I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Shit that needs to be on DVD! (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23326)

Rabid Child Jan 16th, 2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azrael
Upright Citizen's Brigade Seasons 2 & 3.

Agreed. I have the first one and its amazing

zeldasbiggestfan Jan 16th, 2007 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dire Flamingo
Season 3 of Pete and Pete. It had the episode where little Pete tried to get out of the dance by eating so much creamed corn that he had to get his stomach pumped.
:(

I fucking love that show.

DehydratedPorkMan Jan 17th, 2007 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeldasbiggestfan
Quote:

Season 3 of Pete and Pete. It had the episode where little Pete tried to get out of the dance by eating so much creamed corn that he had to get his stomach pumped.

They might as well put out Salute Your Shorts, too. The first Pete & Pete came out of a petition. You think they'd see big money in releasing their classics.

I miss when they had the Tomorrow People on Nickolodeon. I don't know how many people watched the same shows I grew up with, but I don't think it's close to popular enough to come out. And yes I do know there's another series by the same name that is out. I already have that collection.

Angryhydralisk Jan 17th, 2007 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DehydratedPorkMan
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeldasbiggestfan
Quote:

They might as well put out Salute Your Shorts, too. The first Pete & Pete came out of a petition. You think they'd see big money in releasing their classics.

It's no worry for Nickelodeon, because they're a kids channel. It'd be cool if they did release box sets of Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude!, You Can't Do That on Television!, Pete & Pete, and all their other shows....(And if they'll listen to one petition, chances are they may listen to more if the demand is high enough.)

But to be honest, has Nickelodeon ever been the type of channel to show nostalgia or interest in the past or the splurge to release even the worst stuff? (Let's not count Nick at Nite, okay?)

DehydratedPorkMan Jan 17th, 2007 01:50 PM

They do occasionally show Rocko's Modern Life and Angry Beavers.

But you're right. The only reason Pete and Pete came out was because of a petition.

And you totally brought up You Can't Say that on Television before me. But I was waiting for someone to say something like "fuck that show" so I could wittily respond with that.

Angryhydralisk Jan 17th, 2007 01:56 PM

You Can't....was an awesome show. Pure batshit madness and someone got slimed in every episode (Which is as cool as say, someone getting decapitated by an immortal in every episode.)

timrpgland Jan 17th, 2007 02:05 PM

They still need to put Weird Science out on DVD.

DehydratedPorkMan Jan 17th, 2007 02:06 PM

I definitely think it would be a wise choice if Nickoloden released a nostalgic series. I don't want to have to go on YouTube to see Inside-Out Boy.

Rabid Child Jan 17th, 2007 03:36 PM

anyone who watch nick in the 90's remember Weinerville?

Summary from Retro Junk.com (awsome site that has funny articles, and video of tv intro's commercials and movie trailers

"A totally outrageous half-hour variety show, uses classic elements of kid's programming, which include puppeteering and interaction with a live studio audience, to entertain kids and their parents. Weinerville Productions also produces live nationally touring stage shows. Weinerville specializes in Marc Weiner’s two unique forms of puppetry, The Weinerettes - hand puppets - and The Weinerville style head puppets - human heads on puppet bodies."

DehydratedPorkMan Jan 17th, 2007 03:39 PM

I fucking miss Weinerville.

There was this show (the channel escapes me) called Mr. Bogus about a little yellow dude. That show was rad as well.

Rabid Child Jan 17th, 2007 03:42 PM

Quote:

I fucking miss Weinerville.

There was this show (the channel escapes me) called Mr. Bogus about a little yellow dude. That show was rad as well.

My parent's were overly strict and wouldn't let me watch alot of shows on nick so i would love to get the dvds of thouse shows. I want to get Roundhouse on DVD. I only saw 2 episodes

zeldasbiggestfan Jan 17th, 2007 09:00 PM

Roundhouse kicks ass.

Rabid Child Jan 17th, 2007 09:08 PM

I know and my parents suck for not letting me watch it along with Salute Your Shorts, Welcolme Freshman and allmost every other show on the station at the time, i was really young then i guess thats why

Jixby Phillips Jan 17th, 2007 09:42 PM

One time Round House parodied Beavis and Butt-head and I found it very edgy

Another time they parodied gang violence and ended it with serious message at the end, taking a break from the comedy for once to deliver a very serious message to the youth of today.

Angryhydralisk Jan 18th, 2007 10:13 AM

I remember a lot of old Nick shows, but I can't remember Roundhouse for anything. Wasn't it a show in the vein of All That? (Which was a good show until around season 3.)

DehydratedPorkMan Jan 18th, 2007 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angryhydralisk
I remember a lot of old Nick shows, but I can't remember Roundhouse for anything. Wasn't it a show in the vein of All That? (Which was a good show until around season 3.)

All That was a show in the vein of Roundhouse which was in the kid's vein of SNL.

My favorite moment was the dehydrated drinking water segment. "Just add....nevermind."
I was 5. I laughed my ass off.

Rabid Child Jan 18th, 2007 06:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angryhydralisk

All That was a show in the vein of Roundhouse which was in the kid's vein of SNL.

My favorite moment was the dehydrated drinking water segment. "Just add....nevermind."
I was 5. I laughed my ass off.

it's produced by the same people who produced In Living Color

Fathom Zero Jan 19th, 2007 03:57 PM

Is Bedknobs & Broomsticks on DVD? If it isn't, it should be.

Also, "Hey, Dude!" needs to be on DVD.

executioneer Jan 19th, 2007 07:18 PM

mary poppins isn't, i know

Rabid Child Jan 20th, 2007 05:07 PM

Mary Poppins Most defenetly is on dvd http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Poppins-A...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd
which reminds me has anyone here seen a video called Scary Mary?

bigtimecow Jan 24th, 2007 04:57 PM

12 oz. mouse

the 2nd season ended like a month ago, so therefore the dvd needs to be out immediately

executioneer Jan 24th, 2007 09:15 PM

i hate that show :(

Grislygus Jan 24th, 2007 09:22 PM

I used to hate it with a passion, but the damned thing grew on me.

Literally. I now have a badly drawn, partially formed green mousehead on my shoulder.

xbxDaniel Jan 24th, 2007 09:26 PM

I'm hoping not permanently.

executioneer Jan 24th, 2007 09:35 PM

i mean i like the opening/closing scene but the actual content of the show is just like "OMG LOOK AT THIS ITS SO R*NDOM"