I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Street Fighter 2 Tournament! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17842)

Helm Jul 19th, 2005 05:04 PM

I don't play guilty gear because it looks stupid. SSF looks stupid too, but when I played it as a kid I couldn't tell because of all the 80's cool. Anyway I've been practising a little and I think I've gotten the hang of Bison pretty well in most cases. Ken occasionally destroys me if I fight him close to last, as does Sagat almost constantly. If sagat is played by the CPU on unforgiving mode, he can attack and cover himself almost 100% Especially with the fucking tiger knee eliminating air attacks.

Rongi Jul 19th, 2005 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schimid
Also, Rongi, Liquid says he's going to beat your ass down.

he still posts here?

GADZOOKS Jul 19th, 2005 05:32 PM

Woah, how did I end up with one of the best characters around?

Since Ninjavenom is dropping out and techinically no one started yet, we can still wait for a pinch hitter to take his place.

Also schimid, if you want to use that gay bracket we had for the MvC tournament as a tempelate. IM ME, I think it's on the photbucket account we made.

GADZOOKS Jul 19th, 2005 05:52 PM

Also, me a Rongi were trying to practice but netplay doesn't show up on his file menu, and we have the smae emulators.

Helm Jul 19th, 2005 06:06 PM

there's a few different 'gens' around. Get the one in this thread. If rongi doesn't find the netplay then, under the first drop-down menu, he's an idiot.

If anybody want to practise with me, again, msn or aim me. AIM is everopening

GADZOOKS Jul 19th, 2005 07:07 PM

Yeah, he did have it. But for some reason he unzipped in in Winzip classic and that's why it didn't show up.

Same here, if anyone wants to kick my ass or if we have a match my AIM is ABoatshowVisitor. :(

Schimid Jul 21st, 2005 03:01 AM

Okay, big news. The Genesis emulator is shitty and is de-synching all of our fights. Thus, we're going to migrate to MAME--it gives more problems to start up, but is much better at keeping the fights stable.

The deadlines for all fights have been extended until next Saturday, which is more than enough time for all of you to finish your fights. I'll post a link to a suitable emulator and ROM in the morning.

executioneer Jul 21st, 2005 03:33 AM

schimid are you aware that your avatar is like over a meg and a half :(

Schimid Jul 21st, 2005 03:43 AM

there's your answer

Helm Jul 21st, 2005 06:11 AM

again, rom-world or planetemu for a US or World build whatever you want. Mame emulators are a pain to play online with and what's more, the actual game is somewhat different ( bigger sprites, different AI not that it matters for versus fights, scale stuff, bounding boxes etc) so I guess more training.

Zomboid Jul 21st, 2005 07:08 AM

Yeah, I really don't like the idea of movin to mame...Got really used to my button setup for gens. I don't get why people are havin problems. Me and you had no problems schimid.

Sam Jul 21st, 2005 11:39 AM

If we play it on MAME we can play Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo :o

Helm Jul 21st, 2005 04:39 PM

if we play on mame we might as well play Alpha 2 or something

Zomboid Jul 21st, 2005 07:52 PM

Yeah, really. I liked the idea of playin it on snes or genesis cause it was really simple and everyone could do it. Makin it on mame and playing turbo or something sucks >:

GADZOOKS Jul 21st, 2005 09:31 PM

We might as well play a diffrent game then, because it's no fun desyncing constantly. :(

Chojin Jul 21st, 2005 09:54 PM

you don't play fighting games over the internets, you silly homos.

GADZOOKS Jul 21st, 2005 09:59 PM

I'm going back to nintedo, fudge it!

King Hadas Jul 21st, 2005 10:26 PM

While you guys are sorting all this crap out, now that I know how netplay works anyone here want to play some Streets of Rage with me?

ScruU2wice Jul 22nd, 2005 12:54 AM

I think I have to backout of this on account of my computer not downloading things :(

fungusamongus Jul 22nd, 2005 07:09 AM

anyone wanna play rampart? :(

Skulhedface Jul 22nd, 2005 11:23 AM

Stereotype is right, I do indeed play Guilty Gear. In my opinion it's far too underrated, as it took about a month to find ANY stores around here that carried it.

I'm still in but I have to save my matches until Monday as I have to spend this weekend out of town and possibly might not have an internet connection until later Monday afternoon.

nothing4buddha Jul 27th, 2005 11:20 PM

so i'm assuming this thing is dead right?