I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   LET'S ARGUE ABOUT VIDEO GAMES (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697142)

k0k0 Aug 1st, 2011 08:06 PM

One of the things I really hate about it is that during E3 and other game conferences when I'm hoping to hear cool game announcements, I only get to hear half game announcement and half kinectathon from Microsoft. Another is that I'm almost positive that it is the reason Mass Effect 3 got pushed back. The day that Mass Effect 3 got thrown back to next year, they announce 'but it'll be coming with kinect specific features'. Not cool.

Fathom Zero Aug 1st, 2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 734864)
Yay. You have to jump around to play. I sure hated being comfortable and relaxed while playing games.

I thought you weren't fat anymore.

But it really is fun when you're in the mood for it, especially Dance Central. It's fun for the same reason karaoke is fun. We packed that tiny apartment living room with people one night and got our freak on.

And yeah, I'd be perfectly fine not having one, but I would've been losing an opportunity for no reason.

It isn't $150 of fun, though, (yet.) I bought it used, so it was all good. :O

Zomboid Aug 1st, 2011 08:16 PM

I'm not fat, but I still don't want to have to do that shit to play a video game. I can see it being fun for a little bit with a bunch of people, but even then, I think I'd prefer Mortal Kombat and controllers.

Fathom Zero Aug 1st, 2011 09:00 PM

How is Mortal Kombat, by the way? I've heard lots of gooood things.

Zomboid Aug 1st, 2011 09:36 PM

It's way more fun than I expected it to be. I played the shit out of the single player (still do), and it gets played every time friends are over. The extra characters and "klassic kostumes" are just bonuses. It's a waaaay better fighter than you'd expect from the series, even, so it's not just nostalgia talking.

Nick Aug 1st, 2011 11:40 PM

I really enjoyed it when I bought it, and my family still enjoys it at get togethers. (Not counting that time I got chewed out by some old religious woman) but I could really care less about these DLC characters. They're just kinda uninteresting to me. I mean I like having Rain in the game since he kinda completes the UMK3 roster, but he's so boring.

Pentegarn Aug 2nd, 2011 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 734901)
It's way more fun than I expected it to be. I played the shit out of the single player (still do), and it gets played every time friends are over. The extra characters and "klassic kostumes" are just bonuses. It's a waaaay better fighter than you'd expect from the series, even, so it's not just nostalgia talking.

I was still on the fence about this game to be honest. I always thought the MK series was a one trick pony but I keep hearing good things from too many people about this new one. I may have to give it at least a rent

The Nun Eater Aug 2nd, 2011 07:36 AM

It has one of the most interesting stories of any fighting game I have ever player. It provides background for all the classic MK characters and does a decent job of keeping you interested enough to finish the lengthy campaign. As far as the fighting goes, it feel just the same as Mortal Kombat 3 so it familiar but with slight changes.

It's fun to play if you enjoyed the old ones. Not to mention they ramped the violence up to 11 and thats never really a bad thing.

Nick Aug 2nd, 2011 10:12 AM

The story mode in Mortal Kombat is fantastic. It was totally the high point of the game for me.

Shyandquietguy Aug 2nd, 2011 09:11 PM

Holy shit, I just discovered you can use runes to alter your abilities in Diablo 3!

Damn computer, you and a lack of a recent console are your fault for making me lose interest in games. >:(

Fathom Zero Aug 2nd, 2011 09:42 PM

I'm kinda psyched for Diablo 3, even having only played the others for about ten minutes.

k0k0 Aug 2nd, 2011 10:10 PM

I'm more excited about Borderlands 2 than Diablo 3, even though it's further away in release.

Grislygus Aug 2nd, 2011 11:40 PM

I am AMPED for diablo 3, it'll be the first real game I've played in a long damn time, played the living hell out of diablo 2 as a kid

k0k0 Aug 2nd, 2011 11:44 PM

I can't wrap my brain around the world of warcraft looking graphics. And nothing I've seen looks too hellish. I do think it's funny that they're making it so that you can sell your loot to other players for real cash.

Grislygus Aug 2nd, 2011 11:51 PM

As irritated as I am at the new generic crapfest art direction, I do enjoy the fact the the graphics look like a game made in the current decade this time around

Fathom Zero Aug 3rd, 2011 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 735150)
I can't wrap my brain around the world of warcraft looking graphics. And nothing I've seen looks too hellish.

I wish people would stop with that stupidity. You're just parroting lame bullshit.

k0k0 Aug 3rd, 2011 12:29 AM

I'm not parroting shit. First thing I thought when I saw how it looked was, "looks like wow"

Grislygus Aug 3rd, 2011 12:30 AM

What are you talking about, the art is headed by a freaking warhammer 40k guy, gigantic shoulderpads up the ass as far as I can tell. It's not going to affect gameplay or the story at all, but I'll agree with him on that count

psyched that Fallout people are in environment and map design, though

Fathom Zero Aug 3rd, 2011 12:32 AM

nerts to you, too, then

I fail to see how

looks anything like the rainbow lollipop land that is World of Warcraft. If anything, I'll grant you that it looks a bit similar to Warcraft 3, but even that color palette is too much.

k0k0 Aug 3rd, 2011 12:33 AM

I didn't know the fallout people were doing the environment and map stuff. Color my interest renewed. I do hope that since they are forbidding modding that they at least put in a map editor. So it doesn't ruin the game they can make it to where you have to use a new character for the edited maps.

Grislygus Aug 3rd, 2011 12:39 AM

fathom, the problem is with the core drawings, not the colors

The angels look the same, but that's about it

Fathom Zero Aug 3rd, 2011 12:41 AM

I could give a shit about those. Don't like them, like them, whatever. I've just seen so many people whinging about the colors and making stupid things like this:

I WANT YESTERDAY BECAUSE YESTERDAY I KNOW AND TODAY IS NEW

k0k0 Aug 3rd, 2011 12:45 AM

So the design looks nothing like wow.

And yeah, I'm one of the people who likes the darker, grittier look.

Fathom Zero Aug 3rd, 2011 12:46 AM

Whatever, I'll be playing Twisted Metal for the next sixteen months, anyway. Diablo sucks.

Grislygus Aug 3rd, 2011 12:48 AM

jesus, put that thing in a spoiler tag

Yes, people are stupid and bitch about everything not being 150% darkmurkgloom. MY problem isn't that, I like the improvement from everything looking the fuckdamn same in the previous two games. MY problem is that the character designs look like Dungeon Siege drawn by the warhammer people