I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Evil Dead (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69698845)

Dr. Octogonopus Jan 20th, 2008 01:33 PM

Evil Dead

Is the movie with Ash and his chainsaw hand evil dead? Or is it Dead Alive? I can never remember. If it was Evil Dead, then it sucked more than I can relate to. Tree rape? WTF?!

MetalMilitia Jan 20th, 2008 01:42 PM

Nah you're thinking of dawn of the dead, land of the dead, day of the dead or don't tell mum the babysitter's dead. One of those.

Sacks Jan 20th, 2008 01:50 PM

"Dishes are done!" Totally classic.

Dr. Octogonopus Jan 20th, 2008 02:02 PM

Well, in the end, it was a waste of $10. At least I bought The thing too. Is that supposed to be any good?

Fat_Hippo Jan 20th, 2008 02:25 PM

Yeah, it's supposed to be good. I think it's mentioned in "greatest horror movie moments" here on I-mockery. Haven't watched it myself though, so I can't guarantee anything.

Dr. Octogonopus Jan 20th, 2008 02:28 PM

sweet. I'll let you know how it was.

Dr. Octogonopus Jan 20th, 2008 04:14 PM

It was genius. It startled the hell out of me when all of a sudden the blood squealed and jumped out of the dish. XD

umop apisdn Jan 20th, 2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Octogonopus (Post 525694)
Is the movie with Ash and his chainsaw hand evil dead? Or is it Dead Alive? I can never remember. If it was Evil Dead, then it sucked more than I can relate to. Tree rape? WTF?!

It is the Evil Dead series. Evil Dead 2 was the best, Army of Darkness was good as well. I'm not a big fan of the first myself.

Obscurus Lupa Jan 20th, 2008 10:59 PM

Evil Dead II had the chainsaw hand, and was much better than the first, which was the one with the tree rape.

Definitely watch Evil Dead II before you get turned off of the trilogy, it's intentionally funny rather than just funny because the budget was supplied by dentists.

Dr. Octogonopus Jan 21st, 2008 09:18 PM

that kinda sucks that i wasted ten dollars on it. i wanted the chainsaw hand one, and i would have accepted the first one, but tree rape? what did that have to do with anything? i think they just put it in as an excuse to see her boobs.

Obscurus Lupa Jan 22nd, 2008 01:24 AM

I think as far as horror movies go, the movie had very little boobage. The tree rape, I think, was supposed to be how the demons got inside her. But I guess they decided doing it to a guy would be in bad taste.

Max Radical Jan 22nd, 2008 01:24 PM

Evil Dead is something only for very, very die-hard fans of Evil Dead II and III (which are orders of magnitude superior). Don't hold number one against them.

The crew really got their act together for Evil Dead II (which might as well have been called "The film we would have made if we'd known what the hell we were doing back then"). The first film is like the first few series of Star Trek The Next Generation - utterly, ludicrously appallingly bad, and fans are lucky that somehow the products survived to become much better.

Dr. Octogonopus Jan 22nd, 2008 07:27 PM

Because a girl getting raped is so tasteful.

Obscurus Lupa Jan 22nd, 2008 11:09 PM

I was being sarcastic. ;)

Dr. Octogonopus Jan 22nd, 2008 11:19 PM

Really? Me too! How quaint. :)

ElPila666 Feb 9th, 2008 06:44 PM

i think that peter jackson's Brain Dead is called Evil Dead too in new zealand, that one was a nasty gore motherfucker if you remember the vomit soup scene

ElPila666 Feb 9th, 2008 06:47 PM

Sorry, vomit soup scene was from Bad Taste, there was a nasty soup scene in Brain Dead too, the one of the old lady face falling apart

Obscurus Lupa Feb 11th, 2008 11:44 PM

Dead Alive (or Brain Dead) was really gorey, but a good movie. It was funny, but the gore was top notch. Scary zombie baby though.

Nick Feb 12th, 2008 01:04 AM

Evil Dead rocks. If you can't enjoy campy B movies from the 80's, then you have no soul.

JediScum Feb 12th, 2008 07:43 PM

What about that one movie where Gary Coleman is an orphan who has his own shoeshine business but he sleeps in a train station locker. Plus he has the uncanny ability to pick the winning horses via shoeshinomancy or some shit. I like that movie.

Zbu Manowar Feb 13th, 2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediScum (Post 531625)
What about that one movie where Gary Coleman is an orphan who has his own shoeshine business but he sleeps in a train station locker. Plus he has the uncanny ability to pick the winning horses via shoeshinomancy or some shit. I like that movie.

Don't Look Now. :lol

Dr. Octogonopus Feb 17th, 2008 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 531400)
Evil Dead rocks. If you can't enjoy campy B movies from the 80's, then you have no soul.

I freaking love old B-movies; I bought this hundred pack of them at Sam's club a few months back. Most of them are so terrible I only get through maybe thirty minutes of them before I fall asleep, but it had Manos: The Hands of Fate. How could I pass that up?! I still remember the old episode of MST3K with that movie!
Excuse me while I go look for that VHS, anyways....

10,000 Volt Ghost Feb 28th, 2008 10:33 PM

I was especially impressed with Bad Taste. Watched it twice the first day I bought it. I felt really awed by the fact that Peter Jackson funded the entire movie by himself working at a newspaper company. Granted it took like four years to film because of it though.

Has anyone seen Evil Dead: The musical ?

Dr. Octogonopus Mar 1st, 2008 10:55 PM

I bet they reuse Audrey II for the tree-rape scene. :\

liquidstatik Mar 2nd, 2008 03:14 PM

i liked the first evil dead alot, myself :x