I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Old educational Filmstrips (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4227)

Jeanette X Jun 26th, 2003 02:38 PM

Old educational Filmstrips

Has anyone seen a site with old educational filmstrips? You know, the kind where it beeps and then you turn the projector? I'm curious about them.

Mockery Jun 26th, 2003 03:06 PM

No, but if you find one with stuff like that stuff or with old videos of stuff like "what to do in case of an earthquake" from the 1950's, lemme know. It'd be great to do a big piece on those. :)

mew barios Jun 26th, 2003 10:54 PM

i know i saw an old dealy about ducking and covering to defend against atomic assault. it had a lil animated turtle guy, an a buncha doofusii hiding under blankets between shots of air raid sirens an stuff. :o i'll look.

HickMan Jun 28th, 2003 04:33 PM

I used to see them all the time in class, but I can't find em online.
I saw one about WWI. It was made in the late 40's I belive. Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for em. :)

choptop Jun 28th, 2003 11:07 PM

you mean like the homosexuality disease ones? You know like the creepy announcer guy says" but what mke does not know, is that his friend gary is infected with a disease, HOMOSEXUALITY. BUM BUM BUM!!!!!"

HickMan Jun 29th, 2003 08:28 PM

I remember there was one on for the real act for pee wee. It had to do with being couteous. But it was just plain funny because they had different commentary. Now RoG needs to make a minimock about that. >: I'll keep my eyes out for it.

pjalne Jun 30th, 2003 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mockery
No, but if you find one with stuff like that stuff or with old videos of stuff like "what to do in case of an earthquake" from the 1950's, lemme know. It'd be great to do a big piece on those. :)

I'm preparing one on that as we speak. :chatter The minimock I did (and promised I'd turn in a week ago) didn't turn out the way I wanted and I can't find enough pics for it, so I've fucked myself over again and fucked you over in the process.

I've got a shitload of those reels, so I can do one myself, or I could tell you where to get them and you can do one. Hmmm... this should have been a private message, shouldn't it?

Duck and coveeeeerrrrr!

EDIT: Mew and Choptop: I've got those two, and they're both hysterical. Timmy the turtle is the rock.

Mockery Jun 30th, 2003 09:38 AM

Haha yeah I guess you might as well do a minimock on those old reels you have since the other piece is now kaput. :tear Either way, let me know where I can get the reels too just so I can see 'em.

So when will you have this new minimock ready anyway? (dare I ask ;))

-RoG-

pjalne Jun 30th, 2003 10:48 AM

This is definitely moving into PM territory.

Mockery Jun 30th, 2003 12:27 PM

PM territory are you kidding me? Why do you have something to hide? HUH HUH?

Now continuing with our conversation that is fit for the public eye... what is the exact diameter of your left testicle?

pissed off salesman Jun 30th, 2003 12:47 PM

this is gonna' wrap up neater than martha stewarts underwear drawer. With a random exploding of a filling station

Zbu Manowar Jun 30th, 2003 04:57 PM

If you want some filmstrips you can either get any DVD put out by Something Weird or check out any issue of Outre/Filmfax which has about a three-four page ad on several tapes they sell that have about five filmstrips each, all ranging from driver scare films to drug films to teaching how an uber-white family should live.

Something Weird's own website

Filmfax & Outre

Paul138 Jun 30th, 2003 07:01 PM

I love old educational films on a-bombs. They teach you to duck under a desk just so you can be a ducking skeleton. :lol

I love 1950's paranoia. :chatter :chatter :chatter

pjalne Jul 1st, 2003 04:07 AM

Quote:

PM territory are you kidding me? Why do you have something to hide? HUH HUH?

Now continuing with our conversation that is fit for the public eye... what is the exact diameter of your left testicle?

They're very much eggshaped, so the diameter will vary, won't it? Be specific >:

Mockery Jul 1st, 2003 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjalne
They're very much eggshaped, so the diameter will vary, won't it? Be specific >:

:rolleyes

Obviously I'm referring to the times when you're letting them soak in habaƱero sauce to give 'em a little extra kick. Quit your stalling and out with the truth! >:

pjalne Jul 1st, 2003 10:16 AM

Here in Scandinavia we have no such Mexican luxuries. All we have is whale oil.

Mockery Jul 1st, 2003 11:00 AM

Again he stalls. >:

We all know you import the sauce. Now on with the details.

pjalne Jul 1st, 2003 11:29 AM

This is a perfect display of your ignorance, Rog. Everyone knows that the Gulf Stream that runs from Mexico to Scandinavia sinks all ships trying to transport merchandice from South America to Norway. All the broken bottles of this habaƱero sauce is in fact what keeps areas like Lofoten and Spitsbergen from freezing over in winter.

Mockery Jul 1st, 2003 11:38 AM

http://www.chillisgalore.co.uk/seedcat/seeds.html

"We have successfully swapped seeds across Europe, S.Africa to Scandinavia"

Your lies will get you nowhere.

pjalne Jul 1st, 2003 11:43 AM

I'll get back to you on that. I'm done at work right now, and I have better things to do than argue with losers at a forum. Sayonara.

Mockery Jul 1st, 2003 01:50 PM

Hahaha

As the Kap'n would say

"I win"

:(

Paul138 Jul 1st, 2003 02:43 PM

Quote:

Hahaha

As the Kap'n would say

"I win"

:(

Again, as I would do:

:golfclap

Zbu Manowar Jul 8th, 2003 12:03 AM

Here's a good website with not much of a good selection but quite a few I'm sure you can get some mileage out of:

Archive.org

Prelinger Archives has what you need.

Zbu Manowar Jul 12th, 2003 08:00 PM

Good minimock on Perversion for Profit. :)

The Retro Kat Jul 13th, 2003 12:29 AM

I like the old drivers education film strips, they never cease to make me laugh.