I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   my photography page thingy (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5795)

glowbelly Sep 6th, 2003 08:00 AM

my photography page thingy

hobo renee has one and so i looked around and thought, "sure, what the hell?"

anywhoozles, most of you have probably seen these pics, but i'm in class now, so i'll have more posted in the coming weeks, i'm sure. i might even take the time to scan a couple that i haven't or some such shit.

enjoy.

http://glowbelly.deviantart.com

Rongi Sep 6th, 2003 12:10 PM

The Elvis one is my fav :o

glowbelly Sep 7th, 2003 12:00 AM

that's an old 'un.
chojin used it as some background for some dancing game of his. :)

FreakinStrange Sep 7th, 2003 12:36 AM

I liked Queen takes pawn. ;)

glowbelly Sep 7th, 2003 12:43 AM

thank you very much, but that is not my work.

jerk >:

FreakinStrange Sep 7th, 2003 12:49 AM

oh sorry

Alphonse Sep 7th, 2003 12:54 AM

I liked the leg shot. ;D

The pattern the windowblinds cast on your leg looks like striped panty hose. ^_^

Rev. Danno Sep 21st, 2003 01:35 AM

I liked the one of your friend...
Check out mine!
http://rev-danno.deviantart.com/

glowbelly Sep 21st, 2003 10:19 AM

hoooooray!!

glowbelly Oct 4th, 2003 07:29 PM

UPDATED :)

Ghost of Fraiser Oct 6th, 2003 12:22 AM

I really like your photos glow, I wish i could be as half as good.

Rez Oct 6th, 2003 02:09 PM

MERMAIDHOLD makes me go mmmmmmmmmmm...

i like your photos a lot :) they made my eyes pop out.

there's a thread around the middle of the 1st art shit page of my stuff if you want to look...

glowbelly Oct 7th, 2003 03:41 PM

looked at your stuff, rez. awhile ago, actually. i like it. i like the manips more than the straight snaps. they're more interesting photos when you mess with them.

and thanks, mr. suspecto. i'm learning a lot in my classes. hopefully i'll have more to show for it soon.

Professor Cool Oct 8th, 2003 06:02 AM

That is some primo stuff Ms. Glow and Mr. Danno.

glowbelly Oct 9th, 2003 05:13 PM

aw shucks. please don't make me feel like i have curtsy for you now.

Protoclown Oct 9th, 2003 06:49 PM

that mermaid thing looks like you're looking up somebody's nose :eek

i likey

glowbelly Oct 14th, 2003 05:21 PM

it's hard for me to look at it as anything else but what i know it is. it's funny to hear what other people think of it. i'm going to print mermaid hold again for my photo class, but i'm going to crop off the top a bit, which will make the image a bit more abstract.

oh, and i uploaded two more pics today.

Cosmo Electrolux Oct 16th, 2003 09:40 AM

Great stuff, Glow...my new favorite website :)

Rez Oct 17th, 2003 02:11 PM

continues to be top notch... please please keep at it glow :)

glowbelly Nov 25th, 2003 06:20 PM

THERE IS MORE!!! FOUR MORE!!! OR MAYBE FIVE!!! I CAN'T REMEMBER!!! GO LOOKY, OK? OK.

Rez Dec 5th, 2003 01:28 PM

hey just saw all this, again, top.
as soon as i saw organic i got "nature is ancient" in my head :)

glowbelly Dec 5th, 2003 11:39 PM

thanks!

i just got a couple more of my prints back from my photo 1 class and i should get some more on tuesday. i'm going to upload the whole lot of them then.

my professor told me that she's happy that i'm continuing in photography and thinks that i have some real potential. she also wants me to be her assistant next semester.

i'm so lucky to be able to be doing that which i love.

Rez Dec 6th, 2003 05:33 PM

i hear that... i'm looking at internships i've been offered at UCDavis once i transfer there, it's mildly exciting, but 2 years from now :)

i've got 15 new prints about to go up on the website before winter break.

glowbelly Dec 21st, 2003 09:57 PM

hurryup already

FartinMowler Dec 22nd, 2003 12:13 PM

Mermaid hold is cool. i remember seeing a show on a lady that took beautiful photo's of the statues in grave yards and it reminded me of that.

glowbelly Dec 24th, 2003 08:05 PM

thanks, mr. fartin. the statue highgate cemetary one is, well, a statue in highgate cemetary that was hand colored in photoshop. :)

Rez Dec 25th, 2003 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glowbelly
hurryup already

sorry, i dont run the site my stuff gets posted on and dont plan to... so that means when the site manager says he'll desperately try an update before the holidays, it means it might not happen... and it didnt..

but soon though... soon....

glowbelly Jan 2nd, 2004 04:47 PM

UPDATED AGAIN

Rez Jan 14th, 2004 01:56 PM

ang again, it's stellar, as usual, fantastic composition, perspective, everything you already know, and i finally went and made one of them my background.. hope you dont mind if i use the Lynch and Sons photo for awhile as a background..

and am i the only one who checks this anymore? even i'm 12 days late and no one else is here!

it's not fair..

youre amazing, glowbelly.

edit: re: cliched self portrait: :lol

Anonymous Jan 14th, 2004 03:24 PM

I used one of her new ones in a background for our mix :>

glowbelly Jan 14th, 2004 03:51 PM

thanks so much, rez. i truly appreciate the comments. as a beginning student of photography i really try to emphasize technique and composition. i figure that i'll find my niche along the way. and no, of course i don't mind you using one of my snaps as your background image. just let people know who i am, if they ask.

chojin makes pretty background dancy color things with some of my photos.

in the next coming weeks there's going to be a lotta activity there. i'm taking a digital imaging course this semester. hold on to your hats.

:)

Protoclown Jan 14th, 2004 06:01 PM

now you know damn well i don't wear a hat so i don't even know what that's all about

but i likey your id picture thingymabobbermajig

glowbelly Jan 14th, 2004 06:41 PM

i have a picture of you in a paper bag hat

Dole Jan 15th, 2004 10:29 AM

GB, I love the photo looking through the arms of the bench. Very nice indeed.

glowbelly Jan 15th, 2004 11:30 AM

thanks, sam. it means a lot to me that you checked all that out. :)

Protoclown Jan 15th, 2004 01:28 PM

Quote:

i have a picture of you in a paper bag hat

LIES AND TRICKERY!

Rez Jan 15th, 2004 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rez
Quote:

hurryup already

sorry, i dont run the site my stuff gets posted on and dont plan to... so that means when the site manager says he'll desperately try an update before the holidays, it means it might not happen... and it didnt..

but soon though... soon....

still waiting, i'm not alone on this site... so people send in paintings and stuff as well and he's waiting for it before he updates...

:(

i swear, it's coming though.

glowbelly Jan 15th, 2004 06:36 PM

i'm looking forward to it!

Immortal Goat Jan 15th, 2004 07:12 PM

You've got talent. I tried taking a photography class in my highschool recently, but it was more developing your own prints than composition and stuff. That's the second-year class. And I'm a senior. :(

glowbelly Feb 12th, 2004 03:26 AM

take it in college!

i updated it again. i sure did. yup.

only 2 images this time.

clickity clickity clock

Bennett Feb 12th, 2004 12:16 PM

Glowbelly,

do you like Man Ray? The girl I was dating in college was an art history major and took a class on Dada. I looked through her books more than my own, and I fell in love with his work (not so much the rayographs, though)... unfortunately, he's about the only photographer I know :(

Rez Feb 12th, 2004 06:23 PM

i laughed at the superman pic of your dad :). well done balancing humor with what you were actually trying to pass across. this is as close to my definition of "art" i've seen in recent memory.

i looked at the other one and thought it was really good, then i read the description (see, i pay attention) and then thought it was really really good. its hard to be subtle with things like this, people inclined to do such things usually hit you in the face with it and you're left feeling uncomfortable. but this was real, graceful, and even sublime.

again, very well done :)

i'm getting links to more of the same pics i took from the last time, but these werent added into the theme for obvious reasons which will be explained when they go up. :)

glowbelly Feb 12th, 2004 11:27 PM

benny: man ray, while not one of my absolute favorite photographers, did do a whole lot for the medium and surrealist movement itself. his photographs tended to come off as "accidents" when in fact he spent a lot of time on technique to acheive the effect of his images.

some of my favorite photographers that you may want to check out include: jock sturges (make sure you are not on a work computer when you view his stuff. there is a thread somewhere on this board that i started about him, if you want some links), cindy sherman (mostly self-portraiture that is extremely derivative), garry winogrand (street photographer) and anthony goicolea (does digital manips using cloned versions of himself as a white upper class adolescent male).

i also really admire my instructor's work. her name is masumi hayashi. she does panoramic photo collages where she captures a 360 degree view by taking many smaller photos and then puts them back together after the shots are developed.

if you are really interested in finding some good photographers, check out the only skin deep project at http://www.icp.org/osd/preview/index.html.

rez: thanks so much for the nice comments. it's funny that you mention the second image, because it was the one that received the most negative (for lack of a better word) criticism in my class today. i plan on reworking this piece and will most likely end up removing my face from the bottom right, as it tends to crowd up the composition and take away from the image of my father. i think this is one that looks better on screen than in print.

as always, i'm looking forward to seeing more of your stuff.

Rez Feb 13th, 2004 01:54 PM

before i read the descrip, i thought the face got in the way and made the whole thing really "hallmark"
but art isnt just about composition and what "works" in a photo, and after reading it sounded like it needed to be there and even lent it credence.

so take it out if you want, but after seeing this one, i'd imagine it'd be your parents and a vacuum in the corner, like you're missing something.

i'm not sure actually... i dont know if i should babble about composition since i only know the really elementary aspects of it...

i liked the both of them. there. :)

glowbelly Feb 19th, 2004 10:20 PM

well that's good enough for me. :)

i redid "untitled" (god i hate naming things that) and handed it in to my photo prof. she seemed to like it better, which is good, but i'm gonna keep the original up on devart for awhile.

i updated my page with more snaps. these were taken with my boyfriend in mind, as a way of capturing where we live so we'll always have a personal history of our first home together. they're recognizable to us, but are a bit abstract to the outside viewer.

hope you like.

Dole Feb 20th, 2004 03:04 AM

Your technical skill is getting better and better Karen, nice one.

glowbelly Feb 20th, 2004 08:18 AM

thanks, sammy!

it helps that i have superior technical equipment to work with ;)

Rez Feb 20th, 2004 02:47 PM

the little things in and around the house that make that one place distinguishable from everything else.
i've tried taking photos like these, and all i'll say about em is that i need to keep trying... :rolleyes
yours however, continue to be excellent in every regard. i especially liked how a couple of shots fooled me into thinking they were black and white until one of the details, the details that make the place "your house," are in color and hence get the most attention. NICE one for that.

:)

glowbelly Feb 20th, 2004 05:00 PM

thanks. i was really trying to focus on the bursts of color among all the gray, black and white. all of those shots are presented "as is," except for the dancing window one, which i converted to b&w in ps. the original has so little color in it, that i thought it worked better as a b&w photo.

glowbelly Mar 6th, 2004 01:23 PM

updated again.

i added the reworked version of untitled. i like it better. it's subtler and doesn't look all hallmarky.

there's a pottery piece that i did up there too, and an abstract extended photo collage of the frank gehry building here in cleveland. the latter was for my digital imaging class. um, and i did a panoramic photo collage of my apartment, or at least the part i spend the most time in.

hope you likey.

Matt Harty Mar 6th, 2004 04:37 PM

Was the apartment one tough to do? I liked it alot.

glowbelly Mar 6th, 2004 05:41 PM

shooting it wasn't hard at all. i just used a tripod set up in one spot in my living room and took all the pictures at 50mm (it's the closest lens setting to what your eye sees, although i think it's smaller with a digi cam). i started at eye level and went in a 360 degree circle all around. then worked my way up and down, doing the same thing.

putting it together was sorta difficult, mostly because my computer is running out of space and the file had over 100 separate layers before i flattened it. plus each individual picture had to be shrunk down to 3"x2". that was the most time consuming part of it. it's a fun exercise. i think i'm gonna try doing it outside once it starts getting nicer out.

Rez Mar 6th, 2004 10:38 PM

i like your living space. those panoramic things always look like theyre hard to do but everyone says theyre not.

i'm not too hot about the ghery shot, something about the top and bottom of it irritates me, great colors though.

the remade family shot looks great, didnt do what i thought it would do, like leave a vacuum, well done.

the pottery is... wow. i think it was neat to create but, not to be rude, but it looks like one of those presents you get that you have to try really hard not to impusively made a wicked face at.

dont stop :)

glowbelly Mar 6th, 2004 10:51 PM

:lol at the pottery comment!

it's really hard to make coil pottery look good and the color is much better in person, but i completely understand what you are saying.

i HATE the gehry building piece. it's not my style at allllllll and what's sad about it is that the project that we were assigned would have been super cool if i wasn't restricted to the building. it also may have been a bit better if i was able to shoot the inside of the building, but i missed class that day cause i was sicky icky. the cool things about those colors is that they are not manipulated in any way.

panoramic photo collages are not only fun but definitely easy to do. you can create some super cool looking images out of them too, but they are time consuming.

i like the family one better without my face in it. i think the original was a bad case of photoshop overload and it created a super sappy effect.

thanks so much for commenting on my stuff, rez. i really look forward to hearing what you think about it all. i like your honesty too. good show!

jin Mar 7th, 2004 12:55 AM

It is all very impressive and wonderful, i especially like untitled, it makes me all giddy inside when i read the little description. ;D

glowbelly Mar 7th, 2004 08:46 AM

you are a sneaky little turtle

Dole Mar 8th, 2004 07:16 AM

I like the panoramic one....your apt looks pretty groovy karen!

glowbelly Mar 22nd, 2004 01:03 AM

:) i like it :)

it's that time again, ya'll:

Rez Mar 22nd, 2004 10:42 PM

there pictures i see sometimes that when i see it, i dont know what it really does, but i just hear things that go along with it, some i know, some are vague vibrations, thats one thing that lets me know it's a good photo. something else that happenes is that it shifts my mood entirely, that happened here too.

i'm surfing the net feeling pretty static and neutral, and i come across your new photos, and i'm stuck in ambience while i look at the solitary branches floting in monotony. strange for something in such monotone to give a strange sense of warmth. excellent photos again.

the beat one on the other hand, made me see red almost instantly. my current girlfriend used to be a victim to abuse, and i swear to shit it pisses me off like nothing else. to think that someone like you was subject to fucking idiocies like that just adds on to it. i guess it's effecive, but it was pretty damn jarring from the last photo i saw.

the four views of a door are friggin excellent from a design point. imagining these put next to each other as a series excites me already. ridiculously subtle, simple, and making elegance out of the ordinary. i hope presenting these really goes well fo you.

i'm working on more photo-manips like last time. putting structures, colors, and light together. it's way time consuming, but fun as hell. i dont know when i'll put them out. if you have aim or msn we could msg each other with what we have :)

glowbelly Mar 23rd, 2004 07:24 PM

wow. thank you, rez.

i can't wait to see your manips. i really liked the last ones i saw.

erm, i'm gonna go stop being embarrassed now. :o

glowbelly Apr 4th, 2004 05:30 PM

this is the first of a series of experiments that i am working on:

Rez Apr 6th, 2004 02:50 PM

caption contest.

no, really, this looks like an ad for scotch tape... maybe because hp did/does the same thing. so if youre looking to go into advertising, i'd say youre halfway there ;)

i'd fill in the white spots with a grayer tinge though, so that it doesnt look incomplete.

nice :)

glowbelly Apr 30th, 2004 11:13 PM

why am i always so late in replying to your comments?

anyways, the tape thing was part of an assignment that we had to do in my digi-imaging class. my teacher was hell bent on getting us to do some panoramic photo collages and i was sick of seeing the same large landscapes done over and over again. i thought it would be interesting to take a small, everyday object to create the same kind of image. i recently printed each picture at about 7x10 and drymounted it. it's pretty large.

i think i'm gonna do some more like this, and try to frame them in plexi. i was even considering printing this one on transparancies...who knows!

anyways, it's that time again. i uploaded 3 pics from a walk i took with brian on wednesday. we were looking for a tree that i want to photograph for a wedding present, but couldn't find the right one.

executioneer Apr 30th, 2004 11:20 PM

that watercolors one is fantastic :(

it is my new background :(

glowbelly Apr 30th, 2004 11:40 PM

i think you're fantastic :o

Rez May 3rd, 2004 02:48 PM

the water color one is THE SHIT. damn!
in regards to your PM,
i now know what you mean by impressionist type photos, well, i knew what you were getting at, but not what you were thinking about. now i get it, but i'm in a mode again, and it's got nothing to do with it :(
you'll see later.

glowbelly May 4th, 2004 07:12 AM

that one water shot has about 5000 different pictures in it alone. i could mess with that all day. the one up there is actually a cropped version of the original.

the impression photo isn't a mistake photo. i showed it to another board and they were all like "way to explain away a bad photo" and i told 'em to shut up, cause i took it that way on purpose.

they are a very technical lot and don't always get me :(

Rez May 4th, 2004 04:35 PM

technical whores piss me off.
theyre pissants who're complete snobs with some half-witty quip about photos they dont "get" while they also dont get what photography is for.

subterfuge May 4th, 2004 11:56 PM

Allof your photos are really cool. I like the experimental tape one and the filimental the best.

glowbelly Jun 12th, 2004 05:05 PM

there's more!

Rez Jun 16th, 2004 05:43 PM

for someone who's seen enough cezanne, what you just did was way cool.
you actually managed to make it look like he would, which is everything falling out of its place. the wine bottle looks about to tip over, the fruit about to fall off the table (classic, btw).

still lives, to me, are numb and boring, but i just appreciated the knack with which that was done.

aeQea Jun 18th, 2004 05:31 PM

glowbelly Jun 19th, 2004 08:07 AM

GET OUT OF MY THREAD YOU SPAMMING WHORE.

and thanks, rez. i took about 30 snaps of that setup before i got the right one. i keep finding myself being inspired by the old french painters.

there's some new snaps over there, by the way. i'm not going to put the link in this post again cause i'm sick of typing it.

aeQea Jun 19th, 2004 08:20 AM

glowbelly Jun 19th, 2004 09:34 AM

post your pictures in your own thread.

i don't want mine tainted with your silly goth bloody suicide murder stuff.

Matt Harty Jun 19th, 2004 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeQea
i can post my pictues too jerk.
you dont own the post. your post just got pwned.

hey leave glowbelly alone hey you spelt owned wrong hey go away

aeQea Jun 19th, 2004 11:01 AM

aeQea Jun 19th, 2004 11:01 AM

Matt Harty Jun 19th, 2004 12:22 PM

I watched the video and it fucking sucked. Proceed to another thread.

aeQea Jun 19th, 2004 02:16 PM

Matt Harty Jun 19th, 2004 02:23 PM

im not gay but you can call me that if you think you can winim not gay but you can call me that if you think you can winim not gay but you can call me that if you think you can winim not gay but you can call me that if you think you can win

im not gay but you can call me that if you think you can win

im not gay but you can call me that if you think you can winim not gay but you can call me that if you think you can winim not gay but you can call me that if you think you can winim not gay but you can call me that if you think you can winim not gay but you can call me that if you think you can winim not gay but you can call me that if you think you can win

im not gay but you can call me that if you think you can winim not gay but you can call me that if you think you can win

aeQea Jun 19th, 2004 02:25 PM

Matt Harty Jun 19th, 2004 02:26 PM

HEY YOU SHOULD PUT THAT INTO YOUR NEXT AWESOME VIDEO!!!

aeQea Jun 19th, 2004 02:28 PM

Rongi Jun 19th, 2004 02:28 PM

watching you two fight is like watching an endless game of pong

Matt Harty Jun 19th, 2004 02:30 PM

i dont fight i beat bitches up >:

aeQea Jun 19th, 2004 03:26 PM

Rez Jun 19th, 2004 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rongi
watching you two fight is like watching an endless game of pong

except the frustration is more immediate.
peddle your horrid shit somewhere else.

glowbelly Jun 19th, 2004 06:03 PM

here, i'll try a different approach:

aqueous, or whatever...i started this thread to show MY photography. if you want to show off your little movies or whatever, it would be NICE if you started your own thread. that way, MY thread won't get fucking cluttered with pre-adolescent homo-gay insults.

i wouldn't have been as nasty towards you if you would have taken a moment to look at what i had to offer and perhaps offer some insight into what you saw. but see, you didn't. you just hopped into a thread labeled "MY photography page thingy" started by "glowbelly" and posted a pic of a semi-pretty gal all gothed up with blood along with a link to your site.

see, i'm a nice gal. i actually went to your site and when i realized that i had to watch movies and music videos in order to get anything out of it, i decided against doing so. i didn't feel like waiting for shit to load so i could call it shit.

understand?

good. now skedaddle before i really get pissy. :)

aeQea Jun 19th, 2004 06:28 PM

glowbelly Jun 19th, 2004 07:07 PM

it took me so long too, lemme tell ya. i had to look up how to spell those words and everything.

you've disappointed me.

i'm so sad now.

jerkface :(

aeQea Jun 20th, 2004 12:20 AM

glowbelly Jun 20th, 2004 08:28 AM

you first >:

Dole Jun 21st, 2004 06:33 AM

Quote:

your post just got pwned.
I have said it before, and I will say it again: anyone who uses that fucking nonsense word is a LOSER FUCKING CUNT LOSER DIE DIE DIE.

On a lighter note, your latest pics rock GB!!

glowbelly Jun 21st, 2004 07:20 AM

i thought that person meant "pawned" and i was wondering where the hell my cut was.

i'm getting better at pictures. practice practice practice and thank you, D.

aeQea Jun 21st, 2004 05:10 PM

glowbelly Jun 22nd, 2004 02:07 PM

seventy-four.

i win.

Hobo Renee Jun 24th, 2004 03:12 AM

who knew math could be so fun!

Rez Aug 25th, 2004 02:44 PM

WHAT HAPPENED >:

glowbelly Aug 28th, 2004 10:02 AM

oohps! here:

www.glowbelly.us

thanks to chojin and hooray