I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

Tadao Nov 3rd, 2009 05:19 PM

:pagebrak

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 656686)
I was applying for some grassroots campaign shit

You can get paid for doing this?

Guitar Woman Nov 3rd, 2009 05:21 PM

Neighborhood of 300 dollars a week, brah.

It's the kind of thing where you hang out on street corners or go door to door and pester people to donate for THE CAUSE.

I would hate myself, but I would also have money.

Fathom Zero Nov 3rd, 2009 05:26 PM

I don't like interacting with people. I can't do that. I like manual labor.

I could work in a meat-packing plant in my neck of the woods and make eighteen dollars and hour for lifting a box of meat five feet for seven hours a day, two ten minute breaks, and a lunch break.

Tadao Nov 3rd, 2009 05:27 PM

Yeah, but you would have to join a union. :x

Fathom Zero Nov 3rd, 2009 05:33 PM

what if I don't want to join a union?

Tadao Nov 3rd, 2009 05:34 PM

You won't work with meat then.

Fathom Zero Nov 3rd, 2009 05:37 PM

Bah. Unions suck.

Tadao Nov 3rd, 2009 05:45 PM

A long time ago, they were a good thing. I think nowadays they are using the people as a weapon for their own greed.

Guitar Woman Nov 3rd, 2009 05:48 PM

Jobs suck.

Why the fuck can't I just be a bum?

Dr. Boogie Nov 3rd, 2009 05:50 PM

Because you still have to sit outside and interact with people.

Guitar Woman Nov 3rd, 2009 05:53 PM

Not that I can't interact with people, I just feel like employers require you to be Dwayne Johnson in terms of charisma

And honestly, who would you hire first, a nervous, jittery alcoholic or The Rock

Wiffles Nov 3rd, 2009 05:56 PM

You should definately try being a bum, and see if it works well with you. Otherwise there are alot of jobs that dont need charisma, like fruit picker or something ^.^;

captain516 Nov 3rd, 2009 05:57 PM

It's not that hard to smile and and nod politley. I'm socially awkward and even I can do that.

Kitsa Nov 3rd, 2009 05:57 PM

Unless you can snag one of these:

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/b...rvey-city.aspx

The most spectacularly blown job interview I ever saw was a doctor. My boss, the superhighup executive doctor, had just gotten back from vacationing at his timeshare in Montana. While he waited for the interview guy to arrive, he was telling me about how great Montana was and how on his way to the airport there was an actual moose in the road. He and his wife and his kids all got out to look at the moose.

When the interview doctor arrived, he said he was sorry he was late and that he'd just gotten off a plane. This prompted my boss to ask where he was from. Montana, of course. My boss's eyes lit up and he started to go back into the spiel about how great Montana is.

The interviewee doctor said, "Yeah, it's great but the tourists have ruined it. On my way out there was some idiot who caused a huge traffic backup to gawk at a moose in the road."

That reads like a joke, but I swear it happened, I was sitting right there. The guy didn't get the job.

Guitar Woman Nov 3rd, 2009 05:59 PM

:lol

Kitsa Nov 3rd, 2009 06:03 PM

Ever since then, I've been trying to figure out the logistics. Was it my boss? Was it a different tourist? I can't remember when my boss got back to Chicago. I think it was that morning; I think this was a Monday. Could they have been on the same flight, or were there several morning flights from Montana to Chicago?

I found myself really, really hoping it was my boss the guy was pissed off about. I'm pretty sure my boss assumed it was.

Aaarg Nov 3rd, 2009 07:50 PM

Apparently Office Depot has higher security measures in place for their online store than the following: Amazon, Verizon, West Virginia University, Northern Virginia Community College, and the federal fucking government's Direct Student Loans program.

All of those services (and probably more I've forgotten over the years) have no problem with me using my credit card to make purchases, but not Office Depot!

So now I'm not getting the computer that I received a "shipping confirmation" email regarding, and I have to wait until my bank account clears the hold for the transaction and I can buy a different computer and then wait a few days for that.

I was really looking forward to fucking around with a new computer tonight, but uhhh I guess I'll have to wait another week at least?

Fuck you.

EDIT: also the couple I live with is fighting and I have to pick him up from class later (though she's at the same fucking place as him for the same amount of fucking time) and then I guess we're still hanging out and getting fucked up together?

stevetothepast Nov 3rd, 2009 08:03 PM

nobody said life would be easy Fido

Aaarg Nov 3rd, 2009 08:07 PM

everything's so terrible in the winter. i get paranoid that other people think less of me, i tend to get overwhelmed by a state of depression, blah blah blah. i don't like it when it gets cold.

stevetothepast Nov 3rd, 2009 08:16 PM

ya I think a lot of people feel that way in winter, in one way I look forward to the snow, but it does get pretty depressing after a while, my favorite season is the fall hands down. The summer pisses me off, too damn hot for my liking, spring is bullshit mud everywhere, fucking soggy ground and shit, and winter is depressing like you've said.

Aaarg Nov 3rd, 2009 08:29 PM

Yeah, fall is beautiful but it also tends to make me sad. It seems to make me dream a lot more, or at least has my imagination running more frequently. I like that aspect of it, but not the depression.

I used to hate the summer, but I've been growing to enjoy it more and more each year.

I love the changing of seasons because it makes things look different, but fuuuuuck the winter.

Luckily I'm not the only one in this household who feels this way. I was outside with my friend's wife, staring at the mountain across the road. She said "this part of the year makes me want to die."

Chojin Nov 3rd, 2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 656692)
Neighborhood of 300 dollars a week, brah.

i wish i lived in the neighborhood of 300 dollars a week

Fathom Zero Nov 3rd, 2009 09:11 PM

Fucking Quicktime fucking piece of shit fucking Apple software. >:

executioneer Nov 3rd, 2009 09:12 PM

what'd it do this time

Fathom Zero Nov 3rd, 2009 09:15 PM

It doesn't want to let me actually download .mp3s. It keeps playing them in my browser. And I can't right click, because it's linked to from a Flash object.

I'm sure there's a setting in Quicktime, but I didn't care enough to keep a program that appropriated all media from everywhere.

And it called me a ******.