PDA

View Full Version : The Office

Royal Tenenbaum
Dec 24th, 2003, 12:05 AM
Who else watches this? Classic British TV; utterly hikarious. Not sure if it's shown on any channels over here, but I download the two seasons, and I must say it's one of the best shows ever.

crash0814
Dec 24th, 2003, 01:24 AM
They show it on BBC America. Good shit.

Dole
Dec 24th, 2003, 05:44 AM
There are two final 40 minute specials on TV here over Xmas.

America is making its own version ...I CAN REALLY SEE THAT WORKING WELL.

Royal Tenenbaum
Dec 24th, 2003, 11:35 AM
Yeah, that's fucking retarded. I'm sure it'll be as success as the American version of Coupling at least. :/ They should just leave it be.

Yeah, I heard about the specials. I'm still crossing my fingers they decide to make a third season. Six more episodes of this show would go a long way.

pjalne
Dec 25th, 2003, 06:01 AM
An English friend of the family and his wife and son are staying over for Christmas. He says he's going to get me all the epsiodes of The Office and The Leauge of Gentlemen from the BBC archives.

Also, he was the prop guy on Moonraker :eek Quasi-pseudo-quasi-celeb at my table :eek

Jixby Phillips
Dec 25th, 2003, 06:13 AM
I bought series one on DVD without having seen it, because I haven't heard anybody say anything bad about this show. I bought it mainly because I regularly buy at least one DVD every week, and I haven't bought anything lately because I'm waiting for Christmas. I felt really compelled to spend money, so I bought it. I still need to watch it though :(

Royal Tenenbaum
Dec 25th, 2003, 12:23 PM
WATCH IT! It's so fucking amazing. I'm going to go get the Trailer Park Boys dvd soon, and I'll probably pick this up too.

Krythor
Dec 25th, 2003, 08:17 PM
Yep, you'll definitely like it from reading what other shows you enjoy, Jix.

On a related note, if you're looking for other fairly new and decent British comedy shows to check out, I'd recommend Peep Show and Little Britain. Peep Show can be a little too subtle at times, and the first few episodes of Little Britain are sort of hit and miss, but they both pick up as they progress.