I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 3rd, 2011 05:58 PM

I was kinda impatient with it because(if I remember correctly) you can't just mash attacks because it lowers your stamina too much. Then I died a ton. :(

Phoenix Gamma Mar 3rd, 2011 08:20 PM

Dissidia Duodecium came out in JapanLand and I've been playing that copy till it comes out later this month in AmericaWorld. The new characters are fucking clutch. Tifa's pretty sweet, and Laguna's just awesome.

Also near the end of Tactics Ogre. Might be my favorite SRPG now. The additions to that remake are the kinda shit I want to see more of in other games.

Lastly, I put my $50 down on a 3DS on the way to work today. THE NEW MARIO GAME COMING OUT FOR IT HAS A RACCOON TAIL ON THE LOGO. THEY'RE GOING TO SHOW IT AT E3. GET HYPE. LKJSBDLKJSBADKJGFBAZSJDF

Fathom Zero Mar 4th, 2011 12:27 AM

It's been a while since I even gave a bit of a shit about a new Mario game - one amongst the thousand in existence and ten-thousand yet to come.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 4th, 2011 09:16 AM

There's been a flash ad for tactics ogre that really caught my eye. Its a bunch of guys waiting for their turns.

The action menu comes up:
* Preorder at amazon
* Preorder at gamestop
* Go to official website
* Continue running in place

kahljorn Mar 4th, 2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

I was kinda impatient with it because(if I remember correctly) you can't just mash attacks because it lowers your stamina too much.
yea something like that... plus it would raise your RISK bar or some shit which made it easier for people to hit/hurt you or something. DID YOU KNOW YOU COULD MAKE ENEMIES FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU IN THAT GAME by tRICKINg THEIR frieNDS INTO HITTING THEM AND ThEN YOU GiVe THEM HEALTH POTIONS AND thEY fALL IN Love.

i have a psx copy of tactics ogre (the only psx game i never sold), and i love that game :O :O :O
didnt know they redid it though?

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 4th, 2011 05:27 PM

I just found out about tactics ogre a few months ago. At first I thought it was a ff tactics ripoff....then realized it was the exact opposite.

I tried March of the black queen when I was younger and thought it was stupid. I'm sure I'd like it now though.

Phoenix Gamma Mar 4th, 2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 714460)
I just found out about tactics ogre a few months ago. At first I thought it was a ff tactics ripoff....then realized it was the exact opposite.

I tried March of the black queen when I was younger and thought it was stupid. I'm sure I'd like it now though.

Yea, they're made by the same dudes (the Tactics guys got swallowed by Square). Normally, Tactics Ogre would be the prototype for FFT, but the PSP remakes are whole other beasts. Mostly TO doesn't lag like a motherfucker. Also TO has this rad feature that lets you jump back as many as 50 turns. And since the story has branching paths, instead of replaying it multiple times to see everything, you can beat it once, then revisit points in the game with your current troops and see different outcomes. It's really awesome.

Also you can't make your party members a bunch of walking ubergods who destroy whole universes with every step. This is either good or bad depending on if you like shattering FFT's difficulty curve over your knee.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 5th, 2011 09:12 AM

Aww, Ogre doesn't have TG Cid in it then??

I don't have a PSP though. I kind of want to get a 3DSI for megaman legends 3 reaaaaaaaaallll bad.

Fathom Zero Mar 6th, 2011 03:00 AM

So I got on TF2 for the first time in four months and I was bombarded by tons of people wanting to trade with me because, apparently, I've got rare items. I ordered Sam & Max during the first week of release and I got the Big Kill, Lugermorph, and Max's Severed Head. Any one of these items, (save the Lugermorph, because it became unlockable later), are worth over a hundred dollars in real dollars.

Between those and all of the vintage items I have, I could make a LOT of money if I sold them.

So I'm having a crisis. Prestige or dollars? I'm a student, but even several hundred dollars will barely make a dent in anything.

Grislygus Mar 6th, 2011 05:40 AM

Jesus goddamned christ, you gaming people. SELL THE SHIT. NOW. THERE IS NO QUESTION HERE. 'Course, you people never actually part with your virtual crap, no matter what anyone tells you...

Fathom Zero Mar 6th, 2011 05:50 AM

But I never get anything like this. I think it's pretty cool. And I love the shit out of Sam & Max.

And I'm obsessive-compulsive.

Fathom Zero Mar 6th, 2011 06:25 AM

Yeah, I'm probably gonna sell them, I've decided. I'm gonna keep my vintage shit, though. I'm very proud of those. They don't go for as much, either - I've just got a lot of them.

Phoenix Gamma Mar 6th, 2011 09:56 AM

I keep my stuff, cause I use pretty much everything and swap shit all the time.

Also, I'm trying to talk myself out of buying the new Pokemon game today while I'm at work. Even though I can pirate it. And I'm gonna be 23years old for fuck's sake. I have no idea why I have this urge. I'm probably just ancy for the 3DS I preordered.

OxBlood Mar 6th, 2011 11:24 AM

I just got Poké Black&White on Friday for...well, my Mom and me, she likes these games for some reason ;)

It´s...I don´t know how to describe it...it´s more relaxed. There´s healers everywhere, you seem to level way quicker this time around and the TMs (don´t know how they´re called in the english Version) are not one-time items anymore so you can experiment as much as you want. A steal for 25 bucks a piece...oh and it looks good too :)

kahljorn Mar 6th, 2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Also you can't make your party members a bunch of walking ubergods who destroy whole universes with every step. This is either good or bad depending on if you like shattering FFT's difficulty curve over your knee.
I'm guessing it doesn't have the 1000 million level dungeon at the end where you can get that item that can turn a level 100 person into a level 1 person and they keep all of their stats and shit?
also the item so you can turn those people you turned into level 1's a million times into a weapon?

Phoenix Gamma Mar 6th, 2011 07:48 PM

Uh, I'm just about at the end of the game and haven't seen anything remotely like that. The game forces you to specialize each character instead of giving them everything and the kitchen sink. So for instance I give my two mages two different elements each; one element is shared, one is unique. That way I'm still covering three different weaknesses, and since hitting an enemy with a spell sometimes makes them weak to that element, I can have both mages spam the same element and wreck the stronger enemies.

Oh! But levelling is different in the remake! It's like Valkyria Chronicles: you level up the classes, not the individuals. So recruiting a Knight will boost him to whatever level your knights are instantly. Unless it's a class you've never used, you don't have the grind their level, just their skill points (and they get the same amount as everyone else at the end of a battle so they don't have to do jackshit.)

darkvare Mar 6th, 2011 11:43 PM

just bought yakuza 3 haven't played much cause i had nier rented

Immortal Goat Mar 7th, 2011 01:47 AM

Just when I get tired of WoW, I get DCUO. Ah well, who needs a life anyway?

Zhukov Mar 7th, 2011 05:33 AM

Dawn of War II: Retribution is alright. I preferred the first one, as I don't like this RPG bullshit seeping into my RTS games.

Fathom Zero Mar 7th, 2011 11:04 AM

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

kahljorn Mar 7th, 2011 01:36 PM

skill points? sounds a lot different, actually :O

LordSappington Mar 7th, 2011 03:47 PM

Bought Serious Sam: The Second Encounter on the Arcade. So far it's pretty fun, but not as challenging as I expected. Most of my deaths have come from failing platforming sequences, and not the hordes of enemies it promised.
Also, the item placements and level designs are kind of irritating. A lot of the time, I've been in huge, open fields, with MAYBE 40 enemies at once, and items obscured by tall grass. It becomes a chore, scrounging around trying to find that health vial you swore you saw.

Dr. Boogie Mar 7th, 2011 04:02 PM

They stop doing tall grass after the mayan levels. Also, I think you can tweak the draw distance so that the grass isn't visible until it's much closer. Or just turn it off, period.

Phoenix Gamma Mar 7th, 2011 07:46 PM

Beat Bit.Trip Flux. Fun little game, but not as good at Beat. At least they added fucking checkpoints this time. >:

Also, Wind Waker in 1080p in Dolphin is really pretty.

darkvare Mar 7th, 2011 09:26 PM

i finally started playing yakuza 3 too many cutscenes