I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports & Health (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   2010 Major League Baseball (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69703820)

Colonel Flagg Aug 16th, 2010 11:07 AM

Now here's something you don't see everyday. A pitcher getting yanked in the seventh inning of a no-hit shutout.

Reading about it, I think that Gardenhire probably did the right thing. Still, if I were a Twin fan (WhiteRat, your thoughts?) I might want his head on a pike.

Pentegarn Aug 16th, 2010 05:33 PM

If I were a Twin fan, and I knew my manager was shielding his elbow, I would be encouraged that my manager wants our team healthy.

I would also be gripping about the bullpen giving up 2 so quickly :lol

Colonel Flagg Aug 17th, 2010 12:37 AM

At least they didn't give up 8 runs in 2 innings, blowing a 7-run lead.

Pentegarn Aug 20th, 2010 09:52 AM

Roidger Clemens will be indicted for perjury :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX2yDPHhKBQ

Justice sucks don't it Roidger?

Colonel Flagg Aug 23rd, 2010 04:59 PM

"Your honor, I mis-heard the question. I thought they were asking if I took any STEREOS."

Colonel Flagg Aug 26th, 2010 01:52 PM

Phils have certainly found some creative ways to lose games recently. :(

Geggy Aug 27th, 2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 684955)
Well, Geggy should feel a little better, after the Sox salvaged one game of the weekend series against the Yanks. They still suck, though. :(

Sox still need some more good starting pitching; is Dice-K going to get any better after coming off the DL? His first two starts were pretty pathetic.

dude it was only may. it's been an odd season for the red sox. at one point of the season, 11 players were on DL. altogether 19 players have gone on DL this season. Youk, pedroia, mike cameron and possibly jacoby ellsbury are out for the season. they were 1 game behind first place yankees in the beginning of july before avalanche of injuries came. now they're 5.5 games out. something tells me there is a conspiracy by the yankees.

new york mets :lol

Colonel Flagg Aug 27th, 2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geggy (Post 696575)
it's been an odd season for the red sox. at one point of the season, 11 players were on DL. altogether 19 players have gone on DL this season. Youk, pedroia, mike cameron and possibly jacoby ellsbury are out for the season. they were 1 game behind first place yankees in the beginning of july before avalanche of injuries came. now they're 5.5 games out. something tells me there is a conspiracy by the yankees.

To state the obvious, that's baseball. Players get injured, happens to all teams all the time. (Where is Steven Strasburg?) The main thing is to get the right guys at the right time to fill in for the injured players to impact the team in as positive a way as possible. The Yanks, though I despise the franchise, do it better than most.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geggy (Post 696575)
new york mets :lol

And the Mets do it worse than most. 3rd? highest payroll in Baseball and barely a .500 ball club. Minaya's head should have been on a platter about 18 months ago. (Where is El Blanco, anyway? :()

Geggy Aug 29th, 2010 12:10 AM

if everyone stayed healthy, red sox would easily be the championship contender.

the catch of the year. http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...79976&c_id=mlb

Colonel Flagg Sep 12th, 2010 08:31 PM

Well, it's crunch time, again, and the Phils are in the thick of a pennant race that could get real interesting later this month, as they play the Braves 6 more times, including the last series of the season. The NL West also has a bit of a logjam at the top. Could be quite the finish.

In the AL, aside from the Rays and Yanks duking it out for bragging rights, not much to talk about until the playoffs begin.

Colonel Flagg Oct 10th, 2010 10:13 PM

Well, doesn't this suck donkey dong.

Good luck, Tony. :(

The Doctor Oct 11th, 2010 06:58 AM

How about good ole Brooks Conrad, not suprised if the Braves fans lynched him after the game.

Colonel Flagg Oct 11th, 2010 03:19 PM

Shades of Billy Buckner.

Womti Oct 11th, 2010 05:40 PM

the socks are gonna win this year! :bestthread

The Doctor Oct 11th, 2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg (Post 700480)
Shades of Billy Buckner.

I made the same reference on his third error of the game last night. The Buckner thing still stings a bit as a Red Sox fan but after '04 not nearly as much. I know Conrad is a fill in at second but come on they have to have someone else they can throw in for the next game.

The Doctor Oct 11th, 2010 08:29 PM

Infante is playing second tonight, and they are up 1 - 0 early on. Seriously 4 errors over three games and it could have easily been 5, they called one a hit in game one they could have gone either way. Hopefully he didnt take a bridge home yesterday after the game.

sspadowsky Oct 12th, 2010 05:50 PM

Gotta feel for the guy. His first shot at the post-season, and he more or less loses the game single-handed.

The shame about Bill Buckner is that the error is all most people remember about him. He had a hell of a career, nearly Hall-of-Fame numbers in some categories.

Pentegarn Oct 12th, 2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 688088)
I guess, being the resident Tigers fan here, it falls to me to bring this up.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/pos...all_teach.html

So what happened is Joyce screwed up the call on out 27 and called the runner safe when clearly he was out.

Joyce owned what he did, and did so in a tearful manner. Galarraga handled it with class. He accepted the apology, accepted these things happened, and moved on. Personally I think a little blame falls to him, but the majority of it belongs to Selig.

I think Selig is the real villain here because:

1) he should reverse that call, and he did not. Galarraga has every right to be pissed at Selig (and hopefully is). In this way, Selig cost Galarraga a perfect game.

2) He should never have refused to implement instant replay more fully, especially for calls like this. Selig's desire to keep the human element in the game merely inserts the human error into the game (and while I am on Selig, he's a hypocrite, he wants the human element but turns a blind eye to steroids because it was saving baseball with the HR race it created) In this way also, Selig cost Galarraga a perfect game

I heard a funny quote about this the other day. Someone (a stand up comedian unless i am mistaken) mentioned they won't invoke instant replay because it removes the human element from the game and ruin it's purity.

Then he said, yes because steroids, birth control, the morning after pill (:lol) are a pure part of the sport. :lol

The Doctor Oct 13th, 2010 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sspadowsky (Post 700610)
Gotta feel for the guy. His first shot at the post-season, and he more or less loses the game single-handed.

The shame about Bill Buckner is that the error is all most people remember about him. He had a hell of a career, nearly Hall-of-Fame numbers in some categories.

Agreed he had a great career, I think he played like 20 years and it was horrible how he was vilified considering they had other chances to win the series and didn't.

Dimnos Oct 22nd, 2010 11:21 PM

:lol :lol HOW BOUT THEM FUCKIN RANGERS! :lol :lol

Pentegarn Oct 22nd, 2010 11:51 PM

I am surprised, but since I hate the Yankees I am also glad :lol

Colonel Flagg Oct 23rd, 2010 10:28 PM

I was expecting the Yanks to take game 6 so they could be humilited by Cliff Lee in game 7.

This works too.

Pentegarn Oct 24th, 2010 10:37 PM

Too bad about the Phillies. I wanted to see them go to the World Series again. If for nothing else so I could hear Nick McIlwain bellow "THEY DID IT!"

Babs Oct 25th, 2010 04:00 AM

This very far from being current but I thought you all would get a kick out of it.

Colonel Flagg Oct 25th, 2010 09:22 AM

Not their year. Good thing too, Texas looks like the juggernaut, BEYATCH!

Even so, that was ball 4, God DAMN YOU!!!! :explode