I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Summer Mock Meet 2003 Planning Phase I (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1806)

Carnivore Mar 21st, 2003 10:04 AM

Summer Mock Meet 2003 Planning Phase I

Summer is only a few months away and it's time to start to get our shit together on the next big Mock Meet!

The first thing we have to agree on is where to hold the gathering. Everybody is free to make suggestions and plug their city of choice. I'll start the process by plugging Boston!

Apportioner, CrazyBiter, Darryl, Max Burbank, and myself are all from the area, so we can be your tour guides. We can guarantee reasonably comfortable transportation for at least 12 people by car in my, CB, and Apportioner's vehicles. I don't know if Max or Darryl will be available. There is a great deal to do in or near the city. I'll give a few examples broken down into catergories.

There are no shortages of bars! You can't walk very far without hitting one. The alcoholics among us will have no complaints. Boston is very well-known for its dominance in this area, so I'll leave it at that.

There are a great many historical sites in Massachusetts. There are the obvious Revolutionary War sites of Bunker Hill, Lexington, and Concord. The USS Constitution is docked in Charlestown, an obvious location for a gathering of pirates! Then there's Faneuil Hall and all the other crap on the Freedom Trail. And, of course, Max's home town of Salem. Witches!

As for fun and game type places, we know quite a few. Six Flags New England is out in the western part of the state. It would be about 90 minutes away from Boston by car. There are plenty of billiard places and arcades. One place the Apportioner and I go to occassionally is the Good Time Emporium. They probably have every arcade game ever made along with a crappy little laser tag arena. For good laser tag, there is a Laser Quest up in Danvers, near Salem. They also have overnight lockins. If Boston is chosen as the site of the Mock Meet, I'll keep an eye out to see if one is coming up. There are several beaches in MA stretching from Cape Cod to the North Shore, although the water may not be as warm as some are used to.

The only disadvantage I can think of is lodging. CB and I will not be able to house anyone. I'm guessing the same is true for Apportioner. As for Max and Darryl, I don't know. I doubt they'd want a dozen people in their homes, though.

So, I've made my case for Boston. I think about a week from now we can all put this to a vote. I'm sure a bunch of the idiotic assclowns who hang out on the boards are going to pollute this thread at some point, but all true Mockers are asked to ignore their imput and stick to the matter at hand.

glowbelly Mar 21st, 2003 10:32 AM

i was just thinking that it would be nice to take a little vacation to visit all of my mocker friends this summer before i move to philly. boston was definitely on my list. i fucking love that town.

Blackjack Mar 21st, 2003 11:16 AM

Sure, I'll go as long as someone from Europe comes with me.

I say Europe because most of the British Mockers don't seem to want to post here any more. That's why I'm looking at YOU, FatSatan!

I know there are many cheap flights which leave from Amsterdam, so we could feasibly meet up and fly over to the states for a few days or so.

And don't forget to bring THE PIG!!!!

Buffalo Tom Mar 21st, 2003 11:54 AM

Two words: Easter Island. How can you not want to hold a convention in that place???

Failing that, Boston would be okay, so long as the Bruins trade Joe Thornton to a Canadian hockey club.

mburbank Mar 21st, 2003 12:00 PM

I am so up for Easter Island! Where else can you get such a LOTTA HEAD!?!?

Oh, laws, that was fun.

But if you come here, I won't have to go anyhwere. AND we hve the oldest continously operating chocolate store in the country!

Miss Modular Mar 21st, 2003 12:06 PM

I have relatives in the Boston Area, so I may not have such a problem this time around. However, one of them is getting married, so I don't know if they'll want to keep me. But I don't think my mom should be too worried this time around.

Protoclown Mar 21st, 2003 12:16 PM

I would love to see Boston. Regardless, wherever we hold this Mock Meet, I will be there.

sspadowsky Mar 21st, 2003 12:40 PM

Damn. I really wanna try to do this one. Unfortunately, that's gonna mean choosing between that and George's big party, 'cause I don't think we'll be able to afford both.

Anyone have a guess at just when we wanna do this?
________
Free online xxx

glowbelly Mar 21st, 2003 01:58 PM

george's party is going to be the bomb diggity, yo.

Mockery Mar 21st, 2003 02:23 PM

Fuck Boston, Salem was 50 times cooler. That's where you guys should hold it if you're gonna hold it up north.

And Carni... when ya gonna post all the photos from your recent trip down here?

Carnivore Mar 21st, 2003 02:30 PM

I'll see if I can get to it tonight.

Anyone have any other suggestions beside Boston? Unanimity is a good thing, but I'd be curious to see some other places. Doesn't anyone else have a suggestion?

You haven't seen much of Boston, Mock. I wasn't particularly impressed with Richmond from what I saw, but I'm sure there's much more there, so I'm not passing judgment. We won't be staying solely in Boston anyway.

George's party will be great, I'm sure. I'm going to try to be there myself. This, however, is the annual Mock Meet. It should be bigger and longer. Your presence would be greatly missed if you were not to attend, Spad. This meeting will most likely be in July or August when all the high school and college Mockers are available. Agreeing on the date will be the next step after choosing the location.

Mockery Mar 21st, 2003 02:38 PM

You haven't seen much of Boston, Mock. I wasn't particularly impressed with Richmond from what I saw, but I'm sure there's much more there, so I'm not passing judgment. We won't be staying solely in Boston anyway.

That was my second time in Boston when I came to see you guys, I've seen quite a bit of it and I never like it. For a large city, I thought it was quite boring. Much like Richmond. And yes while I'm sure there's little things I didn't get to see just like with you guys here in Richmond, in general, both cities are boring as hell.

Salem was definitely an awesome place. Philly absolutely rocks too, so that'd be another suggestion. I've also been wanting to see the West Coast... so there's always that. The West Coast mockers never really get to meet up with the East Coast ones ya know? Why not try making it easier... you know, meeting them halfway? (just NOT in any place like Texas)

And yeah Spad, I have to agree with Carni. The annual mockmeet is definitely a bigger/longer ordeal with more people in attendance most likely. I won't be going to George's upcoming party, but I'll try to find a way to make it to whatever mockmeet comes along this summer.

Anyway, I'll post the grandfather SMASH whenever you post your photos up.
:rock

ItalianStereotype Mar 21st, 2003 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery
That was my second time in Boston when I came to see you guys, I've seen quite a bit of it and I never like it. For a large city, I thought it was quite boring.

sounds like SOMEONE doesnt watch insomniac

Mockery Mar 21st, 2003 02:42 PM

Actually, yes I do. :P

But he can have fun in any city/town because 1) wherever he goes people will buy him drinks and do incredibly stupid shit just to be on his show, 2) he has access to places and things that people without television shows can't get into and 3) Comedy Central pays for him to go around and do whatever he wants.

Carnivore Mar 21st, 2003 02:47 PM

Oh, and Boston also has the Aquarium and Museum of Science which I forgot to mention.

Mock, e-mail me the Grandfather SMASH photo as I want to incorporate it into the post of my pictures. I'm going to put them in story form and that's an important part of the story!

Anonymous Mar 21st, 2003 03:15 PM

We could have the meet the week before or the week after George's party. That'd be the bomb diggit-iggity.

Especially since I'll probably be working a camp this summer and wouldn't be able to take off.

As for location, the only place I've been to on the east coast that doesn't suck is New York, so I have no frame of reference.

whoreable Mar 21st, 2003 03:17 PM

vegas.

Carnivore Mar 21st, 2003 03:19 PM

Think about the college people! They won't be able to make it the week before or after George's party!

Not to mention that's cutting down our planning time to a matter of weeks!

glowbelly Mar 21st, 2003 03:31 PM

the problem with getting the west and east coast mockers together in one place is there is really nowhere interesting to go in the middle of our country.

i just looked at a map.

there's kansas...or nebraska.

Carnivore Mar 21st, 2003 03:34 PM

Minneapolis is quite nice. And there's always Chicago. Perhaps New Orleans? I'm sure it's nice so long as you don't leave the city limits.

Mockery Mar 21st, 2003 03:34 PM

Then I say we go for the West Coast. It'd be nice to get off the East Coast for a lil' while anyway.

Carni, I just finished the animated pics and I've sent them to your email address. Check 'em out!

-RoG-

glowbelly Mar 21st, 2003 03:44 PM

i'm going to vegas in 2 weeks.
shit, i'm going to vegas in 2 weeks!
who has tenno's email address?

vegas would be INSANE...i wonder how many timeshare thingies my cousin can get me for free at once...

Zomboid Mar 21st, 2003 03:48 PM

Canadian mockers always get the shaft with these things >:

glowbelly Mar 21st, 2003 03:52 PM

nuh uh. buffalo tom has come to see me a couple of times and he went to new york. i think he was going to go to chicago, but his car got stolen or some other such crazy stuff.

KevinTheOmnivore Mar 21st, 2003 04:11 PM

I might be in Texas by this point.