I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Now that TF2 is free do we want to make a play date or something? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69706911)

Fathom Zero Aug 7th, 2011 07:48 PM

It was a train of raped backed up by my ORIGINAL.

Sam Aug 7th, 2011 07:49 PM

THE RAPE TRAIN HAS NO BRAKES.

k0k0 Aug 8th, 2011 02:50 PM

So what class should I choose first? I finally got around to finishing the download for this thing. Gimme a class that I won't absolutely suck at from the beginning.

executioneer Aug 8th, 2011 02:56 PM

well not really knowing where your skills lie, i'm only guessing, but heavy's usually pretty easy to pick up, and scout's pretty straightforward too

k0k0 Aug 8th, 2011 02:58 PM

I'll probably do scout then. I don't want to be slow as shit.

Fathom Zero Aug 8th, 2011 03:01 PM

You are going to die sooooooo much.

Nick Aug 8th, 2011 05:29 PM

Scout is super fun. :3

Chojin Aug 8th, 2011 07:19 PM

scout is the hardest class in the game

gfl

k0k0 Aug 8th, 2011 07:20 PM

Ok, finished downloading finally. Not gonna pick scout then. I shall choose soldier since it seems like the best all around.

Chojin Aug 8th, 2011 08:12 PM

pyro, soldier, and demo are easiest imo, sniper is also easy to pick up if you've played a lot of FPS games

heavy and engineer are also easy but require a bit of learning (teamwork & ubers VS how to build shit and where to build it)

medic is easy if you're just pocket medic to one guy, but being a good medic can be pretty challenging.

scout and spy are the hardest, but scout is about reflexes and spy is about outsmarting people. both classes also require knowledge of the map and some planning skills.

Guitar Woman Aug 8th, 2011 08:23 PM

Soldier is the best beginner class, but it's also completely gay because it pretty much trumps everything in a one-on-one fight and has no hard counters. Heavies, at a stretch, but they're slow as shit and can't dodge rockets while they're spun-up.

Pyro's gotten a lot less insane lately because something like half the classes are capable of putting out fires now.

Nick Aug 8th, 2011 10:16 PM

Remember, the Heavy as the Tomislav now.

Guitar Woman Aug 9th, 2011 11:07 AM

Yeah, that thing is the absolute tit-milk. There's absolutely no reason to use any of the other miniguns.

Fathom Zero Aug 10th, 2011 10:51 AM

Now you can get all those cool promos in drops or in the store. :O

The Original's only $2, Chojin.

Nick Aug 10th, 2011 10:57 AM

Dear god, what a dick thing to do Valve.

Fathom Zero Aug 10th, 2011 11:42 AM

Why is that?

Chojin Aug 11th, 2011 11:17 PM

preorder fags want to be validated for spending $30+ on possibly bad games just to get malibu stacy a new hat

but they aren't special when you can get the same thing for $2

Fathom Zero Aug 12th, 2011 12:27 AM

I don't understand. I DON'T UNDERSTAND PEOPLE LIKE THAT.

Nick Aug 12th, 2011 01:07 AM

I totally picked up Quake 4 and Fallout: New Vegas because they were cheap, but some people only buy games for those guns. That's a great way to dick them over.

Sam Aug 12th, 2011 01:10 AM

THEY DESERVE IT FOR BEING STUPID.

Nick Aug 12th, 2011 02:49 AM

Yes. Yes they do.

LordSappington Aug 12th, 2011 04:12 AM

I played a few rounds on the quickmatch, where my team actually was balanced across the classes. It felt fucking awesome, actually having a team that naturally worked together without needing t ocommunicate. We won 16 of 20 rounds.
I love that gamer high, when you're kicking untold amounts of ass and damn proud.

Also, since I mainline Medic, I fucking hate useless Medics. This is mostly the pocket medics; it does the team MUCH more good to keep everyone healthy, and not that one fucking Heavy, okay, asshole? And you, guy who is PLAYING Heavy, stop telling me that it's my job to follow you the whole round, because it's actually my job to keep EVERYONE alive.

Fathom Zero Aug 12th, 2011 04:15 AM

If the Heavy can take out seven dudes at a time, then I'll stick with him. Likewise with a Soldier. Anyone that can demonstrate a good job while being healed will get my service.

LordSappington Aug 12th, 2011 12:11 PM

If they're making a good push and getting the job done, I'll stick around a bit and probably give them the uber. If they're camping and spamming the medic button, then fuck you buddy

Nick Aug 12th, 2011 02:18 PM

I've started playing Heavy a lot recently. Getting 80 kills to about 20 deaths with the Iron Curtain is a glorious feeling.