I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Most overrated game ever. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699023)

Guitar Woman Nov 19th, 2008 01:08 AM

video games suck

OxBlood Nov 19th, 2008 02:25 AM

Harsh Gitarrenfrau, harsh. Videogames are a unique opportunity.

lumpisan Nov 20th, 2008 10:24 AM

I'd have to say the entire halo series. I could never get into them.... and there are so many better fps' out there

Guitar Woman Nov 20th, 2008 01:15 PM

wow halo is overrated how original nobody has ever brought this up before

Grislygus Nov 20th, 2008 01:20 PM

I THINK POLE POSITION WAS OVERRATED

THERE, I SAID IT

Guitar Woman Nov 20th, 2008 07:22 PM

did you play that Pong game what a piece of shit

executioneer Nov 20th, 2008 09:16 PM

super mario brothers, what's so super about it :rolleyes

Grislygus Nov 21st, 2008 12:44 PM

FUckin space invaders nothing even happens, you don't even havw a life bar

Esuohlim Nov 21st, 2008 01:01 PM

MONOPOLY >:

HappyHamster Nov 21st, 2008 01:36 PM

Pretty much any new game that comes out is hyped up and is a piece of shit... but then pissy little kids will buy them up because 'so and so' said it was good, so they'll defend that oppinion without having an original one of their own.

Dimnos Nov 21st, 2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 596186)
MONOPOLY >:

You sunk my Boardwalk! :posh Or... wait...

HappyHamster Nov 22nd, 2008 12:00 AM

Super Alfred Chicken.
All the cool kids said it was awesome and that I was a buttface if I didn't play it.
Damn game sucked >:

RaNkeri Nov 22nd, 2008 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 596028)
super mario brothers, what's so super about it :rolleyes

QFT ;)

executioneer Nov 22nd, 2008 02:04 PM

WHAT YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN ROLL EYES AROUND HERE OR SOMETHING >:

Bahmo Nov 25th, 2008 06:57 PM

A runner up for most overrated franchise: Pokemon.

I love it, make no mistake. I thought it was a great game the moment it came out, I got into the cards, and when some dickhead (maybe Tadao's real identity; he did look kinda chimp-like) at school ripped up a Pokemon card to show his contempt, I rescued the card and taped it back together. I still have the card; it's Omanyte. I still buy every new RPG game, I carry them around in my pocket, I take my Pokemon to contests to win them ribbons, and I masturbate to many of the female human characters.

Be that as it may, it's fucking overrated, because the franchise has been around a decade, yet for all the technological increases we've made, it's still basically the same old shit I played back on the original Gameboy. You're some average schmuck who lives in some shitty hick town, you procure a grass, fire, or water Pokemon from your professor friend, and you go on an adventure fighting terrorists and attempting to be master of the Pokemon League. It's the same plot every time and same gameplay every time. Would it kill them to have you be doing something with Pokemon other than going to challenge the elite four, or giving you a starter that wasn't Grass, Fire, or Water type? I don't think it would, and franchises need change to survive. I'm still being an idiot and buying every main RPG, but for how much longer, I don't know.

Guitar Woman Nov 25th, 2008 07:04 PM

you're really an idiot

Bahmo Nov 25th, 2008 07:07 PM

Say what you will, but Pokemon is the perfect game to just take and play whenever you're just doing semi-involed things like walking or sitting on the shitter. You only need to just press one button, and occasionally the D-Pad. Also the stylus, but I usually don't play games involving that when I'm on the toilet, as I'm always afraid I'll drop it and have to recover it by reaching into my own shit.

Guitar Woman Nov 25th, 2008 07:16 PM

Seriously

HappyHamster Nov 25th, 2008 07:57 PM

But thats what made it good. It was simple yet addictive...If anything, they've proven that not everything needs to change to survive. Some games do, Pokemon apparently doesnt...

Neen Nov 26th, 2008 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bahmo (Post 597321)
I masturbate to many of the female human characters.

Most of which are minors, you pedophile.

pac-man Nov 26th, 2008 12:39 AM

Go on...

Bahmo Nov 26th, 2008 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyHamster (Post 597334)
But thats what made it good. It was simple yet addictive...If anything, they've proven that not everything needs to change to survive. Some games do, Pokemon apparently doesnt...

Apparently not; since people still buy it up like crack. But change wouldn't hurt, either, and it would still be Pokemon if, say, you had the chance to start with a ghost type, or were somebody other than an average Joe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neen (Post 597422)
Most of which are minors, you pedophile.

Not as though I said I wanted to rape them. But if someone is mature enough to have breasts, she's old enough to be masturbated to. End of story.

HappyHamster Nov 26th, 2008 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bahmo (Post 597436)
Apparently not; since people still buy it up like crack. But change wouldn't hurt, either, and it would still be Pokemon if, say, you had the chance to start with a ghost type, or were somebody other than an average Joe.

I completely agree with you, its been pretty much the same exact formula since game one. Sure, theres that addition have having TWO (omg) pokemon out at once during a fight but ... so far, is that it? I cant help but think how a Pokemon game would be if it played out like Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army (why...why does it have to be that long?). Figured that kind of change would be fun. Maybe...

And so you'd jerk it to a developing 12 year old? ಠ_ಠ

RaNkeri Nov 26th, 2008 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyHamster (Post 597438)
its been pretty much the same exact formula since game one.

Nintendo :rolleyes

Angryhydralisk Nov 26th, 2008 10:37 AM

You know you guys have pretty much named every game that's been considered good.

But on the subject, I thought Diddy Kong Racing was an overrated piece of shit that everyone loved. To me it was like Mario Kart minus the FUN. >:

Also WWF Attitude and War Zone. Everyone clamored when you could make your own wrassler. But what's the point if it controls like crap?