I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Last Film(s) You Watched (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698544)

Kitsa Oct 17th, 2012 09:13 PM

King Lear, PBS version.

Dimnos Oct 18th, 2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 763015)
all of these people...

Fuck netflix for not having this online.

Aaarg Oct 18th, 2012 09:21 AM

^ true that ^

so i finally broke down and watched troll 2 last night. i wouldn't say best worst movie but goddammit, it's nice to see those community college drama courses worked out well for some people

we need time for some things to happen

Aaarg Oct 18th, 2012 09:34 AM

also i watched
TELSTAR: the joe meek story
or whatever

because joe meek has always been mildly interesting to me and i like that somebody made a film about him

the movie was junk

played out like a regular boring music biopic like walk the line or great balls of fire and blah blah blah. joe meek was crazy enough to make an entertaining movie about!

also the end was bullshit. you're trying to tell me that he accidentally killed his landlady? nah.

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 19th, 2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaarg (Post 763054)
^ true that ^

so i finally broke down and watched troll 2 last night. i wouldn't say best worst movie but goddammit, it's nice to see those community college drama courses worked out well for some people

we need time for some things to happen

Tried watching this at a dinner party two weeks ago and everyone else wanted to shut it off.

From what I've seen my favorite part was when the dad takes off his belt and it looks like he's going to belt his son. Then he yells something about indigestion.

Kitsa Oct 19th, 2012 11:34 AM

I watched like the last 10 mins of The Social Network last night while waiting for Sunny to start and that just looked like a horrible fucking time, I now know I never want to sit through the whole thing.

Krythor Oct 19th, 2012 12:15 PM

You just have all around bad taste Kitsa.

Babs Oct 20th, 2012 08:40 PM

Just watched The Master for a second time, it has solidified it's place as my new all time favorite P.T. Anderson film. The movie is shot on 70mm so you get pristine detail in the shots while having that depth and feel of 35mm. Johnny Greenwood (guitarist of Radiohead) provides his second score to an Anderson film that goes deeply hand and hand with the films visuals, adding a rich but dark aide to the emotion bestowed in what I consider P.T. Andersons' masterpiece. Alongside with powerhouse performances from Joaquin Phoenix (Freddie Quell) and Philip Seymour Hoffman (Lancaster Dodd) and breath taking photography and scenery, The Master transcends the audience with visuals and the raw fear in all of us, the longing of something/someone to follow. The movie deals with the existential restlessness, such as Freddie finding himself with a "self-improving" movement (loosely based of Scientology, mostly the roots) which has dubbed themselves "The Cause". It's not even much a relevancy that The Cause is even being connected to Scientology or any other type of cult, it acts more of a vessel to compel the meaning that everyone faces within themselves that we all have a longing for a "master", someone/thing to follow and abide by. I just can not get over some of the dialog, e.g. “Freddy. Sailor of the seas. You pay no rent. Free to go where you please. Then go. Go to that landless latitude. And good luck. For if you figure a way to live without serving a Master, any Master, then let the rest of us know, will you? For you’d be the first person in the history of the world.” Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. The most beautiful thing to ever be shot to celluloid.

kahljorn Oct 20th, 2012 10:54 PM

so The Master is a good movie?

darkvare Oct 21st, 2012 12:40 AM

dredd violence rules so i'm gonna go watch it again tomorrow and maybe looper too

Babs Oct 21st, 2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 763183)
so The Master is a good movie?

I'm forgainst it.

Mad Melvin Oct 21st, 2012 05:26 AM

Can't wait to see it. There Will Be Blood and Magnolia are among the best movies i've ever seen.

Aaarg Oct 22nd, 2012 08:51 AM

i watched plan 9 (on vhs) and then ed wood. also probably something else that has nothing to do with anything but i forget.

Kitsa Oct 23rd, 2012 10:58 PM

Bad taste, yep.

Aaarg Oct 24th, 2012 09:06 AM

aliens with butts bad taste?

Fathom Zero Oct 24th, 2012 02:01 PM

Kitsa Oct 24th, 2012 10:10 PM

I never really got around to watching it. All I can remember is the alien in the suit or something giving the finger on the cover.

Fathom Zero Oct 24th, 2012 10:31 PM

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck man

Peter Jackson is great - everything he touches is amazing.

dextire Oct 25th, 2012 12:25 AM

I didn't really like his King Kong remake. It felt like he took an hour and half movie and stretched it to four hours without really adding anything new.

Watched a movie called When Good Ghouls Go Bad.
I think I've seen it before because I remember the zombie Indian being everywhere for no reason, and the kid thinking that a zombie had a mask on and ripped it off, only to reveal the skull underneath. Very much enjoyed it. :halloween2

Aaarg Oct 25th, 2012 09:14 AM

bad taste isn't as good as dead alive just saying! also he made better movies when he made cheap shitty nz movies instead of billion dollar tolkien wanks. just saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

not a movie, but we just watched metalocalypse season 3. two rockso episodes is bullshit, but w/e metalocalypse is cool.

also, saint nick, another evil santa movie. dutch is an ugly language and the finnish santa movie is way better!

10,000 Volt Ghost Oct 25th, 2012 09:26 AM

Bad taste is awesome. I think thats the only movie you can watch 3 times in a row and still enjoy it.

Just went to see 7 psychopaths. Fucking awesome movie but still like in bruges better.

"Peace is for queers"

All Hail Duke Oct 25th, 2012 02:01 PM

re-animator, brain dead/dead alive, and videodrome

been slacking on watching horror movies, so this was a good start

Nick Oct 26th, 2012 11:13 AM

I watched Fido yesterday. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun watching a zombie movie.

Mike Tobacco Oct 26th, 2012 04:03 PM

Tales From the Hood. Far from a must see, unless you're a horror fan that has to watch everything the genre has to offer. That being said, though, it's entertaining and well worth the watch this time of year.

Babs Oct 27th, 2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 763311)
Bad taste is awesome. I think thats the only movie you can watch 3 times in a row and still enjoy it.

Just went to see 7 psychopaths. Fucking awesome movie but still like in bruges better.

"Peace is for queers"

Tell me more about 7 psychopaths. All I know is tom waits is in it and that's enough for me to want to see it.