Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News > Isreali soldiers board Ship to Gaza flotilla and kill plenty
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread: Isreali soldiers board Ship to Gaza flotilla and kill plenty Reply to Thread
Title:
Message
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.


Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
Jun 7th, 2010 09:51 AM
AChimp Those aid workers were just looking to start shit and got what they deserved, IMO. They knew that they would be boarded (that's the point of a blockade) and they went with the express purpose of running the blockade. It doesn't matter if they were only carrying food and medicine; nothing gets in (that's the point of a blockade).

Since the soldiers were told that there would be no resistance, and all the small boats had surrendered peacefully already, why would they have been expecting trouble from the last boat? Seems to me like the people on that boat wanted to provoke a fight. The "we were just defending ourselves" excuse is just bullshit because:

a) they knew that it was the Israeli Army, not Air Pirates repelling down from helicopters that were flown from their secret volcano island base.

b) they would have been questioned, inspected, steered to an approved port where their cargo would be unloaded and eventually be delivered to Gaza.

It also doesn't matter that they were in international waters. They were close to the Israeli border and they had already announced on websites and stuff that they fully intended to to cross.
Jun 5th, 2010 09:51 PM
Dimnos That would be to easy.
Jun 5th, 2010 09:26 PM
Colonel Flagg
Jun 5th, 2010 05:46 PM
Tadao Why would anyone bring aid to Palestinians? How about moving to a Muslim friendly country.
Jun 5th, 2010 04:34 PM
The Leader Such bad crowd control.
Jun 5th, 2010 04:21 PM
Colonel Flagg And the Irish aid vessel is boarded and ... they didn't resist! And the situation ends peacefully.

How 'bout it, folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNN
The ship was taken to Ashdod, Israel, where its cargo will be offloaded and screened. People on board will be processed by immigration officials and flown to their countries of origin as soon as possible, Israel said.
Jun 5th, 2010 11:21 AM
The Leader Well, I mean, they're a bunch of Jews, aren't they? When was the last time you met a mean Jew?
Jun 5th, 2010 02:20 AM
kahljorn everybody probably thinks that they would be very nice or something
Jun 4th, 2010 11:37 PM
Kitsa New boatload of Irish protesters on the way to go get pwned, or so I saw on the news.

I still don't get why people are constantly surprised to find that Israel takes itself Really Fucking Seriously.
Jun 4th, 2010 06:43 PM
kahljorn reading what "intelligent" people say on this issue is such horse shit.

"WELL, IT WASNT ACTUALLY A BLOCKADE"

"WELL, HOW CAN YOU HAVE A BLOCKADE WHEN THERE IS NO ARMED CONFLICT?"

"ISRAEL IS NOT IN CONFLICT WITH THE PEOPLE ON THAT BOAT "

"WITH HAMAS? THATS RIDICULOUS! HAMAS DOESNT OWN ANYTHING."

"ISRAEL OWNS EVERYTHING. THE WHOLE GAZA. THEY ARE JUST AT WAR WITH THEMSELVES." < lol thats like the dumbest point cause then couldn't they just claim they are embargoing? or refusing aid?? im sure there's laws about embargoing but im pretty sure a country has the right to refuse aid.

anyway, the only good point ive seen is that you cant blockade on the high seas. well, not that its a good point just that i can't find a lot contradicting it. there's these two situations with the virginius and the caroline which were pretty similar...
Jun 4th, 2010 06:29 PM
kahljorn YEA, SO OBVIOUSLY THE PALESTENIANS AND BLASTED CHILD ARE THE ONES AT FAULT

YOU IGNORANT FCKS
Jun 4th, 2010 06:26 PM
The Leader THE TYPE OF SHIP THAT PRINCESS LEIA WAS CAPTURED IN AT THE BEGINNING OF STAR WARS IS CALLED A BLOCKADE RUNNER
Jun 4th, 2010 06:19 PM
kahljorn QUESTION FOR THIS THREAD:

WHAT IS A BLOCKADE?
Jun 4th, 2010 06:14 PM
Pentegarn Neither of them get what's going on the threads they are in
Jun 4th, 2010 06:11 PM
kahljorn I'm sure they are both somebodies characters. Maybe even the same persons :O

blasted child seems like they've only made posts with the intent of baiting people. At least, thats how it looked to me.

Quote:
When I hear Israel complain about how unfairly the rest of the world is treating them, it reminds of when certain colleagues find it unfair when their entire workplace hates them. If everyone thinks you suck, there's probably some truth in it, and you should probably start changing a bit.
Dimnos makes a good point on this topic. So, like, when everyone hated ******s, jews, women, gays etc. there was actually TRUTH in it and in fact all of these "Civil rights" are all a fraud! We were completely justified in our actions. It wasn't "biggoted fucks" that needed to change, it was THEM.

HEY EVERYONE HATES MUSLIM TERRORIST FUCKS RIGHT? THERE MUST BE SOME REASON FOR THAT. MAYBE THE SOLDIERS WERE JUSTIFIED AFTER ALL.
Jun 4th, 2010 02:52 PM
Pentegarn
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
I've got a conspiracy for ya: Blasted Child = Coolinator? You decide! :O
Jun 4th, 2010 12:26 PM
Dimnos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasted Child View Post
I don't think I ever expressed an interest to get into that.
No you didnt. Its just people bitching about Israel being there in the first place is one of the arguments I hear most often. I simply wanted to address it and get it out of the way. And In that regard Im just saying they have as much right to be there as anyone else in the area. The difference between Israel and Sweden is that Sweden gets along with its neighbors. Hell I bet they all visit each others countries and respect and enjoy each others cultures. Israel isnt so fortunate to have such good neighbors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasted Child View Post
And the case Israel/Palestine isn't even that clear cut.
I quoted this because it is probably the most accurate and truthful thing that will be said in this entire thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasted Child View Post
Also, most of you seem to only focus on how the acitivists reacted when boarded. Why are you not condemning the boarding itself - since when is it alright to attack a non-military ship on international waters and detain its passengers? Apart from the handguns that were allegedly stolen from the Israeli commandos, the ships carried food and medicine.
I dont condemn the boarding. In fact if it were my call to make I would have approved the boarding. Maybe in a slightly different way to try and avoid events such as the ones that took place but maybe thats just hindsight talking. I stand by this position because Gaza is a hot spot for violence and terrorism. For all the Israeli government knew this ship was trying to sneak in weapons and other military supplies in with the food and medical supplies. How are they to know? The only way is to search the ship. Given the nature of the situation in Gaza I really dont feel like they were out of line with conducting a search. Possibly the way they did it. They probably should have pulled up next to it in their own ship and loudly declared in multiple languages that they intended to search the ship and why. Informed the activists that they would be coming on board but had no intention of detaining them for long. If they had nothing to hide they shouldnt of had a problem with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasted Child View Post
You seem to regard the Israeli soldiers as some sort of police force that was just doing their job, like when riot police cracks down on a bunch of football hooligans somewhere, and the civilians had better comply or suit themselves.
This isn't like that - this is a foreign military force attacking civilians, outside of their territory - civilians not even on their way to their territory but to a third-part land. Let's not forget that the global community, as well as UN, consider the blockade illegal and a war crime.
Israel doesnt really want anything to do with Gaza anymore. A few years ago they declared they were no longer running the joint and wanted all responsibility placed in the hands of the PLO. The UN and a few other people still consider it to be Israels responsibility though. So for the sake of the safety of its own people and because it is what the international community expect of it, they police the strip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasted Child View Post
If you want to provide Gaza with supplies, and refuse to let Israel dictate the premises, how would you go about?
If you are trying to get into Gaza but want to avoid Israeli interference you are probably smuggling weapons in and deserve to have you shit detained. As far as how I would do it? Probably go in through Egypt or something I dont know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasted Child View Post
When I hear Israel complain about how unfairly the rest of the world is treating them, it reminds of when certain colleagues find it unfair when their entire workplace hates them. If everyone thinks you suck, there's probably some truth in it, and you should probably start changing a bit.
If you think the whole world hates you and don't realise you're partly to blame, you're either subject to some really heavy propaganda, or a sociopath.
Do your work colleagues regularly announce how they want to kill you. Do they regularly kidnap your friends and family? Do they throw bricks in through the windows of your car and house? What if everyone at work hates you just because your of a different religion or race? Does that still place the blame in your lap?
Jun 4th, 2010 12:21 PM
The Leader I've got a conspiracy for ya: Blasted Child = Coolinator? You decide! :O
Jun 4th, 2010 08:54 AM
Pentegarn And you are a little moron who doesn't get the site that he posts on.

Now that we understand each other, you can go back to YTMND or whatever lame forums you came from.

There are actual valid points in amongst the mockery, if you bothered to look beyond it and not take every post so damn personally, you would see that. Everyone else in this thread gets it, why don't you?

While on the subject of ignoring things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Keep in mind the same kind of people who think it is OK to hate Israel include the likes of the following....
You took offense to this, but for it to actually be meant to be about you (as opposed to be what I was intending it to be), you would have to admit you hate Jews. Is this the case? Are you trying to tell us something? If so then by all means carry on with your anti-semitic self. If however, you do not hate Jews then you should not have taken offense to this and therefore need to shut it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
You insinuate Israel went into this intending to slaughter activists. If you didn't feel that way why condemn the boarding at all? Activists get detained and arrested every day. What makes these ones so special?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasted Child View Post
And then you say I have insinuated that israelis went in there with the intention to "slaughter" innocent...what I've done is to condemn strongly how they boarded a non-military vessel on international waters...and I've ALSO deplored the fact that the activists used violence.
Way to selectively answer my post by the way. But when you brought it up the way you did, ("if they faced resistance because of this act, they're not really entitled to complain. And as they ended up killing up to ten passengers, whatever mitigating circumstances they can bring up are pretty moot in the big picture.") and then glossed over the fact that the article (and several others) said they had no idea there would be any violence and the resistance came as a complete surprise, makes you come off as someone with an anti-Israeli agenda who feels these troops had no right to defend themselves during a military operation. (That is the root of why you are being mocked by the way)

I will ask one more time, then give it up as a lack or reading comprehension on your part.

If you didn't feel that way why condemn the boarding at all? Activists get detained and arrested every day. What makes these ones so special?
Jun 4th, 2010 02:08 AM
Blasted Child Boring.

You're like this little inbred island village, where everyone is allergic to outsiders or other opinions. The only difference is that since this place is called i-mockery you believe that everything you say somehow magically becomes brilliant mockery.
Jun 4th, 2010 12:18 AM
Pentegarn
Jun 4th, 2010 12:10 AM
Tadao I think you are more of a cement mixer. :o
Jun 3rd, 2010 11:34 PM
Pentegarn Can I be a tool? And if so, what sort of tool? Am I a miter saw? I think I am a miter saw
Jun 3rd, 2010 08:33 PM
Tadao tool
Jun 3rd, 2010 07:00 PM
Pentegarn Blasted Child may be the new politics board toy
This thread has more than 25 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

   


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:51 PM.


© 2008 I-Mockery.com
Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.