I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Esuohlim Apr 7th, 2008 03:29 PM

WELL FUCK IF I'M GOING TO GET ANYTHING DONE TODAY >:

AGAIN >:

Pub Lover Apr 7th, 2008 03:29 PM

Pub Lover Apr 7th, 2008 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 546202)
pub we just posted at the same time :o

Happens to me all day everyday.

Esuohlim Apr 7th, 2008 03:30 PM

SO I RUINED ANOTHER PAGE BRAK >:

W/E

Pub Lover Apr 7th, 2008 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 546205)
WELL FUCK IF I'M GOING TO GET ANYTHING DONE TODAY >:

AGAIN >:

What is the matter, Mister S?

Grislygus Apr 7th, 2008 03:32 PM

Okay, I'm back

what's goin on

Esuohlim Apr 7th, 2008 03:33 PM

I AM IN A RUT THAT I HAVE NO MOTIVATION TO HOIST MYSELF OUT OF

I HAVE TO GIVE A PRESENTATION ON STUFF I DON'T KNOW HOW TO TALK ABOUT IN 11 DAYS AND IT'S FRANKLY SCARING THE SHIT OUT OF ME

IT'S BECOMING A HABIT TO DO POORLY ON TESTS I'M SPENDING UP TO FOUR DAYS PREPARING FOR

I AM GOING THROUGH THE HUGEST FUCKING CRUSH OF MY LIFE AND I'VE NEVER EVEN SPOKEN TO HER

A LOT OF THINGS ARE THE MATTER :(

Grislygus Apr 7th, 2008 03:34 PM

That sucks :(

What's the presentation on

Pub Lover Apr 7th, 2008 03:34 PM

YOU'RE THE SON OF THE BIGGEST NAZI SUPPORTER IN BRITAIN AND YOU DECIDE TO DRESS UP A COUPLE OF HOOKERS AS NAZI OFFICERS, HAVE SEX WITH THEM, WHILE PICTURES ARE TAKEN AND WHEN SAID PICTURES ARE LEAKED YOU EXPECT THE ISSUE TO BLOW OVER?

Pub Lover Apr 7th, 2008 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 546214)
I AM IN A RUT THAT I HAVE NO MOTIVATION TO HOIST MYSELF OUT OF

I HAVE TO GIVE A PRESENTATION ON STUFF I DON'T KNOW HOW TO TALK ABOUT IN 11 DAYS AND IT'S FRANKLY SCARING THE SHIT OUT OF ME

IT'S BECOMING A HABIT TO DO POORLY ON TESTS I'M SPENDING UP TO FOUR DAYS PREPARING FOR

I AM GOING THROUGH THE HUGEST FUCKING CRUSH OF MY LIFE AND I'VE NEVER EVEN SPOKEN TO HER

A LOT OF THINGS ARE THE MATTER :(

What A Wanker. :rolleyes

Grislygus Apr 7th, 2008 03:35 PM

Also, the test thing is test anxiety, I've never had it but apparently they're training tutors and shit to help students who struggle with it

Esuohlim Apr 7th, 2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 546215)
What's the presentation on

It's materials engineering related. So basically any sources I can find about the subject range from basic common knowledge to ridiculously advanced dissertations and almost nothing in between.

But I've panicked less since I finally did find some scholarly sources that I can understand. The whole talking in front of 40 people about something I may or may not give completely wrong information about is already creating a lump in my stomach :(

Esuohlim Apr 7th, 2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pub Lover (Post 546217)
What A Wanker. :rolleyes

I'M IN A CRAZY ENOUGH MOOD TO PICK UP MY PHONE AND DIAL 13 NUMBERS SO I'D WATCH IT

Grislygus Apr 7th, 2008 03:42 PM

Ah, well, fuck

If it had to do with history, english, or any form of mythology I'd hook you up but you're on your own with science

Esuohlim Apr 7th, 2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grislygus (Post 546218)
Also, the test thing is test anxiety, I've never had it but apparently they're training tutors and shit to help students who struggle with it

This sounds spot on but it must be an entirely new development. On Friday I read through an entire test without instantly knowing how to solve any of the problems. I went into panic mode until I forced myself to calm down and focus. :(

Fat_Hippo Apr 7th, 2008 03:44 PM

Do you have to give this presentation to people who already know a lot about the subject, or just some other students? 'Cause if the audience doesn't know more about the subject than you did when you first started researching it, then you can just throw huge amounts of information at them and they won't know if it's right or not.

Esuohlim Apr 7th, 2008 03:44 PM

PAGE 1457 SERIOUS HOMO DISCUSSION :(

Esuohlim Apr 7th, 2008 03:45 PM

Well yeah since I'm in an engineering class containing only students who are majoring in engineering so yeah I'd say so >:

Grislygus Apr 7th, 2008 03:45 PM

My friend's dealing with that anxiety stuff right now in Cal State Fullerton, I'm coaching him on studying the shit out of it weeks beforehand and the day before and on the test just doing something totally relaxing

Fat_Hippo Apr 7th, 2008 03:46 PM

Fuck.

Grislygus Apr 7th, 2008 03:47 PM

He's not doing that great though, he can't actually relax unless he mentally decides "Fuck it" on those two days

Esuohlim Apr 7th, 2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 546220)
I'M IN A CRAZY ENOUGH MOOD TO PICK UP MY PHONE AND DIAL 13 NUMBERS SO I'D WATCH IT

lol that shut you up but good :o

Fat_Hippo Apr 7th, 2008 03:49 PM

It's very difficult to force yourself into a "fuck it" mentality. I'd know, because theoretically, I know I'm getting through into next year no matter what my grades are the rest of the year, but I still can't force myself not to care. It sucks.

Grislygus Apr 7th, 2008 03:49 PM

Now, what's the presentation gonna be about, how long is it, etc

In my experience, the key to essay tests and involved presentations is finding a springboard straight into and through the material

Esuohlim Apr 7th, 2008 03:50 PM

What's been going on lately is that I've got the material down pat, then in the test taking situation it pretty much disappears from my brain until 20 minutes after the test and I'm like "well fuck >:"

I have been stressed out these last few months though. I need summer >: