I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Hangie Apr 9th, 2011 11:20 PM

I just finished playing the Penumbra series, they're pretty good. Especially since they're not too scary and I'm a total pussy.

dextire Apr 13th, 2011 01:11 AM

Killzone 3 with the light gun. Now I just need another gun and a game that's a co-op rail shooter so I can relieve House of the Dead 2. :)

Seven Force Apr 13th, 2011 01:08 PM

Streets of Rage Remake v5. I unlocked just about everything and the helper AI is very good, as long as you're not on the rooftops.

Download link if you want it: http://www.sendspace.com/file/qscmlp

LordSappington Apr 13th, 2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 717079)
I need to stop buying Hitman games, because I've been duped into it three fucking times already and they just keep being horrible no matter what people tell me.

I couldn't even get past the fucking tutorial level, because it wouldn't even tell me what to do. It just said I needed to distract the guards, without telling me how. I had a coin or something, which I flicked out the window, and they didn't even budge. Then I walked out the door, right past them since there was no other way around, and about halfway down the street they decided to open fire. Fuck Blood Money.

Phoenix Gamma Apr 14th, 2011 12:36 AM

SSF4 is getting frustrating now that my rank is up and people my rank keep clobbering me. Last game ended with stuff skidding across my room. I don't get mad if I'm playing with my buddies in person, in fact, I laugh a little too much. But for some reason online matches really piss me off.

Then I remembered how I used to blow off steam; being the best fucking spy ever in TF2. Which is what I've been doing now. Kinda like the Kunai if I can chain stabs, but I'm so used to the Eternal Reward now that I forget that backstabbing decloaks me.

Oh, and Game Dev Story on iphone is fucking awesome.

Shadowdancer21b Apr 14th, 2011 01:34 PM

Silent Hill 2 for the umpteenth time, LOtR: the third age, and Fatal Frame

Dr. Boogie Apr 14th, 2011 01:41 PM

Age of Conan free trial.

I'm almost to the end of the big opening single player questline, but it's so goddamn boring. Inside the quest it's not so bad, but everything else is just mediocre. Plus, the find a group mechanic doesn't work, so I haven't been able to team up with anyone the whole time I've been playing this damn game.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 14th, 2011 03:43 PM

I kinda want to play L.A. Noire when it comes out.

Dr. Boogie Apr 14th, 2011 04:03 PM

Same here, but I have to admit I'm more interested to see how the detective leveling system works.

Chojin Apr 14th, 2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 717608)
Age of Conan free trial.

I'm almost to the end of the big opening single player questline, but it's so goddamn boring. Inside the quest it's not so bad, but everything else is just mediocre. Plus, the find a group mechanic doesn't work, so I haven't been able to team up with anyone the whole time I've been playing this damn game.

i was subbed to that game for like 4 years. it was ok despite the bugs for the first year, then they got a new game director who had a vision to create World of Warcraft in Hyboria. it sucks hard.

King Hadas Apr 14th, 2011 06:16 PM

What does it mean to be subbed to a game?

Chojin Apr 14th, 2011 06:17 PM

subscribed. only rly applies to pay-to-play mmos.

King Hadas Apr 14th, 2011 06:23 PM

whoops, don't know why I didn't understand something so simple. How embarrassing.

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 15th, 2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie (Post 717620)
Same here, but I have to admit I'm more interested to see how the detective leveling system works.

Me too. I was looking at some of the achievements for it and it sounds like you might have to prosecute some of the criminals too instead of just bringing them to justice/the morgue.

Fathom Zero Apr 15th, 2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 717688)
just bringing them to justice/the morgue.

:lol

Phoenix Gamma Apr 15th, 2011 04:33 PM

GUYS. GUYS. GUYS.

HEY GUYS.

IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THE GAMES ON THIS LIST, YOU SHOULD PLAY THEM AND UNLOCK ALL OF THE HIDDEN POTATOS. IF YOU DO, WE GET PORTAL 2 EARLY.
http://www.aperturescience.com/glados@home/

AND HERE'S HOW TO POTATOZ:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...Potato_Sources

I GOT LIKE SIX BUT THERE ARE 4 MORE I CAN GET WITH MY CURRENT LIBRARY BECAUSE I'M NOT BUYING THE WHOLE SET BUT YOU GUYS SHOULD SO I CAN PLAY PORTAL 2 SOONER.

<3 PEEGEE

Guitar Woman Apr 15th, 2011 04:51 PM

I bought the potato sack a week ago, but it was only for Amnesia and Super Meat Boy. Are any of those other games any good? I thought I'd try out Bit Trip Beat and maybe Audiosurf.

And Portal 2 was only 7 days away by default. I don't see what the big deal is. Then again, that sentence has described my feelings about Portal from day one, so I guess I'm just not one of those guys.

Phoenix Gamma Apr 16th, 2011 02:04 AM

I just came back from an ARCADE.

They still EXIST!

btc took me there for my belated birthday. This place was off the fucking hook. Huuuuuge pinball collection, every version of Street Fighter, a giant Blazblue cabinet, this really funky SNES cabinet that let you play Mario, F-Zero, and Super Tennis, and a shitload of other games. Seriously, it had every arcade and pinball game I've ever seen as a kid, except now I'm an adult so I can spend as much money as I want on tokens ($25 lasted me about 2 and a half hours).

btc apparently NEVER heard of REVOLUTION X, which means I had to show him the best Aerosmith Rescue Simulator known to man. I don't think I've ever seen him that happy to see Steven Tyler.

Seriously, there were so many games and pinball machines I haven't seen in ages (or haven't seen period) so this was a fucking treat. And I had enough tickets for a Mario shirt. I NEVER got to leave with prizes as a kid. We're definitely going back there again.

Chojin Apr 16th, 2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 717732)
And Portal 2 was only 7 days away by default. I don't see what the big deal is. Then again, that sentence has described my feelings about Portal from day one, so I guess I'm just not one of those guys.

this is pretty much how i feel about portal

"oh, that's neat."

OxBlood Apr 16th, 2011 10:40 AM

Hey guy, maybe you can help me out here. Does anyone here already have Mortal Kombat? I´m asking because the online-passes don´t seem to work in germany. BUT my theory is that it´s simply too early since the official release is...when, next week?

Any info would really help cause...you know, people on the net tend to start crying very easily and half my german board is full of frightened people right now :D

And concerning MK in general...man that game is good, just finished arcade mode with Ermac...really good.

darkvare Apr 16th, 2011 04:12 PM

let me try asking on gametrailers

Guitar Woman Apr 16th, 2011 11:26 PM

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

The single player is pretty much Ass Creed 2 with a better city and a less interesting story. Still good, but it's not as engrossing the second time around. The multiplayer isn't anything to write home about, which is a shame, because Ubisoft were probably hoping it'd justify charging 50 dollars for what's functionally an expansion pack.

It reminds me a lot of Bloody Good Time's Hunt gamemode, only you can't really fight back against your pursuers; you just have to run your ass off and hide. Then when you do hide, you can expect them to pinpoint your location immediately and stab you in the face, since everyone has a compass that points them directly to their target, and anyone with a working brain can tell who is and isn't an NPC with only a cursory glance. You can also expect to kill a lot of people, but it's so fucking easy to do since they can't resist or really escape with any reliability, why bother?

I thought the concept of a primarily stealth-based multiplayer game wouldn't really work that well, since sneaking games generally rely on retarded, legally blind enemy NPCs, but Ubisoft fumbled it worse than I imagined they would.

Nobody talks, either. I guess silence is preferable to a middle-schooler girlishly cooing the word "faggot" at you over and over again, but it makes me feel like nobody really gives a shit.

Esuohlim Apr 17th, 2011 12:55 AM

I MA PLAYING ELEPHANT QUEST, MAH NIGS

executioneer Apr 17th, 2011 01:01 AM

it was pretty fun i guess? i liked the grid puzzle thing for choosing how your attributes level up

Esuohlim Apr 17th, 2011 01:08 AM

If there are any other games out there (online, console, whatever) with that kind of platformer/leveling-up combination I'd like to know about them. I'm having a ton of fun with this.