I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Television Shows (NEW ARCHER IN TWO :EEKS) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700634)

WhiteRat Jul 16th, 2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krythor (Post 732279)
Whaaaaaaaat. It gets way better around about episode five of season one. Season two was slightly ruined by Jesse's girlfriend but season three was almost Wire-level great and I am REALLY excited about season four. If you enjoyed the first three episodes of season one, when pretty much nothing happened, then there's no reason not to watch the rest.

Well since I recently finished all 6 seasons of How I Met Your Mother and need something new to watch, I'll give it another shot, for you my dear Krythor.

k0k0 Jul 18th, 2011 04:08 AM

Good shit from breaking bad as usual. Could have used less Skylar, but I guess they gotta show that Walt is being watched by 2 bosses now.

WhiteRat Jul 18th, 2011 05:50 PM

Thanks a lot way to ruin the show for me! I'm never watching Breaking Bad ever again.

Krythor Jul 18th, 2011 06:49 PM

:(

Zomboid Jul 18th, 2011 08:03 PM

The Walking Dead kinda sucked, guys. Hopefully season 2 is better.

Watched Breaking Bad and Curb your Enthusiasm. Both great.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 18th, 2011 08:15 PM

I've watched a few episodes of curb your enthusiasm but I can't take more than 5 mins of larry david complaining about something.

Dimnos Jul 18th, 2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zomboid (Post 732514)
The Walking Dead kinda sucked, guys. Hopefully season 2 is better.

I thought it was good... Then I started reading the comics. Now its not so great. :\

executioneer Jul 18th, 2011 08:43 PM

uggh i hate curb your enthusiasm

but i kind of hate seinfeld too so that's probably related

WhiteRat Jul 18th, 2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by executioneer (Post 732521)
uggh i hate curb your enthusiasm

but i kind of hate seinfeld too so that's probably related

Willie you are now on my short list of PEOPLE I NEED TO KILL.

I know it's only two episodes in but i'm pretty disappointing with this seasons Curb. Personally I though they should of focused more on Larry's divorce if they weren't going to send him to New York right away. This last episode didn't seem to have a point or even do anything to further/start the season's story line which I'm assuming will focus on him in New York.

k0k0 Jul 18th, 2011 09:13 PM

I actually never sat down to watch curb, but I hear the dude on it teaches a girlscout how to use a tampon and describes it like a little penis. I may have to check it out.

WhiteRat Jul 18th, 2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 732524)
I actually never sat down to watch curb, but I hear the dude on it teaches a girlscout how to use a tampon and describes it like a little penis. I may have to check it out.

Sans the little penis part.

k0k0 Jul 18th, 2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 732526)
Sans the little penis part.

Oh well, I'll still eventually check it out. Is season 1 an ok spot to start on? I don't want to watch the whole season, it be shitty, and have someone say it doesn't get good until ________ .

Kitsa Jul 19th, 2011 12:51 AM

The only one I really liked was the one where his rabbi asked if he could bring a "survivor" to dinner. He assumed, since it was a rabbi, that he was talking about a Holocaust survivor, so he invited another Holocaust survivor. Then the "survivor" turned out to be some douche who was on Survivor and wouldn't shut up about how much he suffered on the show, and he and the real concentration camp survivor got in a fight. That was a good one.

Also the one where he got Christian Slater blackballed from all the hollywood parties for hoggng caviar at a buffet. Actually, that might have been the same episode.

WhiteRat Jul 19th, 2011 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 732527)
Oh well, I'll still eventually check it out. Is season 1 an ok spot to start on? I don't want to watch the whole season, it be shitty, and have someone say it doesn't get good until ________ .

You're not missing anything if you don't watch season 1. There isn't a a recurring story line or anything; it's just a bunch of random stuff that happens that to be honest, isn't even that funny. Start off on season 2.

Zomboid Jul 19th, 2011 01:14 AM

I actually really, really liked the second episode of this season. Some of it was pretty obvious, but Larry's comments in the battered women's home were fucking gold, Jerry, gold!

executioneer Jul 19th, 2011 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteRat (Post 732522)
Willie you are now on my short list of PEOPLE I NEED TO KILL.

sorry man i just can't stand any of the people on that show or their sense of humor

i apologize for not jizzing all over the soup nazi or their hilarious who can go longest without masturbating storyline

Esuohlim Jul 19th, 2011 02:24 AM

the jerk store called and they're running out of you, willie

Fathom Zero Jul 20th, 2011 09:13 PM

Fathom Zero Jul 23rd, 2011 08:58 PM

OH GOD WHAT

executioneer Jul 23rd, 2011 09:29 PM

still pretty rad

10,000 Volt Ghost Jul 23rd, 2011 10:57 PM

Bout to lump that in with Mall Madness and the WNBA.

MarioRPG Jul 24th, 2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 732547)
Also the one where he got Christian Slater blackballed from all the hollywood parties for hoggng caviar at a buffet. Actually, that might have been the same episode.

For some reason this episode is always on. Like, I've caught it on at least 4 different occasions.

King Hadas Jul 24th, 2011 06:06 PM

The Ricky Gervais

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. The shows structure is pretty ingenious. It's called the Gervais show but every merit of it revolves around Pilkington. Pilkington by himself wouldn't work though, he needs Gervais and Stephen to play the hostile straight man. One thing I don't like is Stephen and Gervais' intellectual pretensions, it makes them seem embarrassingly smug though this may be the cartoonist's fault.

k0k0 Jul 24th, 2011 06:54 PM

I listened to the Ricky Gervais podcasts a few years before watching the show, and I find the show more enjoyable with the animations. I hear that since they're running out of material for the show from the original podcasts, they're going to start recording new stuff soon.

It's lead me to watch even more shows with karl pilkington in it and I'd suggest checking out "An Idiot Abroad" in which Karl is pretty much forced to travel to places, which he hates and has an awful time, but it's just too funny how unhappy he is doing things normal people would dream of doing.

Guitar Woman Jul 24th, 2011 07:35 PM

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/07/24/doct...es-6b-trailer/

Not that any of you give a shit.

My body is entirely ready for more Weeping Angels.