I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

kahljorn Feb 20th, 2012 08:35 PM

dnvare get on titanquest now you stupid bastard

darkvare Feb 20th, 2012 08:47 PM

same game, same pass?

OxBlood Feb 26th, 2012 08:02 AM

Okay, so Binary Domain and Syndicate.

First off, I didn´t really like the BD-Demo all that much but the full game is WAY better. Both Demolevels are from the first third of the game when your Rifle isn´t all that good. Later on, Dan´s primary weapon becomes an enjoyable piece of destruction equipment :)
But it´s the story and the mood that make this game better than average. The whole "when does artificial life become "life", what if you´re a robot but you don´t know"-thing has always interested me and that´s basically all the game´s about. I´m not through it yet, should be soon though.
So far, around 10 hours of excellent entertainment.

Syndicate on the other hand, I only got because of the coop-mode but turns out, the Campaign has an extremely well-set mood to it, the dystopian and hostile feel to it is pretty great :)
Can´t say much about the coop yet, since I´ve only played the western europe-map from the demo with other people. I like it so far :)

dextire Feb 28th, 2012 09:22 PM

I got the new Twisted Metal this weekend. I haven't got to play it much, but so far it's awesome. :)

Phoenix Gamma Feb 29th, 2012 03:15 AM

Just platinumed Rayman Origins. That game went from mediocre to fantastic to mediocre real fast. The last level went overboard with the trial and error shit, but everything in the middle, from the levels to the music were phenomenal. Pretty as fuck though. Also the Vita version has the backstory on Rayman and Globox covered in two really funny murals. I liked that someone on the staff stopped and said "what if Rayman used to be bald and Globox used to be red?" just for the sake of fucking around with the canon.

Mad Melvin Mar 1st, 2012 08:53 AM

Just played trough Psychonauts. Can't remember the last time I had this much fun with a game. It may very well be the best platformer I have ever played.

MarioRPG Mar 1st, 2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Melvin (Post 755612)
Just played trough Psychonauts. Can't remember the last time I had this much fun with a game. It may very well be the best platformer I have ever played.

I knew nothing going into that game and came out a big fan... That Milkman level :love

OxBlood Mar 2nd, 2012 03:14 AM

I´m rather sure Psychonauts IS the best Platformer anyone can ever play actually...

Halfway through Last Story on the Wii. Good game, if a little standart in its systems but still fun. Most characters are just really sad...not Emo or anything, plain sad, makes you want to give them a hug :D

Also SSX, yeah I can´t play that game longer than 2 hours without getting annoyed somehow.

Fathom Zero Mar 2nd, 2012 03:18 PM

Mad Melvin Mar 2nd, 2012 03:30 PM

Started Mass Effect (the first one) for the 4th time. I'm maybe two hours into it. What the fuck is it with this game? I hate it. It's just layers of "game-polish" that make everything seem sterile as a cancer ward, the inventory is just the worst and the terrible combat system sucks everything that seems even remotely interesting right off. I really want to like this game, but I just don't get it. I also hated Dragon Age and Baldur's Gate, so maybe Bioware just doesn't work for me.

Esuohlim Mar 2nd, 2012 07:31 PM

So Psychonauts is really good? I've been looking for a really fun PC game lately and a lot of them I couldn't get into like Oblivion, Civ 5, even Fallout 2 for fuck's sake. I did like Portal but it was really short.

Fathom Zero Mar 2nd, 2012 10:20 PM

The second of the Portals is also really good. Different atmosphere, but the same amount of quality and polish.

kahljorn Mar 2nd, 2012 11:09 PM

YOU COULD GET TITAN QUEST YOU STUPID BITCH

also ive been playing shogun 2 total war and that games awesome. i love all the japanese artworknd the agents are cool as shit

Esuohlim Mar 2nd, 2012 11:14 PM

If I play an online RPG my first instinct would be to fuck with people on purpose because I'm not taking it seriously and nobody wants that. I'm staying away for your own good.

kahljorn Mar 3rd, 2012 12:54 AM

how can you not take diablo 2 in greece seriously

Esuohlim Mar 3rd, 2012 02:04 AM

How similar is it to Diablo 2? Is it like clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclick 'cause I don't wanna

Mad Melvin Mar 3rd, 2012 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 755630)
So Psychonauts is really good? I've been looking for a really fun PC game lately and a lot of them I couldn't get into like Oblivion, Civ 5, even Fallout 2 for fuck's sake. I did like Portal but it was really short.

YES. Get Psychonauts. I'm really cynical nowadays when it comes to games and it's really hard for me to get excited about anything. Psychonauts was like a breath of fresh air and reminded me why I started playing videogames to begin with. Just don't read anything about it beforehand. There is a shitload of wierd and hysterical stuff in the game that works best if it comes as a suprise.

Esuohlim Mar 3rd, 2012 05:21 AM

Fucking sold. I'm completely cynical about games too and EVERYONE AROUND HERE IS PROBABLY TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT IT CONSTANTLY :rolleyes

kahljorn Mar 3rd, 2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

How similar is it to Diablo 2? Is it like clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick clickclickclickclickclick 'cause I don't wanna
yes except it has a hotbar so you can also push 1-0

Guitar Woman Mar 4th, 2012 02:54 PM

I bought GTA4 + Episodes on Steam, and I wish someone had told me what a fucking awful idea this was beforehand.

First of all, GTA4 weighs in at about 16 gigabytes. I had to download that with a 60kbs/second connection. If you want to also install Episodes from Liberty City, that's 16 more gigabytes. Surely there should be some sort of system where if you install GTA4 first, you should get the episodes for substantially less disc space, right? It's the same goddamn engine; the way it is now you're just installing the fucking game twice.

Second of all, despite the fact that I got it on Steam, I have to register on Games for Windows Live if I want to save my progress, at all. This should have been fucking advertised somewhere because it is completely fucking retarded. I didn't get Steam so I could take it up the butt from Microsoft's shitty fucking shit; right now it's installing the second of about 500000000 updates and says "hey, you know how you just played a really long and boring and tedious GTA intro mission, one of the inevitable hardships we must endure to enjoy an otherwise excellent game? WELL GET READY TO DO IT AGAIN BECAUSE WE'RE RE-STARTING YOUR COMPUTER! HA HA HA." It also had the cheek to mock me further by suggesting I save my game and quit so that the update could complete, apparently not realizing that I can't save my fucking game until the update is complete.

I should've just bought a PS3, fuck this shit.

Mad Melvin Mar 4th, 2012 04:02 PM

Yeah, GTA4 is pretty shitty on a PC. After I installed all the software I don't want and all the patches and shit, the game ran fine for two minutes and then the framerate dropped to 10fps for no reason. My computer is pretty decent, so it wasn't a hardware problem. I fiddled around with the in-game settings, tried all the official and unofficial fixes, but I just couldn't get the fucking thing to work properly. So I ended up buying the xbox version for 20 bucks, which i've should've done in the first place.

Esuohlim Mar 4th, 2012 04:05 PM

you should play psychonauts instead i hear its good

Mad Melvin Mar 4th, 2012 04:18 PM

That avatar of yours makes me think that you are being sarcastic and you actually hated Psychonauts and now want my blood for recommending it

darkvare Mar 4th, 2012 04:58 PM

i bought gta 4 and episodes on ps3 at wal-mart and they gave me the metallic case the original special edition came in

kahljorn Mar 4th, 2012 06:57 PM

so im playing shogn total war 2 and waiting for this battle to end cause they cant win but im not going outside of my castle

anyway i was bored so i pushed rally and half my army ran away from me ;/

Shyandquietguy Mar 6th, 2012 02:41 AM

Bought Flatout Ultimate Carnage at a Goodwill for 3 bucks. Pretty fun. A lot of destructible pieces on the track that can actually slow you down or just get in the way if you're using the first person camera. They also remain on the track and still affect you the entire race. It's pretty easy to do pit maneuvers on the opponents though. I've had plenty of cars try to pass just to end up doing a 180 with one slight nudge. My most is three in a row. The AI is actually pretty decent, using the boost when they got it.

Esuohlim Mar 6th, 2012 11:34 PM

Just started Psychonauts and I kinda wish I was playing it on a console instead, but it's pretty fun so far

Mad Melvin Mar 7th, 2012 07:23 AM

Yeah, maybe I should've mentioned that a USB-gamepad is pretty much essential.

caffman Mar 14th, 2012 03:41 PM

Im playing Mass effect 2 at the mo as I realised a week ago I never completed it!

kahljorn Mar 14th, 2012 10:16 PM

started playing team fortress 2 and fallen earth since its free on steam

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 15th, 2012 05:16 PM

SOTN on xbox arcade. I'm stuck at 200.5 percent >:

Phoenix Gamma Mar 15th, 2012 05:53 PM

If you have a PS3 and don't own Journey, you're dumb and I hate you >:

<3 PG

Esuohlim Mar 15th, 2012 06:05 PM

What if I have a CD player and own Journey

darkvare Mar 15th, 2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 756170)
SOTN on xbox arcade. I'm stuck at 200.5 percent >:

lol look back on some pages and i was stuck aswell also i hate you too phoenix street figter x tekken FTW

Phoenix Gamma Mar 15th, 2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esuohlim (Post 756178)
What if I have a CD player and own Journey

:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Esuohlim Mar 15th, 2012 07:16 PM

You're all right in my book Phoenix Gamma :picklehat

Mad Melvin Mar 15th, 2012 07:53 PM

I jumped in the bandwagon and bought Project Zomboid. Has the potential to be the best game about zombie survival ever made. The game is currently in pre-alpha stage, so it is very limited and playability is a bit crappy, but it's still very fun. New versions are released weekly, so the project seems to be moving quite rapidly. Looking forward to co-op.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 15th, 2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvare (Post 756179)
lol look back on some pages and i was stuck aswell also i hate you too phoenix street figter x tekken FTW

I got it. missed a save room in inverted alchemy.

On my ps1 save I was stuck at the same percentage for 10 years till I came home one night with beer goggles and got the last room.

Zomboid Mar 16th, 2012 12:57 AM

I was at a Future Shop (I...don't think they have those in the US, but they're basically Best Buys, which we also have) over the weekend and saw a pre-order thing. Fuuuck, some good games are coming out. GTA V and BioShock Infinite are probably my most anticipated right now.

darkvare Mar 16th, 2012 02:56 AM

never liked bioshock but i did preordered GTA V and resident evil 6

OxBlood Mar 16th, 2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Melvin (Post 756184)
I jumped in the bandwagon and bought Project Zomboid. Has the potential to be the best game about zombie survival ever made. The game is currently in pre-alpha stage, so it is very limited and playability is a bit crappy, but it's still very fun. New versions are released weekly, so the project seems to be moving quite rapidly. Looking forward to co-op.

Did the guys making the game get over their "Backups? The fuck are backups for?"-Mentality? As far as I recall the game would be about 30% further along if they hadnīt lost most of their stuff some time ago...

Mad Melvin Mar 16th, 2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 756215)
Did the guys making the game get over their "Backups? The fuck are backups for?"-Mentality? As far as I recall the game would be about 30% further along if they hadnīt lost most of their stuff some time ago...

Yes. The game has advanced tremendously compared to the demo version.

kahljorn Mar 18th, 2012 04:17 AM

Quote:

was at a Future Shop (I...don't think they have those in the US
NO SHOWBOATING

Zomboid Mar 18th, 2012 02:36 PM

:lol

OxBlood Mar 19th, 2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Melvin (Post 756216)
Yes. The game has advanced tremendously compared to the demo version.

Good to hear, I thought the demo had a lot of potential and it would be a shame if that went to waste.

I got Yakuza Dead Souls the other day and to my suprise, itīs a really fun Zombie-game, especially because it is a Yakuza-game at the same time, itīs hard to explain. I just meshes really well together.

Big McLargehuge Mar 20th, 2012 01:34 PM

I am getting kind of addicted to Realm of the Mad God. You level quickly and die a lot of permanent deaths.

Dr. Boogie Mar 20th, 2012 04:42 PM

I played it for a little while, but there's just too great an emphasis on buying stuff with real money. Stuff that you lose if you get killed.

darkvare Mar 20th, 2012 09:27 PM

besides everytime he was on i was there annoying him

Zomboid Mar 20th, 2012 10:49 PM

That fucking Nemesis and those annoying spec ops have killed me like eight times. I regret bringing the cowboy shotgun to this one.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 21st, 2012 12:24 AM

Yeah, shotguns in general such in this game. After playing single player by myself I thought it was terrible. Playing with friends and multiplayer was a lot more enjoyable.

Zomboid Mar 21st, 2012 04:02 AM

I eventually got the hang of it, but it seems like the hit detection is off, or something. I frequently have someone in my sights with one of the sniper rifles, and it doesn't seem to do a damn thing.

Heroes mode is pretty fun.

OxBlood Mar 21st, 2012 05:14 AM

I played around with it a bit yesterday, is it possible, that RE ORC has the WORST AI of the last 10 years or so? It´s fucking horrible, the very first Counterstrike bots were better than these clowns...

Dimnos Mar 21st, 2012 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 756385)
Yeah, shotguns in general such in this game. After playing single player by myself I thought it was terrible. Playing with friends and multiplayer was a lot more enjoyable.

What game are you guys talking about? The new RE with Ox?

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 21st, 2012 09:34 AM

Yeah, me and two friends played campaign together for a bit too except we got stuck with beltway as our ai partner. The ai is pretty terrible but for about two hours it was physically manifested as beltways incompetence.

So now beltway has Lenny's voice from of mice and men.

darkvare Mar 21st, 2012 11:49 AM

so i got nba jam on ps3 i like it but i bought it mostly to play like the old snes days i wonder if someone will get beat up like the old days

Zomboid Mar 21st, 2012 04:22 PM

I managed to beat campaign mode with just AI partners, except for a period where I forgot to start a private game and had two humans with me. It...wasn't easy.

OxBlood Mar 22nd, 2012 11:45 AM

I actually managed to finish the horribly short campaign (we´re talking 3.5, 4 hours here) with 2 buddies yesterday. Apart from one or two bits, it was really easy. We played on normal, later tonight, we´ll try the highest difficulty and after that, I´ll make sure that piece of shit game gets the fuck out of my house.

Dimnos Mar 22nd, 2012 12:55 PM

Do the levels at least have some replay value like RE5 sort of had. To unlock weapons and upgrades and such? Is the multiplayer worth a damn? Should I even bother?

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 22nd, 2012 02:09 PM

You get more xp from doing the campaign levels which are kind of fun. Basically the five different classes share all guns. You carry over xp from multi to campaign and campaign to multi which is really good.

Some of the multi modes are fun. Nemesis mode is really hectic. Its like king of the hill but somewhere else in the level you can capture the nemesis computer and it goes on a rampage to the other team.

They have a survivor mode where its 4 on 4 trying to get to a rescue chopper. You can still kill the other team but can also help them get through zombies to get to the chopper. The chopper only has 4 seats on it so it becomes a full on brawl to get a seat at the end even against your own teammates.

Worth renting at least.

Zomboid Mar 22nd, 2012 04:40 PM

I did a blind buy on it, and I'm regretting it. I really expected it to be at least decent, but it's struggling to get even there. Still, I'll play it for a while longer just so it feels like I got my money's worth. Maybe it'll even grow on me.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 22nd, 2012 05:03 PM

there's some jill campaign dlc coming out next month

Gix Mar 22nd, 2012 08:37 PM

playing mass effect 2 and tomb raider:underworld

got TB for the ps3 and do a few missions in between with ME2, tring to finish up my goal for last year and that was to have beat it with every class, after this one ill just need to beat it with the adept and ill be done :P

Phoenix Gamma Mar 24th, 2012 04:16 PM

Kid Icarus Uprising is what happens when you take a bad NES game, turn it into Sin and Punishment 2, then add ground shooter stages with the worst controls ever, then change the setting to a Universal Studios ride. So basically everything is awesome except that part with the controls.

Edit: I bought a bendy stylus and wrapped it around my thumb. Now the ground levels aren't abysmal anymore. THANKS FOR GIVING ME A BIG STUPID STAND INSTEAD OF A BENDY STYLUS NINTENDO.

OxBlood Mar 26th, 2012 04:25 AM

So I take it, Kid Icarus HAS to be played with the stylus? No alternate Button-Controls?

zerothree Mar 26th, 2012 11:13 AM

I've been playing Kid Icarus with the face buttons to move and the circle pad for targeting. It's working pretty well for me so far, but I still don't have it just right yet. It's like playing FPSs on Dreamcast all over again... sort of.

Anyhoozle, other than the control learning curve, I'm really digging the game. I was really surprised that the dialogue in the game is actually funny, in a really corny way. Also, it's very pretty, especially during the flight sections.

Phoenix Gamma Mar 26th, 2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 756585)
So I take it, Kid Icarus HAS to be played with the stylus? No alternate Button-Controls?

You can map the face buttons and the circlepad for aiming and moving, but I wouldn't want to use either input for either function. I tried it and it's a pain to get the accuracy that the game demands. I beat about 90% of the game on lv 5 difficulty (2 is the default but it's a little too easy) and I can't imagine beating some of the later stages using the stick or buttons to aim.

If you kept an old DS Phat thumbstrap lying around, you're in the clear.

It's a must play for 3DS owners though, just for the story. It's as funny, probably moreso, than any of the Mario RPGs, and since Kid Icarus really doesn't have an established universe or story, Sakurai basically does what he did in the old Kirby games and fucks with everything and makes up whole new characters and changes all of their alliances around just for laughs before throwing in some kind of "holy shit" level.

OxBlood Mar 27th, 2012 03:45 AM

Hm, I don´t know, I think I would´ve prefered a more oldschool approach to the game, I actually liked the old Kid Icarus a lot...

Guitar Woman Apr 3rd, 2012 11:33 AM

I bought the Goldeneye remake and Bushido Blade!

Goldeneye's default controls are crap. It took me like 3 hours of fiddling and gameplay fuckups to get them right, and ironsight aiming is still fucking bad. It's nice that they put in auto-targeting, but everyone in multiplayer seems to just fire from the hip. The multiplayer is all right, I guess; I never actually played Goldeneye 64 with anyone else so IDK how it stacks up fun-wise. It feels kind of like a less shitty Modern Warfare.

Bushido Blade is completely fucking amazing and I love it a whole lot.

Mad Melvin Apr 3rd, 2012 04:16 PM

Silent Hill: Downpour

I'm pretty early in the game, but I like it so far. It's like a mix between SH3, Homecoming and Shattered Memories. It's been getting some below average ratings, but I don't see why. Seems like a pretty solid entry to the series and way better than Homecoming. But, as I said, i'm still pretty much at the beginning so maybe there's some faggy shit coming up.

Also got the Silent Hill HD Collection (XBOX360). Tried the second one, 'cause i've heard that there's a problem with the fog, a certain rape scene is missing and there are some weird bugs, but fortunately the problems seem to be on the PS3 version. This one is identical to the original, but with a better resolution. Also, the optional new voice acting is way better than the original one.

Esuohlim Apr 3rd, 2012 04:19 PM

I've been playing a LOT of the original Doom lately. So much that I've been having dreams about it. It's so fucking fun.

Fathom Zero Apr 3rd, 2012 04:38 PM

I've never played through the Quake games before. Should I, guyz?

Mad Melvin Apr 3rd, 2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 757042)
I've never played through the Quake games before. Should I, guyz?

No. They are really boring. Play something better. Like Shadow Warrior or something.

Fathom Zero Apr 3rd, 2012 05:44 PM

RISE OF THE TRIAD

Esuohlim Apr 3rd, 2012 06:29 PM

DUKE NUKE THEM

Zomboid Apr 3rd, 2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Melvin (Post 757040)
Silent Hill: Downpour

I'm pretty early in the game, but I like it so far. It's like a mix between SH3, Homecoming and Shattered Memories. It's been getting some below average ratings, but I don't see why. Seems like a pretty solid entry to the series and way better than Homecoming. But, as I said, i'm still pretty much at the beginning so maybe there's some faggy shit coming up.

Also got the Silent Hill HD Collection (XBOX360). Tried the second one, 'cause i've heard that there's a problem with the fog, a certain rape scene is missing and there are some weird bugs, but fortunately the problems seem to be on the PS3 version. This one is identical to the original, but with a better resolution. Also, the optional new voice acting is way better than the original one.

I just heard about the HD collection a few days ago, and I think I might have to get it. Both Silent Hill 2 and 3 are incredible.

zerothree Apr 4th, 2012 03:08 AM

I picked up Silent Hill HD Collection the day it came out for PS3. I'm slightly bummed out over the bugs and such, but still it's great playing those two games again. I've been able to pick up on some little details here and there in the background (like writings and such) that wasn't easily seen on PS2.

I found myself being less creep-ed out in SH2 in the prison with the "Ritual" monster. Back when the game first came out and I got to that point it really made me freak the fuck out. Now it's just really cool.

Also, SH3 is WAY more out there than I remember. I get this constant sense of dread playing it, plus fuck that game's version of the hospital. Fuck that room with the mirror, and fuck the hallway with the maternity ward.

Anyhoozle, I picked up Yakuza 4 the other day and now I hate myself for waiting so long to try the series out. It's probably the closest I'll ever get to another Shenmue, Streets of Rage, and a GTA game I actually enjoy all rolled into one.

OxBlood Apr 5th, 2012 03:57 AM

For some reason, I never got into the Silent Hill Games. I respect them for what they are, but I don´t like them. I never finished SH2 back in the day so I revisited it last year and I was bored out of my mind. Now mind you, I am VERY susceptible to these things normally, but there was just so much in 2 that dragged on and on...mainly the appartment-complex. I must´ve spend hours in that thing just wandering around with nothing happening...

Fatal Frame on the other hand, THAT´S a series that gets to me, I still can´t play part 3 cause I´m kinda afraid of it.

Played the Mass Effect 3 MP yesterday...that thing is fucking hard, and it apparently scales to the number of players. It´s really been a while since I had to pay so much attention when playing a game, it was really tense and kinda fun too. But I HATE the Boosterpack-System they use. Want a new weapon? Buy random packs over and over again until you get what you want. Don´t want that? Spend real money on better boosters...I´m not 13 and this is not fucking Magic the Gathering, so cut it out, EA!

Mad Melvin Apr 5th, 2012 08:27 AM

Granted, the apartment complex is the most boring part of pretty much any SH game, but the rest of the game totally makes up for it. It's one of the best games I have played story and atmosphere-wise.

Back to Downpour. I played for a couple of hours yesterday and it just keeps getting better. I really like the scenery, and there was a very beautiful mountain view which reminded me of Alan Wake. The only bad thing so far are close combat weapons. Jesus christ. They fall apart after a few swings and that is not good in a combat situation. You'll have to use your fists, which makes you unable to block and you can do very little damage. Fortunately, there hasn't been that much fighting.

Guitar Woman Apr 5th, 2012 11:57 AM

Silent Hill 2's all right, but it's sure as fuck not scary. All the monsters move at about 1/4th the speed James does and die if you spit on them, so, where the fuck's the actual threat? It's all ambiance and no payoff. Pyramid Head's freaky, I guess, but he literally only shows up in gameplay about 4 times. I was expecting more like a rapist Scissorman who'd follow me through doors and shit, which is how everyone described him to me. I was a bit disappointed.

Anyway, if you're having trouble getting into the series, start with SH1. It's easily the best and scariest Silent Hill if you don't mind the dated graphics and slightly goofy/completely disinterested voice acting. I just bought a hard copy, in fact; even though I know what's in the hospital it still makes me shit my pants every time.

Here's a jury-rigged PC port. You should play it!
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/3573553

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 5th, 2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OxBlood (Post 757096)
Want a new weapon? Buy random packs over and over again until you get what you want. Donīt want that? Spend real money on better boosters...Iīm not 13 and this is not fucking Magic the Gathering, so cut it out, EA!

:lol Thats exactly what I was thinking reading the first part of the paragraph was that it sounds like magic.

OxBlood Apr 6th, 2012 08:20 AM

Though with Magic, you could at least make some use of all cards or at least trade them in. Here, we´re stuck with shit basically...so it´s more like Yu Gi Oh :D

10,000 Volt Ghost Apr 10th, 2012 03:05 PM

Got Tom Clancy's Las Vegas 2 for $8 the other day with a few friends.

I know its an older game now but I just can't get used to it. I'm not a fan of having an against the wall button. Mostly played the terrorist hunt mode so far.

Fathom Zero Apr 10th, 2012 04:18 PM

Gonna buy Legend of Grimrock tomorrow. My birthday gift to myself.

Guitar Woman Apr 10th, 2012 06:01 PM

MGS1 has not aged well. I can't remember the last time I played a stealth game where every enemy instantly knows exactly where you are when one of them spots you. Normal guards are like 5 times deadlier than any of the boss fights in this game.

Dr. Boogie Apr 11th, 2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 757286)
MGS1 has not aged well. I can't remember the last time I played a stealth game where every enemy instantly knows exactly where you are when one of them spots you.

Every game since then that's tried to mix things up by having a single stealth mission in a game that otherwise encourages you to do the opposite.

Just crawl underneath/into something. That's how I ditched them most of the time.

Zomboid Apr 11th, 2012 12:47 AM

Chrono Trigger. Almost done.

darkvare Apr 11th, 2012 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitar Woman (Post 757286)
MGS1 has not aged well. I can't remember the last time I played a stealth game where every enemy instantly knows exactly where you are when one of them spots you. Normal guards are like 5 times deadlier than any of the boss fights in this game.

i just shoot or break everyones neck

kahljorn Apr 11th, 2012 02:28 AM

well you should try shooting them in the head its far more effective

darkvare Apr 11th, 2012 02:31 PM

but if i shoot them in the head they die painlessly

kahljorn Apr 11th, 2012 03:05 PM

thats just sick

Guitar Woman Apr 11th, 2012 05:55 PM

You can't actually get headshots in the Playstation version, since Snake can't fire his gun in first-person mode. I find I'm also really missing the diving roll, since knocking guards over with it before they radio for help is one of the better simple pleasures of the series. As a much bigger "fuck you," my PS2 is currently bricked and I don't have a Dual Shock 1; it turns out that when you're using a DS2 on an original Playstation, it doesn't register the analog stick properly, so I can't walk. At all. It's pretty fucking hard.

On the other hand, I think the voice-acting is a lot better than in Twin Snakes, and the lack of fucking retarded wire-fu backflips in every single cutscene makes it seem more serious and dramatic, even if that's ruined a bit by the fact that nobody has a face. Twin Snakes did have a better soundtrack, though; I hate how this just uses the standard "Alert Mode" music for like, every boss fight, where I could be listening to shit like this.

Also that Goldeneye remake is kind of garbage. There's the whole "barely-there story with really bad pacing shitty simplistic stealth and Wii controls are fucking retarded" thing, but worst of all, you can't look up. What the fuck is that? You automatically look up when you're climbing stairs or something, but you absolutely cannot do it at any other time, except for when you're ADSing with a sniper rifle. I know it's a remake of an N64 game but you're not supposed to keep the parts that sucked! That's like how Resident Evil on the Gamecube kept Chris's stupid 6-slot inventory despite the fact that he clearly has more pockets than Jill! Asdf!

Phoenix Gamma Apr 12th, 2012 12:05 AM

The Goldeneye remake pissed me off at the club level where everyone on the dancefloor was a silhouette even when you walked up to them. The fucking PS2 could do better than that, but the devs were just too lazy porting their CoD game and calling it a day.

I'm about to fire up Skullgirls as soon as it downloads off PSN. It's my birthday and all I'm going to do is draw a few pages for my comic and play Skullgirls. :rock

darkvare Apr 12th, 2012 12:52 AM

i played the skullgirls demo but didn't liked it i dunno why and 8 characters is too little for me to buy

Phoenix Gamma Apr 12th, 2012 02:34 AM

It's technically unfinished. There are a lot of characters that aren't done yet. But considering it's only $15, and it runs off of GGPO, it's pretty good. Plus the tutorial is excellent for people who haven't popped their fighting cherry.

Fathom Zero Apr 12th, 2012 02:51 AM

LEGEND OF GRIMROCK

IT'S GRIM

AND A ROCK

zerothree Apr 13th, 2012 12:54 AM

That Grimrock game looks pretty rad. The combat system looks like it'd be fun to play with.

darkvare Apr 13th, 2012 01:10 AM

stupid steam won't run left 4 dead 2 me sad and angry

OxBlood Apr 13th, 2012 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zerothree (Post 757440)
That Grimrock game looks pretty rad. The combat system looks like it'd be fun to play with.

It is. Itīs very retro but in a very good way. Itīs also way easier than...letīs say Eye of the beholder since you can regenerate Health and Mana quite easily and your party doesnīt die that easily.

Nice little detail: You can craft Potions by combining a flask and a plant via mortar and pestle and if a character drinks it, the flask is not destroyed because...well, thatīs how it is in real life too and it adds a nice ressource management-element.

I just find the magic system kinda lacking, it appears too limited for my tastes, Iīd like to be able to experiment with different effect rather than just having 3, 4 predefined spells per element. Thereīs also no healing magic as far as I can tell but then again, so far, healing is not an issue.

Also, major Kudos for the dungeon- and puzzle-design, itīs really a lot of fun to figure some of these things out...though Iīm stuck on level 4 right now...no idea what to do :D

Fathom Zero Apr 13th, 2012 02:19 AM

IT IS FUN TO PLAY WITH

AND HARD

IT'S A GRIMROCK

IT ROCKS SO HEAVY, ONLY THE DEVIL CAN LIFT IT

OxBlood Apr 13th, 2012 03:53 AM

Hm, I can lift it and I only carry the Devil in my last name, can´t be THAT heavy ;)