I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The whole Octuplets thing. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69701622)

ZeldaQueen Feb 21st, 2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Robot (Post 615161)
Hey guys I just got here, whats this thread about?

Started out about a woman who artificially got herself pregnant with eight kids (originally seven, but one egg became twins). It then moved to child abuse and (most recently) Vapor's friend's girlfriend screwing a horse.

Kitsa Feb 21st, 2009 01:44 PM

:suicide

VaporTrailx1 Feb 22nd, 2009 02:48 AM

everyone moves down a notch.

kahljorn Feb 22nd, 2009 05:36 AM

look at this litter:
http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content...2/15219838.jpg

pac-man Feb 22nd, 2009 06:23 AM

The one on the bottom right still looks like a fetus.

Kitsa Feb 22nd, 2009 09:22 AM

:/

They don't begin to accumulate their fat until the very very end. They were probably all fighting for nutrients in utero, so premature or not some of them were bound to come up with the short end of the stick.

pac-man Feb 22nd, 2009 12:05 PM

Yeah, but it still looks like the juicy, translucent fetuses you see in books.

Kitsa Feb 22nd, 2009 01:38 PM

I assure you they're not juicy.

kahljorn Feb 22nd, 2009 01:49 PM

yea, im not expert but i practically guarantee these kids are gonna be fucked for life ;o

from what i remember even twins of opposite sex, can't remember the name, end up having a lot ofproblems. Like at least one of them ends up being infertile in a certain percentage of cases.

pac-man Feb 22nd, 2009 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 615361)
I assure you they're not juicy.

Only if you overcook 'em. :yum

ZeldaQueen Feb 22nd, 2009 10:34 PM

Fraternal twins, kahljorn.

But hey, maybe they'll turn out to have some weird mind connection. I had fraternal twins in my homeroom in high school and they wrote in the school yearbook that one would start to tell about a dream they'd have and find out the other had the same dream.

And hey, if each of those kids grows up learning how to play an instrument, they make money as a one family band. Like the Jackson Five, only without the whole plastic surgery craziness.

Colonel Flagg Feb 22nd, 2009 10:34 PM

Yes, DHS in many large cities does a piss poor job of protecting children that need protection. In Philly a special needs child (CP and mild MR) was left with her mother even though the estranged father had alerted authorities that he feared abuse and/or neglect. DHS did not have the resources to oversee more than about 20% of their cases, so this particular case was subcontracted to a somewhat disreputable agency. Records were falsified, visits that never happened were recorded as being satisfactory. The upshot was that the girl died of malnutrition and sepsis (bedsores, from being left in one position for days at a time) and Mom was brouht up on charges. DHS took it on the chin, with several caseworkers being fired - the major FU to the city was that Mom (!) and Dad filed suit against DHS and the city stating they should have taken the child.

This occurred over a year ago, and the ramifications are still being felt throughout the system. Adoptions are on the rise, and parents whose children are in the system are being held to a higher standard of fitness. Foster parents are being given more rights at an earlier time, and the children are FINALLY being given the right to grow up without fear of abuse or neglect - there is a time limit (guideline) that is being adhered to of roughly 15-22 months in the system where a decision must be made as to a permanancy plan for a child who is a ward of the state.

It's sad that children must die in such circumstances for any substantive changes to occur.

BTW, Kitsa is right, this thread is incredibly depressing.

ZeldaQueen Feb 22nd, 2009 11:03 PM

Even more depressing than usual. I just finished watching An American Crime on YouTube. It's about the abuse and eventual murder of Sylvia Likens (and how all these kids were in on it and no one called the police until she died).

kahljorn Feb 23rd, 2009 04:45 AM

guh ;[

Colonel Flagg Feb 23rd, 2009 01:14 PM

An 11 year old boy in Western PA shot and killed his father's pregnant 26 year-old girlfriend. Her 4-year old daughter discovered the body.

Makes me want to puke. :x

pac-man Feb 23rd, 2009 01:17 PM

I think I read about that. Didn't he just do it and get on the schoolbus like nothing happened?

kahljorn Feb 23rd, 2009 02:31 PM

yea and i read that he didn't even hate his step-mom (supposedly). He just did it like spur of the moment or something.

Kitsa Feb 23rd, 2009 02:40 PM

budding sociopath?

RaNkeri Feb 23rd, 2009 03:41 PM

I remember reading that the mother of the octuplets spend money on plastic surgeries to look more like Angelina. Apparently she feels that she and Angelina are the same because they both have lots of kids.

Atleast Angelina can take care of her kids :eek

RaNkeri Feb 23rd, 2009 03:49 PM

:lol

:(

Kitsa Feb 23rd, 2009 04:30 PM

Does that say 14 orders of breadsticks?

RaNkeri Feb 23rd, 2009 04:36 PM

Yeah

Evil Robot Feb 23rd, 2009 04:52 PM

Forumwarz? Rubor Dolor Calor Tu..?

Evil Robot Feb 23rd, 2009 04:55 PM

TUMOR!! Your stomach hurts?

Jeanette X Feb 23rd, 2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaNkeri (Post 615582)
I remember reading that the mother of the octuplets spend money on plastic surgeries to look more like Angelina.

Her mother says that her face gets swollen during pregnancy and that it isn't surgical.