PDA

View Full Version : Tough Crowd With Colin Quinn

Schimid
Jan 29th, 2004, 05:29 PM
LOL :eek

Emu
Jan 29th, 2004, 05:30 PM
That show would be funny if Colin Quinn wasn't on it :( He fills up about 21 minutes of airtime with his stuttering.

Schimid
Jan 29th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Yeah, that's true. But I used to doubt that he was even funny.

At least he kinda proves me wrong :eek

Jim Norton rocks :o

O71394658
Jan 29th, 2004, 05:37 PM
It usually depends on who's there that day. Jim Norton is great, though.

Schimid
Jan 29th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Did you see the episode with Jim Martinez? It was embarassing. The guy kept trying to make jokes and no one in the audience was laughing. I love how the audience don't laugh after every single joke.

James
Jan 29th, 2004, 05:53 PM
The show sucks. I'm sorry, but it does.

It's not worth watching a half hour of Colin choking on lines, race cards being thrown out by black comedians, and everyone talking over one another until they run out of time and have to go onto another topic, just for one or two comments that actually get a laugh (either out of me, or out of the audience).

It just doesn't hold together consistently enough to be worth watching, in my opinion.

whoreable
Jan 29th, 2004, 06:10 PM
I always feel like the really funny people that get to appear on there always get held back.

Ninjavenom
Jan 29th, 2004, 08:35 PM
I like this show except for Patrice O'Neal. He's a bigoted retard.

Emu
Jan 29th, 2004, 08:40 PM
He relies a lot on the "I'm this, you're not" routine. He always has one gay guy, one Jew, one black person, and one woman, and usually fits someone else in if someone goes for a two-fer. I'm not saying I want them all to be white straight men or something, but it makes his guests seem hand chosen specifically for that.

Zbu Manowar
Feb 1st, 2004, 01:21 AM
The only thing about this show is that it shows that anybody on SNL's Weekly Update gets the humor sucked right out of them, even if they're marginally funny.

Ghost of Fraiser
Feb 1st, 2004, 01:35 AM
Yeah why is this show on, they should fill it up with more fucking rereuns of reno 911 and mad tv.

Stabby
Feb 1st, 2004, 02:08 AM
Yeah, besides Colon Quinn being a stuttering retard this show still sucks. They pick good topics but never really touch on them, and when they comment on the topics they have no idea what they're saying. This show is such a hack. Once in a while they have good guests but just watch Real Time with Bill Maher if you actually want to see these topics presented well.

The Unseen
Feb 1st, 2004, 07:26 AM
I think Patrice O'Neal is HILAROUS

Supafly345
Feb 1st, 2004, 08:15 AM
Bill Mahr is an idiot. He is like a comedic Rush Limbaugh for liberals.

Bobo Adobo
Feb 1st, 2004, 09:00 PM
That shows OK and sometimes is fucking hilarious.

One thing I do like about the show is that the geusts are openly racist towards eachother, and thats what this country needs, seriously.

Id still rather be watching Reno 911.

timrpgland
Feb 3rd, 2004, 01:32 PM
It's not too bad. David Cross was on there before but wasn't really funny. Colbert doesn't seem to be as funny when he appears there either. The regulars eat all the camera time. Colin is pretty annoying and probably gets the least laughs most episodes. The Tough Crowd stand up special thingy was decent.

Brandon
Feb 7th, 2004, 12:44 AM
This show fucking blows. Colin Quinn is by far the most inept comedian I've ever seen. The man just can't deliver a fucking joke to save his life.

Most episodes involve race fights between Nick DiPaolo and Patrice O'Neal, which was cute for about five seconds the first time it happened.

Zbu Manowar
Feb 7th, 2004, 11:43 AM
Anybody want to bet money that Colin pulls a Mahr 'terrorists aren't cowards' stunt, loses his show, then fucks up his life? I'm seeing it coming.