I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Street Fighter IV (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697983)

Mockery Oct 17th, 2007 06:29 PM

Street Fighter IV

Has anybody seen this yet?

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26535.html

The animation is pretty badass. Their faces could look a lot better I think but damn, that's still a nice trailer.

Zomboid Oct 17th, 2007 06:57 PM

Fucking awesome. I was looking online for info about street fighter 4 last night when I saw the absolutely horrible movie on tv. I can't wait for this.

Chojin Oct 17th, 2007 08:09 PM

STREET OKAMI 4

But seriously, how about a few seconds of what gameplay is actually gonna look like? And if that's an approximation, I thought Capcom had learned from EX?

darkvare Oct 17th, 2007 08:30 PM

i cant see it cause of blockage is it 3d or 2d

Supafly345 Oct 26th, 2007 04:59 PM

Huh, where is the videogame in that trailer?

Angryhydralisk Oct 27th, 2007 12:18 PM

Teaser trailer indeed. If the game looked like that, it'd be kinda trippy.

Emu Oct 27th, 2007 12:27 PM

I don't typically keep up with the Street Fighter series but I remember playing like 10 of these on the SNES a decade ago. How are we only up to 4?

Guitar Woman Oct 27th, 2007 02:57 PM

Because that was Street Fighter ALPHA ZERO MEGA SUPER AWESOME EDITION 2: X

noob3 Oct 28th, 2007 04:29 PM

because unlike games similar to halo, street fighter rehashes come with new words most of the time instead of the new numbers

Chojin Oct 28th, 2007 07:39 PM

That makes things MUCH less confusing!

Also, what? Halo has Halo 1-3, Street Fighter has 1-3.

Guitar Woman Oct 28th, 2007 07:47 PM

And street figher ALPHA and street fighter TURBO and street fighter ALPHA TURBO and street fighter MEGA TURBALPHO ANNIVERSARY EDITION 5 ASKL;DFA;SLKDJGASDGFAS;LDFASDG

noob3 Oct 29th, 2007 12:57 PM

halo does not have halo alpha 2 or halo 2 turbo is what i am trying to say ;_;

Angryhydralisk Oct 29th, 2007 01:33 PM

Halo 2 Super Turbo Extra-Teabagging edition

Chojin Oct 29th, 2007 02:26 PM

Halo isn't old enough for that. However, it does have its plot broken up into tons of books, and now supplemented by Halo Wars.

Supafly345 Oct 30th, 2007 10:43 PM

I am pretty sure Halo will have no more numbers if they make any more though. It'll probably go the GTA route and have like "Covenent Tales" or something.

Max Radical Nov 4th, 2007 07:38 PM

I'm really looking forward to this - Street Fighter III Third Strike proved that Capcom could actually get over the "Street Fighter Photocopier" syndrome and improve upon the best 2D fighter there is.

The teaser shows nothing but "Yes, we're making another" and "It might be different!" That's damn good news already. I'll just have to chill and wait for the rest.

MetalMilitia Nov 5th, 2007 09:00 AM

Street Fighter 4: Official sponsors of Photoshop filters.

Despite that it does look pretty cool.

Chojin Dec 29th, 2007 09:58 PM

http://kotaku.com/338848/street-figh...t-the-gameplay

Judging from the comments, it looks like I'm not alone in thinking that this looks really strange.

Dr. Boogie Dec 29th, 2007 10:16 PM

The only thing I saw that looked strange were the facial expressions. Other than that, it just looks like they made the 2D fighter 3d.

Chojin Dec 29th, 2007 11:08 PM

It's not like someone's face is UNIMPORTANT OR SOMETHING

I would make a joke here but it is past my bedtime

mew barios Dec 30th, 2007 10:24 AM

ill be disappointed if there isn't an onscreen explosion every 3 seconds in the finished product

ZAKO the GREAT Dec 30th, 2007 10:46 PM

hope it's not another game like the EX series

Guitar Woman Dec 30th, 2007 11:11 PM

Why'd they take completely ridiculous screenshots like that

Zomboid Dec 30th, 2007 11:27 PM

Yeah, instead of action shots, they should've shown their pre-fight poses.

Chojin Dec 31st, 2007 12:03 PM

I was gonna say - those screenshots are better than most of the actual movies they showed.

I kinda appreciate the new art style, it just feels like it's inappropriate for this series.

soundtest Jan 1st, 2008 05:38 PM

Loved the 'ink splash' trailer, but I'm not so sure about the actual in-game footage. I don't like the character designs. I'm not saying SF4 should be all anime, but the designs are too Western for a SF game in my opinion. Also, style aside, the graphics are not very good. Actual gameplay looks fun though.

That said, the Capcom producer guy said the game is only like 10% finished or whatever so hopefully this will change.

Zomboid Jan 1st, 2008 08:47 PM

omg soundtest :O

MattJack Aug 14th, 2008 04:00 PM

Christ I want this game to be out.

Right.Now.

darkvare Aug 15th, 2008 10:37 AM

go to japan and play the arcades matt

MattJack Aug 15th, 2008 11:20 AM

If I went to Japan, playing SFIV would def be one of the top 3 things I'd want to do

I hope they release this for christmas, i've been a good boy :(

darkvare Aug 15th, 2008 12:07 PM

i wanna play as chun-li i wish the console version had extra costumes like chun-li's alpha suit :love

MattJack Aug 15th, 2008 01:49 PM

i was never really good with her, but I wish they had Sakura ;_;

In the tag based games that had SF in it, I'd typically have Sakura/Zangief. Feelings would constantly get hurt

darkvare Aug 15th, 2008 10:39 PM

yeah sakura is cool but her diagonal hadouken attack took my life more than once

Phoenix Gamma Aug 15th, 2008 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattJack (Post 574307)
i was never really good with her, but I wish they had Sakura ;_;

I believe Sakura came in second in the Capcom poll, first place being Cammy, so who knows?

I prefer Ibuki myself, just because ninjas are rad. Sadly, she didn't do so hot in the polls. This is why more people need to play SFIII Third Strike.

darkvare Aug 15th, 2008 11:32 PM

ibuki really sucks as a charachter she has good desing but otherwise she sucks
oh and by the way
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...es/253699.html
Spoilers!

Phoenix Gamma Aug 16th, 2008 12:04 AM

She was overpowered in the second version, IIRC

Angryhydralisk Aug 16th, 2008 12:34 PM

Why is Akuma getting dominated by a French guy?

Still cool he's in, though.

darkvare Aug 16th, 2008 02:51 PM

cause is in extra easy difficulty i guess

Duct Tape Ninja Aug 23rd, 2008 12:58 AM

After looking at the gameplay footage i feel that it's just too cartoony from when i first played SF2.

bigtimecow Aug 23rd, 2008 11:39 AM

really? i think it looks exactly the same, just brought up appropriately in 3-d

Phoenix Gamma Aug 23rd, 2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duct Tape Ninja (Post 575508)
After looking at the gameplay footage i feel that it's just too cartoony from when i first played SF2.

So real.

soundtest Dec 5th, 2008 01:03 PM

Anybody else check this out yet? I played it in Tokyo a few months ago and to be honest, I wasn't impressed. I don't know what I was expecting really, but it left me a bit underwhelmed. Other than the graphics, it didn't seem to offer anything new. The camera also seemed to stick to the 2D plane a lot more than in the gameplay videos I watched. None of this is bad (in fact, it's exactly what I wanted), but it's also nothing to get excited over either.

That said, one cool thing was that the cabinets at the arcade were networked, so a challenger from somewhere else in the arcade could join in at any time and decimate me.

:domo

Zomboid Dec 5th, 2008 03:34 PM

It's not out here yet, is it?

darkvare Dec 5th, 2008 04:54 PM

comes out in february in the mean time fei long, gen, sakura, cammy and dan have been confirmed and honestly i hope the rumored rose makes it too

Jeff The Ninja Dec 6th, 2008 07:19 AM

Also, according to some guys who work at my local EB. They are releasing some arcade sticks and 6button "saturn style" controllers.

Im hoping for a ton of downloadable characters. Wishing they would just put in ALL the characters. Just for a Hugo vs Zangeif, Balrog VS Dudley, and Guy VS Ibuki. Those would be sweet matches.

Angryhydralisk Dec 6th, 2008 01:08 PM

They've confirmed 25 characters for the console. Basically the original 12, the four new characters, the two bosses, Akuma, Sakura, Gen, Rose, Dan, Fei-Long, and Cammy.

Durrsomething Dec 7th, 2008 09:15 AM

Game should have some more characters from SF3 like Ibuki, Elena, Yang and his brother, Oro, and Q along with some EX characters like Skullomania, then we can have the whole SF family in the game

Jeff The Ninja Dec 8th, 2008 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durrsomething (Post 600414)
Skullomania

How about we go all out and include Final Fight and Rival Schools. Shoma Sawamura VS Haggar anyone?

darkvare Dec 8th, 2008 12:03 PM

i just want guy from final fight

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 8th, 2008 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff The Ninja (Post 600574)
How about we go all out and include Final Fight and Rival Schools. Shoma Sawamura VS Haggar anyone?

Batter up!

pac-man Dec 9th, 2008 01:57 AM

The roster they've got is fine, just release the fucking game already.

Girl Drink Drunk Dec 9th, 2008 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff The Ninja (Post 600574)

How about we just rename the game "Capcom Tournament Fighters" or some shit like that, and include all the characters from every Capcom fighter or beat-em-up :rolleyes:

Nick Dec 12th, 2008 02:46 AM

Didn't Capcom have some game like that planned, but canceled it?

MattJack Feb 17th, 2009 06:43 PM

Woke up this morning and got my copy.

Come get you some on Xbox live bit*hes

Zomboid Feb 17th, 2009 06:56 PM

I'm not at my place in the city right now, but as soon as I get back there, IT'S ON!

darkvare Feb 17th, 2009 09:50 PM

noooooooooooooooo mine is not here yet :( some one needs to die >:

MattJack Feb 17th, 2009 11:56 PM

Sam and I played. We are about wut n wuttt

Zhukov Feb 18th, 2009 06:53 AM

I tried to play it on Live today but it seems that I must be the only person in the southern hemisphere with a copy, since it just keeps connecting me to slow servers a billion killometers away no mater what I do.

Schimid Feb 18th, 2009 12:11 PM

I love it. My old standbys of Ken and Cammy are still as I love them and I'll probably use El Fuerte a lot too. And Dan, always Dan.

I'm a little upset that they made Vega a charge character though. Vega has been my favorite character in the series since the beginning and I've never been able to use him.

Sam Feb 18th, 2009 02:14 PM

Vega has always been a charge character.

Schimid Feb 18th, 2009 02:31 PM

Has he? I remember him having full-circle moves back in SFII, that's why I never played him. Maybe he turned into a Guile a few games ago and I missed it and I'm just suffering the shock now, but I could swear he used to be like Zangief :[

EDIT - Nope, looking back at the movelist for The New Challengers, yeah, he was always a charge character. Wonder where I got the idea that he was otherwise...

Sam Feb 18th, 2009 03:59 PM

I think the only other people to have full circle moves were Birdie and T. Hawk

MattJack Feb 18th, 2009 06:10 PM

Yeah Vega has always been a charge guy. He can wreck face though if you use him correctly (SFII Hyper).

I think with SFIV Sagat is one of the best. I'm pretty good with Ken and Zangief though. RIGHT SAM?

ZanGoodGrief!

Microshock Feb 18th, 2009 07:46 PM

Is this game even worth 60 bucks? It seems it'd be better if it came out at 40 dollars or something.

MattJack Feb 18th, 2009 09:22 PM

Well tbh if you aren't into fighting games, especially the old skool fighting type, then you probably won't like shelling out 60 bucks for it.

Also, every game would be better if it came out for 40 bucks d:

pac-man Feb 19th, 2009 03:39 AM

After spending some time with it at a friend's place, I don't know if I'd pay 60 bucks for it, and I do like it a lot. It just feels like it should've been titled Super Street Fighter II Turbo 3D.

OxBlood Feb 19th, 2009 04:29 AM

As far as I can see, the fighting system is far more advanced than back then, just watch those IGN-Strat Videos

pac-man Feb 19th, 2009 04:37 AM

I'm not saying it's just a face lift. Almost every iteration of SF has tweaked the gameplay, this one included. I just don't think the new wrinkles are significant enough to make me run out and shell out 60 bones. Not when multiple versions of SF are accessible and cheap. Plus plenty of used copies will be available in no time.

OxBlood Feb 19th, 2009 09:21 AM

That´s propably true...the main problem over here is that the game comes out next week and the goddamn fightpads are delayed until april apparently.

Zhukov Feb 19th, 2009 10:10 AM

I paid 77.2603 US dollars and I don't feel cheated. I am having a blast being pummeled by the computer in Easy mode.

I've never really been into Street Fighter so perhaps this feels completely new to me because of that reason.

Who has arcade sticks? How are people finding them? I was thinking of getting a couple if they enhanced the control/experience in any way, but of course they just seem gimmicky to me at first glance.

pac-man Feb 19th, 2009 12:22 PM

Are you playing on PS3 or 360, Zhukov? I ask because the 360 control pad is a pain (although it feels much more responsive for SFIV than it does for SSFIIHDRemix). I haven't used an arcade stick, but I'd imagine it improving gameplay for 360 players who really want to master the game.

Phoenix Gamma Feb 19th, 2009 11:35 PM

I really like it, but I kinda miss some of the missing cast. I mean, sure, it's hard to balance more characters, but Matoko, Ibuki, and Karen were favorites of mine. Oh well, at least T. Hawk and Dee Jay might be added.

My favorite character's probably Sakura, which is odd, because I can't use her for shit in any of the other games. I like her EX moves a lot, even if her Hadoken is garbage. Ryu's still another standby, though I'm trying to wein myself off of Ryu/Ken. Also, Dan's surprisingly easy to pick up.

I don't suppose anyone has tips for C.Viper? She's pretty badass, but I can't use her for the life of me.

pac-man Feb 20th, 2009 03:47 AM

I didn't care for C. Viper either (sorry to be a "not me" post). Her EX/Ultra Combos are pretty badass, though. Rufus, imo, is the easiest new character to learn and succeed with. I don't miss T. Hawk or Dee Jay at all, probably because I never took the time to get to know them. My favorite EX/Ultras are Zangief, Honda, and Abel, but mainly due to their sheer brutality... I really only use my combos in desperation or as finishers. After spending some more time with it, though, it's definitely a great fighter but I still wouldn't pay 60 bucks.

Skulhedface Feb 20th, 2009 11:57 AM

I'd love to play this against you guys, but it seems I'm the only person on I-Mock that uses PSN instead of Xbox Live. Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me for buying a damn PS3 :(

Zomboid Feb 20th, 2009 01:54 PM

What the fuck is with the gay title screen song?

I just got this.

pac-man Feb 20th, 2009 02:04 PM

LOL... it made me think of the "Let's Fighting Love" song from South Park.

Zomboid Feb 20th, 2009 02:14 PM

"Settle down and start a family? I have much to do before I can consider that!"

What an effective victory taunt.

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 20th, 2009 06:26 PM

Do you think when the new street fighter movie comes out sales will drop for Street Fighter IV?

pac-man Feb 20th, 2009 06:34 PM

Yes, but only because they'll release Street Fighter: The Movie II and we'll all remember how much we love digitized character graphics.

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 20th, 2009 08:29 PM

Oh dear. I had forgotten about that gem. I always liked the fact of how they added Akuma into the videogame based on the movie based on the videogame. It's like they added a secret character to the movie :hypno

They should dig up those 50,000 copies of e.t. and bury copies of that game instead.

MattJack Feb 20th, 2009 09:19 PM

The title song is annoying, just like Marvel Vs Capcom's song(GONNA TAKE A BALLROOM RIDE!).

I've been playing online a bit and 9/10 you will fight a cast/uppercut opponent (ie Ken, Ryu, Akuma, etc etc). All the gamers tend to use the same strategy with all of them too, so if you are decent with any other character that isn't a cast/uppercut type then you will ttly pwn sauce dem up.

I tend to hurt their feelings with Zangief. He's destroys Ken/Ryu.

MattJack Feb 20th, 2009 09:20 PM

Also I think Sagat is the best character in the game. He can Tiger Uppercut a space shuttle.

King Hadas Feb 20th, 2009 09:33 PM

hows Balrog?

Phoenix Gamma Feb 20th, 2009 10:47 PM

Sagat's always the best character, it seems. Not that I particularly mind, but it'd be nice to see him nerfed a bit so he's not so intimidating in high-level play.

As for Balrog, he's a fucking beast. Scary as shit, and can dish out some absurd damage. Everyone I've played with really likes him.

Schimid Feb 21st, 2009 12:17 AM

Yeah, Sagat is usually one of the best and Dan is always the worst.

I wanna play El Fuerte, but Christ he's hard to land a hit with. Absolutely anything I do out of my Habanero dash is either blocked or just doesn't hit at all. Playing Vega is infuriating too, since all he has to do is CHOO CHOO backwards and I run right through him.

Zhukov Feb 21st, 2009 05:58 AM

I am on 360. My name is Joe Vince.

pac-man Feb 21st, 2009 07:48 AM

Dan is actually balanced well in this one. Although I personally can't use them, my friend has shown me how dominant Gouken is and how much Sagat is a badass (the Tiger Knee gives me fits). Like MattJack I tend to use Zangief to break up people who abuse Ken and Ryu; and for the first time ever I'm not feeling Balrog, who I used to love as a kid because his charge attacks and turnaround punch were easy and effective. It doesn't seem as if he packs as much punch anymore. I should just go ahead and buy this game now.

Phoenix Gamma Feb 21st, 2009 10:17 AM

I've won matches with Dan. He's surprisingly usable this time. I like his QCB Kick.

MattJack Feb 21st, 2009 06:21 PM

Yeah I'm starting to learn Gouken. I bet he's one of the best in the game if you learn how to use him.

I agree with Schimid on El Fuerte. The problem with him is that he pretty much gives his oppenent a notice that he's about to do his lame ass special moves. As soon as I see him run I just block or special move his ass.

King Hadas Feb 21st, 2009 07:41 PM

how's Dhalsim?

pac-man Feb 21st, 2009 08:40 PM

Haven't used him yet.

Schimid Feb 21st, 2009 08:42 PM

Dhalsim is slow. You can do some neat stuff with him, he has a good projectile and a few good shutdown moves, but my favorite thing is his YOGA CATASTROPHE. It's just a small ball of fire that moves across the stage veeeery slowly. Easily blocked...until you teleport behind them and Crouch MK them into it. Throwing works too.

Phoenix Gamma Feb 24th, 2009 01:54 AM

I'm starting to like Cammy a lot. I think her and Sakura are going to be my go-to-gals to replace the usual Ryu/Ken standbys I've used for over a decade.

It's not that Ryu and Ken are bad. But everyone uses Ryu and Ken :(

OxBlood Feb 24th, 2009 03:19 AM

Because Ryu and Ken are easy to learn and fun :)

But I do prefer Sakura too actually. Mainly because of her Shoryuken-Variant, it goes over almost half of the screen. Easy to hit with :) Also people tend to mispredict her Hadoken and jump right into the charged one.

Phoenix Gamma Feb 24th, 2009 07:35 AM

Dude, her EX Shoryuken hits for days.

Kilgore Cod Feb 24th, 2009 09:48 PM

I've been itching to get this ever since it was first announced. I'll probably break down and buy it by the end of the week.

Zomboid Feb 25th, 2009 12:52 AM

I like playing as Balrog and Ryu :)

pac-man Feb 25th, 2009 01:07 AM

You know what's fun? Going back and playing MK vs. DC Universe.

Sam Feb 25th, 2009 01:14 AM

I GOT BOTH, SO IT'S WHATEVER TO ME. :rolleyes

pac-man Feb 25th, 2009 01:17 AM

I've got MK vs. DC, but I'd ignored it for the longest. They should've just stuck the 2D plane for it.