I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Impress me with your injuries. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69706932)

k0k0 Aug 13th, 2011 12:11 PM

I was just climbing a ladder barefoot and took a misstep, leaving my toenail as the only thing holding up 195 pounds of me. This lead to my toenail being ripped off and there's blood everywhere. I dunno if a toenail being pulled off is grounds to go to the hospital. I wrapped a paper towel around the toe really tightly, so hopefully it stops bleeding, but god is the blood seeping through the towel.

Womti Aug 13th, 2011 01:41 PM

I have two scars on my face from trying to commit suicide by throwing my temple into a stairway while high on dxm :|

Kitsa Aug 13th, 2011 02:31 PM

Koko...not sure, might warrant a visit to an urgent care center if it doesn't stop bleeding. I slammed my finger in a metal door once and not only burst open the tip but also had so much blood trapped under the fingernail that they had to drill a hole in it to let it out.

Kitsa Aug 13th, 2011 02:32 PM

At any rate, feel better soon, toenail stuff sucks.

k0k0 Aug 13th, 2011 02:47 PM

It's better now. The bleeding stopped for the most part. Just looks really bad. I can't find where the toenail went though, not that it matters. I appreciate the support of my fucked foot.

Tadao Aug 13th, 2011 03:42 PM

One time I masturbated so much that my dick got scabs.

Pentegarn Aug 13th, 2011 05:01 PM

For half a second I thought you said scabies instead of scabs

Kitsa Aug 13th, 2011 08:38 PM

I have an ankle update. I called the ortho surgeon on Friday like I was supposed to and the assistant said he'd try to pull some strings to get me seen and that he would call me back at his convenience (his words). I guess his convenience didn't happen the rest of the day because I never heard back.

He also asked why I didn't have an MRI if it's a confirmed fracture and it was like, I don't fucking know, that wasn't my call, ok?

Meanwhile, my ankle is doing this clicking thing every time I step on it and there's now a big dent missing from the side of the ankle-bone that sticks out. That must be the place where the bone ripped off.

Sort of sore, but more of a weird unpleasant floppy feeling.

Colonel Flagg Aug 15th, 2011 12:25 AM

Mentioned this in the chat thread, but I seriously f-ed up both my knees doing something completely inane - crawling around for 2 hours on a tile floor looking for a small rubber ball. I thought I might need surgery the pain was so bad, but it turned out chiropractic care got me most of the way back.

I've been wearing only one knee brace about every other day for about a week now, and have been trying to do more "deep-knee-bends" to improve strength and flexibility, but it still hurts like hell. I'm probably headed for surgery at some point in the future, but I want to have it on my own terms, dammit, and not on my knee's terms.

@Kit - That loose and floppy feeling describes my ankles every blessed day. >: Having 51-year-old connective tissue sucks serious ass.

Colonel Flagg Aug 15th, 2011 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 737536)
[If forced to use the right hand early in life,] leftys can become ambidextrous, which I can assure you from experience is a useful skill. It doesn't often work though :(

In college I stupidly tried to teach myself to write legibly with my left hand. (Practice did not make perfect, apparently. :() I can still do it, if push comes to shove, and I have incentive, as my daughter is a lefty. It's still pretty hard, though.

Kitsa Aug 15th, 2011 01:01 AM

knee pain is horrible. I'm a bit of a pain-snob, and some of the worst pain I have ever experienced has been accidentally kneeling on a piece of gravel.

Never heard back from the ortho's office, so I'll start pestering them again tomorrow. We're now a week out from the fracture, and I don't want to get into the situation where I have to have a surgery to re-break it and set it right.

And, of course, the toddler nature class I've been waiting forever to secure a spot in starts tomorrow, and it's a two hour hike. Going to have to wrap the ankle and pray they don't do a steep or treacherous trail (how bad could it be with a group of toddlers, right?)

LordSappington Aug 15th, 2011 02:21 AM

Not really an injury, but more of a medical update.
Been on diuretics for a few weeks now, to hopefully drain some fluid build-up in this sac behind my cochlea. I guess it's working, because I'm not having as many vertigo attacks. So this means they'll probably put a shunt in that sac, where they cut in behind my ear, rummage around, make an incision in that sac, and stick a tube in it.

kahljorn Aug 15th, 2011 06:32 AM

i fell down and got banned :(

its not a good place to be guys

Pentegarn Aug 15th, 2011 07:52 AM

Put a banned-aid on it :rimshot

Colonel Flagg Aug 16th, 2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahljorn (Post 737931)
i fell down and got banned :(

You could have gotten beaned.

Colonel Flagg Aug 16th, 2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 737896)
[...] they cut in behind my ear, rummage around, [....]

Good idea, sapster. No telling what they might find....

k0k0 Aug 16th, 2011 02:20 PM

I don't know if this counts as an injury, but back in 2001 I was chewing on one of those little tabs you use to open drinks, bending it with my mouth and shit, when I heard a crunch. Part of my tooth chipped off. I haven't fixed it since it makes me look funnier.

Esuohlim Aug 17th, 2011 01:50 AM

I JUST BIT MY TONGUE

IMPRESSED?

executioneer Aug 17th, 2011 01:53 AM

i broke my tooth and had to pull part of it out with a leatherman last weekend

Fathom Zero Aug 17th, 2011 01:57 AM

OH FUCK NO

executioneer Aug 17th, 2011 02:01 AM

lousy azn trailmix with extra hard bits in it

Sam Aug 17th, 2011 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 738407)
I JUST BIT MY TONGUE

IMPRESSED?

I just bit my tongue while I was sneezing, and I sneezed all over the computer screen.

YOU JUST BEEN ONE-UPPED MY MAN.

Aaarg Aug 17th, 2011 02:05 AM

jesus christ dude what the fuck

i ate pop corn earlier and every time i do that i get a chunk lodged between some teeth or between tooth&gum and it's irritating as hell and this time there's something lodged behind a fucking wisdom tooth goddammit

let me see your leatherman

Aaarg Aug 17th, 2011 02:06 AM

i bit my tongue while sneezing and i bit the tip off and so i sneezed and sprayed blood all over my computer screen so what deal with it

Sam Aug 17th, 2011 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaarg (Post 738420)
jesus christ dude what the fuck

I know man, it really hurt and plus I had to get up to find something to clean my screen with so it was also inconvenient.