I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   LET'S ARGUE ABOUT VIDEO GAMES (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697142)

Zomboid Jul 13th, 2008 09:01 PM

Did you watch your monsters play with humans in that game? Because from the sounds of it, that's all you do here. That, and hook it up with your other nintendo products to enjoy more bullshit.

I love how you always claim the 360 has nothing but shooters. I'm not even going to bother starting up that old argument again because it's pointless. There are a lot of great games from different genres on it and it's as simple as that.

And again with the frat thing? Are you really such an insecure little basement dweller that you feel the need to take weak little jabs at the people you seem to think you're so above? You're not deep and misunderstood, you're not smarter than the vast majority of the guys who are in frats and enjoy binge drinking, and you're never going to have sex with a woman without paying for it.

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 09:02 PM

Quote:

Are you really such an insecure little basement dweller that you feel the need to take weak little jabs at the people you seem to think you're so above? You're not deep and misunderstood, you're not smarter than the vast majority of the guys who are in frats and enjoy binge drinking, and you're never going to have sex with a woman without paying for it.
Time for another round of Spot the Irony!

Zomboid Jul 13th, 2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 568130)
HI I'M SEVEN YEARS OLD AND I REALLY WISH I COULD PLAY AN INNOVATIVE GAME THAT TAKES "another revolutionary step forward for the gaming industry" GOD I WISH I HAD THAT

Somehow, I get the feeling you'll be getting the game anyway. I can't imagine the mentality of weird, ugly artist wannabes and little kids would be too terribly different.

Maaaaaaan I wish we would get mario paint for the wii!!!! I could use my wiimote to paint and stuff. That's the direction I want video games to head in. Thank you, nintendo :)

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 09:03 PM

For the record, no, I'm not universally misunderstood.

I think it's just you and/or Gadzooks. But he's funny about it.

bigtimecow Jul 13th, 2008 09:04 PM

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 09:04 PM

Also, you best not be talking shit about Mario Paint, I will FUCK YOU UP.

Zomboid Jul 13th, 2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 568136)
Time for another round of Spot the Irony!

I have friends, I have a great paying summer job, and I'm going back to college in the fall.

You have no real life friends, you are an awkward little shit who probably couldn't even make it at a mcdonald's, and you've been in the psych ward.

Yeah, it's the pot calling the kettle black alright.

bigtimecow Jul 13th, 2008 09:07 PM

OH MY GOD GUITAR WOMAN WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO

oh man i have friends and that makes me THE MAN. i have a summer job that makes me THE MAN. i'm going to college and that makes me THE MAN

YOU ARE THE MAN ZOMBOID

THE MAN

Zomboid Jul 13th, 2008 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 568140)
Also, you best not be talking shit about Mario Paint, I will FUCK YOU UP.

I don't see too many bulbous nosed dj connors so if I see an especially frail looking one trying to look inconspicuous, I'll remember that.

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 09:08 PM

I was referring to the part where you told me that I continue to make weak jabs at you because I think I'm a better person, and then you proceeded to tell me that I am an idiot who has no friends and will never have sex

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 09:09 PM

I have to explain my simplistic posts to you and you're calling me the idiot?

bigtimecow Jul 13th, 2008 09:09 PM

oh and straw man argument

Zomboid Jul 13th, 2008 09:12 PM

Thanks, dude. I thought what made you the man was spending your time trying a bunch of different pizzas, informing people on the internet about your plans to make a big supper for yourself and/or your fat, disgusting lady friend (and then posting pictures of the aforementioned supper), and defending other zit faced losers.

But again, thanks!

Zomboid Jul 13th, 2008 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 568145)
I was referring to the part where you told me that I continue to make weak jabs at you because I think I'm a better person, and then you proceeded to tell me that I am an idiot who has no friends and will never have sex

I understood your post. I am a better person. I thought the following post explained why.

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 09:14 PM

Also, no, I will probably never have sex, as I'm what people who know what long words mean refer to as misogynistic.

Incredibly misogynistic.

bigtimecow Jul 13th, 2008 09:14 PM

i spent my time trying a bunch of different pizzas with MY FRIENDS. i made a big supper for myself because i have money from my SUMMER JOB. i go to COLLEGE with zit faced losers.

sounds familiar? :lol

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

I understood your post. I am a better person. I thought the following post explained why.
Because you're boinking some blonde slut and pouring Busch down your gullet, then telling everyone on the internet about it while fiercely arguing with a 17 year old about whether the Wii is a good console or not?

Fuckin' A, man, live the dream.

bigtimecow Jul 13th, 2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 568152)
Also, no, I will probably never have sex, as I'm what people who know what long words mean refer to as misogynistic.

Incredibly misogynistic.

come on gw, sex makes you THE MAN : peerpressure

Zomboid Jul 13th, 2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 568153)
i spent my time trying a bunch of different pizzas with MY FRIENDS. i made a big supper for myself because i have money from my SUMMER JOB. i go to COLLEGE with zit faced losers.

sounds familiar? :lol

Yeah, I'm sure your yellowcard t-shirt wearing friends are real winners too. Hey, did you bring em to meet your other friends, eric and emily? You guys could have a swell time together.

I spend my summer job money on tuition, video games, trips, and other fun stuff. I think I'll take a cue from you though and say "WHAT THE HECK! I'M GONNA MAKE MYSELF A BIG SUPPER AND POST SOME PICS ONLINE!"

People at my school aren't zit faced losers for the most part. Some are, yeah, but that's to be expected. I usually just make fun of people like that for being different and/or ugly.

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 09:20 PM

Is everyone in your town as ignorant as you?

bigtimecow Jul 13th, 2008 09:20 PM

YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT MY FRIENDS >:

and man, i wish i went to your school so i could be like all your cool friends :(

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 09:21 PM

Is everyone in the WORLD like this?

Am I part of a group of select people who aren't mouth breathing idiots?

bigtimecow Jul 13th, 2008 09:23 PM

we are missing the point of this thread, like, a lot

i'm sorry Z, can you forgive me?

Zomboid Jul 13th, 2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 568152)

Incredibly misogynistic.

Oh yeah, you're a real scholar for knowing that one. You're an idiot. I treat plenty of girls like shit and sometimes they hate me for it, and other times they laugh, call me an asshole, and get off on it or something. I don't know. What I do know, is that claiming you won't get laid because you're misogynistic is a load of shit.

MetalMilitia Jul 13th, 2008 09:25 PM

Yeah let's argue about video games. I think the Wii is shit, who's with me?

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 09:26 PM

It's less about me hating women and more about me having standards, really.

I just hate everyone who doesn't meet them, which is a lot of people.

bigtimecow Jul 13th, 2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 568166)
Yeah let's argue about video games. I think the Wii is shit, who's with me?

i disagree! but i can understand your point of view!

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 09:28 PM

I enjoy my Wii. It's got a great bunch of games, like Mario Strikers Charged and No More Heroes!

Zomboid Jul 13th, 2008 09:28 PM

Yeah gw, there's plenty of people like me in the world. Thing is, you're not some genius who's just different than us and will SHOW THEM ALL someday. You're just a sad, weird little kid who is an emotional cripple. But yeah, keep thinking of the internet as your sanctuary. It'll probably save you from having the shit kicked out of you a few times when you're caught staring at girls in public.

Enjoy life!

MetalMilitia Jul 13th, 2008 09:29 PM

The thing about Wii that I don't like is it has too many games about raising horses and not enough historically accurate war sims.

Zomboid Jul 13th, 2008 09:30 PM

I'm with you, metal! I think my wii is a piece of shit and I only use it for the occasional game of super smash bros or the virtual console!

bigtimecow Jul 13th, 2008 09:32 PM

oh come on, a historically accurate war sim?

show me

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 09:32 PM

Likewise, I think the 360 is for 5 year olds and stupids

Special credit goes out to Mass Effect for being the most boring politics simulator in human history

Zomboid Jul 13th, 2008 09:34 PM

I hate to quote ED for anything, but after chojin and gw internet memed the shit out of the xbox 360 achievement kid thing, I feel it's acceptable:

Best selling Wii games as of December 2007:[1]
  1. Wii Sports - MINIGAMES
  2. Wii Play - MINIGAMES
  3. Wii fit - MINIGAMES and fat loser's favourite past time
  4. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - LAWL, it's a Gamecube game.
  5. Mario Party 8 - MINIGAMES
  6. Super Mario Galaxy - OMG! I LOVE MARIO!
  7. Wario Ware: Smooth Moves - MICROGAMES
  8. Super Paper Mario - MOAR FUCKING MARIO!
  9. Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree - MINIGAMES
  10. Mario Strikers Charged - HOLY FUCKING JESUS CHRIST ON A POGO STICK! I CAN'T GET ENOUGH MARIO!
  11. Rayman Raving Rabbids - MINIGAMES
  12. Red Steel - 5.5
  13. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption -Holy shit it's a sequel, get in my Wii!
  14. Resident Evil 4 - LOL, it's another Gamecube port.

MetalMilitia Jul 13th, 2008 09:36 PM

Guitar women, the day you actually play a game before providing us with a "review" is the day I start giving a shit about your opinion.

bigtimecow: I don't actually think "historically accurate war sim" is the right wording but I fucking love Company of Heroes and DoD:S because of all the realistic weapons and tactics.

bigtimecow Jul 13th, 2008 09:36 PM

it's not ALL about money zomboid :rollseyes

bigtimecow Jul 13th, 2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMilitia (Post 568181)
Guitar women, the day you actually play a game before providing us with a "review" is the day I start giving a shit about your opinion.

bigtimecow: I don't actually think "historically accurate war sim" is the right wording but I fucking love Company of Heroes and DoD:S because of all the realistic weapons and tactics.

i'm just kidding anyway; i hate the shit out of war games for the most part >:

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 09:38 PM

By "realistic" you mean BROWN AND GREY ENVIRONMENTS right

Zomboid Jul 13th, 2008 09:39 PM

No, but it's a pretty good indication of what the wii is popular for. Minigames and mario. Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I'd gotten my gamecube earlier than I did though. Whenever I see those big bins of games, it seems like I missed out on a lot of good games.

bigtimecow Jul 13th, 2008 09:40 PM

i can't get past the gamecube controller, i really can't. but from what i've seen there are some nice games that i wish i could use, say, the classic controller with

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 09:41 PM

You didn't play Killer 7, right?

I'd suggest getting on that if you enjoyed Silent Hill 2 at all

I also like the Gamecube controller, I don't see what everyone's problem with it is. :<

Girl Drink Drunk Jul 13th, 2008 09:43 PM

Anbody else think that the Gamecube controller resembles some cheap Fisher Price toy?

bigtimecow Jul 13th, 2008 09:44 PM

the joystick is shit, that's for sure

i'd rather use an n64 controller :o

MetalMilitia Jul 13th, 2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 568184)
By "realistic" you mean BROWN AND GREY ENVIRONMENTS right

Interesting fact: At about age 2 I was mentally developed enough to find something interesting without it containing bright pretty colours.

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 09:46 PM

So was I, but then I realized that it looked like shit.

bigtimecow Jul 13th, 2008 09:46 PM

and GW, he was talking about weapons and tactics, not environments STUPID

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 09:47 PM

Oh yeah, tactical combat is great

I can't wait to spend all my time hiding behind cover waiting for my health to regenerate

Zomboid Jul 13th, 2008 09:47 PM

I used to hate that controller. It's not very comfortable in my hands, the C-Stick takes some time to get used to, and the Z button is in a shitty spot. I don't mind it now though :\

Also, GW - Would you kindly stop editing your posts?

bigtimecow Jul 13th, 2008 09:48 PM

right? HEALTH BARS GOD

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 09:49 PM

Mabye if you'd remove your head from your ass slightly

Zomboid Jul 13th, 2008 09:50 PM

Can I expect a completely different post to be there in a few minutes when you realize how ineffective that one is?

bigtimecow Jul 13th, 2008 09:50 PM

Maybe*

i got your back gw :love

MetalMilitia Jul 13th, 2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 568193)
So was I, but then I realized that it looked like shit.

So what would you have the developers do? When an artillery barrage hits a field it should erupt buttercups and rainbows?

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 09:53 PM

I miss surrealism in my games.

God bless Suda 51, that lion of a man.

bigtimecow Jul 13th, 2008 09:53 PM

a surrealism sim? :o

oh MAN

Zomboid Jul 13th, 2008 09:54 PM

Isn't your skewed perception of reality exciting enough? What DID those psychiatrists do to you?

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 09:56 PM

Hey, a mental health joke!

I'd be more floored by that if you hadn't cracked similar ones like 1000 other times!

bigtimecow Jul 13th, 2008 09:57 PM

JESUS ZOMBOID STRAW MAN ARGUMENT (OH AND GW EDITED HIS POST OMG FUCK HIM RIGHT)

SO ANYWAY LET'S GET BACK TO ARGUING ABOUT VIDEO GAMES AGAIN

MetalMilitia Jul 13th, 2008 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 568195)
Oh yeah, tactical combat is great

I can't wait to spend all my time hiding behind cover waiting for my health to regenerate

This is exactly what annoys me about you Guitar Woman. You make out like you know everything about games while actually having no-clue what the fuck you're talking about.

If you're playing company of heroes against a good opponent it doesn't matter how fast you can move your chubby little fingers around the keyboard. You need to think about what you're doing and have some strategy to overcome whatever they throw at you.

With regards to tactical shooters the same thing applies. You need to plan you attack, outfit your team appropriately and know how to deal with the various enemy units. If you run blindly into it with no clue what you're doing then yeah - you probably will get stuck behind a rock waiting to die.

Zomboid Jul 13th, 2008 10:01 PM

Oh fuck off. Of course arguing will lead to personal attacks. That's just the way it works. You can either ignore it, acknowledge it, or just do one or the other AND continue with arguing video games. It's not too difficult, so don't strain your nerdy little selves getting all angry about it.

Zomboid Jul 13th, 2008 10:02 PM

GEARS OF WAR 2 LOOKS FUN WHAT DO YOU THINK MM?

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 10:03 PM

Well, no arguing won't lead to personal attacks if you have any idea how to respectfully disagree with your fellow man.

You'd make a good president, Zomboid.

bigtimecow Jul 13th, 2008 10:03 PM

WELL MM, WAHT DO YOU THINK HUH?

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 10:03 PM

That depends, have they changed GoW2 completely from the first one and made it not horrible?

MetalMilitia Jul 13th, 2008 10:04 PM

Yeah I think it looks good. I must admit I never finished the first one though. I got as far as some boss dude with a load of bat-like creatures flying about him and then after a few failed attempts at beating him I gave up. :(

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 10:05 PM

Also, it took me a while to realize Company of Heroes was that RTS game, as WW2 games tend to blend together for me (especially names involving the formula [group simile] of [valiant soldier simile]). While I'm not a fan of RTS games, that one is really, really good.

bigtimecow Jul 13th, 2008 10:06 PM

the only real RTS game i can say i've played and loved over the years was warcraft 2

that's an RTS, right? :(

Guitar Woman Jul 13th, 2008 10:06 PM

That pretty much defines the genre

Fathom Zero Jul 14th, 2008 02:37 PM

No.

Command and Conquer does.

Guitar Woman Jul 14th, 2008 03:14 PM

I wouldn't know!

Girl Drink Drunk Jul 14th, 2008 03:36 PM

I'm pretty sure Dune II for the PC and Genesis was the first RTS.

Fathom Zero Jul 14th, 2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 568381)
I wouldn't know!

THAT'S EVIDENT. >:

executioneer Jul 14th, 2008 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girl Drink Drunk (Post 568390)
I'm pretty sure Dune II for the PC and Genesis was the first RTS.

and the amiga

Schimid Jul 15th, 2008 02:47 AM

Goddamn, Zomboid is so angry.

He's right though, the key to having friends is to play all of your games online and alone.

Guitar Woman Jul 15th, 2008 02:57 AM

So are we ever going to play or what

Ranked is getting a little exasperating, I met some guy with a Venom Mii who had a 15 game winning streak which I promptly broke

He apparently took offense to this and used MIND CONTROL to make my goalie fall over, run away, or dive in the complete opposite direction when faced with the task of blocking balls shot by fucking balance characters

Schimid Jul 15th, 2008 03:09 AM

Yeah, sorry.

I'd play right now but I'm out at a friend's and he thinks he lent his copy to someone else. Either way, my normal code is 386661 354279. I'm hardly ever home though, so I'll just try to catch you at some point.

And yeah, those balanced characters can be gruesome. :O

Zomboid Jul 15th, 2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schimid (Post 568603)
Goddamn, Zomboid is so angry.

He's right though, the key to having friends is to play all of your games online and alone.

No man. The key to having friends is to get the ones who are really weird, greasy, wear nintendo shirts, and who's idea of a party is mario party 47 and a bag of chips.

Fathom Zero Jul 15th, 2008 03:11 PM

To be fair, though, chips are pretty cool.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 15th, 2008 06:16 PM

Zomboid must have some pretty lame friends then.

Chips are rad.

MetalMilitia Jul 15th, 2008 06:21 PM

Guitar Hero? Rockband? Screw that. Ladies and gentlemen - THE FUTURE

How do you feel about Nintendo NOW Zomboid?

Guitar Woman Jul 15th, 2008 07:06 PM

I feel pretty good since it has both of those already

Zomboid Jul 15th, 2008 07:09 PM

I am certainly changing my tune after seeing that! Nintendo clearly knows that they're doing and are setting the bar even higher for the competition. YET ANOTHER GREAT PARTY GAME! Those people on stage look like they were having such a blast and maaaan did that music sound great. I can't wait to get some buddies over so we can look like fucking idiots while playing the mario bros theme.

Fuck guitar hero and rock band.

Guitar Woman Jul 15th, 2008 07:11 PM

To be fair, the song list in that game is probably actually better than Rock Band's.

Zomboid Jul 15th, 2008 07:16 PM

Yeah, Metroid theme, Castlevania theme, Mario bros theme, Tetris theme, etc is guaranteed to be better than a bunch of rock songs ranging from decent to classic.

Guitar Woman Jul 15th, 2008 07:29 PM

I dunno, I'd prefer the Tetris theme to Iron Maiden.

Rock Band's problem is that it was full of artists I liked, but only had their most boring, overplayed shit.

For example, say, if they had been able to get a Led Zeppelin song for the game, they would have picked something like Black Dog or Misty Mountain Hop or Kashmir, rather than a less known and infinitely better song like Achilles Last Stand or The Rover.

I'm especially disappointed with what BOC songs Rock Band and GH3 had.

Zomboid Jul 15th, 2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 568740)
I dunno, I'd prefer the Tetris theme to Iron Maiden.

Yeah, that doesn't surprise me. Even if you hate the music in rock band and the guitar hero games (because you're just weird), there was still a level of skill involved in those. In wii music, you just sit there looking like a dumbass like they demonstrated, and the notes will get hit.

Guitar Woman Jul 15th, 2008 07:41 PM

oh, don't get the wrong idea, I like GH3 a lot. But not Rock Band!

Probably more because of the lack of WiFi multiplayer on the Wii version of Rock Band than the track list, but the only Wolfmother song in the game not being available to me sorta drove the final nail into the coffin

Don't think I hate classic rock, though, I'm one of the first people to shake a walking stick and say the guitar was better when depressed sharecroppers and english guys with ridiculous perms were doing it.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 15th, 2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 568742)
In wii music, you just sit there looking like a dumbass like they demonstrated, and the notes will get hit.

SHOWS WHAT YOU KNOW.

The notes never get hit. That's why they butchered the Mario theme. Goddamn that was hard to watch :(

Zomboid Jul 15th, 2008 08:14 PM

Uh, read the press release. They said that you just have to pretend you're playing the instrument and the rest will be done for you.

Zomboid Jul 15th, 2008 08:15 PM

[10:00] Most music games require precise timing and onscreen symbol matching, he explains. Wii Music was designed instead to allow everyone to experience the joy of performing music. There's no need to closely follow notes or rhythm guides; just hold the controller like you would a real instrument and the game plays notes to match the song.

So fuck you.

Guitar Woman Jul 15th, 2008 08:23 PM

if I wanted to do that I'd just air guitar along to the mario theme :<

MetalMilitia Jul 15th, 2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 568747)
[10:00] Most music games require precise timing and onscreen symbol matching, he explains. Wii Music was designed instead to allow everyone to experience the joy of performing music. There's no need to closely follow notes or rhythm guides; just hold the controller like you would a real instrument and the game plays notes to match the song.

So fuck you.

What a piece of shit. :lol

Phoenix Gamma Jul 15th, 2008 09:47 PM

I was making fun of how the music sounded like shit, and therefore mocking the game with you.

So fuck you more.

Schimid Jul 16th, 2008 11:46 PM

GUITAR WOMAN

Where are you?

We tryn'a play some games.

Chojin Jul 17th, 2008 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 568635)
No man. The key to having friends is to get the ones who are really weird, greasy, wear nintendo shirts, and who's idea of a party is mario party 47 and a bag of chips.

shit, son

mario party?

ain't ONE BLUNT.

at REAL parties, man

you can

sip-sum-syruuup

get some fine honeys

get some NAS playin

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Guitar Woman Jul 17th, 2008 10:49 AM

I was asleep since like 6 PM yesterday

Zomboid Jul 17th, 2008 11:02 AM

I don't know what that means, Chojin. Is it an American thing? A metrosexual thing? I really don't understand.

Fathom Zero Jul 17th, 2008 12:51 PM

Fuck yeah, NAS.

Phoenix Gamma Jul 17th, 2008 01:10 PM

Chad is so ballin'. I'd party with him.

MLE Jul 17th, 2008 04:12 PM

My name's Zomboid and I get jokes.