I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports & Health (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   THE NBA THREAD - THE N STANDS FOR (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699285)

Pentegarn May 12th, 2008 06:59 AM

I believe that's accurate actually

Colonel Flagg May 12th, 2008 09:53 AM

Not that it matters too much; Los Angeles or San Diego, they still suck.

Colonel Flagg May 13th, 2008 09:54 PM

So, it's the Pistons vs ..... in the East. :\

WhiteRat May 13th, 2008 11:38 PM

If the Cavs can take 1 win out of Boston they've got this thing locked up. Wait a sec...If the Celtics take 1 out of Cleveland, then they've got this thing locked up as well...Who's it gonna be kiddos?

MattJack May 16th, 2008 02:21 PM

Dear Spurs,

Please die.

KTHNX
MattJack

PS Robert Horry, you are a son of a bitch.

Pentegarn May 16th, 2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattJack (Post 556103)
Dear Spurs,

Please die.

KTHNX
MattJack

PS Robert Horry, you are a son of a bitch.

You may get your wish, they might die soon, though it will likely be from old age :lol

WhiteRat May 17th, 2008 05:12 AM

The Cavs and Celts are tied up. Given the current trend as of late in the playoffs, the Celts will win the series and will continue to soak up all of the media attention.

PS - To hell with "the gay 3".

Colonel Flagg May 17th, 2008 09:21 AM

...and Minneapolis goes to the West finals again.

Talk about gay....

Colonel Flagg May 18th, 2008 08:38 PM

Fuck the Celtics. >:

I have no one left to root for, except maybe the Hornets. If they can get by the Lakers.

WhiteRat May 18th, 2008 10:07 PM

Yeah, I really wanted to see the Celtics go down. Now it's up to Detroit to do the deed. I'm also rooting for Charlotte to to face the Pistons in the Finals.

Geggy May 20th, 2008 06:38 AM

nba season is over for you guys, move along now

Pentegarn May 20th, 2008 07:16 AM

The Celts aren't in yet. If they keep playing below their potential like this, the Pistons could knock them off. That said, i still think the Celtics are going to the finals, but now I believe, as Dennis Green would say, "THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE" :lol

Geggy May 20th, 2008 08:42 AM

Ray allen sure found a hell of a time to go on a slump. Hopefully he will break out in this series and give pistons a whipping otherwise there will be trouble fo' the celts.

Pentegarn May 20th, 2008 06:14 PM

Truth be told I think this next series the Celtics will turn it on like fire. Too bad for them the Lakers will likely beat them in the end though. They are going to be too beaten up for a matchup with LA I think.

Geggy May 21st, 2008 10:29 AM

After the celts' performance last night, i think the series will most likely go 5-6 games, celts take all. They'll have to win at least one on the road, dammit. Winning one on the road would feel like winning the champ.

Dunno about lakers beating the celts in the finals, though, considering the celts owned the lakers, beating them by double digits twice over the reg season but then its an entirely different atmosphere in the postseason, so who knows

Pentegarn May 23rd, 2008 06:44 AM

Honestly, I think the Celts will be too gassed for the finals. It will most likely go 7 games, and had they not had to go 7 in the 2 previous series, I would be in agreement with you, but the Lakers are different post season than they are regular season. Kobe has shown he can drop 80 in a game when it needs to happen, and while I don't expect him to hit 80 against the Celtics, I don't think 50 is out of the question for him, add to the fact that he has help around him now that is worth a crap, and you have a tough challenge.

Truth be told, I would rather see Boston win it than LA, I just don't feel in my heart right now that they can win the finals.

Colonel Flagg May 23rd, 2008 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geggy (Post 557029)
After the celts' performance last night, i think the series will most likely go 5-6 games, celts take all. They'll have to win at least one on the road, dammit. Winning one on the road would feel like winning the champ.

Uh, now they need to win 2 games on the road to close it out in 5 games. :lol

WhiteRat May 23rd, 2008 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 557378)
Uh, now they need to win 2 games on the road to close it out in 5 games. :lol

Once again Garnett goes home without a championship. :love

Pentegarn May 24th, 2008 05:54 PM

Looks like the Spurs are who we thought they were.... old and broken

pac-man May 26th, 2008 11:08 PM

They are who we thought they were!!!

pac-man May 26th, 2008 11:14 PM

It's going to be a 7 game series between the Celts and Pistons if Detroit can hold on for the next 5:00 minutes.

GADZOOKS May 28th, 2008 11:18 AM

Guess why I am happy, guys?

pac-man May 28th, 2008 05:54 PM

Spurs/Lakers game 4, final shot by Brent Barry...

I think he was fouled, I think it was a huge no-call, and I think had it been Kobe or a flopper like Ginobli it would've been called. The Spurs only have themselves to blame for being down 3-1, but that doesn't excuse Joey "I hate Tim Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs" Crawford for watching a guy get mugged and not making the call.

END RANT

Pentegarn May 28th, 2008 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GADZOOKS (Post 557816)
Guess why I am happy, guys?

Because you are pleased with your snazzy new avatar?

Because finally milk is cheaper per gallon than gas is?

Because those bastards, they blew it up, damn them, damn them all to hell?

pac-man May 29th, 2008 03:40 AM

Anyone else think that 'Sheed will be sitting out game 7?