Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News > Man opens fire in gay bar
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread: Man opens fire in gay bar Reply to Thread
Title:
Message
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.


Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
Feb 6th, 2006 11:09 PM
Dr. Boogie Yeah, he died in the hospital. Now, they're looking into whether or not the girl in the car was killed by him, or possibly by the crossfire during the shootout with the cops.
Feb 6th, 2006 10:51 PM
ScruU2wice someone told me he's dead now? I got nothingto back it up though.
Feb 6th, 2006 10:37 PM
Emu Sounds good to me.
Feb 6th, 2006 10:27 PM
maggiekarp How about we just call it eloquent retarded?
Feb 6th, 2006 08:13 PM
Immortal Goat I get his point, but to sound rational doesn't neccesarily mean that it IS rational. Like I said before, it is anything BUT rational to continue with untrue beliefs when faced with actual facts.
Feb 6th, 2006 04:59 PM
kahljorn I think what he's saying is that there's a difference between:

GAYS SUCK BECAUSE THEY ARE GAY AND THEY MAKE THE WORLD SUCK

and

Gays pollute the social atmosphere and suffer from mental instability... or whatever.

The later sounds rational, even if it's "Untrue" or misguided, while the prior just sounds stupid and void of any thought.
Feb 6th, 2006 03:30 PM
Immortal Goat I guess I am confusing those two. I dunno. Still, wouldn't it be considered irrational to ignore all actual proof against your previously rational mindset? That's what I am getting at.
Feb 6th, 2006 12:23 PM
Emu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Goat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulturkampf
It is rational, it uses reason in argument, I do not think i tis so proper to be so insulting.
It uses flawed reasoning, and therefor is not rational. It is about as rational as saying that Black people shouldn't breed because they are more succeptible to becoming criminals. Sure, statistically, it is true, but it isn't because they are black, and to deny them the right to family would be irrational.

It wasn't meant as an insult. It was meant to be more of a truthful observation. If you were insulted by it, then that sounds like a personal problem to me. Quit with your "victim" mentality and see things for what they are. Baby.
You're confusing "rational" with "correct." Something can be based on flawed reasoning and still be rational; the flawed reasoning just makes it WRONG, not irrational.
Feb 6th, 2006 11:13 AM
Pub Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
KiKi, If you don't think it is so proper to be insulting, YOU MAY BE IN THE WRONG PLACE, GUY WHO CALLS PEOPLE CUNT!
To be fair, I called him a cunt before he called anyone else on here that.
Feb 6th, 2006 10:33 AM
mburbank KiKi, If you don't think it is so proper to be insulting, YOU MAY BE IN THE WRONG PLACE, GUY WHO CALLS PEOPLE CUNT!
Feb 6th, 2006 08:10 AM
Immortal Goat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulturkampf
It is rational, it uses reason in argument, I do not think i tis so proper to be so insulting.
It uses flawed reasoning, and therefor is not rational. It is about as rational as saying that Black people shouldn't breed because they are more succeptible to becoming criminals. Sure, statistically, it is true, but it isn't because they are black, and to deny them the right to family would be irrational.

It wasn't meant as an insult. It was meant to be more of a truthful observation. If you were insulted by it, then that sounds like a personal problem to me. Quit with your "victim" mentality and see things for what they are. Baby.
Feb 6th, 2006 03:22 AM
maggiekarp My mom and I were kinda creeped out that the guy looks like my uncle
Feb 6th, 2006 03:10 AM
Kulturkampf It is rational, it uses reason in argument, I do not think i tis so proper to be so insulting.
Feb 5th, 2006 07:24 AM
Chojin lol, the only people he killed were probably straight ;<

TEAM KILLER
Feb 5th, 2006 06:55 AM
executioneer who the fuck drinks rum on the rocks anyways, christ
Feb 5th, 2006 12:33 AM
Summourn "An 18-year-old suspect in hatchet attacks and shootings at a Massachusetts gay bar was captured Saturday after a gunfight, but not before two people were dead. Officials say Jacob Robida killed an Arkansas police officer during a traffic stop and a woman in his car as police closed in. Robida was in critical condition after being shot by officers."

(cnn.com)
Feb 3rd, 2006 06:14 PM
Immortal Goat Ahh, ok. Well, I disagree that it is rational, seeing as how there are plenty of sources refuting his claims. Still, it is more rational than "Because God said they are evil".
Feb 3rd, 2006 05:38 PM
Emu I said it was rational, not that it was right. He seems to have a genuine concern that homosexuality causes promiscuity, drug dependence and disease, and, while I don't believe it does personally, he's justified in believing that if he thinks those things are true. That doesn't make him right, though.
Feb 3rd, 2006 04:46 PM
Immortal Goat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
And I'd like to add that I didn't post this to make some kind of comparison to KK, because at least he has a rational reason for believing what he does, even if I strongly disagree with it, even if it is or isn't true, it's still a rational reason, unlike this sick fuck. I think this is a horribly tragic story that should be discussed.
Rational reason? I must have missed that part in the previous threads. What is his rational reason for hating homosexuals? Seriously, I want to know. This isn't me being a smartass or anything. I just want to know.

Oh, and I love how Vince pops out of the woodwork every now and again to post something so completely useless that it somehow lowers everyone's opinion of him even more, surprising everyone with the fact that can still go lower at all.

On topic: This is disgusting. Has there been an arrest yet? I'm looking forward to the inevitable interview with this guy, too, just so I can read what this guy has to say about what he did.
Feb 3rd, 2006 01:34 PM
mburbank One man's indoctrination is another mans exposure to information, li'l Johnny Backwards.
Feb 3rd, 2006 01:03 PM
KevinTheOmnivore Tolerance and acceptance are two different things.
Feb 3rd, 2006 12:59 PM
Kulturkampf Teach tolerance? Sure. But I dislike the idea that the teaching of tolerance becomes an indoctrination into believing all people who think homosexuality is wrong are backwards. That is wrong.

We can never prevent these sorts of crimes because they are senseless acts of aggression.
Feb 3rd, 2006 12:23 PM
Emu And I'd like to add that I didn't post this to make some kind of comparison to KK, because at least he has a rational reason for believing what he does, even if I strongly disagree with it, even if it is or isn't true, it's still a rational reason, unlike this sick fuck. I think this is a horribly tragic story that should be discussed.
Feb 3rd, 2006 12:14 PM
Emu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulturkampf
I bet this is indicative of all of the conservatives on this board, and that secretly they all are going to go do similar attacks against our society.

This is not politics, but a crime story that is shocking.

Nothing to debate.
See, I don't know if you noticed, but this is also a news board. Yes, it's shocking, and it's news, and I think it does make an important point about tolerance. Did I say it was indicative of anything about you? No. I didn't comment on it at all. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Get down from the cross, please.

Quote:
My opinion:

It is too bad that we have a youth so helplessly led astry, and it is too bad that we have people so badly wounded by his poor actions and decisions -- I hope good can somehow come out of the situation.
Like I said, situations like these are why I think it's important to teach tolerance of homosexuals (and everybody; this could have been a bar full of African Americans and the situation would have been equally tragic.)
Feb 3rd, 2006 11:05 AM
KevinTheOmnivore YES!! SWEET JESUS, YES!
This thread has more than 25 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

   


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 AM.


© 2008 I-Mockery.com
Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.