I-Mockery Forum

I-Mockery Forum (http://i-mockery.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Blabber (http://i-mockery.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I-Mockery Chat (Lube up those lips) (http://i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8799)

zeldasbiggestfan Oct 8th, 2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathom Zero (Post 762623)
I think I'm bombing in my last French class. I've missed too many critical days because of personal reasons. As such, I'm probably going to have to withdraw and eat the few hundred dollars. :|

There's always next semester, though. Gotta keep your chin up, y'know. English Lit classes couldn't be easier, however, so there's always that.

:school

Youtube is awesome for free lessons online.

On another note, I will be working my 3rd Thanksgiving in a row thanks to this awesome country club I work at. :( Who else works holidays? Makes me sad.

LordSappington Oct 9th, 2012 01:41 AM

My friend decided to play "Is This Acid?" with me. I guess I won.

Shrubfest Oct 9th, 2012 08:30 AM

Fuck. I woke up this morning to discover husband has arranged a bunch of house viewings. I was unaware we were moving.

Kitsa Oct 9th, 2012 08:52 AM

I woke up with what definitely feels like arthritis in my big toe. I can't ever remember breaking that toe, and from what I know the vegetarian rate of gout is pretty low, so I'm just sort of sitting here with my coffee mystified.

It doesn't really hurt that much, it just seems out of place.

@FZ- I once got an undergrad award for "Achievement in French" and then the very next day got a letter from the University that I was on Academic Probation for never going to French class. Figure that one out.

Kitsa Oct 9th, 2012 09:33 AM

Also, I think this might only work in the States, but Lindt Truffles is giving away a million free bags on facebook today. You like their facebook and print a voucher. https://www.facebook.com/LindtChocol...82968635067837

k0k0 Oct 9th, 2012 07:13 PM

How to tell you're old: You got toe arthritis and sign up for free truffles.

I kid...I get a back ache from just standing around too long.

Kitsa Oct 9th, 2012 11:32 PM

For me getting old is a pretty big accomplishment, so I'll take the arthritis. And hell, I'm not turning down any free chocolate, especially if I'm 99% sure there are no roofies in it this time.

Fathom Zero Oct 10th, 2012 12:52 AM

needs more roofies

darkvare Oct 10th, 2012 12:53 AM

i speak french i had to learn while i lived in quebec

Kitsa Oct 10th, 2012 11:53 AM

Spanish and French are basically the same thing with different accents. Learn Latin and you pretty much have the whole set.

Fathom Zero Oct 10th, 2012 06:06 PM

darkvare comes from a long line of migrant workers and resident evil fans

Tadao Oct 10th, 2012 06:23 PM

Babs Oct 11th, 2012 01:58 AM

Colonel Flagg Oct 11th, 2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrubfest (Post 762638)
Fuck. I woke up this morning to discover husband has arranged a bunch of house viewings. I was unaware we were moving.

Maybe you were drunk when you agreed to the concept. I find this is the reason I agree to do lots of things ...

Just a thought.

Kitsa Oct 11th, 2012 11:15 AM

That happens. Mr Kitsa got drunk and bought tickets to a Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert once, then insisted I go. That was 6 years ago and I have yet to forgive him.

Babs Oct 11th, 2012 01:07 PM

IS THAT HOW YOU PROCREATED

Shrubfest Oct 11th, 2012 02:53 PM

I've become too much of a miserable recluse to be drunk. So no, he just decided for us. Today's house was nice though.

Zomboid Oct 11th, 2012 03:22 PM

Yeah, I pretty much just take my dog to the dog park and spend the rest of the day being an angry jerk, safe inside my home.

Babs Oct 11th, 2012 05:45 PM

Going outside is for the birds.

Shrubfest Oct 12th, 2012 06:48 AM

I wish I had a dog for the exercise and fresh air factor. Cat is no use, he's only recently become cat weight after being obese for 10 years. Alas, there are also no dog walking places looking for new walkers either.

Kitsa Oct 12th, 2012 08:38 AM

According to the movies and TV, every street in the UK is one short, charming little row of houses with a shop, letterbox and newspaper box at the end. Under these circumstances, walks must be delightful :europenotatalllikemovies

Babs Oct 12th, 2012 09:13 AM

I'm shitting out straight dayquil

Aaarg Oct 12th, 2012 10:44 AM

i have to drive somewhere to take the dog for a walk, or other peoples' dogs will bark at us constantly and several will probably come attack my dog because these rednecks don't leash or fence their pets

which would be a bit more reasonable if they didn't live within 15 feet of a goddamn road

Tadao Oct 12th, 2012 10:49 AM

Your dog probably walks like he owns the world.

Kitsa Oct 12th, 2012 11:55 AM

We can't put our dog out in the backyard because the people on either side of us have 3 dogs apiece and they go nuts. The neighbors on one side at least yell for their dogs to shut up, but the one on the other just lets them yap, or worse lets them jump through holes in the fence and come bite us.