I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming 'n Toys (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   What are you playing right now? (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69697399)

Guitar Woman Sep 28th, 2009 11:01 PM

he is playing it RIGHT NOW

kahljorn Sep 28th, 2009 11:36 PM

i like clear sky a lot more than the shadow of chernobyl :(

all the weapons and armor have upgrades, there's factions and faction wars and a lot more mutants plus blow outs. Pretty much all the stuff the mods tried to do to the first one.
but yea there's a lot of bandit killing but isn't there a lot of bandit killing in the first one? You can join the bandit faction and be hostile versus everyone else :O

Guitar Woman Sep 28th, 2009 11:48 PM

Ok, that sounds pretty sweet

I heard there was less crawling around in haunted bunkers and stuff, which is one of the best parts of the original game, but I can live without it if the rest of it is good.

"Hey, son, you like atmosphere? Not anymore, you don't."

OxBlood Sep 29th, 2009 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 650576)
It's banned now. It was on the shelves for a couple weeks, as I understand it.

Funny story more or less. Since you arenīt allowed to show swastikas in videogames over here (theyīre not considered to be "Art" like movies), they removed them from the game. So far so good. But with the newer Wolfensteins, they also removed the fact that youīre fighting Nazis altogether. In the german Version of Wolfenstein you fight...you guessed it - "The Wolfpack", some obscure military regime or something like that. All the Naziguys are called Wölfe (Wolfs) and Deathshead (which is still a darn stupid play on words for Totenkopf which simply means Skull) is the Leitwolf, the Packleader so to speak.

At least thatīs what I read, I never played the german versions of those games (the smart german videogamer is not only more or less fluent in english but also knows where to get his imports from).

Concerning the ban...well, someone at Activision forgot to remove one of the swastikas in one level and there you go - Activision pulled it from the market and isnīt sure theyīll invest the time and money to produce ANOTHER cut version of the game. And thatīs the story of why you canīt buy Wolfenstein 2009 in Germany.

While Iīm at it. Of course it is extremely funny for a german to hear the feeble attempts of WW2-Movie-America to sound all evil and german in videogames and stuff. But please. If you want to get someone to do something fast while speaking german...there are more words than "Schnell, Schnell!" to communicate that. :lol Noticed that again when one of those faceless troopers was controlling the truck B.J. was in.

"WHAT! Get out of sä truck! SCHNELL!" No, Mr. Nazigrunt, itīs not Schnell, itīs "sofort" ;)

Ah well, sorry for the slightly garbled post, itīs early and Iīm still tired.

captain516 Sep 29th, 2009 03:08 AM

In Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich, there are no swastikas, only iron crosses. They speak pretty much exactly the way you described, but since this is a game based on 40's comics, I'm guessing it was intentional.

Guitar Woman Sep 29th, 2009 04:39 AM

I keep dying from the most embarrasing shit ever in Nethack.

Kicked a wall too hard. Choked on a rotten bat corpse. Burned to death from own ricocheted fire spell. Shanked by a hobbit. :(

I got back at the hobbits by using a Genocide Scroll on all the "h" graphic monsters, though. I also killed every kind of Dwarf, Bugbear, and Mind Flayer. Take that, you dicks!

This game is awesome.

OxBlood Sep 29th, 2009 04:44 AM

I´m pretty sure that the guys who write the dialogue for the german troops know that it´s not really correct (at least I suppose they do) and for someone who doesn´t speak german or comes in contact with it very often, it probably sounds pretty appropriate, since Fiction-Nazis have nothing to do with real Nazis...as far as I know, there were no Dinosaur-Riders in the 40´s or Veiltech-powered Überweapons fired from titanic Airships. Also no Hellboy (a shame).

I also wouldn´t really want the voice-guys to speak 100% proper german since it´s far more hillarious this way, just watch the Technoviking-Video for example :D

As a friend of mine once said: "Wow, the Americans must really REALLY be afraid of us if they think we can do THAT! *points to the screen showing some Nazi-Scientists building Mutants or Rayguns*"

And yes. Post-1940´s-Germany is a peaceful democracy. A democracy where every child at the age of 9 learns how to tear a rift into reality and summon forth the hellish servants of the Netherworld to do their bidding! Also, we got Rayguns that shoot darkness. Of course.

Guitar Woman Sep 29th, 2009 04:48 AM

Although you have to be trying to die from wall-kicking unless you're a really low level or something

I still don't know how to use the Search command properly so I just kick walls when I'm stuck and hope I find secrets :(

executioneer Sep 29th, 2009 06:45 AM

all you gotta do is hit 's', unless i'm really not remembering right

you gotta hit it 5-10 times sometimes to find certain secret doors or traps. Elves have a special 'autosearch' thing that basically gives you a free search each turn, and you can get i think a ring or some other artifact that also gives you that ability

10,000 Volt Ghost Sep 29th, 2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 650631)
Playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 tonight at 5:00 Pm PST.

My friend ending up taking until 6:00 PST to play because he watching his 11 month old as well. We got through may 1 mission and we ended up playing for 90 minutes. I need to replay it and go through Pro-Reg now.

Babs Sep 29th, 2009 09:06 PM

I recently started up a new character on Knights of the Old Republic. I loved the game when it first came out but since I've been exposed to FF12 I think KOTOR is obsolete but none the less it stills holds a decent replay value. Also, I guess they're making an MMO for KOTOR I guess.

captain516 Sep 29th, 2009 09:10 PM

KOTOR 2 still is still awesome though, right?

Zomboid Sep 29th, 2009 09:10 PM

I guess you're right, but I still wouldn't call KOTOR obsolute, I guess. How is a game obsolete if you still enjoy it -- especially if it's only last gen? I guess.

Microshock Sep 29th, 2009 09:32 PM

Uncharted 2 beta. I don't understand how they made this game 300 times more enjoyable than the last beta, but they did. Can't say I like the perks people have though, since im level 6 and theyre already level 30 5 hours into the beta.

Fathom Zero Sep 30th, 2009 01:03 AM

Left 4 Dead. Steam sale going on this week, 50% off.

OxBlood Sep 30th, 2009 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain516 (Post 650880)
KOTOR 2 still is still awesome though, right?

I prefer Kotor 1 since thatīs at least a finished game. 2 always seems rushed (which it is) to me BUT the combat system is better and deeper than in Part 1. When I think of the ending of Kotor 2...well, I still donīt get what they wanted to tell me, all seems really messed up towards the end.

Dimnos Sep 30th, 2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Microshock (Post 650893)
Uncharted 2 beta. I don't understand how they made this game 300 times more enjoyable than the last beta, but they did. Can't say I like the perks people have though, since im level 6 and theyre already level 30 5 hours into the beta.

I hear it went live today? Maybe yesterday? Do you get to create your own character? Or do you have to pick from some premades?

Phoenix Gamma Sep 30th, 2009 09:56 AM

Disgaea 2 on PSP. Someone found a way around mandatory firmware updates, so I can start enjoying new PSP releases now. Contemplating Persona 1, but that looks really dated.

Fathom Zero Sep 30th, 2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimnos (Post 650966)
I hear it went live today? Maybe yesterday? Do you get to create your own character? Or do you have to pick from some premades?

It went live and you get to pick from a list of characters from the story. I like the dude with the hat.

PS, this is the single most beautiful game I've ever seen on any game console, I shit you not. It's too bad that I won't have enough money to buy it when it comes out.

Dimnos Sep 30th, 2009 11:34 AM

Damn you Fathom. I need someone to play with since Sam is to good for his PS3.

Fathom Zero Sep 30th, 2009 12:01 PM

I'm in class until nine tonight. After which, I've made a concerted effort not to play video games until I bring my grades up and am able to manage time properly. I'm contemplating taking everything home and leaving it there.

Dimnos Sep 30th, 2009 12:08 PM

Morals. :rolleyes

Fathom Zero Sep 30th, 2009 12:29 PM

I couldn't give a flying fuck about my higher education. I have scruples. I don't like to go back on my word and I don't like failure.

Dimnos Sep 30th, 2009 01:21 PM

Yeah. I understand. You probably make your parents proud.

Ant10708 Sep 30th, 2009 01:27 PM

Halo 3 ODST

gamertag is Twiztid Ant

my friend and I are really trying to find one or two others to play firefight with. So if you'd like to play at night after seven eastern time,let me know!