I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Football Season (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22318)

Fathom Zero Sep 7th, 2006 10:08 PM

Football Season

Is anyone else watching?

I'm watching the Dolphins @ Steelers game.

Dolphins 16 > Steelers 14 as of this moment.
This is a close game, but it shouldn't be. Come on! It's the friggin' Dolphins! Who loses to the Dolphins? Oh yeah. That's right. The Patriots Dynasty loses to the Dolphins. The Steelers don't. I know that much.

I have a feeling that this will be a rough season on Pittsburgh.

Your thoughts?

Fathom Zero Sep 7th, 2006 10:46 PM

RUN LIKE THE WIND, CHARLIE BATCH!

Pittsburgh retakes the lead with a MASSIVE run by Charlie.

20 > 16 in the Steelers' favor.

Fathom Zero Sep 7th, 2006 11:01 PM

BAM! Joey Porter intercepts the ball and runs it in for a touchdown.

Goddamn, I love this game.

Grislygus Sep 7th, 2006 11:34 PM

My dad was watching that game. I'm more of a hockey man, myself.

Gorlack the Destroyer Sep 7th, 2006 11:46 PM

Im more of a Jai Alai man meself.

Grislygus Sep 7th, 2006 11:54 PM

In regards to the sport, or the gambling involved?

Anyway, weren't two brothers facing off in the Dolphins/Steelers game? I recall something along those lines.

DamnthatDavid Sep 8th, 2006 01:50 AM

Go Seahawks.

God damn refs called the game last year. WE SHOULD OF WON. >:

Fathom Zero Sep 8th, 2006 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus
Anyway, weren't two brothers facing off in the Dolphins/Steelers game? I recall something along those lines.

Naw, that's the upcoming Colts and Giants game, I think it's Colts @ Giants. Don't quote me on that, though. It is between quarterbacks Eli and Peyton Manning, Giants and Colts respectively.

And the Seahawks came entirely out of left field for me last season. I can't remember what they did to get so good or if it was just a stroke of luck. But I did know that corrupt refs had things to do with Pitt. winning the SB last year. I was still rooting for them all the way, though. Here we go, Steelers, Here we go. *Clap* *Clap*

timrpgland Sep 8th, 2006 10:08 AM

Yeah I watched the game and cheered as Culpepper threw back to back interceptions in his debut for Miami against the Steelers even though I hate the Steelers.

GO VIKES! ;)

the_dudefather Sep 8th, 2006 03:34 PM

YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL??

RaNkeri Sep 8th, 2006 04:44 PM

lol @ American football :lol

Real Football (Or as you name it "Soccer") FTW

timrpgland Sep 8th, 2006 05:11 PM

It's funny how fans of a sport as big as "soccer" (yes) have such penis envy.

executioneer Sep 8th, 2006 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaNkeri
lol @ American football :lol

Real Football (Or as you name it "Soccer") FTW

hey rankeri how about never saying ftw again ftw >:

Fathom Zero Sep 8th, 2006 09:21 PM

Fusbol is for wussies. Soccer doesn't have yard lines.

GADZOOKS Sep 9th, 2006 01:21 AM

Come on folks let's hit a touchdown, countdown

Sam Sep 9th, 2006 01:24 AM

GADZOOKS Sep 9th, 2006 01:41 AM

uh oh 5 yard penalty

RaNkeri Sep 9th, 2006 03:08 AM

And why the fuck is the game's name Football? The players usually carry the ball most of the game time >:

GADZOOKS Sep 9th, 2006 10:44 AM

http://www.geocities.com/televisionc...4/seinfeld.mid

HickMan Sep 9th, 2006 10:52 AM

I'm not that big a fan of pro football. But if I had to choose a team I'd choose the Bengals. I've always sorta liked them. Even when they blew the big one.

College football is so much better :rolleyes

GO OSU BUCKS!

I'm also the mascot for my highschool and I lose 8 pounds a game!

Juttin Sep 9th, 2006 12:19 PM

Steelers...Dolphins....BORING.....

Where's the Broncos ? :/

HickMan Sep 10th, 2006 12:56 AM

OSU beat Texas! WOOO!!!

Gorlack the Destroyer Sep 10th, 2006 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juttin
Steelers...Dolphins....BORING.....

Where's the Broncos ? :/

KISSIN' THE RAMS' ASS

DamnthatDavid Sep 11th, 2006 02:26 AM

Seahawks just beat the Lions in the most boring game I have ever seen. God damn, we lost our best left side blockers, and Hasselbeck was playing slightly injured, and NOT A SINGLE GOD DAMN TOUCH DOWN IN THE ENTIRE GAME.

Niether team got within 10 yards of a touch down. And the game was won through ONLY FIELDGOAL KICKS. 9 to 6. It was Sad. the Seahawks had better kick it up a notch.

Marc Summers Sep 11th, 2006 03:33 PM

WHY THE HELL DOESN'T L.A. HAVE A FOOTBALL TEAM YET??!?!??!

I'm not talking about stealing the Raiders again, but I mean, it's the second largest city in the country, so why D:

executioneer Sep 11th, 2006 03:49 PM

duck season, fire

WhiteRat Sep 22nd, 2006 10:58 AM

Fathom do we dare bring this thread to signifigance? My knowledge of college and pro football is vast. I'm game. R U Ready?

timrpgland Sep 22nd, 2006 11:42 AM

Oh I'm game too... don't let the fact that I'm last in one of the 2 fantasy football leagues I'm in take away from my signifigance too. PLEASE GUYS! :(

Bears at Vikes this weekend... Bears scare me. :wah

WhiteRat Sep 22nd, 2006 12:59 PM

The Bears? Eh, it's a North game so anything goes. I'm still not sold on Grossman yet. He has the all of the physical skills to run a big game but the mental part is lacking, me thinks. Maybe I haven't gotten over the fact that he was cocky as fuck in college. Who knows.

But at the risk of being labeled a homer, my predictions of the Vikings/Bears game is this...

Vikings 24 - Bears 13

I'm banking on a strong Vikes D and a solid but poor when it counts Bears Offense.

timrpgland Sep 22nd, 2006 01:12 PM

I'm not entirely sold on Rex either but the Bears are considering last year they let Orton go back on the bench after their great run. I am sold on the Bears defense once again though and it's going to be a tough go for the Vikes no matter how well the Vikes defense plays.

I'm anticipating a very low scoring game and I am a homer so I'll always say the Vikes are going to win (yes, even if it's a nfc championship game against the Giants)....

13-10 Vikes

WhiteRat Sep 22nd, 2006 01:17 PM

Hey, the Giants intercepted Culpepper's plays...or maybe they found our playbook the night before...Sadly, those are the excuse that the Vikings fans that I now use to justify such a poor outing. I point the blame for that debacle squarely at Denny "the sherrif" Green.

GADZOOKS Sep 22nd, 2006 04:34 PM

I hope the Bears lose too because football is ruining my city.

timrpgland Sep 24th, 2006 12:11 PM

15 minutes and counting til my VCR gets to record the Bears first loss! ;) :(

Juttin Sep 24th, 2006 01:37 PM

Haha...Broncos beat the Chiefs last week.
I expect them to win this week, too

timrpgland Sep 24th, 2006 03:41 PM

Bullshit.. Damn those Bears.

Fathom Zero Sep 24th, 2006 05:50 PM

I missed the Bengals @ Steelers game, could anyone tell me the outcome?

DamnthatDavid Sep 24th, 2006 06:21 PM

Holy Shit in a flaming Pooper Scooper

Seahawks are pounding the Giants in the Ass.

42 Seahawks to 17 Giants in the 4th Quarter.

I imagine the Seahawks at this time are taking a lazie-faire attitude about everything. So, the giants might make a couple more points, but eh. I won't hold my breath if I was a giant fan.

Juttin Sep 24th, 2006 10:10 PM

Broncos > Patriots

10-0 in 3rd Quarter.

Fathom Zero Sep 24th, 2006 10:38 PM

Fuck the Patriots, smug bastards and their "Dynasty".

WhiteRat Sep 25th, 2006 07:32 AM

Why the quotes around the word dynasty? Are you implying that they don't deserve that label? Please tell me that 3 Super Bowls in 4 years does warrant the dynasty label.

Plz help me my sarcasm machine is broken.

Juttin Sep 25th, 2006 08:11 AM

The Broncos were almost division champions last year, this year they're just securing that they WILL be in the big game.

Also, what about college? Iowa is undefeated, again. Even beat the Cyclones in the CyHawk game.

WhiteRat Sep 25th, 2006 02:37 PM

After years of devoting most of my time to the NFL, I can safely say that I enjoy college football much more than the pros. There are just so many teams to root for and so many rivalries and big games to watch.

This weekend myself and a few friends will be in attendance for the Minnesota-Michigan game. Last year the Golden Gophers beat the Wolverines for the first time since 1986. A repeat of last year won't happen because we (the gophs) lost 3 all-americans including Patriots number 1 pick Laurence Maroney. I expect the Wolverines to blow us out by at least 21 points, but i'll be so shitfaced during the game that I won't even care.

Schimid Sep 25th, 2006 10:20 PM

I'm supposed to like Baltimore but I've always been a big Carolina fan. I mean they have TWO STATES

timrpgland Sep 26th, 2006 11:47 AM

I enjoy college football a lot but I like the NFL better. Big names, big salaries and no respect. It's perfect.

WhiteRat Oct 1st, 2006 03:09 AM

Tonight I went to the Minnesota-Michigan game and even though I saw my beloved gophers fall 28-14, I still got wasted and enjoyed a pretty good game. And due to getting seats right at field level, my friend and I were on ESPN frantically flailing our limbs about in an intoxicated fashioned. That's the closest i've ever been to the action and I must say it was fun as hell.

Fathom Zero Oct 1st, 2006 03:11 AM

Awesome.

My team has a bye this week, so I won't be as enthusiastic about football until the next week.

And by the way the XFL owns NFL and College ball, suckas.

Juttin Oct 1st, 2006 11:35 AM

Does anybody know who won the Ohio-Iowa game?
If it was Iowa, then we're #1. Literally.

GADZOOKS Oct 1st, 2006 03:17 PM

Help me internet I need to find a recent sports score.

WhiteRat Oct 1st, 2006 03:29 PM

The Ohio State Buckeyes are your 2006-07 National Champions.

executioneer Oct 2nd, 2006 02:51 PM

hey guys are you ready for the football

WhiteRat Oct 2nd, 2006 03:48 PM

A monday night party?

executioneer Oct 2nd, 2006 04:45 PM

cuz i heard some guy say you weren't ready for the foodball

WhiteRat Oct 2nd, 2006 07:04 PM

Who is that guy? Tell me now, or will you let him hide in shame behind you?

GADZOOKS Oct 2nd, 2006 09:18 PM

I'm not ready, give me another 20 years.

WhiteRat Oct 3rd, 2006 02:01 AM

20 years? We don't have time to wait for you. Get out of here and go watch Madden's fatass on NBC.

HickMan Oct 3rd, 2006 05:05 AM

OSU OSU OSU

WhiteRat Oct 3rd, 2006 02:16 PM

I think you mean YSU YSU YSU

executioneer Oct 3rd, 2006 02:46 PM

you guys those words are spelt wrong

GADZOOKS Oct 3rd, 2006 05:35 PM

The Big Lebowski

Juttin Oct 3rd, 2006 08:20 PM

I'm, The Dude, man

Esuohlim Oct 3rd, 2006 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HickMan
OSU OSU OSU

grrrrrrr how dare u

Apparently my college is sucking at football so far and I'm supposed to be mad about it or something idk.

WhiteRat Oct 4th, 2006 12:07 AM

And what school would that be?

Esuohlim Oct 5th, 2006 08:28 PM

Here's a hint: We lost last Saturday against Illinois for the first time in 14 years :lol

WhiteRat Oct 6th, 2006 02:51 AM

Oh, so you mean to tell me that you go to a school called Michigan State, who's Spartan namesake tends to FAIL every year? Especially this year when they have a Heisman caliber QB named Drew Stanton?

EAST LANSING

WhiteRat Oct 14th, 2006 06:08 PM

What a great day for upsets in the college world. Vandy takes out Georgia(which to me isn't a shock given the 'Dogs lethargic offense) and Indiana squeaks by Iowa. Also, Adrian Peterson is done for the year and probably will not return to Oklahoma next year, instead opting for the NFL Draft.

My beloved Gophers got thier asses handed to them by 'Sconnie putting them at 2-5 for the season. Frustrating times, I tell ya.

Esuohlim Oct 14th, 2006 07:51 PM

We sucked again today :lol

Juttin Oct 14th, 2006 09:56 PM

Fuck :/

Iowa was undefeated up until the Ohio State game
Then, it just went downhill.

Oh well, at least the Broncos are dominating.
Be sure to watch their inevitable Super-Bowl game.

WhiteRat Oct 14th, 2006 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim
We sucked again today :lol

Them silly Spartans.

WhiteRat Oct 14th, 2006 11:20 PM

Here's the clip of the huge brawl between Miami and Florida International:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JWeE9KqZjQ

I love how Brandon Merriweather(19) pulled the Marcus Vick stomp on that guy times 25. He can say goodbye to his scholarship and getting drafted in the first round. Also, an injured FIU player charged onto the field and was swinging his crutch at the Canes.

I LOVE IT.

executioneer Oct 16th, 2006 01:11 PM

i still don't believe you guys will ever be ready for the football

thebiggameover Oct 16th, 2006 02:45 PM

juttin is back???

thebiggameover Oct 17th, 2006 12:55 AM

i cant beleave the cards. i fucking hate the sports in this town...

WhiteRat Oct 17th, 2006 01:21 AM

If Dennis Green wasn't coaching them I would be rooting for the Cards. Leinart was one of my favorite college players and Fitz is from my home state, it's just that Denny plagued the Vikings for 10 seasons so I hope he rots in hell.

timrpgland Oct 17th, 2006 11:34 AM

I hate the Bears.

GADZOOKS Oct 17th, 2006 06:32 PM

me too, The Bulls won 6 championships and had one of the greasted players that ever lived but people here can't stop talking about the time the bears won one 20 years ago while dancing and wearing gay headbands.

WhiteRat Oct 17th, 2006 07:06 PM

But Rodman had wacky hair!

ScruU2wice Oct 17th, 2006 10:12 PM

I think leinart is a prick so I think Arizona should've lost simply because they started him.

I hate how everyone is talking about 16-0 eventhough it's 6 games in.

Fathom Zero Oct 18th, 2006 01:12 AM

Sweet, Pittsburgh stomped a mud hole in Kansas City's ass.

WhiteRat Oct 18th, 2006 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScruU2wice
I think leinart is a prick so I think Arizona should've lost simply because they started him.

I hate how everyone is talking about 16-0 eventhough it's 6 games in.

How so? The guy is a good competitor with a good attitude towards the game. I haven't seen anything really negative about him and i've been watching him since 2003.

Espn needs another storyline to beat into the ground and the Bears are the closest thing they have to one this year (The Saints are a close second).

ScruU2wice Oct 18th, 2006 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat
How so? The guy is a good competitor with a good attitude towards the game. I haven't seen anything really negative about him and i've been watching him since 2003.

He dated Paris hilton, he's best friends with Nick Lechette, and the only class he took his senior year was dance.

I'm sure there are tons of more things that paint the sweet picture of a shark tooth necklace, roofie slipping, jock he is but I didn't feel like researching any more than the ones espn shoved in my face. He can play football that's lovely, but that's the last thing of his celebrity I care about.

Juttin Oct 18th, 2006 11:05 PM

Leave Captain Bubba alone :(

WhiteRat Oct 19th, 2006 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScruU2wice
Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat

He dated Paris hilton, he's best friends with Nick Lechette, and the only class he took his senior year was dance.

I'm sure there are tons of more things that paint the sweet picture of a shark tooth necklace, roofie slipping, jock he is but I didn't feel like researching any more than the ones espn shoved in my face. He can play football that's lovely, but that's the last thing of his celebrity I care about.

As far as him only taking dance, he was redshirted his freshman year which means he is granted an extra year of playing elegibility. In order for him to remain enrolled in school and play on the team he had to take at least one class. So he took dance, who cares.
And the celebrity status issue, he played at SoCal and won a Heisman. Of course he's going to be treated like a celebrity. Had he played at let's say Washington State or even Texas, he wouldn't of gotten that type of exposure.

I like the roofie slipping jock comment, too. Were you perhaps stuffed in a trash can by a football player in high school?

WhiteRat Oct 23rd, 2006 10:50 PM

thebiggameover Oct 24th, 2006 03:01 AM

a dude at work had a card shirt on with a paper taped on the back that said "worst team ever"...

WhiteRat Oct 24th, 2006 05:38 AM

You can thank Dennis Green for that.

timrpgland Oct 24th, 2006 12:10 PM

I loved the Dennis Green comment after the Bears game but yeah the Cardinals suck.

The Vikings looked good on Sunday even though Matt got injured and Shaun was out.

thebiggameover Oct 26th, 2006 06:31 AM

dear PIT:

please dont start big ben. batch can win this next one.

xxoo
thebiggameover

Fathom Zero Oct 26th, 2006 07:21 PM

Batch has lots of potential, he just gets outshined too much by Benny. I hope to see him play more in the future.

GADZOOKS Oct 27th, 2006 01:43 AM

More about Football Season on my Sports Blog: Sportos

http://www.novirginsallowed.com/fyb/sportos/

WhiteRat Oct 27th, 2006 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero
Batch has lots of potential, he just gets outshined too much by Benny. I hope to see him play more in the future.

dude, you do know that Batch has been in the league for like 9 years, right? His potential to flourish faded years ago in Detroit. He's a serviceable backup at best. That's it and that's all man.

thebiggameover Oct 27th, 2006 06:54 AM

i think for this game they could have maddox. i just dont want ben hurt again. you know there gonna go after him hard. steelers are my fav team and i dont want them to fuck up this year....

WhiteRat Oct 27th, 2006 07:45 AM

Maddox don't play fo the Steelers no mo.

thebiggameover Oct 30th, 2006 03:46 PM

wtf pit??? why? what the hell are you doing?

Fathom Zero Oct 30th, 2006 09:39 PM

I like Maddox better when he played insurance salesman.

And I didn't know Batch has been there for years. I don't ever hear much of him, probably because he IS a backup. Oh well. He's a serviceable quarterback when the situation calls for it.

Ben's gettng trashed over and over and it's really painful to watch him get hurt now. WE NEED OPTIONS.

WhiteRat Oct 31st, 2006 04:54 AM

I liked Maddox better when he played for the Los Angeles Xtreme.

GADZOOKS Oct 31st, 2006 09:02 AM

I tore my ACL, I might be out for the season.

Esuohlim Oct 31st, 2006 10:45 AM

Speaking of sports in general, how about those Tigers? :lol

GADZOOKS Nov 5th, 2006 04:06 PM

How em-BEAR-assing :lol

WhiteRat Nov 6th, 2006 02:43 AM

Em-BEAR-assing for you know, but it's embarassing for me to see my Vikings lose to the god damn 49ers 9-3.

GADZOOKS Nov 6th, 2006 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GADZOOKS
I hope the Bears lose too because football is ruining my city.

:rolleyes