I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Pub Lover Apr 27th, 2009 12:08 AM

:pagebrak

:balls

Tadao Apr 27th, 2009 12:09 AM

What's the misleading part? I hear that they have some good size hurdles.

Pub Lover Apr 27th, 2009 12:11 AM

I don't remember, I was overcome by the act of rubbing your digital nipples.

Tadao Apr 27th, 2009 12:12 AM

DIGIPPLES!

Tadao Apr 27th, 2009 12:15 AM

Tadao Apr 27th, 2009 12:37 AM

Kitsa Apr 27th, 2009 07:21 AM

I dunno. Michael Moore strikes me as someone who, as I said before, does have a lot of good points...but I think he's also capable of pulling out all of the half-truths and propaganda stops he can in order to make those points. Things got awfully twisty in Sicko.

True, we don't have universal healthcare and we need to either have some version of it or make reasonable healthcare more available in some other way. But I don't believe for a minute that countries that do have universal healthcare are skipping through some la-la-la medical fairyland where everything is just fantastic.

The reform I'd really like to see is for all of the states to follow Massachusetts' example and make it illegal for insurance companies to discriminate against someone with childhood cancer. I was born with my cancer and, as far as insurance companies were concerned, I had a lifelong "pre-existing condition" and had to either jump through their hoops (at one point going a YEAR WITHOUT TREATMENT) or not have insurance at all. Long story shorter, insurance companies have fucked with my entire life, up to and including having to leave medical school to work fulltime and keep insurance.

So it's not like I don't have a big problem with the insurance companies.

Dimnos Apr 27th, 2009 12:00 PM

I have talked to one Canadian about the universal health care they have up there. She said it sucks. BAD. Yea everyone can get treatment.... But by everyone they mean EVERYONE. You break your arm? Have fun waiting in line all day with that broken arm while you wait for your turn. She said she was happy to pay for faster medical service.

Insurance companies are the devil! I work with an older lady who has some problem with her knee. It constantly hurts her and she has to go in twice a year and have it drained or something just so she can continue to walk. They consider it elective and she has to pay for it all herself. Other than that and the fact that she is in her 60s, she is actually in rather good health. This kind of thing happens all over the place all the time with insurance companies. Most people would be better off just putting their money in a savings account.

Tadao Apr 27th, 2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 626228)
You break your arm? Have fun waiting in line all day with that broken arm while you wait for your turn. She said she was happy to pay for faster medical service.

I'm on the do not insure list. So yeah, I would gladly wait in line with a broken arm instead of having my brother try to snap it back in place and make me a splint based based of a scene in a Die Hard movie.

Aaarg Apr 27th, 2009 02:24 PM

Insurance forms just get ya' down! What everybody needs to do... is dance!

Tadao Apr 27th, 2009 02:32 PM

Since my spine is fused, I can only pogo :tear

THANKS A LOT ASSHOLE!

Esuohlim Apr 27th, 2009 03:28 PM

Instead of studying I'm playing Doom all day

Esuohlim Apr 27th, 2009 03:30 PM

Tadao Apr 27th, 2009 03:48 PM

Esuohlim Apr 27th, 2009 04:15 PM

I'm fucking up some Cacodemons left and right :picklehat

I was obsessed with Doom when I was about seven or eight, and I haven't played it in forever :eek

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 27th, 2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 626244)
Since my spine is fused, I can only pogo :tear

THANKS A LOT ASSHOLE!

They tried to get me to fuse mine by I opted to just live with the pain instead. Bad times.

MetalMilitia Apr 27th, 2009 04:19 PM

Tadao Apr 27th, 2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 626261)
They tried to get me to fuse mine by I opted to just live with the pain instead. Bad times.

I was never given the option, it fuses on it's own. It's a super power.

Tadao Apr 27th, 2009 04:24 PM

Oh, and was buttsex involved the other night? And hook me up with you sister.

Dixie Apr 27th, 2009 04:26 PM

I'M NAKED AND I'M STILL SWEATING.
I'm going to stand in front of the freezer now.

Tadao Apr 27th, 2009 04:33 PM

Funny, that's were I put the live cam!

Aaarg Apr 27th, 2009 04:37 PM

Turkey's done!

Dixie Apr 27th, 2009 04:44 PM

Freezer was useless.
No ice cream.
:(

Fathom Zero Apr 27th, 2009 04:55 PM

HONKA HONKA

Fathom Zero Apr 27th, 2009 04:56 PM

Nothing says soothing cold like rich, creamy Haagen Dazs.