I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Events (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   FORUM EVENT: "I-MOCKERY'S 2012 SECRET SANTA EVENT!" (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69708860)

replicant Dec 17th, 2012 01:11 PM

Awesome hauls people!! :D I totally want that set. I had The Unholy on VHS long ago. I have a thing for Ben Cross...rawr! hehe

Ex Leper Dec 17th, 2012 02:04 PM

I'm glad everything arrived safely. Those are two of my all time favorite albums, sadly both bands are no long together but you now have there best.

Mockery Dec 17th, 2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Punk_Hippie (Post 764577)
A WILD PACKAGE APPEARS!

& seeing that the only other things I'm waiting for are hair dye or candy canes, I figured this had to be my Secret Santa package! YAY
(either that, or the amount I paid for shipping for the hair dye actually WAS a bargain....)

Someone down there likes me, as I got Rog as my Secret Santa XD
(& I'm not talking about in hell - I'm in Canada, so most of you people live south of me)

I didn't even wait 10 minutes before tearing into this, like a fat kid with a box of turtles. & by fat kid, I mean me. & by box of turtles, I mean box of turtles.

I either got an unpublished novel, or some crazy person's manifesto. Maybe both. But the sweet words are for MY EYES ONLY!

... after reading the letter, I have learned that if I don't comply & show myself using everything in the box, my bank account information will be released to the world (meh), & I will have my forum name changed to 'Paris Hilton's #1 Fan'
DEAR GOD NOOOOOOOO!!!!

After all, what's Christmas without any threats of humiliation?
So, let's get this party started!!!

Domo seems to know how to party (he IS a superior lover after all, according to his button)
I'll be putting these lights up later tonight when my fiance gets home from work. & in a year & a half when we leave this apartment & are living in our awesome campervan, they'll be coming with us
(I'm actually being serious here, they are going to look AWESOME in our van! I'd put them up in there now, but I'm worried about the cold making them brittle. But just look at how awesomely retro this van is! Domo is going to turn it into such a happenin' place!)

Here's an overview of what I have to work with:

A sweet reusable bag with lions on one side & HOLY SHIT DINOSAURS on the other (I actually didn't realize there were dinosaurs on the other side - I'm used to reusable bags having the same picture on both sides :P)
Multi-coloured slime
Domo party lights
& a Mars Attack figure with a computer game

Awesome I Mockery merchandise! Postcards, t-shirt, pixel poster, shiny stickers, & a 'Tickle My Pickle' button (that, because I'm female, I'm reading something disturbing into ;D)

Edibles! Hallowe'en Kit Kat, candy buttons, laffy taffy, eggnog tea, a hatching dinosaur egg, & wacky packages stickers & gum

I'm going to have a fun time trying to play that Mars Attack game - my laptop doesn't even have a freaking CD drive, I have no idea where I'm going to find a floppy drive :P
(& DAT SYSTEM REQUIREMENT! OMG! {Windows 3.1 & 2 megs of ram})

I'll be using that reusable bag everytime I do groceries. Each time, it'll save me 3 cents because of the store I go to. It's the gift that keeps on giving! :D

My fiance grabbed up the 'tickle my pickle' button, because he had a great idea for it.... well, great according to him...

(I'd say I'm sorry, but I'm really not. ENJOY THE VISUALS!!!!)

I also let him have one of the shiny stickers for his shiny Yu-Gi-Oh binder, & I stuck the other one on PhishPoop (my laptop)

Next, I had to get into the foodstuffs. Despite the warning on the side of the package AND the fact that Rog mentioned not swallowing the egg, I figured that meant I should swallow it.
Down the hatch

My new shirt seems to be very appropriate for this situation

It got stuck in my throat, so I guess I'll have to wait a few days until it dissolves. I'll take some more pictures once it hatches & tears it's way out of my throat.

Since I needed something to wash that egg down, I HAD to try this tea (& not just because I was threatened with total humiliation if I didn't).
I have this thing about eggnog flavoured stuff. I'm one of the few people who remembers eggnog flavoured candy canes. You remember me mentioning waiting for candy canes in the mail? Yeah, I spent $16 to buy some stupid gourmet eggnog flavoured candy canes recently. But we're not talking about that, we're talking about this tea

It's delicious! It actually tastes like eggnog & tea (which go together much better than I would have thought). I had high expectations from Bigelow, & once again they didn't let me down :D

I also opened the stickers, but they weren't very tasty

The gum wasn't bad though, but what's with wrapping it in plastic??? It didn't have that wonderful cardboard flavour that I remember from my childhood.

So, expect some more pictures from me once I manage to incubate the dinosaur in my throat long enough for it to hatch. Like most women, I'm willing to sacrifice my body for the good of our species (although unlike most women, I think our species sucks & would love to see it get torn to shreds by dinosaurs)

Thanos - Let us know if you receive more gifts in the mail. I hope you do, because if not, we'll have to talk to your Secret Santa.

The_Punk_Hippie - Glad my gifts arrived aok and glad you like the tea flavor! When you said you liked tea, I set out to find the most uncommon flavor I could track down in the short amount o' time I had. I didn't even know eggnog flavor existed. Also, can't wait to see how the Domo lights look in the van, but yeah, I would wait until it's warmer out too. Glad ya like 'em though!

Don't forget to take photos of you making your slime with the kit I sent ya! Looking forward to seeing your dinosaur hatch too, and you MUST find a way to play that Mars Attacks PC game that came with the figure! Oh so much work to be done!

Also, that note wasn't for your eyes alone, but I'll save you the trouble and copy-paste it here:
AHOY PUNK HIPPIE!

FIRST OFF, THIS ENTIRE LETTER IS GOING TO BE IN CAPS LOCK, BECAUSE I WANT YOU TO IMAGINE ME YELLING ALL OF THIS AT YOU.

MY, MY, MY… AREN’T YOU THE LUCKY ONE! YOU GOT ME, ROGER BARR (AKA: -ROG-, PICKLEMAN, DOLPH LUNDGREN, ETC.) AS YOUR SECRET SANTA THIS YEAR. THAT MEANS YOU ARE RECEIVING THE ABSOLUTE BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENTS THAT MONEY STOLEN DIRECTLY FROM HELPLESS BLIND ORPHANS CAN BUY!

CONSIDERING I LITERALLY HAD TO HIKE UP A MOUNTAIN AND DIVE INTO A VOLCANO TO ACQUIRE SOME OF THESE GIFTS, IT IS YOUR CIVIC DUTY TO TAKE PHOTOS AND/OR VIDEOS OF YOU PUTTING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM TO USE. AND WHEN I SAY PUTTING THEM TO USE, I DON’T MEAN JUST HOLDING THEM UP AND SMILING… I MEAN, YOU BETTER *USE* THEM, AND PUT ASIDE ANY FEARS ABOUT WHAT THE MAYANS SAID ABOUT HOW DOING SO WILL BRING UPON THE APOCALYPSE. YOU BETTER POST THIS LETTER TOO, JUST TO BE SAFE.

NOW THAT YOU POSSESS THIS VITAL INFORMATION, LET’S DO A RUNDOWN OF ALL THE INCREDIBLY VALUABLE TRINKETS OF TERROR YOU ARE RECEIVING FROM THE MOST AMAZING MAN ON THE INTERNET.

GIFT #1 – DOMO-KUN PARTY LIGHTS.
HOLY CRAP! DESTROY EVERY OTHER LIGHT BULB IN YOUR HOUSE, FOR THERE IS NO BETTER WAY TO ILLUMINATE YOUR WORLD THAN WITH THE RAINBOW GLOW OF MULTIPLE ANGRY DOMO-KUNS.

GIFT #2 – MARS ATTACKS DOOM ROBOT.
WHAT!? A VINTAGE 1996 TOY COMPLETE WITH A “COMPUTER MISSION DISK” VIDEO GAME!? THAT’S THE GODDAMN COOLEST THING I’VE EVER HEARD OF! AND NO, I DON’T CARE IF YOU DON’T HAVE A 3½“ DISK DRIVE. YOU MUST FIND A WAY TO PLAY IT AND DISCUSS YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH US. JUST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE 2 MEGS OF HARD DRIVE SPACE AVAILABLE FOR IT AND WINDOWS 3.1.

GIFT #3 – AN OFFICIAL I-MOCKERY T-SHIRT.
WAIT, WHAT ON EARTH POSSESSED ME TO GIVE YOU A T-SHIRT THAT’S MORE VALUABLE THAN PLUTONIUM? WE’RE TALKING ABOUT A DOC BROWN T-SHIRT THAT GLOWS-IN-THE-DARK AND HAS AN I-MOCKERY LOGO ON ITS SLEEVE TOO? YOU COULD TRADE THIS FOR A NEW HOUSE, THAT’S HOW VALUABLE IT IS. BUT YOU BETTER NOT TRADE IT, OR I’LL KNOW, BECAUSE I HID A MICROSCOPIC TRACKING DEVICE SOMEWHERE IN THE THREADING OF THE SHIRT.

GIFT #4 – A “HATCH ‘EM” DINOSAUR EGG.
THAT’S RIGHT, I GAVE YOU YOUR VERY OWN DINOSAUR TO HATCH. WHILE I KNOW IT MAY BE TEMPTING, PLEASE HEED THE WARNING ON THE SIDE OF THE BOX AND “DO NOT SWALLOW” THE DINOSAUR EGG. I APOLOGIZE IF THE DINOSAUR ATTACKS YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONES. IT’S A DINOSAUR. WHAT’D YOU EXPECT!?

GIFT #5 – EGG NOG FLAVORED TEA.
I NOTICED THAT YOU LIKED TEA, SO I FOUND A TEA FLAVOR THAT SOUNDED LIKE IT COULD EITHER BE THE BEST OR WORST THING IN THE WORLD. EITHER WAY, IT’S PERFECT FOR THE HOLIDAYS, AND YOU ARE HEREBY REQUIRED TO FINISH THE ENTIRE BOX.

GIFT #6 – GOBBLEDYGOOP.
DO I WANT YOU TO MAKE YOUR OWN MULTI-COLORED SLIME? YOU BET I DO. WHAT YOU DO WITH IT IS ENTIRELY UP TO YOU, BUT I LIKE ALL THE GIFTS YOU’RE RECEIVING, I EXPECT TO SEE DETAILED PHOTOGRAPHS OF YOU PUTTING IT TO GOOD USE.

GIFT #7 – WACKY PACKAGES.
THEY’RE NOT THE ORIGINAL ONES FROM WHEN I WAS A KID, BUT THEY’RE STILL PRETTY GREAT AND YOU EVEN GET A STICK OF GUM WITH THEM. WHAT A DEAL!

GIFT #8 – I-MOCKERY’S 8-BIT WINTER PIXEL POSTER.
THE MONA LISA? CRAP. THE SISTINE CHAPEL? PFFT. THIS IS THE ONLY PIECE OF ARTWORK THAT WILL EVER MATTER IN YOUR LIFE FROM HERE ON OUT. WHAT BETTER WAY TO CELEBRATE THE WINTER SEASON THAN WITH OVER 150 PIXELATED POP CULTURE CHARACTERS? I DON’T KNOW WHERE YOU KEEP YOUR FAVORITE PICTURES, BUT THROW THEM IN THE TRASH AND PUT THIS POSTER IN THEIR PLACE.

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT. I MAY THROW A FEW EXTRAS INTO THE BOX, BUT THIS THING IS ALREADY GONNA COST ME A FORTUNE TO SHIP TO CANADA. WE’RE TALKING A MINIMUM OF $769,312.53 HERE. IF I EVER HAVE TO SHUT DOWN I-MOCKERY.COM BECAUSE I COULDN’T AFFORD TO PAY THE HOSTING BILLS, YOU’LL JUST HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE FACT THAT IT WAS ALL YOUR FAULT.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS,

-RoG-

P.S.: IF YOU DON’T DO A GOOD JOB OF TAKING PHOTOS AND/OR VIDEOS OF YOU PUTTING EVERYTHING IN THIS PACKAGE TO GOOD USE, I WILL RELEASE THE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION TO THE ENTIRE WORLD, AND I WILL CHANGE YOUR NAME ON THE FORUM TO “#1 PARIS HILTON FAN”. HAHA, REMEMBER PARIS HILTON? WHAT AN EMPTY, USELESS PILE OF BONES. AND THAT WILL BE YOU IN THE EYES OF EVERYBODY IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY. HAVE FUN!

The_Punk_Hippie Dec 17th, 2012 05:02 PM

Rog - thank you! I wasn't about to type it all out (I admit, I'm lazy), & my camera kinda sucks (if you couldn't tell by the picture quality :P)

I'll be making the slime when the dinosaur hatches - I imagine a throatosaurus would enjoy playing with slime :D
& I'll be taking more pictures once that happens
(I'm also trying to get my hands on an old computer as we speak, so hopefully *fingers crossed* I'll be able to get that in time for my next photo session :D)

blood_panther Dec 17th, 2012 06:44 PM

Thanos- does the pillow look handmade? or is it professionally done? I know from experience, getting custom made pillows and blankets can cost quite a pretty penny. the gift could be well inside the price limit. unless it was hand made of course

dextire Dec 17th, 2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blood_panther (Post 764568)
It had one candy cane casualty, but it still tasted good!

Spoilers!

Mighty fine photo tour! :xmas1
I can vouch for both "Santa with Muscles" and "The Boy Who Saved Christmas" as being true holiday classics. How can you top Santa being kidnapped by his evil twin brother?

And it looks like Splinter has tiny hands driving in the van form. :lol

replicant Dec 17th, 2012 10:04 PM

I got my SS package today! Woohoo! :)

replicant Dec 17th, 2012 10:51 PM

My SS is none other than Stevetothepast. O Canada!:domo

WOW! Some gifts went plaid!

Lotions and a Candle......:love

Smarties....OMG!!! :love Rockets and Gummies :love Oh my!....... Mortal Kombat OMG! OMG! I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED THIS.....:x:suicide I guess this is where ya started being a tease.....I thought you loved me! ....*sniff*

Oh but wait ---- you were just joking. Phew! :domo:domo:domo

OMG! More Smarties and awesome Comics!

and lastly music..... :) :domo:domo:love:love:love

I just want to say this is the best SS yet and Steve - you are so awesome!!! And I want to say thank thank thank you. My birthday is Wednesday and I celebrating with Smarties.

Have a Merry Happy Jolly Christmas Steve and may all your duct tape stick tight!

ChrisGlass Dec 18th, 2012 01:47 AM

<3 Red Green

stevetothepast Dec 18th, 2012 04:26 AM

glad it got there safe! my girlfriend picked out the xmas lotions and candle because she said it needs some girly stuff!

Thanos Dec 18th, 2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blood_panther (Post 764584)
Thanos- does the pillow look handmade? or is it professionally done? I know from experience, getting custom made pillows and blankets can cost quite a pretty penny. the gift could be well inside the price limit. unless it was hand made of course

I'm honestly not sure. It looks like it's just a pillow with an iron-on transfer. Either way, whether professionally done or not, it's a pillow. I'm not a spoiled sport... but come on. Really? What about our annual I-Mockery Secret Santa event screams "I WANT TO SEND SOMEONE A PILLOW"? Much less, why would I want a pillow with my own face on it? Why would I want to look at myself? I know what I look like! I let my girlfriend open the package it came in (I was driving at the time). Her immediate response? "Damn, that's just CREEPY."

It's really just a great big turn off and makes me reconsider my participation in the whole event.

blood_panther Dec 18th, 2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanos (Post 764599)
I'm honestly not sure. It looks like it's just a pillow with an iron-on transfer. Either way, whether professionally done or not, it's a pillow. I'm not a spoiled sport... but come on. Really? What about our annual I-Mockery Secret Santa event screams "I WANT TO SEND SOMEONE A PILLOW"? Much less, why would I want a pillow with my own face on it? Why would I want to look at myself? I know what I look like! I let my girlfriend open the package it came in (I was driving at the time). Her immediate response? "Damn, that's just CREEPY."

It's really just a great big turn off and makes me reconsider my participation in the whole event.

I get you, I really do....but it's a secret santa, you gotta expect random stuff. it's not going to be that fun of an event if we start making lists of items people cannot send. and nowhere in the rules does it say you have to send more then one item.

I mean yes. a pillow. but I don't think we should be jumping on who ever was your secret santa.

The_Punk_Hippie Dec 18th, 2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blood_panther (Post 764600)
I get you, I really do....but it's a secret santa, you gotta expect random stuff. it's not going to be that fun of an event if we start making lists of items people cannot send. and nowhere in the rules does it say you have to send more then one item.

I mean yes. a pillow. but I don't think we should be jumping on who ever was your secret santa.

I agree with Thanos, a pillow with your face on it is a pretty creepy gift, especially from some random internet person.

I don't think a pillow would have been a bad gift. A personalized pillow with something awesome that the person likes wouldn't have been a bad gift.
but your own face on the pillow? That's not right.

replicant Dec 18th, 2012 12:13 PM

Thanos - If you send me your address - I will send you candy! And maybe something extra! hehe :)
I like to spread cheer. If you don't want to - it's all cool. :)

Thanos Dec 18th, 2012 03:01 PM

It's all good. Really... I get the whole 'no rules' concept when it comes with a Secret Santa exchange. I fully accept that gifts are meant to be a surprise and at the discretion of the sender. I just figured some common sense would have figured in, especially considering I posted a list of likes with the rest of you. Even a box with nothing but dollar store candy would have worked better. I've said my peace, though... and I'm not angry. Happy Holidays everyone.

Mockery Dec 18th, 2012 03:33 PM

No way. If it ends up being that all you get is the pillow, I'm not gonna let that stand. I like to make sure every Secret Santa participant is happy in the end. I can only speak for myself, but I'd gladly pitch in with some of the other participants to make sure you get a new Secret Santa surprise package or two. That's how we keep this event going year after year, by making sure that every participant doesn't regret doing so.

So yeah, keep us posted and let us know if you don't end up receiving anything else. If that's the case, we'll make it right ourselves.

Zomboid Dec 18th, 2012 03:44 PM

We don't know how much the pillow cost the sender, so I think it's a bit premature to freak out. Obviously, there's nothing wrong with other people sending him additional stuff, but it looks like his SS likely fulfilled his or her obligation.

Regardless, I think that's a pretty spectacular gift. :xmas2:xmas1:xmas3

ChrisGlass Dec 18th, 2012 04:52 PM

But as Thanos has established, it's not the amount of money spent. Heck, it may have cost $30 or more, or even more than what I spent on all that candy and toys, but part of the fun of Secret Santa is a giant box of fun things to dig through.

Maybe there shouldn't be a cost limit, rather a quantity limit.

Zomboid Dec 18th, 2012 05:11 PM

Where does it say any of that? The only thing it really says is that there's a minimum value, and no dollar store shit. Well, that's what I remember it saying, anyway. Plenty of people get a single item. You people are greedy.

Thanos Dec 18th, 2012 05:34 PM

Guys, really... it's quite alright. Don't get stressed out about it. The real joy is having the opportunity to send some really awesome gifts to an unsuspecting stranger and seeing the happiness it brings them. I did just that for Ex Leper (hopefully :-P) - and that's all the gift I need.

Ex Leper Dec 18th, 2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanos (Post 764614)
Guys, really... it's quite alright. Don't get stressed out about it. The real joy is having the opportunity to send some really awesome gifts to an unsuspecting stranger and seeing the happiness it brings them. I did just that for Ex Leper (hopefully :-P) - and that's all the gift I need.

You definitely did. At least you got a good gift last year, hopefully next year will go better for you.

blood_panther Dec 18th, 2012 07:51 PM

I'm just a little worried about the precedent we set here. should we all be worried that if someone doesnt like the gift we send, we'll get in trouble?

Protoclown Dec 18th, 2012 08:51 PM

Damn, replicant!! That's quite a haul you've got there! Also, we've taken the pics for Euphorixlost and I just need to get them off my roommate's camera. Hopefully we can have them posted later tonight or tomorrow!

OH! And 10K Volt Ghost! Glad you liked the Axe Cop Munchkin. Axe Cop is awesome!

dextire Dec 18th, 2012 09:03 PM

Haha, Smarties and Smarties. I love it. :xmas1

Zomboid Dec 18th, 2012 09:26 PM

http://redditgifts.com/gallery/

Mockery Dec 18th, 2012 10:26 PM

We do require people keep their receipts if there is any doubt that the minimum amount wasn't spent. As for quality of gifts, that's tougher to police, but this gift is obviously a bit on the creepy side (though I suspect that's completely unintentional and is meant to be funny, which it is if you think about it). But still, his Secret Santa should've included something else with it - other gifts, a note, info about the gift itself, etc. Seems like a bare minimum effort so far.

BatmanJohnson Dec 18th, 2012 10:43 PM

Has anyone even stepped up to say they sent it?

Dr. Boogie Dec 18th, 2012 11:27 PM

I can't help but laugh every time I see that pillow, Thanos. I don't know if it's because someone sent you such a thing, or if it's just your expression.

The only thing that could make it funnier would be finding out that it really wasn't from your Secret Santa.

darkvare Dec 18th, 2012 11:38 PM

how can something be sent with out a return adress or sender name is that possible?

The_Punk_Hippie Dec 18th, 2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 764624)
I can't help but laugh every time I see that pillow, Thanos. I don't know if it's because someone sent you such a thing, or if it's just your expression.

The only thing that could make it funnier would be finding out that it really wasn't from your Secret Santa.

OMG it would have been perfect if his Secret Santa sent that, then sent a second package with a normal gift in it, & made absolutely no mention of the pillow XD
(or maybe I just have a messed up sense of humour)

replicant Dec 19th, 2012 12:19 AM

I'm with Roger on all this. The pillow is an awkward gift and mostly because we don't know who sent it. There's no back story to show the thought behind it.

I don't think anyone is being greedy. The majority of us put a lot of thought into this and try to make fun for the other person. I probably spend more than I should, but I have my modus operandi when it comes to this. I personally like giving a variety of gifts versus one big thing.

I am sure this will all work itself out one way or another. :)

Zomboid Dec 19th, 2012 12:44 AM

I'd argue that perhaps he put a lot of thought into the pillow and thought it would be fun for the other person. If that's the case, he's clearly not alone in thinking it's funny. In fact, I find it even funnier because there's no letter detailing his every thought behind his choosing to send it.

Dr. Boogie Dec 19th, 2012 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 764632)
In fact, I find it even funnier because there's no letter detailing his every thought behind his choosing to send it.

See, I didn't even realize that part because I was too busy laughing at the pillow itself, but that's just adding to the experience.

I would have agreed that it's better to get a bunch of things than just one, but in this case, I think a single, mysterious face pillow is a fine gift because it needs no explanation or setup. You just show people that you got a bizarre gift like that, and they just start laughing.

Dr. Boogie Dec 19th, 2012 02:46 AM

I got my package from marioRPG earlier last week, but I had it shipped to a spot where it was less likely to be snatched by drunk community college students.

Here's what I got:

Season 1 of Archer. Jon Benjamin has much better luck with cartoons than he does with live action.

Sharks in Venice! And giant sharks, no less. Billy Baldwin is also in the movie, but he was considered less of a draw than an unnamed gondolier being menaced by a giant shark.

How to Tell if Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You. It includes a lot of handy illustrations, but I knew my cats were plotting to kill me as soon as they starting attacking my feet whenever I walked past a chair they were hiding under.

But that's not all: a note that came with the stuff said there's another package on its way from "a somewhat unreliable site". What could he mean by "a somewhat unreliable site"?

Tune in next time to find out!

stevetothepast Dec 19th, 2012 04:06 AM

I have received a gift from my secret santa, but I had it sent to another location so I'll be posting pictures as soon as I pick it up!

Nick Dec 19th, 2012 08:31 PM

If Thanos doesn't get anything else, I'm more than fine with sending him something myself. That pillow gift doesn't really sit right with me, even if it did cost a lot of money. Especially after everyone else here got such wonderful gifts.

dextire Dec 19th, 2012 09:17 PM

Sharks in Venice is basically "Indiana Baldwin in Venice"... with sharks! :rock

blood_panther Dec 19th, 2012 11:12 PM

Ok, lets update this list shall we?

Have not had a sent gift confirmed.

10,000 Volt Ghost
Snoogans

Have not received a gift
Stevetothepast

Have not posted pictures
Euphorixlost

hmmm so thanos's SS was either volt, or snoogans.

stevetothepast Dec 20th, 2012 04:29 AM

I received a gift and it is from 10k

pictures will be posted within the next few days!

stevetothepast Dec 20th, 2012 04:31 AM

sorry snoogans, here comes the hate mob.

snoogans Dec 20th, 2012 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevetothepast (Post 764659)
sorry snoogans, here comes the hate mob.

I'm not too sure how much of a mob you expect, most people that have commented think my gift was hilarious.

snoogans Dec 20th, 2012 06:36 AM

I want to say that I'm sorry Thanos didn't enjoy the gift as much as I hoped. I bought it, it cost more than we were required to spend and it was meant to be funny. As has already been mentioned, part of the risk with SS is you're not gonna like what you get and unfortunately Thanos wasn't stoked on it as much as I hoped. I was gonna do this for whoever I got, the "list your interests" wasn't mandatory, nor was buying anything from those lists. I thought seeing as this is a fun site, people would find it amusing and if I got any of the people here who've said they think it's funny, well there wouldn't be any cause for all this discussion. It was just the luck of the draw.
Another point that someone raised was only sending 1 thing, someone else pointed out that's not against the rules and yeah, I did only send the one thing, but Protoclown only got 1 thing too and no one kicked up a stink for him.

I'm sorry it didn't go down as well with Thanos as I hoped but it wasn't meant to be mean spirited or anything like that.

The_Punk_Hippie Dec 20th, 2012 10:56 AM

It's not so much that you only got him one gift, it's more like you got him something that seems like a gag-gift.
Protoclown got one thing, but it was obvious his secret santa put a lot of thought into what to get him. Who 'wants' a pillow with their own face on it?

Zomboid Dec 20th, 2012 01:08 PM

There's sort of a history of funny gifts. I got tranny porn one year, even. Plenty of us found it funny and wouldn't mind getting a face pillow, so he's clearly not so far off base as to deserve this kind of scrutiny.

Mockery Dec 20th, 2012 02:11 PM

Yeah, gag gifts certainly aren't against the rules. I bought somebody a cardboard castle one year, and while I know it was fun for my recipient to build and use, it wasn't something I expected them to hold onto forever.

There's definitely no amount of gifts required either. You can buy a person one gift or multiple gifts, it doesn't matter as long as you meet the requirements. That said, I enjoy giving more than one gift simply cuz it increases the chances of my recipient liking at least one of the things that I buy them. Plus, there's also more opportunities for photographs and other fun things for them to do with their gifts. If you get one thing, even if it is really cool (such as Proto's gift that Snoogans mentioned), you can't do much with it photo-wise other than hold it up for one pic. So yeah, I try to find gifts that they can actually do something with (ie: build something, cook something, etc.) that can be documented with photos or a video.

I am surprised to hear that pillow cost MORE than the required amount though, just cuz it looks so cheap. Where did you get it made, Snoogans? And don't worry, I don't think anybody thinks it was intentionally mean-spirited - it was obviously a joke. Some of us are just surprised it was the only thing that was sent, didn't include a note of any kind, and apparently cost that much.

snoogans Dec 20th, 2012 04:09 PM

http://pillowmob.com/

Sacks Dec 20th, 2012 04:34 PM

Snoogans not only gifted someone with a wonderful pillow, he also gave everyone else the gift of laughter. I think that's what Baby Jesus really had in mind when he decided to be born around Christmas time.

Tadao Dec 20th, 2012 05:04 PM

I want a Thanos face pillow. :(

Sacks Dec 20th, 2012 05:11 PM

Me too. I was going to order one but I knew it wouldn't be as good as that one.

darkvare Dec 20th, 2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 764675)
I want a Thanos face pillow. :(

so you wanna sit in his face?

stevetothepast Dec 20th, 2012 06:09 PM

Spoilers!

Nick Dec 20th, 2012 07:56 PM

Aw man those are some awesome gifts, and some even awesomer cats!

dextire Dec 20th, 2012 09:41 PM

Most impressive haul, and that's an awesome Dia de los Muertos patch!
And that's quite a collection of SNES games you have there, Stevetothepast. :xmas1

Thanos Dec 21st, 2012 08:19 PM

Something funny did happen with the pillow...

As I was wrapping gifts yesterday, my three dogs (two Collies and a Lab) were rifling through wrapping paper I had on my couch. The pillow was sitting upside down near the paper and one of them knocked it over into the floor.

THEY... WENT... N-U-T-S!

It was like an intruder had entered our home. The face. THE FACE.

I can only imagine it was because the pillow looks so weird and creepy. My two males practically tried to launch their entire bodies at it, with full teeth snarling and vicious howling. I've never seen them act like this before. My poor female... she literally shit herself. Literally. Crap went everywhere; she was so distraught I had to coddle her for twenty minutes afterwards until she calmed down. It was both hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

The_Punk_Hippie Dec 21st, 2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanos (Post 764709)

As I was wrapping gifts yesterday, my three dogs (two Collies and a Lab) were rifling through wrapping paper I had on my couch. The pillow was sitting upside down near the paper and one of them knocked it over into the floor.

THEY... WENT... N-U-T-S!

I can only imagine it was because the pillow looks so weird and creepy. My two males practically tried to launch their entire bodies at it, with full teeth snarling and vicious howling. I've never seen them act like this before. My poor female... she literally shit herself. Literally. Crap went everywhere; she was so distraught I had to coddle her for twenty minutes afterwards until she calmed down. It was both hilarious and frightening all at the same time.

The gift that keeps on giving? XD

stevetothepast Dec 21st, 2012 09:04 PM

shit happens.

replicant Dec 22nd, 2012 11:49 AM

I just want to say I just thought the pillow a bit of an awkward gift. It doesn't fit my sense of humor. I am happy others find it funny. I am ultimately in agreement with Roger. I am not coming down on you Snoogans - you met the rules. I just personally think it's fun to have a variety for having fun with shooting purposes etc. Maybe Thanos needs to take the pillow on an adventure (like the travel gnome)? :) lol I dunno.

replicant Dec 22nd, 2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

THEY... WENT... N-U-T-S!

There's an alien in the house, George and the dog shit itself. Call the police Martha! LOL! Dogs are so weird. lol

replicant Dec 22nd, 2012 11:53 AM

Steve, you have gorgeous kittehs!!! I have 3 of my own. I inherited one when I was just happy with two. lol But they are gorgeous!

The_Punk_Hippie Dec 22nd, 2012 12:54 PM

So, uhh, euphorixlost, are you going to be able to post pictures soon? I've been looking forward to seeing what you got in those eggs :)

Ex Leper Dec 22nd, 2012 03:42 PM

According to the site it costed him 30 bucks to make. :eek

euphorixlost Dec 22nd, 2012 05:48 PM

Sorry for the delay! Protoclown is to blame for my pictures being horribly late here. I didn't open the kinder eggs until I brought them home later to devour (actually, half of this candy is gone now!) and I will have to grab pics of the toys inside when I am home again in the next couple days. One had this cool top with reversible arms and the other had a cute woodland creature with a fuzzy tummy!

Anyway, onward to the pictures!

I really liked the paper it came in! Very cool (:

And the box was full of MANY TINY BOXES! I was impressed that every little thing in here was wrapped ^.^

Also, I am sorry that the Kool-Aid Man interrupted your letter - though it was hilarious to try and piece together what the letter was meant to say!

A final photo with the spread of awesome! A fantastic selection of candy here, plus a super-cool Jack Skellington figure and a pin, too! I loved the bat finger puppet - he's really cute. And the tiny rainbow clay and paint set were very cool, too!

Thank you so much, The Punk Hippie! (:

The_Punk_Hippie Dec 22nd, 2012 06:17 PM

Aww, you fixed the Jack Skellington - he was packaged upside-down from the factory, which I thought added to the awesomeness

hahaha, I actually had a whole letter planned out around what I wrote, except for the first part. (it was mostly nonsense, but that's neither here nor there XD)

I've heard that you can't get Kinder Eggs in your country, so I figured I should spread the addiction ;D
Not sure about the kool-aid flavour I sent (it's rare apparently), so ditto for that :)

Oh, & I blame my mother for my obsession with wrapping everything - my favourite part of christmas was always the stocking, & my mom wrapped EVERYTHING in it XD

Dr. Boogie Dec 22nd, 2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

THEY... WENT... N-U-T-S!

This is the perfect opportunity to get more pics out of your gift!

dextire Dec 22nd, 2012 09:44 PM

Very nice haul! You can't get Kinder Eggs here because they're illegal (no really, they carry a $2,500 fine per egg).

And so we have another very successful Secret Santa event! :xmas2
I probably won't be able to be on until after the 26th, so Merry Christmas everyone! :xmas3

darkvare Dec 22nd, 2012 10:06 PM

what the why are the eggs ilegal?

Nick Dec 22nd, 2012 10:15 PM

I wouldn't got the pillow, but to each his own. He coulda got some pretty great junk for that dosh. All and all, this year has been pretty great.

dextire Dec 22nd, 2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 764736)
what the why are the eggs ilegal?

Wiki: In 2012 the FDA re-issued their import alert stating “The imbedded non-nutritive objects in these confectionery products may pose a public health risk as the consumer may unknowingly choke on the object.”
And a recent news story. :lol

BatmanJohnson Dec 22nd, 2012 10:28 PM

Way to go Punk! Breaking the law in the name of christmas!

The_Punk_Hippie Dec 22nd, 2012 10:57 PM

hahaha, I didn't know they were actually illegal! That's hilarious/sad/worrysome XD

darkvare Dec 22nd, 2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dextire (Post 764738)
Wiki: In 2012 the FDA re-issued their import alert stating “The imbedded non-nutritive objects in these confectionery products may pose a public health risk as the consumer may unknowingly choke on the object.”
And a recent news story. :lol

wow that's fucked up, over here kinder eggs are now two kinds for boys and for girls there's also avengers eggs and disney cycles their eggs to give you a different toy with every major movie they release

stevetothepast Dec 23rd, 2012 11:30 AM

:xmas3

I received another gift in the mail the other day from 10kvg, here is a pic:

Some sweet SNES stickers.

I actually do not even own Mega Man X or Breath of Fire, but now I have an excuse to buy them!

I used to own earthbound but sold it, and now the price is so inflated I'll probably not get it again >:

Thanks again bill!

Nick Dec 23rd, 2012 04:33 PM

Awesome SNES stickers, that's awesome.

Also euphorixlost: Great haul! However, from those gloves of yours I'm beginning to suspect you're a homeless woman (or a sticky bandit) that Protoclown hired off the street to pretend to be his girlfriend.

The_Punk_Hippie Dec 23rd, 2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 764763)
Awesome SNES sticks, that's awesome.

Also euphorixlost: Great haul! However, from those gloves of yours I'm beginning to suspect you're a homeless woman (or a sticky bandit) that Protoclown hired off the street to pretend to be his girlfriend.

This is a brilliant idea & I must do it next year in order to get more presents!!!

Mockery Dec 24th, 2012 03:56 AM

I can think of no better way to end the 2012 Secret Santa event than learning that our final recipient got illegal Kinder eggs as part of their gift package. Okay, well maybe if we had footage of Thanos' dogs freaking out over the pillow, but other than that, I can think of no better way.

Thanks again to all our participants this year for meeting your deadlines and making our latest Secret Santa event go off without a hitch.

Also, a HUGE thanks to 10,000 Volt Ghost for running the event once again and keeping track of everything. Without you, this event simply wouldn't work out so well year after year.

Happy holidays all! :xmas3

Nick Dec 24th, 2012 07:26 AM

Merry Christmas, guys.

replicant Dec 24th, 2012 08:32 PM

Merrrrrrrry Hohohohoho to everyone! Go spike some eggnog and wrap your cat.

stevetothepast Dec 24th, 2012 10:21 PM

merry christmas everybody

BatmanJohnson Dec 25th, 2012 02:10 AM

Merry Christmas

ChrisGlass Dec 25th, 2012 04:32 AM

Feliz Navidad!

Mockery Dec 26th, 2012 05:33 PM

Just started up the annual Christmas Aftermath blog thread so you can share all the other loot you got this season:

http://www.i-mockery.com/blabber/201...ftermath-2012/

Feel free to repost any of your Secret Santa gifts in there as part o' your loot lists.

Happy Holidays :xmas2