I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Television Shows (NEW ARCHER IN TWO :EEKS) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700634)

Vyvyan Basterd Sep 8th, 2011 11:44 PM

Jay mohr has a new show called master debaters. Where is hitler when you need him?

Dimnos Sep 9th, 2011 06:54 AM

They even made a tv series I hear.

MarioRPG Sep 9th, 2011 03:29 PM

So this season of True Blood ends on Sunday. Although it had perhaps the most shitty opening episodes ever, it managed to become much stronger and enjoyable. Finale is looking to be a great one.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 9th, 2011 03:36 PM

I hope so, I hate me some Marnie. Especially Marnie's lackey.

k0k0 Sep 9th, 2011 03:44 PM

I think I watch True Blood just to hate it. I mean, I enjoy watching it but personally I hate it. Their approach to storytelling is to give you an explosive start, boring middle, then a cliffhanger which leads to the next explosive start. The side stories seem tacked on and the whole show just layers on the cheeseyness of it all. That said, I watch it faithfully because my brain is somehow damaged in a way that I like to hate it.

Tadao Sep 9th, 2011 04:57 PM

Yesterdays Futurama was the worse one they have ever made.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 9th, 2011 05:23 PM

Sam's brother was an interesting character. He tried to help Sam a lot but ended up hurting him a lot instead. Because he was stupid.

k0k0 Sep 9th, 2011 06:32 PM

Yeah, they really killed him off when he started to get interesting with skin walking. It seems any time a character starts to get really interesting, they do something to change that.

MarioRPG Sep 10th, 2011 03:34 PM

Yeah that's the weird thing about Tommy, up until that episode I was like "god damnit this guy is annoying just kill him or something".
And then I was like, oh he's gone now. :(

k0k0 Sep 10th, 2011 03:56 PM

Since I'm sick and in bed a lot the past few weeks, I decided to start watching Arrested Development all the way through again (I'm sure I've done this over 15 times). I've gone through the first season and half of the second. I still see and hear new things whenever I watch these episodes, they're just all layered. There's jokes you don't even laugh at unless you've seen later episodes way after the current one you're on. I know it's said so much, but fuck you America, for not watching this show when it was on. I know I did my part. Of course that was back when I actually watched television rather than download it.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 10th, 2011 04:57 PM

I still need to watch season two of arrested developement.

k0k0 Sep 10th, 2011 05:48 PM

Well you're in luck. Season 2 is free on Hulu for now. Until they switch the free thing to season 3.

Fathom Zero Sep 10th, 2011 09:51 PM

All of it is on Netflix.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 11th, 2011 12:42 AM

I just don't have enough time anymore.

Kitsa Sep 11th, 2011 03:23 PM

I "won" two tickets to a theater screening of the new season of Dexter. Then when I went to print the pass, they pulled the old switcheroo and it was suddenly a screening of some new Showtime series with a "sneak peek" of Dexter.

I would have had to drive through downtown Cincinnati, which sucks under the best of circumstances, and if it had been a full preview episode of Dexter it would ALMOST have been worthwhile. I was pissed at the bait and switch, though, so I tried to give my tickets away. No takers :(

k0k0 Sep 11th, 2011 03:34 PM

By screening of the new season, you made it seem like you were going to be sitting in a theater for 14 hours watching the whole next season. So it was only like a 15 minute preview or something? That's pretty shitty. I don't think I'd go to the theater to watch 2 hours of dexter, of course I'm not a huge fan. There's only so many times ghost dad can pop out and talk to dex before I don't even want to watch that episode. They should just change the show to dexter and ghost dad solving crimes.

Mad Melvin Sep 11th, 2011 06:17 PM

Started watching The Mighty Boosh. It's hilarious and one of those shows I really should have seen years ago. Very original stuff. Closest comparison I can think of is Spaced, but the jokes are a bit different. It's one of those comedies, where the jokes sound really dumb on paper, but when you actually see it happen, it's laugh out loud funny. Recommended for everyone with a sense of humor.

Kitsa Sep 11th, 2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0k0 (Post 741492)
By screening of the new season, you made it seem like you were going to be sitting in a theater for 14 hours watching the whole next season. So it was only like a 15 minute preview or something? That's pretty shitty. I don't think I'd go to the theater to watch 2 hours of dexter, of course I'm not a huge fan. There's only so many times ghost dad can pop out and talk to dex before I don't even want to watch that episode. They should just change the show to dexter and ghost dad solving crimes.

Some seasons of Dexter I didn't like at all, but on the whole I really enjoy the show. When I signed up for the screening, I thought that I was sort of applying to be in sort of a focus-group kind of thing, and that maybe we would watch the first episode of the new season and maybe answer a questionnaire or something. But no, turns out they were just using the more popular show to draw people in for a shitty show.

If it had been the season premiere of Dexter, I probably would have gone. But if I want to watch a five minute commercial about the upcoming season, I can do that anywhere.

They also had in fine print on the tickets that they had overbooked at each location to "ensure a full house" and that no one was actually guaranteed a seat. So, you know, fuck them.

MarioRPG Sep 11th, 2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsa (Post 741517)
Some seasons of Dexter I didn't like at all, but on the whole I really enjoy the show.

Ie, 2, 5, I assume
Quote:

They also had in fine print on the tickets that they had overbooked at each location to "ensure a full house" and that no one was actually guaranteed a seat. So, you know, fuck them.
That is the most bullshit thing I have ever heard. What the flying fuck. Aside from that I'm ready for this season of Dexter, I haven't seen any previews or anything but I'm sure hoping that there will be more development than in the last season.

Kitsa Sep 11th, 2011 11:14 PM

Couldn't stand season 2. Lithgow was creepy as all hell but parts of 5 were just really uncomfortable to watch.

The tickets said that if we really wanted the seat to arrive early, as each theater was overbooked "to ensure a full house" and that seats were not guaranteed. That's just about verbatim.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 11th, 2011 11:26 PM

The finale of true blood was bettet than most of the season. Next season looks badass.

Also can't wait for new dexter with mos def.

k0k0 Sep 12th, 2011 02:05 AM

He wants everyone to call him Yasiin now. I hate people like that. You get called what you get called. That's like when I was 11 and wanted everyone to call me chains. I started wearing a big chain around my neck to enforce it. Seems like you get the nickname people give you unless you're some uppity rapper or whatever he is.

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 12th, 2011 11:10 AM

I guess thats like when a band wants to play new music they come up with a new band name.

I want a mos def reunion tour though :(

Kitsa Sep 12th, 2011 12:26 PM

Like that guy on Oz whose name was Kenny and he wanted everyone to call him Bricks, lolz

k0k0 Sep 12th, 2011 12:36 PM

True Blood wasn't bad. Wasn't good either.

Spoilers!