PDA

View Full Version : Big fish

FartinMowler
Dec 16th, 2003, 01:39 PM
I liked the Edward Scissor hands and I hope that this will be as good or better. I was thinking the other day that it's funny I find this movie reminds me of some of Terry gilliam movies like Time bandits and the adventures of baron munchausen and when I go look for these movies to buy or rent I come up dry or they want a fortune for them and I always put off buying them.

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/bigfish/

[/img]

Mad Melvin
Dec 16th, 2003, 02:42 PM
Looks promising. It cant be a bad movie, because Steve Buscemi is in it. One of the best actors ever.

Royal Tenenbaum
Dec 16th, 2003, 04:05 PM
Some friends of mine have seen it, and they claim it is amazing. So I'm looking forward to this very much.

Perndog
Dec 16th, 2003, 04:25 PM
The movie looks awesome, but I hope the score is more original than what I heard in the trailer...sounded almost like a new arrangement of Edward Scissorhands. :\ Of course, I'm sure Danny Elfman's still got dozens of good ones in him, and I'm optimistic.

KevinTheOmnivore
Dec 16th, 2003, 10:11 PM
Got to see a sneak preview of this last night, really enjoyed it. Ewen McGregor is excellent, and that Billy guy from Almost Famous is pretty good, too.

At times it has a little too much "feel good movie of the year" vibe to it, and I heard the NY Times condemned it as being too preachy. Whatever.

If you like Tim Burton, I think you'll like this film. Good score, good music selection. I like.

EDIT: BTW, the trailers for this film do it NO justice.

Mike P
Dec 16th, 2003, 10:27 PM
EDIT: BTW, the trailers for this film do it NO justice.

I saw a commercial to this movie, and if it doesn't do it justice, then the movie must be the best movie EVER. I just hope it plays around here, because the commercial made it sound like it was a movie with a limited release.

KevinTheOmnivore
Dec 16th, 2003, 10:41 PM
When I say justice, I mean I think the trailers package the film in the wrong way.

Mike P
Dec 16th, 2003, 10:45 PM
Oh... I thought you meant in the "they make it look sucky" way. Sorry.

Spooky
Dec 16th, 2003, 11:07 PM
I saw a commerical on TV the other night, and I just dropped what I was doing to watch the trailer.

I still don't really get the plot, but just the fact that it looks like its a collection of tall tales for a good part of the movie, i think it'll be awesome.

pjalne
Dec 17th, 2003, 05:38 AM
I'm looking forward to this a lot. I've been waiting for Burton to do something that's not high concept for some time now.

AChimp
Dec 17th, 2003, 10:19 PM
I wanna see this. All those surreal scenes look pretty interesting.

pissed off salesman
Dec 19th, 2003, 07:43 AM
I've always been a burton fan. Plus at least this movie isn't another fucking remake.