PDA

View Full Version : Get A Life

Stabby
Jan 9th, 2004, 11:39 PM
I just got all volumes of Get A Life on DVD. :)

It's pretty shitty though that they only put 4 episodes on each DVD just so they can sucker you out of money. >: But this show rules so I'll let it slide...this time.

http://www.epguides.com/GetaLife/cast.jpg

Zbu Manowar
Jan 10th, 2004, 01:43 PM
I don't see why Rhino just doesn't put out the whole series on DVD. Enough of a wait, boxed sets are the rage and if you put out the whole series you can include the lesser episodes with the better known ones. Why the wait?

Jixby Phillips
Jan 10th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Because they'd have to clear all the music for the series. So Rhino is releasing episodes as they can afford them.

Zbu Manowar
Jan 10th, 2004, 03:05 PM
That's very weird: they only need REM's 'Stand' to be cleared. I don't recall any other music being played. And if they cleared the song, wouldn't that affect the rest of the episodes?

I know USA had the same problem a few years back when they were replaying the series: they used another unpopular rock song except for one episode--unsure which one--which used the REM theme. Hmph. The pleasures of legality for you.

Jixby Phillips
Jan 10th, 2004, 10:33 PM
They use lots of old pop songs in Get A Life. Almost every episode had one musical montage.

But I confess that I'm only guessing that that's it.

whoreable
Jan 10th, 2004, 11:24 PM
I really like chris elliot but sadly I remeber very little of get a life :(
I wanna watch these discs.

the_dudefather
Jan 12th, 2004, 05:06 AM
when i saw the thread title i thought it was one of those "all yoo fukkers love gi jim and kILl bill, you shood get a life! go out clubbin' like NORmal peeps!" threads that you get in a forum every so often