I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Day of Media Observence (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25240)

kahljorn Mar 6th, 2007 05:14 PM

how ironic that out of all the sources she would use she would use Alfred Korzybski, founder of general semantics, a philosopher of language. He said that using correct language is necessary to express meaning properly. Also that our perception and experience of the world is often rooted in our language, but that was an idea already around (i think). Somewhat similar to Sapir-Wharf.
lol :(

You know she just uses google search to find something to support her.

Wikipedia:
In simplified form, the "essence" of Korzybski's work was the claim that human beings are limited in what they know by (1) the structure of their nervous systems, and (2) the structure of their languages. Human beings cannot experience the world directly, but only through their "abstractions" (nonverbal impressions or "gleanings" derived from the nervous system, and verbal indicators expressed and derived from language). Sometimes our perceptions and our languages actually mislead us as to the "facts" with which we must deal. Our understanding of what is going on sometimes lacks similarity of structure with what is actually going on. He stressed training in awareness of abstracting, using techniques that he had derived from his study of mathematics and science. He called this awareness, this goal of his system, "consciousness of abstracting." His system included modifying the way we approach the world, e.g., with an attitude of "I don't know; let's see," to better discover or reflect its realities as shown by modern science. One of these techniques involved becoming inwardly and outwardly quiet, an experience that he called, "silence on the objective levels."

he also created English Prime or whatever in which you talk without using the word "Is" ot "To be". The reason you do this is to avoid associating with something on an eternal basis (that one's hard to explain). Like if you said "John is flying" it means he's in a state of flight and according to the statement he should never stop flying because he IS flight, plus john himself is not actually flying. It just happens to be a place he's at in one certain time, thus he says we should say things like, "John is currently in an airplane flying to australia."
He also invented "The map is not the territory" which is an extension of that and means that.. for example, a book about god isn't actually god. Um.. a... map is not the same as the territory it represents. crap like that. Basically, our ideas or abstractions of things aren't the same as the concrete physical objects/processes they are supposed to represent.

kahljorn Mar 6th, 2007 05:20 PM

idea that you can achieve maximum human happiness by inertia and inaction or by passively and uncommittedly “enjoying yourself”"

lol yea your little friend understands that ideal am i right.

why did you pick these to "Support" you? Or really, to make you look smart? Because you just look retarded. You don't share any of the traits he is talking about, and I doubt either one of you has ever sincerely tried to improve yourself.

Lenor Mar 6th, 2007 05:24 PM

I didn't google any of that. :eek

A good friend of myn, sent me a copy of it several months ago.

kahljorn Mar 6th, 2007 05:29 PM

what's the difference between googling it and receiving it in an e-mail? Go read a book, jackass. Try to actually improve yourself and use your brain instead of being a constant bane.

how do you like that rhyme

Lenor Mar 6th, 2007 05:29 PM

Kahl, what in hell are you talking about?

Lenor Mar 6th, 2007 05:36 PM

Irrational thinking came up, so I posted a article. I never said that I wrote it, had anything to do with it, nor anyone that I know.

I look stupid?

Your criticizing me, on behalf of someone else's work. Why, would it bother me?

kahljorn Mar 6th, 2007 05:36 PM

Irrational Idea No. 7
à idea that you can more easily avoid facing many life difficulties and self responsibilities than undertake more rewarding forms of self discipline

Irrational Idea No. 8
à idea that you past remains all important and that because something once strongly influenced your life, it has to keep determining your feelings and behavior today

Irrational Idea No. 10
à idea that you can achieve maximum human happiness by inertia and inaction or by passively and uncommittedly “enjoying yourself”

read those then reread what i said. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out, unless you're as stupid as everyone thinks you are.

kahljorn Mar 6th, 2007 05:38 PM

I'm not criticizing the work, I like Alfred Korzybski. Obviously, you posted it without understanding the meaning, and that is what I'm talking about. If you post something, expect it to be discussed. Otherwise, don't post it.

What I'm doing is applying the meaning of alfred korzysbki to your retarded face.

kahljorn Mar 6th, 2007 05:41 PM

I don't know maybe you don't get the irony of posting something to look smart that only makes you look even dumber.
To me it's slightly on the hilarious side.

Lenor Mar 6th, 2007 05:43 PM

err.. does'nt matter.

kahljorn Mar 6th, 2007 05:46 PM

Yes I already covered that aspect of your behavior:
Irrational Idea No. 7

à idea that you can more easily avoid facing many life difficulties and self responsibilities than undertake more rewarding forms of self discipline

MattJack Mar 6th, 2007 05:50 PM

Kahl you are nasty

kahljorn Mar 6th, 2007 05:55 PM

Yea I was going to add, "I'm a fucking jerk" onto my last post :(

MattJack Mar 6th, 2007 05:57 PM

noooooooo. I was throwing you the alley oop so you could slam dunk with:

But I don't give a damn

kahljorn Mar 6th, 2007 06:04 PM

BUT I DONT GIVE A DAMN

MattJack Mar 6th, 2007 06:07 PM

high five

kahljorn Mar 6th, 2007 06:25 PM

Down low!!!
actually I am kind of high though ;o

basketball analogies are great. I should start using them more often to explain psychology.

Lenor Mar 6th, 2007 10:41 PM

Dammit Matt, you sure got me there!

Walking fucking brain trust you sure are.

Gabby GaGa Mar 7th, 2007 12:01 AM

What's truly funny?
If I'm so damned stupid,
why are you people writing 500+ word responses?
I've given you fools something to talk about
Why don't I spell check or even bother to read my documents over?
Because I'm not keen on impressing people who spend every waking moment on the Internet.
For gods sakes, get out and DO something.
Creative vandalism could be involved.
Unlike certain individuals,
I'm not sitting here scrutinizing my work, thinking "Will the INTERNET junkies accept me"
NO! NO THEY WON"T!! I need to REWRITE THIS!!!!!
and consequently spend the next 20 minutes plotting in which way
I can "zing" the messageboard bitch.
My writing earned me two awards and a book deal.
what has your done?
hmm?
For Hinduism:
My dear sir,
You have your half-ass on backwards. Buddhism (teachings of Siddartha) is the sect
that strives for nothingness. Siddartha developed his ideas in Retaliation to Hinduism
because he saw that the world was too involved with itself.
Do you even know the origins or history of Hinduism?
sounds like you don't.

kahljorn Mar 7th, 2007 12:20 AM

yes. I think you're the one who doesn't know the history.

the first form of vedic hinduism is filled with violent gods, not humans becoming gods and living a life of luxury. Dumbass. The word bliss doesn't mean living in pleasure, it means not living at all.
Just like in Turiya the ultimate step is disassociation from self and mind entirely, and entering nothingness. Or how Moksha is entering nothingness, or union with everything (same difference). Samsara or the wheel of life and death comes from hinduism, and one of the meanings of it is that remaining attached to worldly pleasures will have you reincarnated as a jerkcow.
Secondly, yoga dumbhead. Do you know the eight steps of yoga? What are the first three if not disassociation from the self.. and then one pointed meditation. not pointed on the self.
you don't understand the purpose of spirituality at all. Why do they even differentiate between the self and the supreme self (atman) at all if it's all about worshipping of the self? It's about worshipping of a supreme, godly self that is far beyond the self of worldly pleasures.
What about MOKSHA? Do you even know what that or Samadhi means?

thepoint of hindu philosophy is to uh gain the truth by removing your self and own personal bias from situations/thought, much like any other philosophy in the entire world. You're so stupid.

MattJack Mar 7th, 2007 12:23 AM

kahljorn Mar 7th, 2007 12:31 AM

from the university of virginia.

The Indus Valley Civilization thrived in Northwest India from the middle of the third milleniumB.C. to the middle of the second millenium B.C. The civilization was a well developed culture centered aroundtwo major cities, Mohenjo-Daro and Harappa. 6 Indo-Aryans, a nomadic tribe, began to migrate into this area around 1500 B.C., roughly the same time as the mysterious disappearance of the Indus Valley civilization. The religious scriptures of the Indo-Aryans, the Vedas , serve as the most widely aknowledged basis forHinduism. The Vedas are said to be the eternal truths of the religion and are upheld as the supreme authority for Hinduism. 7
The Vedic Period (2000 B.C. - 400 B.C.)
The Vedic literature of this period shows four consecutive stages in which they were recorded: Samhitas or Mantras , Brahmanas, Aranyakas , and Upanishads . 8 The Samhitas were hymns in praiseof the dieties. The Hindu ideas of dharma and karma were derived from the Vedic Mantras conception of rita , or cosmic order.The gods were guardians of this cosmic order and so they had to be propitiated by means of sacrifice. 9 Thus, the age of the Samhitas was suceeded by the age of the Brahmanas , texts dealing with the meaning and technicalities of these sacrificial rituals. 10 During this age, priesthood became all powerful, the four stages of life were formulated, and new doctrines began to appear. 11 Most important of these new doctrines was that of transmigration and caste. Itwas originally believed that one was liable to death, even in heaven. Now, the Brahmanas had declared that all beings must be reborn over and over again, in an endless cycle. From transmigration arouse the need to be released ( moksha ) from the earthly and heavenly existence. 12
The age of the Brahmanas was followed by the age of the Aranyakas and Upanishads , philosophical and mystical texts dealing with the quest for atman , the knowledge of the self. It was during this period that the foundations of Hinduism were solidly laid. Gods and sacrifices receded into the background and the quest to realize ultimate reality became essential. The Upanishads contain one main theme, the unity of the individual soul or atman and the one impersonal and absolute univeral spirit or Brahman .

See? you're stupid.

MattJack Mar 7th, 2007 12:37 AM

"Wait wait
What is with these
responses I have to actually
read and process
You clearly have
no education because you have
no college credits
My writings are far superior
because not everyone can
get published or get random
unimportant awards"

kahljorn Mar 7th, 2007 12:39 AM

actually at this point I'm convinced you're talking about the vocations you're supposed to hold at certain periods in your life. Yes, sex and fulfilling worldly deeds are a part of that - but that's as a part of the LIFE PROCESS. First you're a celibate student, then you own a business ad try to make money, then you reproduce and have children, then you attain Moksha. The ultimate spiritual goal isn't to make money and reproduce, those are just necessary cause you know you have to fuck to have children and the world would break otherwise.
That's just social organizing ;(

Indians don't even hold hands in public or touch eachother because it's weird, and there's plenty of other things that substantiate you being a bullshitter.

Johnnie Mar 7th, 2007 12:40 AM

Just make her feel accepted people, I mean, she's been to india 3 times and got book deals and whatnot