I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Dead Space 2 (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69705837)

Dr. Boogie Feb 19th, 2011 02:27 PM

They just have a very broad definition of what a "twist" is.

Fathom Zero Feb 19th, 2011 02:33 PM

Ahhh. Not every curve in a narrative is an OMG SURPRISE moment, people. I liked the story, although I still thought most of it was as incomprehensible the first, especially the endgame, and I still don't know what they mean by "MAKE US WHOLE, ISSAC RGHGRHGHGHHGHRGH" and all the other stuff that happens then. Maybe we're not supposed to know because Issac doesn't know a lot himself? Or maybe I'm just being thick.

I really liked the cringe-inducing part at the end, though. I screwed it up on purpose the first time, because there was a skittish girl in the room right next to me. She lost her shit. :lol

Dr. Boogie Feb 19th, 2011 03:47 PM

As far as questions about the story:

Spoilers!

In short, the writing was serviceable, but the writers were so wrapped up in trying to keep the player guessing that they forgot to wrap things up properly. If I wanted to make an excuse for it, I would say that maybe you'll get more answers in the inevitable third one.

As for Isaac himself, he just doesn't do anything for me. He has a little more personality now that he isn't a silent protagonist, but there's nothing that really stands out about him. I think that's what they were going for, though: ordinary man in extraordinary circumstances.

darkvare Feb 19th, 2011 09:08 PM

one thing i wanna know is where thosse butterfly necromorphs come from they are the only common ones that have no human characteristics

LordSappington Feb 21st, 2011 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 713542)
one thing i wanna know is where thosse butterfly necromorphs come from they are the only common ones that have no human characteristics

Butterfly necromorphs?
Spoilers!

Also, Stalkers weren't a huge problem my first play-through on Normal; they creeped me out when I'd notice one peeking at me, but that was it. On Zealot, they annihilated me over and over.

darkvare Feb 21st, 2011 01:20 PM

the ones that infect dead bodies

Dr. Boogie Feb 21st, 2011 04:10 PM

I just figured they were the originators of the outbreak, and that the game doesn't show them slowly infecting everyone because the game is more about cheap scares rather than the slow, creeping terror of a space station being gradually overrun.

Also, I could be wrong about this, but I thought they had some vaguely human-ish qualities on the underside of those wings, like how the behemoth necromorphs have arms that look like they're made of torsos and such.

LordSappington Feb 22nd, 2011 12:30 AM

Yeah, the infectors are also infected humans. They're just mutated to spread the infection.
What it more or less comes down to is the infectors spread into corpses, and everything else makes corpses to infect or begins to form new organisms, like the Hivemind and terraforming the area.

darkkitten Feb 24th, 2011 11:03 PM

Just finished the game,and,
Spoilers!
But it all worked out fine.:)

LordSappington Feb 25th, 2011 12:46 AM

For future reference, the spoiler command is '[ spoiler] text goes here, nerd [ /spoiler]'.

Mockery Mar 17th, 2011 02:03 PM

Finished the game and loved it once again. Great action, some truly gruesome deaths, excellent sound design, the works. The only thing I thought was lacking was the overall story, but it seems like others share that same opinion as well. Looking forward to the next one regardless and I still need to try multiplayer mode sometime as I've heard it's a lot o' fun.

And now, the wait for Infamous 2 begins...

darkvare Mar 17th, 2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery (Post 715565)
Finished the game and loved it once again. Great action, some truly gruesome deaths, excellent sound design, the works. The only thing I thought was lacking was the overall story, but it seems like others share that same opinion as well. Looking forward to the next one regardless and I still need to try multiplayer mode sometime as I've heard it's a lot o' fun.

And now, the wait for Infamous 2 begins...

did you signed for the infamous 2 beta?