I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Television Shows (NEW ARCHER IN TWO :EEKS) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700634)

Fathom Zero Jun 14th, 2011 06:47 AM

I didn't know die in a fire was a thing ;_;

Kitsa Jun 14th, 2011 09:50 PM

It is. Or it was.

Started season 4 of Dexter. Met my lifetime John Lithgow butt-viewing quota in about 2 seconds.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 15th, 2011 01:52 AM

yeah. I missed that episode but I could definitely go on without seeing john lithgows butt. I saw kathy bates butt one time. bad times.

Kitsa Jun 15th, 2011 09:13 AM

Weird thing is I also saw M Butterfly, which starred John Lithgow and BD Wong (from Oz), and now I feel like my worlds of Oz and Dexter are somehow colliding.

Where did you see Kathy Bates' butt? I know there was some movie where she was in a hot tub, but I can't remember what it is.

I'm no playboy model myself so I'd better just keep quiet about her butt. :/ But manass is almost never good times.

Pentegarn Jun 15th, 2011 07:46 PM

It was "About Schmidt" with Kathy Bates' posterior in a hot tub Kitsa

kahljorn Jun 15th, 2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

BD Wong
THE PSYCHOLOGIST FROM LAW AND ORDER

Kitsa Jun 15th, 2011 09:03 PM

Continuing with Dexter. Things getting more plotholey and unlikely :(

However, John Lithgow as a serial killer is creepy. as. fuck.

AND YES KAHL ALSO THAT BUT I PREFER HIM IN DRAG AS A CHINESE OPERA STAR OR AS A PRIEST IN A PRISON, OKAY, OR WATCHING POPAZIT.COM OR SOMETHING WITH ICE T OR SNOOPY DOG DOG OR WHATEVER HIS NAME IS

http://www.twitvid.com/AQDI6

kahljorn Jun 15th, 2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

OR SOMETHING WITH ICE T
LAW AND ORDER SVU

Kitsa Jun 15th, 2011 09:46 PM

JUST WATCH THE FUCKING ZIT VIDEO KAHLJORN

kahljorn Jun 15th, 2011 09:49 PM

OKAY I DID IT WAS KINDA FUNNY

Dimnos Jun 15th, 2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 726430)
Continuing with Dexter. Things getting more plotholey and unlikely :(

Examples please? I know they are there, I just want to know what is jumping out to you.

Quote:

However, John Lithgow as a serial killer is creepy. as. fuck.
I believe he saved that season. :faint

executioneer Jun 15th, 2011 10:01 PM

i kept expecting what's his face gordon-levitt to show up

Kitsa Jun 15th, 2011 10:12 PM

Well, I'll start out in very general terms. Dexter has his stalking rituals, and he uses police department resources to get info on his potential victims. Time and time again, they show him looking up addresses, license numbers, etc. They also show him using google maps-alike (Hollywood OS) to determine good places to ambush his prey. At work.

You'd think that after the whole "Bay Harbor Butcher" thing at the very LEAST, that he might be concerned about his access being monitored. Every one of his victims could seemingly be found in his searches.

And one thing that really bothered me last season was the internal investigations officer who kept following Deb around. I didn't know that cooperation was optional with that stuff. I thought that if you refused to cooperate, that kind of put you in the crosshairs yourself.

Other than that, it was just a ton of little stuff, from body-hiding to people who seemed to have fatal dumbass lack of observation flaws, to things that seemed to have a remarkable lack of consequences.

Esuohlim Jun 15th, 2011 10:59 PM

I couldn't watch Dexter anymore after watching the Wire. I stopped after Season 3, which I didn't like at all. I know they're two completely different shows, but those are the only two crime shows I've ever seen and Dexter is complete shit by comparison.

Dimnos Jun 15th, 2011 11:56 PM

No breaking bad milhouse? :eek

Esuohlim Jun 16th, 2011 12:54 AM

Not yet :x I've got quite a list of shows to get around to

Kitsa Jun 16th, 2011 06:58 AM

I'm in the middle of reading the first Dexter book, too, the one the shows are based off of. I think that even though the book came first, the show kind of ruined it for me. I've already got the characters pictured in my head, and so on. And now I can't say "Oh, they were really true to the book." I've heard that later in the series the book and the tv show diverge almost completely.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 16th, 2011 10:47 AM

yeah, I think Dexter has a girl in the book....then later he might be a canibal.

Tadao Jun 16th, 2011 06:27 PM

Watching Wipeout always makes me feel happy.

Kitsa Jun 16th, 2011 06:30 PM

I refuse to watch Wipeout. I will only watch Count Takeshi's Castle, or MXC in a pinch.

Tadao Jun 16th, 2011 06:49 PM

I got bored with those. I used to watch Ninja Warrior religiously.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jun 16th, 2011 07:22 PM

I love some wipeout. The winter wipeout is especially brutal.

Love some ninja warrior as well. Was really disappointed with the american episode though.

Tadao Jun 16th, 2011 07:38 PM

My Direct TV dropped that stupid channel just before the American Ver 2 was aired. Ninja warrior was the only reason I watched that channel. I even forget it's stupid name. The one that was all about computers and then they turned all about the lols.

Dimnos Jun 16th, 2011 07:39 PM

I could never get into Ninja Warrior as it just wasnt funny. Wipeout is great though. :lol

kahljorn Jun 16th, 2011 07:54 PM

i watched soem breaking bad last night on amc and its a pretty neat show :O