times, but Matt Groening said in a Season 1 commentary that he wanted the Simpsons to be a "show where, as crudely as the animation is, the characters face real life situations and have real life dilemmas". In other words, a cartoon that didn't act like a cartoon. Looks like they fucking trashed that plan.

Homer isn't funny when he has the IQ of patio furniture.

AND I'M DONE. I DON'T WATCH THE SHOW ANYMORE. WHEN I SAY I HATE SOMETHING, I FOLLOW THROUGH WITH MY DISGUST AND BOYCOTT IT BECAUSE DAPHNE SAYS SO. :(

Command Prompt
Dec 8th, 2003, 10:15 PM
How the fuck do they measure ratings anyway? Is my TV sending information to these people? Or is there still such thing as a Nielson family.

PS I still love you Daphne. :(

EverythingWillSuck
Dec 8th, 2003, 10:17 PM
lol, wtf I didn't expect mr. t :(

Cap'n Crunch
Dec 8th, 2003, 10:45 PM
I WAS LOOKING AT THE SIMPSONS ON SUNDAY AND I SAW WHERE KRUSTY WASN'T JEWISH. I LOOK BACK 10 MINUTES LATER AND HOMER HAS HIS OWN TALK SHOW. >:

AND THEY NEED TO DO AN EPISODE ABOUT KARL. DON'T BE PLAYA HATIN. :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Jixby Phillips
Dec 9th, 2003, 04:28 AM
The Simpsons is a different show now. Get over it.

I'm sick of all these hyperbolic reviews of the latest episodes. I bately watch it, but when I do I think it's really funny at least half the time.

the_dudefather
Dec 9th, 2003, 10:01 AM
i wonder if they pick ramdom words from a hat for plot ideas

writer1: ok we got "time" "hat" "leg" and "jelly"
writer2: how about homer discovers a time traveling hat and breaks his leg while eating jelly!
writer1:genius

honestly, it ran out of steam 5 years ago, they need to stop, especially since its gone to the point of stealing episode ideas from 'hey arnold' (the spelling b episode seemed VERY familiar) and refering to how insane the simpsons is (in an episode).

Daphne
Dec 9th, 2003, 12:35 PM
How the fuck do they measure ratings anyway? Is my TV sending information to these people? Or is there still such thing as a Nielson family.

I was picked to be a neilson family once, it was great! I was unemployed and I watched tv for about 16 hours a day just to play with it. In the comment box, they asked what I'd like to see on TV and I said I wanted the Critic back, and then 2 months later, it was back on Fox! :eek (I don't think I had anything to do with that, though...)

They pay you about $2.

Royal Tenenbaum
Dec 9th, 2003, 12:49 PM
Do you get every channel for free though?

Supafly345
Dec 9th, 2003, 03:23 PM

I was picked to be a neilson family once, it was great! I was unemployed and I watched tv for about 16 hours a day just to play with it. In the comment box, they asked what I'd like to see on TV and I said I wanted the Critic back, and then 2 months later, it was back on Fox! :eek (I don't think I had anything to do with that, though...)

They pay you about $2.So was I. It was fantastic, alot of presents. But I started hating having to press 4 (my number) then "Ok" every time I changed the channel. I started not wanting to change stations just so I didn't have to press the damn button again. It was like... I was actually working for them.

EverythingWillSuck
Dec 9th, 2003, 03:26 PM
honestly, it ran out of steam 5 years ago, they need to stop, especially since its gone to the point of stealing episode ideas from 'hey arnold' (the spelling b episode seemed VERY familiar) and refering to how insane the simpsons is (in an episode).

lol, hey arnold's creator is matt groening's sister. :(

Rongi
Dec 9th, 2003, 03:54 PM
Milhouse, you're starting to get irritating. So what if The Simpsons is now different then it was years ago? Next thing you know you'll be complaining about the halloween episodes being too far fetched :rolleyes

There were plenty of good episodes in the last five years. The one were Homer was a beer baron ( I don't remember when that came out ) was hillarious.

And there are plenty of episodes where things where things happened that would never happen to anyone else. Like when side show Bob first tries to take over the krusty show and tries to murder Bart later on.

Command Prompt
Dec 9th, 2003, 07:36 PM
I remember that episode of ALF where the family becomes a neilson family and Alf gets some retarded show put on the air by tampering with the box.

That dumbass father actually managed to try and teach some kind of moral to Alf about what happens when you alter TV ratings.

Esuohlim
Dec 9th, 2003, 08:18 PM
Milhouse, you're starting to get irritating. So what if The Simpsons is now different then it was years ago? Next thing you know you'll be complaining about the halloween episodes being too far fetched :rolleyes

I'm not exactly complaining about how different it is. It's just that the little changes overall just makes the show less entertaining and enjoyable overall. I mean, I was starting to groan at the jokes. :(

There were plenty of good episodes in the last five years. The one were Homer was a beer baron ( I don't remember when that came out ) was hillarious.

8th season, 7 years ago. :rolleyes :rolleyes But, yes, hilarious. :(

I guess my problem is that I'm coming from growing up with a huge obsession with the show. I wanted every episode on tape. I wanted every piece of merchandise sold. I wanted to read all the books and comic books. I MADE MY FUCKING NAME "ESUOHLIM". It's just tragic to me how it's turned into crap compared to the old stuff.

I suck so much in this post. :(

Rongi
Dec 9th, 2003, 08:43 PM
You're not missing much on the comics, they fucking suck :(

Emu
Dec 9th, 2003, 10:08 PM
I have The Simpsons #3: Bartman and Radioactive Man. :(

Cap'n Crunch
Dec 9th, 2003, 11:13 PM

HEY ARNOLD FUCKING ROCKS. .V.

the_dudefather
Dec 10th, 2003, 06:58 AM
i know it does, thats why i enjoy it so.

i never said hey arnold was crap

Zbu Manowar
Dec 11th, 2003, 11:36 PM
I think I started disliking the Simpsons when they started slamming the fans who didn't like it inside the show itself. Now, the staff who make the show do you have a point: it is free entertainment. But when you start actively slamming those people who were your fans on the show itself, it shows a definite lack of class and taste. Sure, they had a right to be hurt and offended, but when you lash out like that on the show itself, you end up look like the jerk. And no matter how much the Simpsons may have improved, that still exists. Those episodes of the show show an utter contempt for some of their viewers.

And it's not hard to see that one of the reasons for this was that the Simpsons is now profitable to many people. Take a look at the beginning credits for the last five years....most of them are producers. Apparently the show is being used as a springboard for nearly anybody lucky enough to get some cred in Hollywood to do whatever they want animation wise or people are riding the fame train and getting some money off of it. Quite interesting.

HickMan
Dec 12th, 2003, 05:25 PM
I'm glad about one thing with the Simpsons. They kept that guy to say during the commercial bread, "The Simpsons, will be right back."

Studio8
Dec 12th, 2003, 05:47 PM
Mmmmm, Commercial brad. I mean bread.

Esuohlim
Dec 12th, 2003, 09:57 PM
I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU SAID MAN BUT I GUESS YOU'RE HILARIOUS NONETHELESS

Daphne
Dec 13th, 2003, 12:33 AM
Do you get every channel for free though?
No, I had every channel at the time, though (this was before digital cable, back in the days of olde.) I think they only pick people with cable, I am not 100% sure though.

I'd love to do it again!

Command Prompt
Dec 15th, 2003, 05:18 PM
Christmas Episode: a HELL of a lot better than that other jew bashing episode.

See, writing letters works!

PS - Why does everyone in Springfield apparantly have a substance abuse problem now?

Zbu Manowar
Dec 15th, 2003, 06:03 PM
I dunno, probably the same reason Nelson is now caring about when his father is coming back. "And I'll wave those pop-tarts in your face!"

Emu
Dec 15th, 2003, 06:33 PM
Because substance abuse is "hip" and "groovy" with the youngsters of today. Getting in touch with the 14 year olds who find everything funny because they've been sniffing Sharpies all day is the biggest goal of Fox today.

Command Prompt
Dec 15th, 2003, 07:46 PM
OKAY

Emu
Dec 15th, 2003, 07:53 PM
YEP