I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Art (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   I'm new, here's some of my Art Shit. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69699163)

Kitsa Mar 3rd, 2008 08:38 PM

I'm new, here's some of my Art Shit.

Mostly food stuff right now. There should be an Ichi the Killer one in there somewhere.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kitsa_s...7603564413806/

Pub Lover Mar 3rd, 2008 08:46 PM

You don't look Japanese, Sakurako.

Tadao Mar 3rd, 2008 08:47 PM

That is really cool! Do you try to preserve these in any way or is their destiny grim?

And let me be the first to hit on you. ;)

Kitsa Mar 3rd, 2008 08:48 PM

I'm not. Total gaijin.

Tadao: Grim, usually. I make them as my lunches when I have the time. And thanks for the intentions, but I doubt you'd want me at the moment; I'm knocked up with twins. :)

Emu Mar 3rd, 2008 08:50 PM

oh my god someone call noob3

Tadao Mar 3rd, 2008 08:53 PM

Do you have any Japanese in you?

Kitsa Mar 3rd, 2008 08:56 PM

Not that I know of. I've just always liked Japanese stuff.

Tadao Mar 3rd, 2008 09:01 PM

Guys, I can't do the joke. I'm sorry. I do like your work though. Thanks for showing it. I am 1/2 Jap 1/2 White and I'm into Asian culture to some extent. If you'd like I'll point you to a wonderful forum and Magazine on Asian culture. I just can't tell these guys here or they might stalk me there.

King Hadas Mar 3rd, 2008 09:26 PM

I don't mind japanese culture though it's not a place I'd want to live, from what I understand it's an extremely insular country. Anime is the problem, I'm not trying to be funny, I sincerely believe it is unhealthy for the human mind and if I ever have kids I'll do my best to keep them clear of it.

I like your food art by the way, they all look good but I have to ask do they taste good? Maybe with food art that's not that important but seriously, referring to the Ichi the Killer one, pieces of turkey slathered in mustard with a gummibear side dish doesn't sound all that appealing. Though, I've never had black rice before, maybe that brings it all together.

Kitsa Mar 3rd, 2008 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 536012)
Guys, I can't do the joke. I'm sorry.

oh, something like "how would I know", wocka wocka wocka? Heh. Sorry if I disappointed.:lol

...as far as how they taste...well, since I actually do have to eat them, I do the best I can. Sometimes the lunches include an un-photogenic piece of fruit, container of yogurt, or whatever. As far as the slabs of lunchmeat used for faces, I usually end up scraping off any surplus mayo (or mustard or whatever) and just rolling it up like a tube and eating that. It's not too bad. Black rice is okay, although I don't like using it too often (the black starch-goo plays hell with the rice cooker). There's a red variety that's sweet, but then you run into red goo playing hell with the rice cooker.

The gummi tongue was mainly for effect. The only thing that really eked me out with the Ichi bento was the foil I had to use for piercings. I freaked trying to make sure I'd gotten it all out of there. If you've ever bitten down on foil with a metal filling, you'll understand why.

Tadao Mar 3rd, 2008 10:53 PM

Nah, the joke goes like this.

No.

Would you like one?

I looked at your Flicker page more. Can I ask a few personel questions? Has to do with OCD.

Kitsa Mar 3rd, 2008 10:58 PM

Sure, go for it.

Tadao Mar 3rd, 2008 11:03 PM

We here make a lot of jokes about OCD and such, but in the ART SHIT forum it's not allowed. So please don't think I'm making light of it or fucking with you.

Did your food art come from your OCD? Like do you have to arrange your food before you eat it and this is a creative compromise?

Kitsa Mar 3rd, 2008 11:08 PM

LOL, in regard to the whole "fucking with you" thing, don't worry. I don't take myself that seriously. People who do are practically asking for it.

Nah, the bento stuff is more about being bored as hell. I don't have to arrange food to feel okay about it, I'm not a straightener or an arranger. There's very little of my OCD that has to do with everything being exactly so (although organizing stuff is more entertaining to me than it probably should be). Most of my stuff centers around handwashing, having standards for cleanliness other people find a bit odd, and pulling my hair when I'm stressed out. I pretty much have it under control.

Tadao Mar 4th, 2008 12:15 AM

Hey! Thanks for letting me go into that. Welcome to the boards. I'll offend you soon so it was nice being friends. :)

Oh, I also sent you a private message with the link to that other site.

liquidstatik Mar 4th, 2008 01:10 AM

TADOA DON'T BE SO SHY MAN, GO GET HER

Tadao Mar 4th, 2008 01:36 AM

Sir! She is not an object to be gat! If you treat her in such a manner again, I shall be forced to defend her honor!

liquidstatik Mar 4th, 2008 03:11 AM

where do i knooooooooowww that :o
p.s. good stuff, kitsa. :D

Pub Lover Mar 4th, 2008 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 536031)
Nah, the joke goes like this.

No.

Would you like one?

The joke relies on a previously established fact.

The fact being that Tadao is Japanese (partially).

& a perv.

Chojin Mar 11th, 2008 06:27 PM

well, i think this is just adorable ;<

Guitar Woman Mar 12th, 2008 05:13 PM

<3

MLE Mar 13th, 2008 03:18 AM

This is some of the coolest stuff i've seen with food in a long time! Please keep it up, and update us when you have more!

Kitsa Mar 13th, 2008 05:16 PM

Thanks. The link should be updated with 2 new bentos today (you might have to scroll to the bottom for them); I'm going to do 3 more tomorrow, or maybe over the weekend if I'm feeling lazy.

Slobulus Mar 14th, 2008 06:06 AM

JESUS CHRIST! (oh, i hope that was ok...*looks around*) I am impressed. I wouldn't want to eat them. Except the sandwich. And thats only because it looks freaked out like "noo dont eat me!" and I'd be like "shut up you slut, I'm eating you NOW!! WAAALLRaaaAAAGGGGHH!!!" lol...

....yes. Im a little touched in the brain.

Seriously though. Great art! You should put these all together and make a fancy food book if you haven't done so already! Me likes! ;)

Now make one with a drooping eye ball and puss all over it! =D

Kitsa Mar 14th, 2008 01:12 PM

heh, thanks...yeah, I originally started doing the sandwich faces just to mess with my boyfriend. It freaks him out and he has to pick the faces off before he'll eat them.

When I was a little kid and had chicken or beef or whatever on my plate, my dad used to go, "Mooooo! Nooo, don't eat me, mooooo! That hurts! I thought I was your friend! Moooo!" He thought it was funny, but I have a hard time eating meat to this day.

It really doesn't take too much effort to mess up your kids, lol.

liquidstatik Mar 14th, 2008 01:34 PM

HEY SLOB THAT WAS THE DUMBEST THING I'VE READ ALL YEAR

Tadao Mar 14th, 2008 02:39 PM

Hahaha I'm going to do what your dad did to my girlfriend.

Fat_Hippo Mar 14th, 2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidstatik (Post 538564)

That's bullshit and you know it.:blah You're on this forum so much you're bound to have read something dumber. Probably within the last couple of days.

Slobulus Mar 14th, 2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 538552)
heh, thanks...yeah, I originally started doing the sandwich faces just to mess with my boyfriend. It freaks him out and he has to pick the faces off before he'll eat them.

When I was a little kid and had chicken or beef or whatever on my plate, my dad used to go, "Mooooo! Nooo, don't eat me, mooooo! That hurts! I thought I was your friend! Moooo!" He thought it was funny, but I have a hard time eating meat to this day.

It really doesn't take too much effort to mess up your kids, lol.

Tell me about it. One time, I walked in on my mom and dad and well..

..I think it'd be easier if I just said I was still a virgin. >:

Slobulus Mar 14th, 2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidstatik (Post 538564)

WOOOT WOOT!! yay!:domo

Kitsa Mar 25th, 2008 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slobulus (Post 538512)
JESUS CHRIST! (oh, i hope that was ok...*looks around*)
Seriously though. Great art! You should put these all together and make a fancy food book if you haven't done so already! Me likes! ;)

I'm sorry, Slobulus, I completely missed this. That's nice of you, thanks :)

I have three "pieces" (or whatever the hell you want to call them) in a book that's just now coming out, and I just signed on to have 40-odd in another book due out in the fall. As a matter of fact, I'm currently going nuts trying to meet that deadline.

I'd mention the books specifically but I don't want to violate any spam rules, not to mention make a self-promoting ass out of myself. :)

executioneer Mar 25th, 2008 06:20 PM

you could make a signature that links to them or put a link in your profile

thepiemockmaster May 16th, 2008 09:25 PM

???

executioneer May 16th, 2008 10:12 PM

shut up???

executioneer May 16th, 2008 10:26 PM

how bout you put your mouth on a crocodile's d*ck, o wait too late

Fathom Zero May 17th, 2008 12:24 AM

MockMaster is a horrible gollywog.

Tadao Sep 6th, 2008 02:24 PM

I saw this and thought of Kitsa.

http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overl...-cant-eat.html

funnyblood Sep 6th, 2008 07:58 PM

awesome stuff.

doopa Dec 21st, 2008 04:08 PM

haha very cool. i agree you should do a book

edit - n/m just saw you are already doing that. tell us what the book is

LordSappington Dec 30th, 2008 01:16 PM

Wow, first time I've even stepped into the Art Shit forum, and I'm already amazed.
I'm not really a big fan of art, but I thought that your bento stuff was pretty damn awesome. Keep it up!
Oh, and I thought you might appreciate this; it's a pretty good Japanese culture site, too.
http://www.pinktentacle.com/2008/04/...-album-covers/

Kitsa Dec 31st, 2008 08:33 AM

Thanks...

The first book I had 3 of my bentos in, it was called Face Food. It wasn't quite what I thought it'd be, when I submitted my work...I'm one of only 2 Americans in the book, and it's more about the Japanese mothers and what goes into their kyaraben (the ones that exactly duplicate existing cartoon characters, etc). I was a little out of place with my oekakiben (pictures I made up myself).

The next book has (I think) 45 of my bentos, it's called 500 Bento Box Lunches. The publication date has been pushed back a couple of times, but it should be late winter/early spring.

I also just did a thing for Anorak magazine in the UK, that was fun.

Kitsa Mar 23rd, 2009 08:16 PM

The publisher sent me an email from her Blackberry, heh. The book's at the printer's! :D

Tadao Mar 23rd, 2009 09:46 PM

:D

Kitsa Mar 24th, 2009 07:31 AM

The funniest thing about that is I usually find myself making the :D face when I type :D

Babs Mar 26th, 2009 04:42 PM

I heart Kitsa..... I heart Kitsa a lot :love

Kitsa Mar 26th, 2009 05:03 PM

April 14-17 is the word from Amazon.

I can't believe it's been like a year wait, deadline to publication.

Dixie Mar 28th, 2009 12:20 AM

I'm amazed by your talents and I admire you, Kitsa.
:)

Kitsa Mar 28th, 2009 09:34 AM

Aw, that was nice to say, CiG :D

Kitsa Aug 26th, 2011 08:20 AM

Thank you for making me nostagic, irrele-bot.

Tadao Aug 26th, 2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 536007)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 536008)
Not that I know of. I've just always liked Japanese stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 536012)
Guys, I can't do the joke. I'm sorry. I do like your work though. Thanks for showing it. I am 1/2 Jap 1/2 White and I'm into Asian culture to some extent. If you'd like I'll point you to a wonderful forum and Magazine on Asian culture. I just can't tell these guys here or they might stalk me there.

:(

Kitsa Aug 26th, 2011 08:42 PM

:lol

Pram Maven Sep 19th, 2011 06:23 AM

You have the luckiest kids in the world if they get little art lunches, Kitsa. :)

I don't sculpt with food, but can definitely relate to the temporary nature of the medium.

monicat Nov 28th, 2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 535999)
Mostly food stuff right now. There should be an Ichi the Killer one in there somewhere.

I absolutely love your art. Who would have thought you could do such arty stuff with such simple things!