I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Phoenix Gamma Jan 16th, 2011 04:11 PM

srsly u guise play Ghost Trick it's great you're a ghost and you possess things and the Phoenix Write team made it except it's not a text adventure game so it's not boring and there's a dog named Missle who's pretty much the best dog in the history of fiction except that one dog in that book I read in 4th grade who was in the sled race with the boy but the dog's heart exploded right at the finish line and the boy carried the dog to the finish and I cried then it was lunch time but I was still sad :tear

Why do all the good stories involve dieing?

OxBlood Jan 17th, 2011 06:18 AM

Alright, more thoughts on DC Universe online after playing it for most of the weekend.

Really stable, still not a single crash though I had to relog twice because my powers wouldn´t activate, seems to be some problem with the interface.

I mostly played as Vic Eldritch, flying, axewiedling magic-user (Destiny branch) and while the gameplay is way more simple than...say World of W, it´s more fun at the same time. I may only have 5, 6 Skills at level 12 but that kinda focusses the experience a bit more. I have to rely on the proper use of those skills and rely on my weapon for the most part which by now can do quite a few useful combos. I can stun my enemies with a flurry of axe blows, smash them in the air and stuff like that.

I also really like the style feature the more stuff I get. My villain looks like I want, no matter what stuff I´m really wearing.

The quests have some nice moments in them too. As a minion of Circe, I battled Dr. Fate (never heard of him before), I clobbered, Queen Bee...on the Heroe´s side, I arrested Scarecrow and even Bane, now that was kinda cool. They also send in NPC-Heroes to help you so for example in the Bane fight, Nightwing joins in to take revenge for Batman´s spine :D

I´ve yet to try alerts (raids) and PVP but I can already tell there´s a lot of factions I can buy stuff from, complete with cool faction armor that looks really nice. I´d post a screenshot of my guys but I don´t think the PS3-Version can do that...

King Hadas Jan 19th, 2011 06:33 PM

I bought a bunch of games during the Steam Christmas sale but I've only really gotten into two of them, The Path and Super Meat Boy. I'm excited for the SMB level editor I have some great level ideas. I'm hoping to finish everything in the game before it comes out but everything I have left is really hard.

Zomboid Jan 19th, 2011 06:44 PM

I only skimmed this page, but the one game sounds a lot like the Haunting: Starring Polterguy.

stevetothepast Jan 20th, 2011 12:40 AM

Aban Hawkins and the 1000 spikes

it's hard as fuck and only one dollar

Chojin Jan 20th, 2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 710866)
Iīve yet to try alerts (raids) and PVP but I can already tell thereīs a lot of factions I can buy stuff from, complete with cool faction armor that looks really nice. Iīd post a screenshot of my guys but I donīt think the PS3-Version can do that...

You haven't tried PVP at all? You're really missing out on what DC does well if you're playing on a PVE server.

The guild I've been a member of for 2+ years went to DC recently and we're tearing shit up on the death & glory server. http://legioninflames.guildlaunch.com

Sam Jan 20th, 2011 09:19 PM

CHOJIN, IF I GET DCU CAN I PLAY WITH YOU?

IT WILL BE LIKE CITY OF VILLAINS ALL OVER AGAIN.

kahljorn Jan 20th, 2011 10:29 PM

YOULL BUY IT AND THEN PLAY IT FOR TWO DAYS AND QUIT

YOU BASTARD

LordSappington Jan 21st, 2011 01:56 AM

Oh man, four more days until DS2

OxBlood Jan 21st, 2011 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 711139)
You haven't tried PVP at all? You're really missing out on what DC does well if you're playing on a PVE server.

The guild I've been a member of for 2+ years went to DC recently and we're tearing shit up on the death & glory server. http://legioninflames.guildlaunch.com

Yeah, Iīll try it sometime this weekend but PVP mostly just makes me furious. Iīm a really sore loser, I canīt handle other people killing me without me killing them FOR REAL :\

Or in other words: PVP can ruin my mood instantly. Thatīs why I try to steer clear from that. An exception is when Iīm not alone, playing with friends because they get killed as much as I am so itīs kind of a shared rage...

Chojin Jan 21st, 2011 12:04 PM

i would get mad at pvp in other games, but the entire city is a warzone and i don't really take it personally in dcuo for some reason

Dr. Boogie Jan 21st, 2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSappington (Post 711207)
Oh man, four more days until DS2

I'm looking forward to it, too.

My biggest concern is that having to stomp every single corpse to get items seems like it would get old fast, especially when you're trying to establish a certain mood.

MarioRPG Jan 21st, 2011 07:23 PM

SUUUUUUUUUPER MEAT BOOOOOOOOOOOY

Oh man I'm glad I have a controller to use on my computer now.

Guitar Woman Jan 21st, 2011 09:23 PM

Stalker: Call of Pripyat.

Within the first 15 minutes of playtime, I killed a bloodsucker, betrayed like 5 guys, hunted mutated pigs, and was mauled by a pack of wild dogs who charged into the middle of a gunfight.

I'd say it was pretty awesome.

I've also been slumming around on a World of Warcraft trial account. I leveled a Troll Shaman up to 19 in about 7 days of casualfagging, which is about the point you have to start dungeoneering to keep up experience flow. After two or three dungeon attempts with PuGs I can see where some of the vehement hatred of the game comes from, because everyone who's not a serious-business smacktard busy kickbanning me for sucking is even worse than I am, which is horrifying to behold.

I did get lucky and end up saddled with a party that was at just the right level of retardation; a mage, a hunter, a priest, and, after our Tank crapped out, myself, playing rock-guitar solos on every monster's face with my battleaxe and having their chair shots to my midsection balanced out by a constant spam of healing spells from the other guy, all the while supported by bullets and fireballs from the peanut gallery. It wasn't entirely sophisticated - we were basically just spamming whatever made the biggest numbers as fast as we could - but I had quite a bit of fun once I found some easygoing dudes to play with. Of course, the chances of getting saddled with a good group even a fourth of the time are probably pretty fucking slim, if Left 4 Dead is anything to go on.

So yeah, I can see how people would enjoy the camaraderie, the setting, and the art style, because I thought those were neat. And gameplay-wise, after you start to get a respectable collection of powers and shit, it's pretty satisfying to unload them all on a boss monster over and over again, but it's more or less Diablo: Slow Edition. Not to mention the massive amounts of jogging through barren wilderness in between quests and dungeon groups. That alone has probably taken up about half of my play time.

kahljorn Jan 22nd, 2011 05:13 PM

VERY ELOQUent

Guitar Woman Jan 23rd, 2011 01:42 AM

Yeah I was kind of on speed there, maybe next time I'll write about something that hasn't been irrelevant for 6 years

OxBlood Jan 23rd, 2011 10:48 AM

I´ve been playing Dungeon Raid all day (Iphone game). It´s fucking awesome. A simple match-3 at first glance but with a very nice RPG overlay without becoming a Puzzle Quest-clone. Visit the shop by matching enough coins, the blacksmith by getting shields and defeat your enemies by matching swords with them.

Fast and fun gameplay, quick sessions, great concept. If you have an iOS-device, get it.

Fathom Zero Jan 24th, 2011 07:54 AM

Dimnos Jan 24th, 2011 09:30 AM

Dont tell me you started playing LoL FZ.

darkvare Jan 24th, 2011 09:51 AM

i suck with nunu :(

Fathom Zero Jan 24th, 2011 10:55 AM

Hahaha. My friend made me play it.

I'm not really into statistics. It's why I've hated RPGs for years. But the art and character designs are pretty good.

I can't imagine spending thirty+ minutes on single match and remaining sane, doing it over and over and over. That said, Nunu is a beast.

Phoenix Gamma Jan 24th, 2011 12:32 PM

Playing Mischief Makers. One of my top three favorite N64 games. Totally enamored by it. I'm gonna see if I can get straight A's, cause I never could as a kid. Halfway through world two and doing good so far.

I'd probably suck a dick to get a sequel.

Tadao Jan 26th, 2011 01:56 PM

I bought Doom 3 when it came out, but never found the time to play it. Loaded it up last night and the fucking thing makes me jumpy. :lol

Immortal Goat Jan 26th, 2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 711226)
i would get mad at pvp in other games, but the entire city is a warzone and i don't really take it personally in dcuo for some reason

So you're playing DCUO? Nice. I plan on getting that within the next couple of months. Your guild have room for 1 more once I get it? And are you heroes or villains?

darkvare Jan 26th, 2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 711579)
I bought Doom 3 when it came out, but never found the time to play it. Loaded it up last night and the fucking thing makes me jumpy. :lol

i got the special edition for 5 dollars like a year ago includes doom 1 and 2:rock