I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Step Brothers (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69700262)

McClain Aug 1st, 2008 08:57 AM

Step Brothers

I thought it was hilarious. I'm sure a day will come where the adult-acting-like-children shtick will wear on me, but that day hasn't come yet.

It's no Anchorman. I put it on par with Old School with less memorable lines and more stupidity. I'm a sucker for Ferrell and Reilly's timing and emphasis.

Nick Aug 1st, 2008 02:19 PM

Old School wasn't really that great, actually.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 1st, 2008 06:49 PM

Step Brothers is amazing. The plot is forgivable. I figured they went to a library and got a bunch of childrens problems books, or maybe just one. Then joke around with it for a week or two.

Boats and hoes.

Guitar Woman Aug 1st, 2008 07:24 PM

So is the new schtick in hollywood for Will Ferrel to make movies that look like buckets of dick when you see the trailers, but are secretly funny?

I remember everyone liking Talladega Nights, too. I also remember renting Anchorman and thinking that it was the worst movie I'd ever seen, so is the joke here just that Will Ferrel sucks? Because I always knew that, and it's not that funny, guys. Especially after about 7 movies based around the concept.

liquidstatik Aug 1st, 2008 07:59 PM

will ferrel is funny and anchorman was funny shit up

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 1st, 2008 08:08 PM

It's all about the Reilly.

bigtimecow Aug 4th, 2008 12:05 PM

talladega nights was fucking horrible, anchorman is hilarious, step brothers was hilarious, old school is mediocre but has it's moments, and john c. reilly is definitely the funnier actor in this movie. overall i'm not sure who's better, but at the moment it might be reilly

STEVE BRULE :rock

Nick Aug 4th, 2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 572372)
talladega nights was fucking horrible, anchorman is hilarious, step brothers was hilarious, old school is mediocre but has it's moments, and john c. reilly is definitely the funnier actor in this movie. overall i'm not sure who's better, but at the moment it might be reilly

I just noticed that he was Steve Brule. Why would he bother with a piece of shit like Awesome Show.

executioneer Aug 4th, 2008 09:36 PM

excuse me

Miss Modular Aug 5th, 2008 12:03 AM

I LOVED Walk Hard, but I'll probably wait for this one to come out on DVD.

McClain Aug 6th, 2008 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 572372)

QFT.

Edit~ Nick opens his mouth and out comes shit.

bigtimecow Aug 6th, 2008 07:14 PM

seriously, awesome show is the only thing i can watch on adult swim now. home movies is gone, aqua teen kinda lost it for me, and all this anime shit sucks

SO FUCK YOU NICK >:

Tadao Aug 6th, 2008 07:50 PM

Anime is only on Saturdays, Home Movies is on 5 times a week and Awesome Show sucks.

SO FUCK ME BTC >:

bigtimecow Aug 6th, 2008 08:02 PM

:fuckstadao

:eek

edit: wow, that was supposed to say : fuckstadao

Nick Aug 7th, 2008 07:51 PM

Tom Goes to the Mayor also sucked. Just throwing that out there.

bigtimecow Aug 7th, 2008 10:42 PM

godd*mn people, tom goes to the mayor was hilarious

the celebrity cameos were great! :love

but i can understand all this, because its a very bizarre and odd show, so i can't expect everyone to love it / get it. anyone ever watch wondershowzen? also an off the wall hilarious show that i think was on mtv2? one episode stopped halfway through and then showed the first half in reverse :D

Tadao Aug 7th, 2008 11:08 PM

Wondershowzen was funny. Tim and Eric are trying to hard to shock me. It isn't working.

liquidstatik Aug 8th, 2008 02:25 PM

wondershowzen was a good show, AND SPEAKKING OF, is AS still making episodes of Xavier? that show was lol. :o

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 8th, 2008 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimecow (Post 573090)
godd*mn people, tom goes to the mayor was hilarious

the celebrity cameos were great! :love

but i can understand all this, because its a very bizarre and odd show, so i can't expect everyone to love it / get it. anyone ever watch wondershowzen? also an off the wall hilarious show that i think was on mtv2? one episode stopped halfway through and then showed the first half in reverse :D

I loved wondershowzen but the episode "Patience" really got to me in a bad way.

McClain Aug 13th, 2008 12:57 PM

Best Wonder Showzen episode was Cooties.

Tom Goes to the Mayor was funny.

Awesome Show is probably more geared toward people who were born before 1990.

Ant10708 Aug 17th, 2008 05:02 PM

I was born before 1990 and I think Awesome Show is terrible. Step brothers was enjoyable thou :)

Sethomas Aug 18th, 2008 08:20 AM

I didn't find Talledega Nights particularly funny, but I was actually rather glad that a movie did a good job of making working class middle America laugh while most were unaware that it was at their own expense. The best part was the antagonist making statements in languid French like "I do not have time to wear my hat."

HickMan Aug 18th, 2008 12:09 PM

"JOHN BONHAM IS PLAYIN' MOBY DICK FOR REAL!"
I fell out of my seat for that one.

10,000 Volt Ghost Aug 18th, 2008 04:27 PM

Can I get some agreement with Talledega nights that one of the funniest parts is when Reilly gets scared because the house is haunted. His face is priceless.