I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sports & Health (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Major League Baseball 2008 (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699649)

WhiteRat Sep 26th, 2008 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geggy (Post 581805)

i'm getting sick and tired of sleepless nights after MLB postseason 2007, [b]NFL playoff 2008 and NBA playoff 2008...

OOOH!!!

Did you pop the bubbly at the end of the NFL Playoffs?

Colonel Flagg Sep 28th, 2008 07:16 AM

Why can't the Twins just win one from the Royals? >: They just swept the ChiSox for craps sake. It doesn't seem like either MN or Chi wants to make the playoffs. Afraid of the Rays, perhaps?

Mets/Brewers are also down to the last game. I bet MLB is loving the suspense all the way to the bank.

WhiteRat Sep 28th, 2008 11:27 AM

You're kidding about the Rays, right?

The Twins have a hangover from sweeping the hated White Sox.

Geggy Sep 28th, 2008 11:42 AM

WhiteEat,
No bubbly instead popped a blood vessel in my forehead

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Blanco (Post 582273)
Good job finishing second to the Rays.

At least they finished ahead of the yankees. Even I am surprised the sox have made it to the wild card spot after all the adversaries they have gone through this season with the buttload of injuries and the whole thing with manny ramirez. I have low expectation they will make it past first round against the Angels. Its rumored mike lowell may not play due to tear in his hip that requires surgery. And jd drew is not 100 percent with the back pain. But then they still landed the wild card spot, anything could happen.

How have you been enjoying the typical meltdown of the mets?

WhiteRat Sep 28th, 2008 06:31 PM

The Twins beat the Rays 6-0 to clinch a share of the AL Central. With the Sox winning today, they face the Tigers tomorrow in a make-up game. If they win we then have to play them in Chicago for the tie-breaker. If the Tigers for some reason decide to step up and actually try, the ol' Twins sail into the post season.

Colonel Flagg Sep 28th, 2008 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 582699)
The Twins beat the Rays 6-0 to clinch a share of the AL Central. With the Sox winning today, they face the Tigers tomorrow in a make-up game. If they win we then have to play them in Chicago for the tie-breaker. If the Tigers for some reason decide to step up and actually try, the ol' Twins sail into the post season.

Actually, the Twins beat the Royals, but maybe that was a typo.

If the Sox win, when will the extra game with the Twins take place? Tuesday?

My money is on Minnesota.

WhiteRat Sep 28th, 2008 11:23 PM

Yeah that's a typo. I watched the game today. Maybe i'm just thinking to far into the future?

The tie-breaker is tuesday in Chicago.

Colonel Flagg Sep 29th, 2008 07:16 AM

Gavin Floyd (CWS) vs Freddy Garcia (DET) today. Ex-Phillies both. If they pitched the way they did for the Phils, neither would get through the second inning. Could be an 11-10 slugfest.

Geggy Sep 29th, 2008 07:43 AM

Group hug for Blanco

Colonel Flagg Sep 29th, 2008 02:18 PM

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:...phils_logo.gif

Sure! C'mere, EB give us a squidge!

WhiteRat Sep 29th, 2008 02:56 PM

Santana was worth every penny wasn't he?

pac-man Sep 29th, 2008 04:45 PM

Omar Minaya writes some mighty big checks for the Mets to not reach the post-season.

Colonel Flagg Sep 29th, 2008 09:15 PM

Ya, I am a mor'n!

WhiteRat Sep 30th, 2008 02:04 AM

fuuuuuuck the White Suuuuuuuuuux

Colonel Flagg Sep 30th, 2008 05:40 AM

Give 'em Hell tonight, knock 'em on their kiester, Twinkies! Rah!

WhiteRat Sep 30th, 2008 10:16 AM

What's BS is that we have identical records, we won the season series 10-8, but yet they won a bullshit coin toss to see where the game would be played. Seems like it should be played in Minnesota, right?

pac-man Sep 30th, 2008 11:21 AM

Dems da breaks.... you'll still win.

WhiteRat Sep 30th, 2008 11:49 AM

What's shitty for me is that if the Twins do win, I'll miss the majority if not all of the playoffs this year due to me now working 4pm-12am.

Colonel Flagg Sep 30th, 2008 10:03 PM

Wow. That game was sucktastic.

WhiteRat Oct 1st, 2008 01:38 AM

Yes, and it should never have been played in Chicago to begin with. How is a coin necassary to determine the site of the game when we won the series 10-8?

All in all it was a good year for the Twins. They stayed in the hunt for the division title all year after losing Santana and Hunter as well as having 7 new faces in the lineup on opening day. Bring on April!

pac-man Oct 1st, 2008 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pac-man (Post 583182)
Dems da breaks.... you'll still win.

I was wrong... 1-0, though? Wow.

Colonel Flagg Oct 1st, 2008 11:10 PM

Phils 3, Brewers 1.

Hamels pitches quite a game for 8 innings, 2 hits, 0 ER, 1 BB, 9 SO really a terific outing, then Brad Lidge makes it interesting, allowing 2 hits in 1 inning, 1 BB, 1 Wild Pitch ... while striking out the side in the 9th. Oh, and the tying runs were on 2nd and 3rd.

Look, I'm all about having the guy close, he's good at it, but does he have to give me a coronary every time he comes to the mound? Is it too much to ask to get a 1-2-3 ninth once in awhile? Jeez!

CC vs Meyers tomorrow night. This matchup scares me a little.

WhiteRat Oct 2nd, 2008 02:26 AM

I'm rooting for the Phils and the Rays now. Glad to see that the Brewers lost.

Geggy Oct 2nd, 2008 10:24 AM

I have to agree that twins should have been a shoo in for the playoffs since they had the advantage over white sox during the regular season. Hopefully we'll see a rule change over that issue soon.

As for the red sox, so far, so good. Still a long way to go. It would be seriously fucked up if it was the red sox and the dodgers in the world series.

Colonel Flagg Oct 2nd, 2008 09:11 PM

Thanks Brad! I guess you heard me. :rock