I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Bad Movies you think are good. (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8321)

Jixby Phillips Dec 27th, 2003 06:21 AM

Bad Movies you think are good.

I was looking in the Bottom 100 films at the imdb.com (http://us.imdb.com/bottom_100_films) and there were a few in there that I think are good. I mean GOOD, not like so-bad-it's-good.

Nothing But Trouble (#91) Maybe the fact that I first saw it when I was in the 4th grade helped my case for liking it. But I think it's fun to watch and pretty original. The last time I watched it was maybe a year ago, and I still like it a lot.

Freddy Got Fingered (#83) This really is one of my favorite movies ever. A great parody of gross-out films. Critics didn't understand it. They didn't even try :( People hate looking for smartness in movies where it's much easier to find stupidity. Freddy Got Fingered suffered from this.

An Alan Smithee Film: Burn Hollywood Burn (#57) Okay, this one I shouldn't include, because I know I'd totally hate it now. But in the 8th grade I thought it was clever. I think I was just very proud of the fact that I knew who Alan Smithee was before seeing this movie, and my friends didn't. I just wanted to have more than 3 movies in this list. But yeah, looking back on it now, it's a bad fucking movie.

It's Pat (#22) Seriously, I fucking love this movie. It's so cynical and dark for an SNL-sketch-turned-movie. And it makes fun of lame, co-dependant couples so well. And I love that they made Pat such an unlikable asshole. I think theres a lot of great qualities to this movie that a lot of people over-looked, because they were too busy thinking about it as an extension of the SNL skit. And the performances extremly silly and great.

NOW YOU GO

Krythor Dec 27th, 2003 07:59 AM

Teen Wolf Too, Captain America, Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot, Robocop 3, Grease 2 and Pet Semetary 2 are all movies off that list that I liked when I was younger. Note that alot of them come from the same time period, too.

I never got around to watching Freddy Got Fingered and the trailers didn't make it look it look like a parody at all, but you've sparked my interest.

Geggy Dec 27th, 2003 08:37 AM

i thought freddy got fingered was pretty funny, as well as problem child 2 which was also on the list. why didnt they include madhouse with kirstie alley in the list? that was the worst fucking movie ever.

wreckreation Dec 27th, 2003 09:58 AM

IN ADDITION TO ALL OF JIXBY'S LISTED ONES:

Police Academy 6: City Under Seige
I really like how the cadets are matched up equally against the wilson heights gang. I LIKE SYMMETRY

Police Academy 5: Assignment: Miami Beach
I really like the stupid bad guys and the Bayou chase scene reminds me exactly of a Sea World water action show. The whole finale is great with the kidnapping and everything.

Mannequin: On the move
This movie shows that gays sometimes have sex with girls. The lead guy in a movie named "Mannequin" has gotta be gay. I love the character Hollywood. I like how everything works out in a cheesy show and the made up country stuff. It's not "so bad it's good", it never aimed to be that good so it is very entertaining. I think I actually saw this in theaters. I will never get sick of seeing a guy ride aroudn town on his motorcycle with a mannequin.

Spics World (lol SPICE world)
This movie is VERY entertaining and has lots of funny characters. I love how the plot is so simple. Everyone loves the spice girls no questions asked. The girls do a good job too! Why do people hate this movie?

Superman 4
I like how superman has to fight another super hero with a different colored outfit. That guy is pretty cool too. I also like how he gets beat up in clever ways. The superhero vs. smart bad guy plot sucks so it's good to have a slugfest thats metaphorical for world politics.

Iron Eagle 2
I don't get why people hate this movie either. I like how the americans and the russians have tension at first and then become friends. I like how the one russian guy killed Doug from the first movie. I LOVE the interactions between the guys on the tank crew with the goofy russians and the americans. I love how the russian shoots the basketball.

Police Academy: Mission to Moscow
I wasn't gonna include this one but talking about russians changed my mind. I love the acrobats and the counterplot of lassard getting lost. I love how the movie is about computer crime and is very relevent to our time.

Best Defense
This movie is great! It's 2 movies in one! Dudley Moore does his schtick free from any other comics stepping on his jokes. Murphy does his schtick free from anyone getting in his way. The plots meet in the end and America wins!

Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol
This movie ushers in all the even less likely to be police officers cadets. The old lady is good. Bobcat is GREAT as usual. The police academy series is really fun to watch.

Pokemon the First Movie: Mewtwo strikes back
THIS IS THE BEST EPISODE OF POKEMON EVER! It is the ultimate match (until later movies).

Jury Duty
A good parody of media and law and stuff. Tia Carrere's interaction with pauly shore is great. She actually does a good job acting making pauly shore all the more funny. This reminds me a lot of 12 angry men and the twist ending is fantastic!

Weekend at Bernie's 2
For the first sequal to an already "fun in the sun" driven series it is early to take the boys to the caribbean. However IMO i like this one more than the first. What better way to advance the weekend at bernie's plot than to make bernie actually alive sorta!!! The voodoo stuff is hilarious. The boys are endearing and bumbling. BERNIE GETS LAID!

Caddyshack 2
Why is this movie on here? The first caddyshack is comedy legend. This one i think i might like even more. I love how one asshole with money and a good heart takes on all the assholes with less money and pissy attitudes. I LOVE RANDY QUAID IN THIS MOVIE! Robert Stack is great too.

Super Mario Bros.
I love how loosely this is based on the game. John Leguizamo is very good. Hoskins is good too! The action is entertaining and well paced. Dennis Hopper provides a good bad guy, but my favorite of all is FISHER STEVENS! Stevens is GREAT in everything he is in. Stevens plays Benjamin from short circuit. Stevens is the plague from hackers. Stevens is GREAT as stupid Iggy.

McHale's Navy
This movie is pretty entertaining. I like Tim Curry. I like Tom arnold and david alan grier and french stewart. It's goofy, but in a hollywood way i like. I also liked sgt. bilko

On Deadly Ground
When i first saw this movie i was young and stupid and i STILL thought segal was a fag for going all tribal. I remember the day exactly. I felt very guilty for thinking segal is a fag for dressing stupid and wanting to save the world by kicking ass. Anyways, I saw bob odenkirk and david cross do commentary for this at a film festival and it redeemed this movie for me FOREVER! they actually did research into the movie so it wasn't just stupid cutdowns. THEY WERE INSIGHTFULL CUTDOWNS.

Pet Sematary 2
The action is better in this movie. The dog is cool. The dad is cool. "No brain, No pain" or something like that. Really this movie is a 96 minute guns and roses video and i appreciate that.

Leprechaun
Ok this movie is so bad it's good. I still like evil willow, and Jennifer Aniston is in it!!!

Arthur 2: On the rocks
I love the arthur series. I love how they make fun of alcoholics but do it in a way that makes alcoholism seem VERY fun. Arthur is the biggest id ever as he drives on in his drunken antics. How a plot actually occurs is a marvel of the silver screen.

YES I ACTUALLY LIKE THESE MOVIES! >:

Mad Melvin Dec 27th, 2003 10:17 AM

Please tell me you are kidding. I mean, nobody can say with a straight face that they like the spice girls. NOBODY.

Emu Dec 27th, 2003 11:27 AM

The Final Sacrifice. Provided I watched it through MST3K, I still thought it was of better quality than most of the shit movies they make fun of.

James Dec 27th, 2003 11:34 AM

The problem with Freddy Got Fingered, is that it's "cool" to hate Tom Green. It used to be "cool" to love him. So the movie, no matter how hilarious it is, you're supposed to not like it. There's no substance to the story, and it's just a bunch of connected comedy bits that are usually pretty gross and pointless. And critics refuse to laugh and enjoy it, because that's not what they're supposed to do.

But fuck me, if it's not one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. My mom and brother thought so too. I mean, seriously, when you have Tom Green caning a paralyzed girl's legs while Jay-Z plays in the background, you have a quality movie.

McHale's Navy is an enjoyable movie, too. I love Tim Curry, and you have Bruce Campbell in there too. It's not a blockbuster by any accounts, but it's a cute movie to watch when it's on TV.

AChimp Dec 27th, 2003 11:55 AM

I thought Suburban Commando was pretty good. It's not on the bottom 100 list, but it still has a really low rating.

What's not to like about Hulk Hogan punching a mime?

wreckreation Dec 27th, 2003 12:09 PM

I like the spice girls movie. It is entertaining and care free. I even to a certain pop music extent like the spice girls, but that is another discussion. The spice girls MOVIE is funny and not serious in any way.

Emu Dec 27th, 2003 12:10 PM

Quote:

Comments under "From Justin to Kelly":
Has Anyone Actually WATCHED IT?? Kimberwyn
POSSIBLE OSCAR WINNER :) xmen7899631
Best Movie Of All Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hypertexaschica
I Thought it would be about a Sex-Change Operationwh1speringdeath
My friend had a strange desire after seeing this movie.... punkguy002
Why is it THE WORST FILM OF ALL TIME? trip_taylor2001
:lol

Esuohlim Dec 27th, 2003 12:14 PM

Problem Child 2, Dumb and Dumberer, and Kazaam were the only three I actually saw in that list. Problem Child 2 was good, I thought. :(

Snatchtastic Dec 27th, 2003 03:25 PM

WTF??? The leprechaun is one of the most quality films ever.

Just as long as your watching it on St. Patricks Day or Easter and you have alot of beer, and every time you see the Leprechaun you take a drink.

JAPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUR

MK IV Dec 27th, 2003 04:44 PM

You should see the top 100 >:

Anonymous Dec 27th, 2003 07:05 PM

The Cable Guy

Ghost of Fraiser Dec 27th, 2003 08:06 PM

Manos >:

Cap'n Crunch Dec 27th, 2003 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krythor
Teen Wolf Too

"I ONLY CAME TO THIS SCHOOL TO STUDY HARD A BE A VETRANERIAN." :lol

EverythingWillSuck Dec 27th, 2003 09:17 PM

Sides what (somewhat) everyone else said, nothing else on the list was good.

Rongi Dec 27th, 2003 11:34 PM

Not Another Teen Movie :(

Cap'n Crunch Dec 27th, 2003 11:47 PM

The Paper Brigade movie that comes on Disney Channel sometimes. :( I don't know why I like it I just do so lay off. >:

FartinMowler Dec 27th, 2003 11:49 PM

Happy Gilmore (Bob barker made me laugh)
The thirteenth warrior
Rug rats movies (forced to watch them with my kids but enjoyed)
The mask
Who's talking series (just kidding they sucked)

ScruU2wice Dec 28th, 2003 12:20 AM

Pokémon the First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back

it was deep :eek

crash0814 Dec 28th, 2003 02:17 AM

Stay Tuned, the John Ritter classic where him and his wife get sucked into their satellite dish run by Satan and have to go through parodies of various movies and shows in a battle to save their soul from Hell. How can it not be a great movie?

Zbu Manowar Dec 28th, 2003 02:29 AM

Robocop 3 didn't suck as much as Robocop 2. ;)

As for Manos, I don't think it belongs on that list. Manos was made with the budget and techinical restriction (why is every shot only 18 seconds long? All they had to film with was bits of film that were 18 seconds long) and while it is a doozy of a loser, the only reason it's there is because it's the worst movie to ever appear on MST3K. Yet I don't see Monster-A-Go-Go which is definitely much more boring.

But I could go on and on. The good thing about this list is a lot of movies they put on were just plain BORING. That's the only real crime for a movie to have: to be horrible when played straight and too horrible to mock. Other than that, I can't think of any movies on there I'd be obliged to save.

pjalne Dec 28th, 2003 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wreckreation
Spics World (lol SPICE world)
This movie is VERY entertaining and has lots of funny characters. I love how the plot is so simple. Everyone loves the spice girls no questions asked. The girls do a good job too! Why do people hate this movie?

Superman 4
I like how superman has to fight another super hero with a different colored outfit. That guy is pretty cool too. I also like how he gets beat up in clever ways. The superhero vs. smart bad guy plot sucks so it's good to have a slugfest thats metaphorical for world politics.

Spice World is fantastic. Shut up all of you >: >:

I love how in Superman 4 Sups and the other guy behave like gravity is normal in outer space while they have to walk in slo-mo when they're on the moon. And how it's day in the US and China at the same time. And Superman's stop-motion rebuildo vision that never was used before or ever again.

Protoclown Dec 28th, 2003 11:04 AM

The 13th Warrior is NOT a bad movie.