I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philosophy, Politics, and News (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Sarah Palin Asks New Yorkers to 'Refute' Mosque Construction Near Ground Zero (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69704881)

TheCoolinator Jul 19th, 2010 08:49 PM

Sarah Palin Asks New Yorkers to 'Refute' Mosque Construction Near Ground Zero

Quote:

Sarah Palin Asks New Yorkers to 'Refute' Mosque Construction Near Ground Zero

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/39441/

I know we're not always on the same page but I hope we can all come together on this and agree that this woman is a complete and utter imbecile.

Colonel Flagg Jul 19th, 2010 09:52 PM

I wish I could refudiate the utter ineptification that she representates.

kahljorn Jul 19th, 2010 11:06 PM

Sarah Palin was the only one who suspected that we would have a problem with the russians.

Evil Robot Jul 20th, 2010 12:42 AM

That stupid bitch, now we have to have the mosque whether we want it or not just to spite her.

Evil Robot Jul 20th, 2010 12:44 AM

Sarah Palin thinks Spain is a city in Mexico.

Evil Robot Jul 20th, 2010 12:47 AM

Sarah Palin blamed hurricane Katrina on the weather channel.

Evil Robot Jul 20th, 2010 12:48 AM

Sarah Palin thinks a museum is a place where people keep thier dead.

Evil Robot Jul 20th, 2010 12:51 AM

Sarah Palin is Polish.

Grislygus Jul 20th, 2010 01:39 AM

sarah palin thinks that "burqa" is a made-up word and that a kibbutz is a type of pretzel.

kahljorn Jul 20th, 2010 03:15 AM

:lol
YOU SHOULD ALL BE LUCKY SARAH PALIN DOESNT READ THIS THREAD CAUSE YOUD BE TOTALLY WEE WEE"D UP

DONt misunderESTIMAte HER

Colonel Flagg Jul 20th, 2010 11:27 AM

Sarah Palin makes Dan Quayle look like Albert Einstein.

Tadao Jul 20th, 2010 12:53 PM

OH SNAP

Sethomas Jul 20th, 2010 04:06 PM

I don't have strong feelings either way about the Cordoba Initiative putting a community center there. My impression so far has been that it's not really a mosque in any conventional sense of the word, and at any rate the characterization of the project by its detractors has been deliberately disingenuous. Is it a good idea in its own right? I can see things both ways, I guess.

In relation to the other post, I like to look at various multicultural urban centers in the medieval world as solid disproof of a lot of modern discussion's belief in an incompatibility of civilizations. Cordoba is certainly an interesting example that endured until it was shattered by the Christian King Ferdinand during the Reconquista, just as the first century of the Kingdom of Jerusalem was one that was broken by Saladin's jihad.

As for Sarah Palin, since I met Bill Ayers while living in his neighborhood I suppose she would classify me as someone who pals around with terrorists. Oops.

Dimnos Jul 20th, 2010 04:22 PM

Best idea I heard involving this alleged mosque is let them build it. Then have all the whites, blacks and mexicans hang out there super trashy style. Possibly have some pork eating. To the point that no muslim would even want to go there. :lol

Evil Robot Jul 20th, 2010 08:21 PM

The bottom line is that there is so much crazy shit in NYC that this should be a non issue. So many of the schools in that area have religious undertones and everybody there is some kind of ethnicity. This place isn't even at ground zero it's a half block away and it will probably be a restaruant in 5 years anyway.

kahljorn Jul 20th, 2010 08:48 PM

yea when i first read the stories they made it sound like it was at ground zero which i thought was a little fucked up, even if not through our own perspective but through the "terrorists" perspective. but yea its not even there ;/

Zhukov Jul 22nd, 2010 08:56 AM

Most mosques are better looking than most churches. I prefer mosques.

Even the Spanish tearing down the mosques in Cordoba and replacing them with Christian places of worship, still retained a lot of the style of the Muslim world. Muslim architecture beats Christian architecture 9 times out of 10 IMO.

Dimnos Jul 22nd, 2010 11:22 AM

Even Russian Orthodox?

Zhukov Jul 23rd, 2010 08:14 AM

Russian orthodox have a few that are really nice, but their interiors are generally pretty tacky. Not that I've ever, you know, been to one in Russia before.

The Leader Jul 23rd, 2010 10:39 AM

There are Russian Orthodox churches outside of Russia. >:

Pentegarn Jul 23rd, 2010 01:12 PM

Forget all that. Who changed Coolie's avatar? What mod did it? Cause I find it difficult to believe he is both funny and self deprecating enough to do that himself.

MLE Jul 23rd, 2010 01:14 PM

My guess is it's the only mod that ever changes avatars around here. I could be wrong.

Pentegarn Jul 23rd, 2010 02:00 PM

Who does that?

Fathom Zero Jul 23rd, 2010 02:42 PM

:lol

bestiality avatars

Colonel Flagg Jul 23rd, 2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pentegarn (Post 692982)
Forget all that. Who changed Coolie's avatar? What mod did it? Cause I find it difficult to believe he is both funny and self deprecating enough to do that himself.

THAT! WAS! AWESOME!