I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Pub Lover May 26th, 2009 09:19 PM

:pagebrak

Kitsa May 26th, 2009 09:24 PM

It actually happens a lot. Tell someone you're allergic to shrimp (which, by the way, is also true) and they act very understanding. Tell someone you're allergic to honey and they roll their eyes...who the hell is allergic to honey?

I carry an allergy kit with me. As soon as I feel something happening, I take a pill and usually that stops it. If it doesn't, I have additional pills and an inhaler. Failing all that, I have an epi-pen. It's a sinister-looking thing and I'm afraid of it.

Anyway, the restaurant situation is complicated. I am trying to keep family happy by keeping family friends happy. The family friend in question makes all the restaurant selections, is a force to be reckoned with, is a senior citizen and is in poor health. I'm not in quite the "screw you, I'm not going there" position I'd like to be in. It was very much a keep-the-peace thing, where I vowed to avoid the honey dessert (and any possible honey-containing breads or lunchmeats) and keep my trap shut.

It would have gone quite well this time if not for the hair.

Colonel Flagg May 26th, 2009 09:31 PM

I've been to many restaurants and received bits of glass, staples and the odd slug in the salad, but fortunately no hairs. At least none that I know about (and that's all that matters). Each instance = free meal.

And why are you being given crap about being allergic to honey? >: Anaphylactic shock is not a unique reaction after bee stings, and honey is, effectively, bee vomit. It's not rocket science, it's common sense!

Fathom Zero May 27th, 2009 12:28 AM

Fathom Zero May 27th, 2009 01:27 AM

So I herd a chiptune version of Ordinary World and I came in my pants.

Zomboid May 27th, 2009 02:09 AM

I love putting bee vomit on my toast with some peanut butter.

Kitsa May 27th, 2009 06:37 AM

I'm allergic to all kinds of stupid shit and it can be a real pain in the ass.

The only time I ever complained and got a free meal was at a Chinese buffet in Ithaca. The place was all kinds of gross already (I personally witnessed a little kid pick her nose, then stick her finger up the soft-serve nozzle), but when I poked through my noodles, there was a rubber band. Someone had just tossed a rubber-banded bunch of noodles into the pot, apparently, and it had just stayed that way. I called the manager over and showed him, and he made a big deal of yelling, "YOUR MEAL FREE! YOUR MEAL FREE!" and running away with the plate.

MetalMilitia May 27th, 2009 09:04 AM

I'd have flicked the rubber band into his fat Chinese face so it twanged off his glasses.

Kitsa May 27th, 2009 09:15 AM

fair enough.

Zhukov May 27th, 2009 09:47 AM

I've been to two Chinese buffets in my life, the first one is close to where I work, so I went there for lunch, they served fried rice and fried chicken (??), and the MSG levels gave me a migraine headache.

The second one was in Melbourne, in the docklands district, and it was absolutely delicious. They served all kinds of duck, and even quail. Hundreds (well, maybe 25) of different types of dessert all served on tiny plates, so it was like dessert tapas. Expensive, but fantastic. They even did steak. Steak! In a buffet!

Dimnos May 27th, 2009 10:15 AM

:love :love :love :love :love

Colonel Flagg May 27th, 2009 10:26 AM

I'd have thought a better name would be "Ghengis Prawns". But maybe their specialty isn't seafood.

Kitsa May 27th, 2009 10:36 AM

or clever puns.

My all-time favorite Chinese restaurant was Uncle Chen's, near where I used to work. They soaked their rice in coffee before they fried it, for some reason. I tried it at home and it tasted awful, not at all like the delicious stuff at the restaurant.

10,000 Volt Ghost May 27th, 2009 10:43 AM

We have a place called WOK & ROLL in my mall. I'll take a picture next time I'm there.

Kitsa May 27th, 2009 10:55 AM

I saw a MOON WOK once, and I was so disappointed that they didn't have Chinese space-themed decor. :(

Sam May 27th, 2009 02:57 PM

Mongolian BBQ is the best. :(

Kitsa May 27th, 2009 03:41 PM

The only thing I know about mongolian food anything is about how they used to open a vein on their horses' necks and drink the blood when they were traveling so they didn't have to stop. Never found that thought especially appetizing, so I didn't pay much attention to modern-day Mongolian restaurants.

Tadao May 27th, 2009 04:00 PM

Mongolian BBQs are where you have a buffet of uncooked food you throw into a bowl, and your own sauces, and then take to the cook. He fries it for you and gives it back to you to eat. I've never liked it all that much.

Kitsa May 27th, 2009 04:03 PM

not the same bowl I hope :/

Pub Lover May 27th, 2009 04:06 PM

Does it matter? The bowl is woven from pubic hair.

Tadao May 27th, 2009 04:07 PM

Hah, it's asian, of course it's the same bowl! There is no way in hell they are gonna waste money running twice the amount of bowls.

Kitsa May 27th, 2009 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 630000)
Does it matter? The bowl is woven from pubic hair.

:tear

Dimnos May 27th, 2009 05:17 PM

Its awesome just go try it.

Tadao May 27th, 2009 05:23 PM

My buddy who eats there all the time confirmed that they use a fresh bowl or plate. And now he is trying to make me go again. :(

Pub Lover May 27th, 2009 05:24 PM

The suggestion that I could ever do it is flattering.