I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Television Shows (NEW ARCHER IN TWO :EEKS) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700634)

Kitsa Oct 29th, 2012 07:17 PM

I had a dream involving Black Books so I decided to watch the entire, what, 3-something seasons again. I'm in the middle of Series 2.

It's not Father Ted, but it's about as close as we'll ever get without Dermot Morgan. As the episodes progress, they begin to get a real Father Ted feel to them.

Always have and always will hate the title sequence, though.

Zomboid Oct 30th, 2012 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Melvin (Post 763431)
Watched the first two seasons of Boardwalk Empire in three days. They were more awesome than I remembered. Really loving season 3 so far, as well. This is shaping up to be almost as good as The Sopranos. Hope they don't mess it up.

Yeah, I'm really digging this season so far. My only complaint is that I want more Van Alden.

kahljorn Nov 10th, 2012 03:51 AM

ive been watching this UK show called Wire in the Blood

its acrime show bout this psychology dude who works with police to catch killers

its super good so far and maybe as good as The Wire.

Mike Tobacco Nov 23rd, 2012 10:31 PM

Happy 49th to the Doctor. I'm relatively new to the Doctor Who phenomenon, but my inner geek is already looking forward to the The Eleven Doctors special that will undoubtedly accompany the 50th anniversary.

Guitar Woman Dec 15th, 2012 07:11 AM

Show got shit in Series 6, probably because it started being more about the Doctor and his companions as characters than it is about their adventures in horrorspace. Steven Moffat specifically said that was the point of the show once, but I guess he forgot when he took it over.

That one with the planet full of insane Daleks was almost good but I was literally punching myself in the face throughout all the Rory/Amy melodrama bullshit.

Then again the show's problem since the 60's has been that only about a third of the episodes/serials are actually good. Last one I really loved was Gangers.

Dimnos Dec 15th, 2012 04:50 PM

It was all down hill after this. :rolleyes

Guitar Woman Dec 16th, 2012 02:22 PM

Fuck right off, Sylvester McCoy kicked ass

10,000 Volt Ghost Dec 18th, 2012 10:44 AM

Amish mafia is fucking ridiculous.

Tadao Jan 4th, 2013 03:02 PM

Killer Karaoke is pretty funny but then it gets annoying with the repetitive playbacks, promos, and Steve O lame dragged out dance before each winner announcement. Oh and the fucking repetitive courses are already bugging the shit out of me and I've only watched 4 episodes. Other than the 4 major draw backs in each episode, well I guess it sucks. :(

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 6th, 2013 06:10 PM

Is it bugging you because they use bugs.

Mad Melvin Jan 6th, 2013 06:17 PM

I bought a huge boxset, which contains every season + movies of The X-Files. Still works. Watched the first two seasons, and there were maybe 3 terrible episodes. The rest of them ranged from entertaining to excellent. If I remember correctly, the show started going downhill after season six, but i'm still glad I bought this. Especially since it was ridiculously cheap.

Tadao Jan 6th, 2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost (Post 764977)
Is it bugging you because they use bugs.

More bugs would be a great change up.

Kitsa Jan 8th, 2013 10:07 AM

I used to only have patience for the Fourth Doctor, which I figured was because he's the one I grew up with. In my later years, I've come to appreciate David Tennant a little more, particularly during the Catherine Tate episodes, since I'm a fan of Catherine Tate.

10,000 Volt Ghost Jan 8th, 2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tadao (Post 764981)
More bugs would be a great change up.

I've been watching 20 most shocking again which they could have also just called people getting hurt. Arguably less karaoke involved.

This guy stands in front of a pile of cardboard boxes. His friends tape like a mattress and pillows to the front of an econoline and just gun it at him going 20mph into the boxes.

Fathom Zero Jan 8th, 2013 04:02 PM

hahahaha

Tadao Jan 9th, 2013 02:25 PM

lol sounds like the Darwin awards

Zomboid Jan 10th, 2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Melvin (Post 764979)
I bought a huge boxset, which contains every season + movies of The X-Files. Still works. Watched the first two seasons, and there were maybe 3 terrible episodes. The rest of them ranged from entertaining to excellent. If I remember correctly, the show started going downhill after season six, but i'm still glad I bought this. Especially since it was ridiculously cheap.

Yeah, a few years ago, I started collecting the DVD sets after not having seen the show in years, and it was remarkable how great it still was. I stopped collecting after the fourth or fifth season, though. I can't remember why, but I guess I should've held off a bit longer. Only caveat with that show is that you pretty much need to start at the beginning instead of where you left off if you go over a year or two between viewings.

Tadao Jan 10th, 2013 06:53 PM

Joe Schmo show is entertaining in that I can see some of the idiots here falling for it.

10,000 Volt Ghost Mar 17th, 2013 01:30 PM

Watched "the gang goes jihad" episode last night trying to get sophia to go to sleep. After they make the terrorist tape she puts her blankie on her head, wraps it around her face then starts muttering around the living room.

Tadao Apr 8th, 2013 12:31 PM

Anyone hopefull that Scifi's Defiance is going to be awesome? I want it to be but I've been burned too many times by them.

Tadao Apr 19th, 2013 03:02 PM

I dont think Defiance is going to be any good.

Ive had the show Cult dvred and started watching it yesterday. Its pretty good, to bad they canceled it after 8 episodes even though the made 13 :lol

Tadao Apr 19th, 2013 04:51 PM

Good thing I also DVRed The Following

10,000 Volt Ghost May 4th, 2013 04:31 AM

http://teamcoco.com/video/51587/cona...s-for-05-02-13

Tadao at 1:00 into. I was son of a bitching last night. Its time to get on this.

Tadao May 4th, 2013 05:05 AM

HAH!

Dimnos May 5th, 2013 07:17 AM

Decided to watch season 7 of Dexter. Loving Ray Stevenson; best bad guy since Lithgow. However, I really dont understand why, in all this back and forth with his sister, he never mentions how at the end of season 5 she basically said she admired his work and let him go. Am I remembering that wrong?